The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Wink Naturally elegant Queen...

There are threads about "Naturally elegant princesses" and "Naturally elegant royal man" .
Naturally elegant princess
Most naturally elegant royal man...?

So now:
What's your opinion: Who's the most elegant Queen?

My Vote goes for Queen Sonja.
She always dresses quite lovely and I like her elegant style.
Second Place goes for Queen Silvia.
I think they are the most elegant Queens.

1. Queen Sonja
2. Queen Silvia
3. Queen Ranja

Old 08-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Queen Paola, she has an elegant stile, she was a beatiful princess and now she is a beatuiful queen

Old 08-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Queen Rania of course . She has this natural and inner grace that could make her look elegant even in jogging pants and slippers ...
Old 08-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would say Queen Sonja because she has a simple and tasteful look about her.

Also, I would say Dame Edna, the self proclaimed Queen!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

1. Queen Rania of Jordan (my most favorite queen) wears very, very courageous dress and that is what I love. With mistakes or not she is great.
2. Queen Silvia of Sweden is for me the second most elegant one. Almost no fashion mistakes and she stayed "cool" in her style since she became princess. And her gala robes are always between the best.
3. Queen Sonja of Norway. She had a lot of mistakes, but when she wore something nice, she has ten times more adjusted it.
4. Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain. This is lady which I simply admire. She is always glittering but some of her clothes are without idea.
5. Queen Sofia of Spain wears (in my oppinion) very shy clothes and almost nothing new. But slower you can go further, and she has almost no fashion mistakes.
(Everything I wrote here is just my oppinion and I don't wanna offence nobody by it)
Old 08-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Courtier

Past: Queen Elizabeth and Queen Paola
Nowadays: Queen Rania and Queen Paola
Old 08-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Gentry

Talking

Queen Rania..

She has that natural grace that makes anything she wears look great ..even a sack of potatoe she can get away with what ever she wears

Maxima ..she is so natural and brave ..manythings she wears might look horrible on other but on her ..well she radiates in unuseual colours ...and with that smile ..well ....it is an extra item on her overall image ...
Old 08-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is certainly a very elegant Lady. She can wear grandma's cloths (private occassions) but still be every inch elegant.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy

It would be interesting to know what members think about the difference between natural grace,natural elegance and elegance/glamour simply,because I have the feeling that people quote Queens who they like or who are popular for them.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraKhan
It would be interesting to know what members think about the difference between natural grace,natural elegance and elegance/glamour simply,because I have the feeling that people quote Queens who they like or who are popular for them.
Partly, you are right in my case. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (who I named as my choice) is certainly one Queen I like very much. But I also like Queen Margrethe and Queen Beatrix and Queen Anee-Marie of Greece and many others (mind, I do think that they are elegant as well). But I tried to be impartial and name the Queen, who is elegant, imho, and not who is my favourite.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Commoner

without a doubt:
Queen Silvia
Queen Sonja
Queen Paola
Old 08-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Royal Highness

Naturally elegant Queen? For me the lady who exudes class, exquisite beauty and royalty like none other: The Queen of Thailand. Plus, she is one current Consort Queen that did perform duties as Regent for a few years.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Courtier

Fabiola of Belgium was the first name that came to my mind. She's always had that subtle stylishness no matter what the situation. Sofia and Silvia both have the same kind of sophistication but also the common touch as well. Noor wouls also be someone with a very admirable naturalness about her.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent

i dont know what im talking about "elegant Queen"

so im really loves HM Queen Elizabeth II's stylish because she collection lots dress since she become Queen in 1953 and she had lots evening dress for tours,banquet,etc.but she been still recycling dress for years and plans to charity of her dress on her 80th birthday last April 2006.

HM Queen Elizabeth II chose right design like as hartnell and stewart parvin because more good fits for Majesty.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I like Queen Sofia, Queen Noor and Queen Anne Marie, they all have that "bone-deep" elegance and class that is so cool to see!
Old 08-27-2006, 02:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I have three, so sorry for not sticking to the one

I would have to say Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Margrethe II & Queen Sophia.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:35 AM
Aristocracy

The most elegant queen is Paola !!!
Old 08-27-2006, 04:21 AM
Courtier

My favourite Queen is Beatrix, but I wouldn't say she is "most elegant"...

The most elegant Queens for me are
Queen Paola, Queen Silvia and sometimes Queen Sonia.
I also like the style of Queen Ranja and Silvia...
So, hard to chose only one.
I think they are all naturally elegant!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

No contest: Queen Sofia of Spain of course. She and the king make up quite the couple
Old 08-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

I don't know what the qualification ' naturally elegance' means.

In essence I would say that Queen Paola, who was a stunningly beautiful in her younger years, has 'natural elegance'.

But I think a Queen holds a position, she must step out of a car and no one could ever doubt for 1 second who is the most important lady. That means your way of clothing (complete with hats and gloves, if necessary change twice or three times a day), your manner of acting, your surroundings (hofdames, aide-de-camps).

Then in fact only two persons really stick out and these are Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Beatrix. Both ladies are in their eighties c.q. sixties and miss the youthful grace and elegance of a Crown Princess Mary, to name a someone. I think that both Queens dress and act and move and speak and behave the most ' Queen-like' of all European Queens.

But the prize for most elegant Queen -in gala- undoubtedly will go to Queen Silvia and Queen Margrethe. The strange thing is that the two Queens with the most impressive jewelry collections (Elizabeth II and Beatrix) make a quite un-inspired impression on me, when it comes to evening wear. But sometimes they can sparkle in all their Majesty, see this pic as an example:

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-1580...-6b3fc556d14e}