Naturally elegant princess

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the little I know about her, I would say that Mathilde of Belgium is the most naturally elegant. Of-course, Grace of Monaco was the epitome of elegance!

The one who never seemed to not even have to try was Grace Kelly. Also Princess Mary appears to have a natural elegance about her in pictures.

Last edited:
Both Princess Caroline of Hanover and Mathilde of Belgium ooze an inborn elegance that can neither be taught nor learned...it seems effortless with them.

For me, those are the two that come to mind immediately. :)

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Maries Chantel of Greece
I find them very comfortable in their styles.

Princess Caroline
Princess Marie-Chantal
Princess Mary

From the little I know about her, I would say that Mathilde of Belgium is the most naturally elegant.

I agree with that. To me Mathilde is the most naturally elegant of all the princesses.
Mary has an enormous royal elegance to her, but to me it seems rather "studied" than natural.

I think the line blurs somewhat between elegant and royal. Princess Caroline in her younger days and CP Mathilde were both brought up in elegance and style. Mary and Mette Marit have worked to achieve an elegant persona. Grace was a natural born actress and it stood her in good stead.

The one the interests me most is CP Victoria. Give that girl a hard hat and gumboots and she is as natural as breathing, give her a Steel Cut Tiara and she defines the word Regal. From the tip of her tiara to the toe of he elegant shoe she is every inch a Queen to be.

Crown Princess Victoria Pictures - Nobel Prize Award Ceremony 2010 - Zimbio

Close-up 1 Close-up 2

Princess Mathilde is, at least to me, the one Princess of the current generation that I would definitely call naturally elegant.
Princess Victoria can positively ooze elegance and regal demeanour; she knows what suits her well and goes for it.
Princess Letizia was elegant before her marriage too, but she was a TV presenter; it went with the job.
Princess Grace was one of the most elegant women ever, but then again she was a film star.

Princess Mary, Princess Marie, Princess Claire, Sophie Wessex, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Cambridge, Charlene and other royal ladies are very elegant, but that was an acquired elegance: before their marriages, most of them were the girl-next-door type.

Duchess Of Cambridge
Princess Letizia
Princess Mary
Princess Mathilde
These They are The Most Princesses That I Think They are So Elegant .

I think overall I would still keep my almost three year old post above as it is. Still think Princess Michael is certainly one of the best royal dressers out there and, what's most important, she had that fabulous style even before she married Michael. No help of stylists, it's a natural good taste.

That would be the reason why I wouldn't say anymore that Princess Mary of Denmark is naturally elegant. Saw so many pictures of her pre-wedding and she had a very baggy, casual and even sometimes tacky style. Same goes for Kate - dressed very average, nothing special or regal/elegant there.

I'd rather add Letizia of Spain to my list, who always had a good and professional style, then Princess Olga of Greece (Aimone's wife) and Princess Tatiana of Greece. And probably also Princess Caroline of Monaco. Sure, we see faux pas with all these ladies sometimes, but overall they seem to have a good taste.

I find Mathilde frumpy, but yes, she's overall quite a smart and elegant dresser, compared to others. Grace Kelly was simply a movie star...

CP Mary
CP Mette-Marit
Princess Marie
CP Marie-Chantal

always Princess Diana

For me, elegance goes way beyond how one dresses or wears makeup or accessories.

With the help of a reputable stylist almost any woman can transform herself into an artifice of elegance, at least.

But true elegance goes beyond mere fashion...it's the manner in which you present yourself to the world...the way you speak, interact, sit, walk...and so many intangible other things.

Grace Kelly had it. Jacqueline Kennedy had it, and so did Audrey Hepburn.

My personal opinion is that few...very few-less than five-women in today's Royal world have what I would describe as true elegance. :whistling:

With the above post as a standard that elegance goes beyond clothes but how you act, I would say that at the top of my list of Modern Elegant Princesses would be Princess Mary of Denmark as well as Elizabeth II. But with that same description in mind I would definitely have to say that Diana doesn't fit the term elegance. She may have been known for her fashion, but her behavior is no where close to Jacqueline or Audrey.

XeniaCasiraghi...I feel the opposite way. I think Mary of Denmark is attractive, but if you look at photos and video of her from before she became a princess there is no way she was born elegant...and she was/is very far from being in the category of Audrey or Jacqueline.

Everything that Mary is today was acquired through clothes and training...before her marriage she was very average and girl-next-door. Her engagement interview with Frederick reminded me of some of the young women you see at the beach or the shopping mall. Some of her pre-wedding photos don't even resemble her now in fact.

I have seen old photos and videos of young Lady Diana Spencer...and even if she wasn't elegant she had an innocent, aristocratic charm. There was something very special about her. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis met Diana during her 1985 visit to D.C. with Prince Charles, and Jackie reportedly told a friend that she thought Diana was "very elegant".

These things are only opinions of course, which are very subjective.

Last edited:
The way Diana behaved and acted is what I feel don't make he elegant. I don't feel an elegant woman would throw herself down the stairs while pregnant or rip her husband & his family in public. Perhaps on the surface some could find her elegant, but looking deeper I find her anything but. I feel Princess Mary carries herself with elegance and doesn't appear to have to try hard to portray a regal personality. I don't know much about Mary the person, but I haven't heard of any bad behavior on her part.
I'm trying to think if anyone else in the BRF is worthy of the word except QEII.

I think Serena, Viscountess Linley-who is married to QEII's nephew David Linley- is probably the most naturally elegant woman in the BRF today.

She is always perfectly presented.

Moonmaiden23 said:
I think Serena, Viscountess Linley-who is married to QEII's nephew David Linley- is probably the most naturally elegant woman in the BRF today.

She is always perfectly presented.

I have to admit I agree. I think if Margaret was alive she would be proud. I assume she will one day be Countess of Snowdon and she fits that title perfectly.

The way Diana behaved and acted is what I feel don't make he elegant. I don't feel an elegant woman would throw herself down the stairs while pregnant or rip her husband & his family in public. Perhaps on the surface some could find her elegant, but looking deeper I find her anything but. I feel Princess Mary carries herself with elegance and doesn't appear to have to try hard to portray a regal personality. I don't know much about Mary the person, but I haven't heard of any bad behavior on her part.
I'm trying to think if anyone else in the BRF is worthy of the word except
QEII.

Unlike Mary, Diana had a husband who had a long time lover and she had, serious, image issues. Bad behavior, is not what Diana had, A rotten situation, partly of her making, in some ways, but she married into a lot of them. She was too immature to handle the situation, properly. She was, to the eye, extremely elegant.

COUNTESS said:
Unlike Mary, Diana had a husband who had a long time lover and she had, serious, image issues. Bad behavior, is not what Diana had, A rotten situation, partly of her making, in some ways, but she married into a lot of them. She was too immature to handle the situation, properly. She was, to the eye, extremely elegant.

Very well said Countess.

Seems like you can't go anywhere without the old Charles & Diana story getting into the discussion.

For elegant princess I would suggest Alexandra of Kent, still stylish at 75.

Alexandra of Kent is a beauty, of that there can be no question. She is a very elegant lady.

She was, to the eye, extremely elegant.

Agreed.

Princess Alexandra is in a class by herself as far as style and elegance goes.

i will say princess diana because i don't think i have ever seen her in any thing wacky
and she is a fashion icon

I most certainly agree with Princess Alexandra of Kent, in my head she's the image of elegance, something that she has inherited from her mother, Princess Marina.

Elegance - Princess Grace, everything about her was elegant, her pose, the way she carried her head, the shoulders, just wonderfull.

For me, Victoria of Sweden is a naturally elegant woman, she seems so comforable in her own skin nowadays, it seems natural to me.

I cannot say that Mette Marit is elegant to me, but she has a natural grace that is deeper than elegance, it is not how she carries herself, it is an aura of calm and care.

Yeah, I know my english should be better :)

I most certainly agree with Princess Alexandra of Kent, in my head she's the image of elegance, something that she has inherited from her mother, Princess Marina.
Agreed. She is epitome of elegance.
I must also add the Duchess of Gloucester and Lady Sarah Chatto; both have always had impeccable taste and carry and air of effortless elegance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom