The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

I think it's really difficult to choose!

For natural elegance, I would choose Queen Sofia (and yes, she is my favourite Queen consort!) I pick her not so much for the way she dresses but because everything about her is so graceful and elegant! She knows what she's doing and never puts a foot wrong!

When it comes to looks, I would pick Queen Rania. She is amazingly beautiful and elegant.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

^Same here,as for me there's difference between natural elegance which is related to behavior and grace,and elegance simply which is related to glamour and looks.

But beside Queen Sofia,I would add Queen Elisabeth II

Old 08-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Commoner

My choices are Queen Sofia and Queen Elizabeth
Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Queen Sirikit of Thailand, Queen Elizabeth UK, Queen Noor, Queen Sylvia of Sweden
Old 08-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

For the present the most natural elegant ladies would be (former) Empress Farah of Persia, Empress Michiko of Japan and maybe Queen Paola to, especially in her younger years.
IMO Rania has to much work done to be considered naturally elegant.

Past Queens: Queen Alexandra of Great Britain and Ireland and Empress Eugenie of the French.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Nobility

Queen Noor of Jordan
Queen Sofia of Spain
Old 11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Rania
Queen Sofia
Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Silvia of Sweden
Queen Paola of Belgium
Queen Rania of Jordan
Queen Sonia of Norway
Old 11-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Commoner

Queen Rania
Old 11-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Nobility

I think Queen Silvia usually carries a great elegance with her- while we all laugh at some of her older Nobel Prize gowns, if you consider the years they were worn, they are really quite fashionable (relative to the times!). Her formal dress sense is stunning (here is an example)and often, when in groups of other royal women, she is much more sleek and sophisticated in comparison. She also carries jewels unlike any of the other queens and her incredible upswept hairstyles are in a league of their own- even without the tiaras! We very seldom see her choices in the "most terrible" thread here- her daytime suits and fashion is beautifully tailored and elegant.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
There are threads about "Naturally elegant princesses" and "Naturally elegant royal man" .
Naturally elegant princess
Most naturally elegant royal man...?

So now:
What's your opinion: Who's the most elegant Queen?

My Vote goes for Queen Sonja.
She always dresses quite lovely and I like her elegant style.
Second Place goes for Queen Silvia.
I think they are the most elegant Queens.

1. Queen Sonja
2. Queen Silvia
3. Queen Ranja
Naturally elegent queen is HM Queen Elizabeth II.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Nobility

Why do you say Queen Elizabeth? I'm afraid she often looks dowdy and quite out of date. Her outfits are usually a nice colour, but not very fashionable!

Her fashion in the 1950s was lovely, but I think she has been surpassed by most of the other queens for quite some years now. Certainly, when I am 80 years old, I don't expect I will be a fashionista! I think if we were to call her elegant, it would be because of how she carries herself, her incredible blue eyes and lovely smile- not for her fashion.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

My favourite is Queen Noor
Old 11-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Nobility

Queen Rania by far
Old 11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Rania of course.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Nobility

But WHY???!!!! Instead of just posting names, let's talk about what makes them elegant.

How have they created an elegant style? What exactly is their signature style that sets them apart from the other royal women? When are they most elegant (daytime wardrobe or evening?).

Let's discuss!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Courtier

my nominees are:
1-Queen sofia
2-Queen Paola
3-Queen Noor

those of u who chose Rania should havent seen her pre-wedding pix!
Old 11-10-2006, 02:16 AM
Aristocracy

^I agree with u,I think people confuse being well-dressed and natural elegance,Quenn Elizabeth dresses old fashionated but she's a gracious and elegant woman,As for Queen Rania it happened that she was well dressed when was a new Queen,but when I've seen her early pictures,she didn't look that elegant,and even her later fashion choices are not that falatering for her,it's so boring and sometimes she looks like a walking skelet in a bag.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I chose Queen Rania and I have seen her wedding pictures on more than one occasion.

The reason why I find her naturally elegant is due to the way she presents herself. To be specific, I do not mean the beautiful clothes she wears while on duty. Personally speaking I happen to like the designs to chooses such as Yves Saint Laurent, Rochas, Balenciaga, Chloe amongst others. I find their cuts as well as choice of fabrics flattering on her. She nows what works well with her body type; thus sticking with it. Of course there are times where she has made some questionable choices. Nonetheless, that is what fashion is all about; taking chances and never repeating them again.

Under varying situations, formal and informal, the Queen exudes a quiet grace, ease, intellect, and confidence. That I find admirable.

Now I view those characteristics as being naturally elegant minus the hair, make up, and clothes which, let's be honest here, is unimportant when it comes down to it.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraKhan
^I agree with u,I think people confuse being well-dressed and natural elegance,Quenn Elizabeth dresses old fashionated but she's a gracious and elegant woman,As for Queen Rania it happened that she was well dressed when was a new Queen,but when I've seen her early pictures,she didn't look that elegant,and even her later fashion choices are not that falatering for her,it's so boring and sometimes she looks like a walking skelet in a bag.
excellent point u made, Queen Elizabeth presents a real queen no matter what she wears, she has this charm and charisma which really absorb...

about queen rania I think her choice in dress hasnt changed, its just that we are tired of seeing fashionable clothes, we want some real charm...about her make up I'd say she always goes too far and I really cant understand why? like most eastern women shes pretty to some kind theres no need 4 tons of make up.