Never-changing Hairstyles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Rania of Jordan, Princess Letizia, Princess Maxima

Queen Rania of Jordan, Princess Letizia, Princess Maxima

Princess Letizia? She changes her hair-style quite often. Curls, waves, straight, ponytails, updos... I don't think she fits into this thread...

Hee Hee...QFab's hairdo is legendary, isn't it! But it suits her, IMO. She is blessed with wonderful hair though, at her age.

Someone on another thread swears it is a wig. I don't believe it...HM has always had very thick hair...besides if she was wearing a wig or hair piece why would she choose a blue one...her hair is whitish/blue now!

I love Queen Fabiola though, I wouldn't care if she was bald headed. :whistling:

Queen Sonja has also always the same hairstyle.

Someone on another thread swears it is a wig. I don't believe it...HM has always had very thick hair...besides if she was wearing a wig or hair piece why would she choose a blue one...her hair is whitish/blue now!

IMHO she indeed has a wig which she occasionally uses. That is not a secret.

Mathilde's hair is also always the same.

So, by reading here, it looks like we should actually have a Changing hairstyle thread. Most of the royal ladies, stick to the script.

The Duchess of Cambridge is on the track to "never-changing hairstyle." I can only count 3 occasions when here hair was different: her first public appearance at the christening in Wales, her wedding, and the Epsom Derby. There are probably a few others but except for the last one, the hair was worn down or at most, half up, half down and all very similar.

The Duchess of Cambridge is on the track to "never-changing hairstyle." I can only count 3 occasions when here hair was different: her first public appearance at the christening in Wales, her wedding, and the Epsom Derby. There are probably a few others but except for the last one, the hair was worn down or at most, half up, half down and all very similar.

Ironically, the thing with having longer hair is that you can create more styles with it. I long for the day when Catherine wears a tiara again so we can see if she has her hair ornately dressed like the crown princesses do.

So, by reading here, it looks like we should actually have a Changing hairstyle thread. Most of the royal ladies, stick to the script.

LOL, good idea, but I think it would be a waste of bandwidth, as the thread would be virtually empty...no one changes their hairstyle!!!!

I love Queen Fabiola though, I wouldn't care if she was bald headed. :whistling:

Well, the wig thing is moot, as it's obviously the same hairstyle.

Last edited:
A never changing hairstyle is the secret of success for women who want to be recognized for their position and not for their style or as "fashion" icons = the usual women's cliché.

There are countless examples: QEII, Angela Merkel, Queen Beatrix etc etc etc. Unlike many of the young princesses like Mary, Letizia or Kate who are all recognized for the shallow image of everchanging style of clothes, hair or even face its part of the trick not to change your appearance if you want people to think of the position first and not even consider the sex and the image that all too often goes with "female" = talk of fashion and style, the shallow topic that distracts from the substance.

QEII does not only wear the same hairstyle but has worn the same style of quality clothes for decades: suits, hats, gloves, purse, brooch is the always repeating daytime outfit. Angela Merkel always wears blazer, pants, necklace, similar to Hillary Clinton. Its a strategy that is inevitable in order to be taken seriously in a serious position, as a woman.

Always wearing the same hairstyle and style of clothes doesn't make sure that you are taken seriously. As long as there is no substance, your style will only help you for a short period.

A never changing hairstyle is the secret of success for women who want to be recognized for their position and not for their style or as "fashion" icons = the usual women's cliché.

There are countless examples: QEII, Angela Merkel, Queen Beatrix etc etc etc. Unlike many of the young princesses like Mary, Letizia or Kate who are all recognized for the shallow image of everchanging style of clothes, hair or even face its part of the trick not to change your appearance if you want people to think of the position first and not even consider the sex and the image that all too often goes with "female" = talk of fashion and style, the shallow topic that distracts from the substance.

QEII does not only wear the same hairstyle but has worn the same style of quality clothes for decades: suits, hats, gloves, purse, brooch is the always repeating daytime outfit. Angela Merkel always wears blazer, pants, necklace, similar to Hillary Clinton. Its a strategy that is inevitable in order to be taken seriously in a serious position, as a woman.

I find that a very black and white opinion and apart from that, your points are not necessarily true at all.

Always wearing the same hairstyle and style of clothes doesn't make sure that you are taken seriously. As long as there is no substance, your style will only help you for a short period.

Indeed.

I agree with a lot that you said. I do think that is why so many women wear a "uniform." Better to be boring with your clothes than to be considered obsessed with them. I do think that it is also a symptom of the changing times. I do not believe that women were required to be so into what they wore in the past as they are now. That is not to say nobody cared how people looked 50yrs ago I just think it did not occur to the degree it does today and the style of these ladies reflect that.

Some of these women, especially in England, need to be forced to change their hairstyle. I swear Elizabeth has been wearing the same hairstyle since the 1930s! What is wrong with these women? Thank gawd none of them ever had a geri curl or a mullet. I first noticed this "never change your hair" trend with Diana and her boy hair cut that got more masculine as she aged. There was one time she wore her hair slicked back and I almost freaked at how good she looks. I think the worst offenders are Elizabeth, Camilla, and Diana. I had hoped Kate and her famous hair would change the trend because she has long hair, but it looks like that is a bust.

Trends change, but some of the limp, hanging, unkempt hair, displayed by the younger people is not a hairstyle, it is what happens when you do nothing.

to compared the styles selection of 70-85 y-o women to the one of princesses is off. When QEII was a princess people did pay attention to her style. What happens, and that works for society as a whole, not monarchy only, is that once you get older, the attention shifts. People will decide they want someone younger. That's not due to the new members of royal families is just the reality of things.
QEII never seemed to be very fashion orientated probably about her down to work personality, in that department we had Princess Margaret.
You can be fashionable and have a significant work life. In the end is up to the person.

Style is still style, age is no barrier. There are much better dressed and coiffed women at 70, then say the York girls or Princess Anne. They look like they are a comedy routine.

This has gone so off topic, sorry

Style is still style, age is no barrier. There are much better dressed and coiffed women at 70, then say the York girls or Princess Anne. They look like they are a comedy routine.

If you are talking about hairstyle, I agree. The problem with Anne's hair is not just the style, is that it's in really bad condition, like she combs when it is dry and never does conditioning!

Anne's hair is too long, for her age, not styled, that I can see and looks awful on her.

Gotta give it up for Sarah Ferguson for doing different hairstyles even if they were fails. But at least she changed it up over the decades. Sometimes when I think of Princess Anne I wonder if she was supposed to be born a boy.

Gotta give it up for Sarah Ferguson for doing different hairstyles even if they were fails. But at least she changed it up over the decades. Sometimes when I think of Princess Anne I wonder if she was supposed to be born a boy.

This is off-topic, but adding to your latest sentence: in character I think Princess Anne has boyish traits - I think her father got his 'rugged up son' in his only daughter as Charles seems to be more sensitive than she appears to be.

Speaking of Charles..why is it that men tend to pick one haistyle in their teens and keep it til they die or loose it. which ever comes first;)

As you know,Kate always has the same hairstyle.She looks beautiful with it but,she would also look beautiful with an updo or something else.

For myself I know I just don't like to fuss over everyday wear or my hair when I'm deep in work. These women who are Presidents and Secretary of State - they need a 'uniform' in a way, and a haircut that is simple to manage - complicated by the fact that they are being photographed from all angles. They are not actresses or models who have 'a face (and body) the camera loves'. Like most - or some :p - of us. I can relate. They didn't choose their careers for the glam exposure - it just happened - like for the Queen and Royals who are born into the roles.

If i was married to a man that just needed me to be arm-candy at every moment - I'd have a different attitude for sure - and probably have the time to devote to physical culture. But if I were Chancellor of Germany - well groomed would be the best I could - and would want - to muster. But focussed on my hairstyle would be a digression to the business at hand.

Last edited:
Speaking of Charles..why is it that men tend to pick one haistyle in their teens and keep it til they die or loose it. which ever comes first;)

You sort of answered that question yourself.

Out of necessity or...
Because men are naturally confident and simple beings. We determine pretty early on that we look dashing in a certain way, so why change it?
In contrast to women we need not contemplate our hairstyle for hours at a time and we can thus devote ourselves to more important tasks, like eating, sex, sports and sleep.
Also, having one hairstyle is practical, we can groom our hair very quickly on auto-pilot at way-too-early-in-the-morning, using a simple comb or a sponge, thus we don't have to get up more than ten minuttes before we leave for work.
While women has to get up about two hours before, donning her hair - then changing her mind. Selecting an outfit to wear - then changing her mind. Selecting a bag and a scarf to go with that, then changing her outfit again, because they don't match. Then studying her behind for about ten minuttes, lest it should have grown overnight, before putting on warpaint.
- You don't see that many men go through a similar process and that's why men are blissful. ;)

Last edited:
You sort of answered that question yourself.

Out of necessity or...
Because men are naturally confident and simple beings. We determine pretty early on that we look dashing in a certain way, so why change it?
In contrast to women we need not contemplate our hairstyle for hours at a time and we can thus devote ourselves to more important tasks, like eating, sex, sports and sleep.
Also, having one hairstyle is practical, we can groom our hair very quickly on auto-pilot at way-too-early-in-the-morning, using a simple comb or a sponge, thus we don't have to get up more than ten minuttes before we leave for work.
While women has to get up about two hours before, donning her hair - then changing her mind. Selecting an outfit to wear - then changing her mind. Selecting a bag and a scarf to go with that, then changing her outfit again, because they don't match. Then studying her behind for about ten minuttes, lest it should have grown overnight, before putting on warpaint.
- You don't see that many men go through a similar process and that's why men are blissful. ;)

Very well put Muhler:flowers::flowers: I wonder just how much more time in the day we women would have if we did not do all this stuff. The only downside is you men would not have as much "eye-candy" to look at.......:whistling:

:previous:
That's why men, married men in particular, learn patience. :p
- Okay, one of many reasons...

Congratulations on your first post :flowers:

Anne's hair is too dark. It makes her look older.

Queen Elisabeth also had her hair to dark at the same age, she looks much better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom