Naturally elegant princess

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
galuhcandrakirana said:
I have seen pictures which showed that some princesses have very different looking before their princess live, bravo for their stylist and the one who help their good transformation. After I have a look many pictures of princesses before they become a princess, then my choice for the naturally elegant (young generation) princess is Princess Alexandra of Denmak....
I agree, Mary springs to mind most as she was anything but elegant (imo) before she met Fred.

Out of the ladies who married into the Royal families, I think Princess Alexandra of Denmark was probably the most elegant alongwith Princess Ghida (Jordan). From the "born" princesses I think Infanta Cristina can be incredibly elegant and regal. Lalla Meryem is another lady who I've always thought of as being incredibly elegant.

Little_star said:
From the "born" princesses I think Infanta Cristina can be incredibly elegant and regal.
As much as I like Cristina and thinks she looks wonderful now, someone who took 30-35 year to be elegant is hardly what I would call *naturally* elegant. She and her sister as well can look very elegant now, but it has been a long prosess and I dont think anyone of them would be nominated for most elegant in the 80s and 90s. The same can be said for Märtha Louise and Astrid of Belgium, all of them look much much better now after they have married, had children and stopped dressing like (or dressed by) their mothers. Its unrelaistic to think that the new princesses should get it right all the time in 1,2 or 5 years when it took the "born" Princesses about 30 +/- years to achieve it.

I think that princess Salma of Morocco is incredibly elegant person,whatever some people could think,for me elegance is not only about fashions.I like her very dignified bearing,and how she puts her hands one over the other like a Boteccilli Madonna.

From princesses born, the most elegant of them for me is princess Royal Anne, an other very dignified person which is for me the ipitome of grace and elegance.

Although not technically a princess I think Charlotte Casiraghi is one the most natutally elegant "princesses". In her current thread there are pictures of her at Nice airport, quite scruffy looking but still her elegance shines through - IMO some people are naturally elegant - can wear a bin bag and pull it off - and those that can be elegant with a little help. I think Mary has learnt to be elegant, she´s not naturally so...haven´t seen old pics of Mathide, but she strikes me as one who is naturally elegant - in part you can see this natural elegance coming through in Elisabeth too.

My vote would be for Mathilde. She has the sort of elegance that seems ingrained from birth, not recently acquired. I think Mary has worked hard to acquire a 'queenly' bearing and has had a lot of help from stylists, makeup artists, and dermatologists (not to mention money), and that Letizia, who I love, exudes dignity more than elegance. Mette-Marit is wonderful, but not really elegant. And Maxima? Far from it. She seems like a very nice woman, but if she were middle-class and dressing on an average budget, she'd be quite the frump (in my opinion, of course), as would her husband.

Larzen said:
As much as I like Cristina and thinks she looks wonderful now, someone who took 30-35 year to be elegant is hardly what I would call *naturally* elegant. She and her sister as well can look very elegant now, but it has been a long prosess and I dont think anyone of them would be nominated for most elegant in the 80s and 90s. The same can be said for Märtha Louise and Astrid of Belgium, all of them look much much better now after they have married, had children and stopped dressing like (or dressed by) their mothers. Its unrelaistic to think that the new princesses should get it right all the time in 1,2 or 5 years when it took the "born" Princesses about 30 +/- years to achieve it.
I think there's a difference between their fashion choices and bearing though. For example Cristina (and Elena) wore some horrific frocks in the 80's, but I still think she held herself well. After all we might look in fright at the clothes but what they were wearing would have been the height of fashion.

As much as I like Martha-Louise I would never describe her as elegant.

I would say, CP Mary of Denmark, but only after she became a princess. Looking back at some of her pictures, her casual wear was not that flattering. I think she has changed 360 degrees fashion wise.

I would also say, Charlotte (PCarolines of Monaco's daughter) a great sense in fashion for the younger generations of royalty

CP Mary of Denmark is the most stylish and beautiful Princess! She is lovely always well dressed, always the best IMOpinion!

For me the most elegant princess is Rania from Jordan.

paola0731 said:
For me the most elegant princess is Rania from Jordan.

i agree with you handsdown Rania is most elegant but she is a queen not a princess.

Past: Princess Grace of Monaco, without doubt she had a natural elegance.

Current: Princess Mathilde of Belgium and Princess Caroline of Monaco, they have an innate elegance. Princess Mary of Denmark is still developing her personal style, but she is also elegant.

On the other hand, Princess Letizia of Spain is elegant, but she hasn't a natural elegance because she never looks relaxed, I would say she looks artificial.

Cp Mary always gets her look right.

I thought Rania was elegent the first 2-3 years when becoming queen, but lately her style is not impressing at all. We see her in Safari jackets, belts all the time.There is no more of the flowy skirts, blazer jackets, cardigans etc.

Letizia's look is professinal not a princess look.

I agree with the definitions presented here on what is "natural elegance", and I think Princess Caroline of Monaco and Hanover fits the description. Most of the other royal ladies have help if the form of stylists, etc. And they have to make do with their country's top designers which aren't quite as famous as the French.

the most natural elegant princess is letizia - born to do the job as she is reserved and has excellant dress sense
Of princess grace of monaco is a classic example of the ideal perfect princess

Attachments

• girona 28june06.jpg
    girona 28june06.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 237
Although Asma'a al Assad isn't a princess but i think she's so elegant...

