The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I have seen pictures which showed that some princesses have very different looking before their princess live, bravo for their stylist and the one who help their good transformation. After I have a look many pictures of princesses before they become a princess, then my choice for the naturally elegant (young generation) princess is Princess Alexandra of Denmak....
I agree, Mary springs to mind most as she was anything but elegant (imo) before she met Fred.

Out of the ladies who married into the Royal families, I think Princess Alexandra of Denmark was probably the most elegant alongwith Princess Ghida (Jordan). From the "born" princesses I think Infanta Cristina can be incredibly elegant and regal. Lalla Meryem is another lady who I've always thought of as being incredibly elegant.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
From the "born" princesses I think Infanta Cristina can be incredibly elegant and regal.
As much as I like Cristina and thinks she looks wonderful now, someone who took 30-35 year to be elegant is hardly what I would call *naturally* elegant. She and her sister as well can look very elegant now, but it has been a long prosess and I dont think anyone of them would be nominated for most elegant in the 80s and 90s. The same can be said for Märtha Louise and Astrid of Belgium, all of them look much much better now after they have married, had children and stopped dressing like (or dressed by) their mothers. Its unrelaistic to think that the new princesses should get it right all the time in 1,2 or 5 years when it took the "born" Princesses about 30 +/- years to achieve it.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

I think that princess Salma of Morocco is incredibly elegant person,whatever some people could think,for me elegance is not only about fashions.I like her very dignified bearing,and how she puts her hands one over the other like a Boteccilli Madonna.

From princesses born, the most elegant of them for me is princess Royal Anne, an other very dignified person which is for me the ipitome of grace and elegance.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Nobility

Although not technically a princess I think Charlotte Casiraghi is one the most natutally elegant "princesses". In her current thread there are pictures of her at Nice airport, quite scruffy looking but still her elegance shines through - IMO some people are naturally elegant - can wear a bin bag and pull it off - and those that can be elegant with a little help. I think Mary has learnt to be elegant, she´s not naturally so...haven´t seen old pics of Mathide, but she strikes me as one who is naturally elegant - in part you can see this natural elegance coming through in Elisabeth too.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Nobility

My vote would be for Mathilde. She has the sort of elegance that seems ingrained from birth, not recently acquired. I think Mary has worked hard to acquire a 'queenly' bearing and has had a lot of help from stylists, makeup artists, and dermatologists (not to mention money), and that Letizia, who I love, exudes dignity more than elegance. Mette-Marit is wonderful, but not really elegant. And Maxima? Far from it. She seems like a very nice woman, but if she were middle-class and dressing on an average budget, she'd be quite the frump (in my opinion, of course), as would her husband.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
As much as I like Cristina and thinks she looks wonderful now, someone who took 30-35 year to be elegant is hardly what I would call *naturally* elegant. She and her sister as well can look very elegant now, but it has been a long prosess and I dont think anyone of them would be nominated for most elegant in the 80s and 90s. The same can be said for Märtha Louise and Astrid of Belgium, all of them look much much better now after they have married, had children and stopped dressing like (or dressed by) their mothers. Its unrelaistic to think that the new princesses should get it right all the time in 1,2 or 5 years when it took the "born" Princesses about 30 +/- years to achieve it.
I think there's a difference between their fashion choices and bearing though. For example Cristina (and Elena) wore some horrific frocks in the 80's, but I still think she held herself well. After all we might look in fright at the clothes but what they were wearing would have been the height of fashion.

As much as I like Martha-Louise I would never describe her as elegant.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I would say, CP Mary of Denmark, but only after she became a princess. Looking back at some of her pictures, her casual wear was not that flattering. I think she has changed 360 degrees fashion wise.

I would also say, Charlotte (PCarolines of Monaco's daughter) a great sense in fashion for the younger generations of royalty
Old 10-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

CP Mary of Denmark is the most stylish and beautiful Princess! She is lovely always well dressed, always the best IMOpinion!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

For me the most elegant princess is Rania from Jordan.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola0731
For me the most elegant princess is Rania from Jordan.
i agree with you handsdown Rania is most elegant but she is a queen not a princess.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

Past: Princess Grace of Monaco, without doubt she had a natural elegance.

Current: Princess Mathilde of Belgium and Princess Caroline of Monaco, they have an innate elegance. Princess Mary of Denmark is still developing her personal style, but she is also elegant.

On the other hand, Princess Letizia of Spain is elegant, but she hasn't a natural elegance because she never looks relaxed, I would say she looks artificial.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Cp Mary always gets her look right.

I thought Rania was elegent the first 2-3 years when becoming queen, but lately her style is not impressing at all. We see her in Safari jackets, belts all the time.There is no more of the flowy skirts, blazer jackets, cardigans etc.

Letizia's look is professinal not a princess look.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with the definitions presented here on what is "natural elegance", and I think Princess Caroline of Monaco and Hanover fits the description. Most of the other royal ladies have help if the form of stylists, etc. And they have to make do with their country's top designers which aren't quite as famous as the French.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

the most natural elegant princess is letizia - born to do the job as she is reserved and has excellant dress sense
Of princess grace of monaco is a classic example of the ideal perfect princess
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	girona 28june06.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	259611  

Old 11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Although Asma'a al Assad isn't a princess but i think she's so elegant...
Old 11-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Grace
Princess Diana
Princess Mary
Princess Mathilda
Princess Victoria
Princess Letizia
Princess Christina
Princess Alexandra
Old 11-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Nobility

Queen Noor
Queen Sofia
CP Masako of Japan
Sophie countess of Wesex
Princess Caroline
CP Mete Merit
CP Victoria and her sister Princess Madeleine
Princees Astrid of Belgium
Infanta Cristina of Spain
Princess Aimee of The Netherlnds
The late Princess Grace
Non royals
Jacqueline Kennedy
Audrey Hepburn
Old 11-06-2006, 02:30 AM
Aristocracy

For me, Princess Madeleine and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Old 11-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Majesty

Please let's keep this thread on topic. We are discussing royalty. If you wish to discuss non-royals, please do so in the Celebrity Chit Chat subforum.

I also think it would be more interesting if you could tell us how you perceive your naturally elegant princess... What are her qualities and physical attributes?

Thanks,

Mandy
Old 11-06-2006, 03:19 AM
Nobility

To me when i think of elegance I naturally think of Princess Grace- she had so much style and it seemed effortless..