Princess Grace
Princess Diana
Princess Mary
Princess Mathilda
Princess Victoria
Princess Letizia
Princess Christina
Princess Alexandra

Queen Noor
Queen Sofia
CP Masako of Japan
Sophie countess of Wesex
Princess Caroline
CP Mete Merit
CP Victoria and her sister Princess Madeleine
Princees Astrid of Belgium
Infanta Cristina of Spain
Princess Aimee of The Netherlnds
The late Princess Grace
Non royals
Jacqueline Kennedy
Audrey Hepburn

Last edited:
For me, Princess Madeleine and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden

Please let's keep this thread on topic. We are discussing royalty. If you wish to discuss non-royals, please do so in the Celebrity Chit Chat subforum.

I also think it would be more interesting if you could tell us how you perceive your naturally elegant princess... What are her qualities and physical attributes?

Thanks,

Mandy

To me when i think of elegance I naturally think of Princess Grace- she had so much style and it seemed effortless..:)

Definitely Princess Grace. She came from a wealthy family AND she was an Oscar-winning Hollywood actress. She already knew how to comport herself in formal situations and carry herself like a lady. It just manifested itself into becoming a Princess.

I think naturally elegant royals don't have a specific "look". You can be tall, short, fat, thin, blonde, brunette.....it doesn't matter. To me, it's all in the way you act and the way you carry yourself. It's the way you sit down, it's the way you walk into a room, it's the way you speak.....it's intangibles like that. Elegance is something that just....is.

ysbel said:
I define natural elegance as a natural and very graceful body language or 'deportment' that bespeaks of refinement and is understated. A naturally elegant woman could look elegant wearing jeans.

The only current princesses to have that natural elegance are Mathilde of Belgium and Alexandra of Denmark. The other women, while they have their moments have gotten their elegance with a bit of a makeover.

Maxima doesn't strike me as being very elegant because to me elegance is always understated and Maxima is just too exuberant and vivacious to be understated. Her vivaciousness is a very appealing trait but elegant is not the word I would use to describe her.

Mette-Marit is understated but her body language still shows a bit of hesitation and lack of self-confidence sometimes which keeps her from being really elegant. As she matures and gains confidence I think she will gain an acquired elegance that is just as good as the natural kind.

Both Letizia and Mary have an elegance that they worked hard to get. They're very attractive to look at even though their elegance isn't inborn. I say if you don't have it naturally, then if you can work to get it, then more power to you.

I agree 100%! ;)

Last edited:
I think that princess Letizia is a very naturally elegant woman. She always has been very faithful to her style: simple, not planed ,refined and really very natural...and I believe that these are the keys for a natural elegance. In adittion she always has dressed thus even before being princess.
Mary is elegant but her elegance is not natural, she seems to be OBSESSED with the fashion(a really fashionvictim like Rania)… I would not include her in this list.
And..Maxima is natural but........not elegant.

Last edited:
My vote go to:
-Princes Maxima.
-Princess Mary.

- Princess Grace
- Queen Rania
- Princess Mary
- Princess Letizia

I define natural elegance as a natural and very graceful body language or 'deportment' that bespeaks of refinement and is understated. A naturally elegant woman could look elegant wearing jeans.

The only current princesses to have that natural elegance are Mathilde of Belgium and Alexandra of Denmark. The other women, while they have their moments have gotten their elegance with a bit of a makeover.

Every one seems to know about Mary's makeover but few saw Letizia's makeover because she had it before she went on camera as a CNN journalist. Its very rare for a female journalist to walk in cold and be able to pull off the look required of a oncamera newswoman.

Diana's makeover was more dramatic. Blackwell named her the worst dressed woman of 1981 and he complained about her posture because she slumped. She fixed that problem very dramatically.

Maxima doesn't strike me as being very elegant because to me elegance is always understated and Maxima is just too exuberant and vivacious to be understated. Her vivaciousness is a very appealing trait but elegant is not the word I would use to describe her.

Mette-Marit is understated but her body language still shows a bit of hesitation and lack of self-confidence sometimes which keeps her from being really elegant. As she matures and gains confidence I think she will gain an acquired elegance that is just as good as the natural kind.

Both Letizia and Mary have an elegance that they worked hard to get. They're very attractive to look at even though their elegance isn't inborn. I say if you don't have it naturally, then if you can work to get it, then more power to you.
Wow! 2 and a half years later, and this is all true!!! The princess who was most quoted was Princess Mathilde, and I couldn't agree more. Being elegant isn't only what you wear, it's a certain presence which you have even in jeans and tshirts. One thing maxima has more that other princesses, is a natural flair which she has and she can have messy hair (which I often complain about) and not perfect skin, yet everything she wears she wears with a flair, and has great chic, yet it is different to elegance. One princess who hasn't been menioned is Princess Muna, mother of KAbdullah. I don't know how she was as a young princess, yet she has such elegance for someone of her age, her hair style, clothes and makeup are just ELEGANT:wub:

I think that Princess Mathilde is the most naturally elegant princess in the world. I also think that Queen Noor of Jordan, Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece, and Princess Aimee of the Netherlands are naturally elegant as well.

I am inclined to agree with sgl pointing out that Crown Princess Mathilde is the most naturally elegant princess in the world. She has got innate elegance, sense of style, and grace that can not be achieved by makeovers ... in my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom