Most beautiful gala gowns worn by royal ladies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love Victoria's dress. That really is a gorgeous gala gown. :flowers:

IMO Catherine's dress is just a dress. A fabulous up do may have lifted the overall "look", but to call it a "gala gown" is going way to far. :ohmy:

:previous: Lovely gowns, but you are right, they are not gala gowns! :flowers:

I agree, those aren't gala dresses, but they do look great on her.

Princess Diana's most amazing gala gown, imo, was the "Elvis" dress that was completely encrusted with pearls. It's one of the few late-eighties/early-nineties dresses that still looks just as chic today.

The most beautiful gown I've ever seen : I'm in love with this dress of Elie Saab (worn by a so stunning Queen ) :

http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/8616/00003837180016px.jpg[/URL]
Source : Corbis

This is a very nice gown. I usually hate brown but it is a beautiful color when used like this. Letizia really looks fantastic in this dress though I do wonder if she had much difficulty walking in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raina looked gorgeous in that brown dress!

Last edited:
I love gown 18!!! She looks gorgeous

It's been a while since we last saw Letizia in a gala gown + tiara.
Here's a look-back at all her tiara-looks so far::flowers:

Gala1
Gala2

Gala3

Gala4
Gala5
Gala6

Gala7

Gala8
Gala9
Gala10

Gala11
Gala12

Gala13
Gala14

Gala15

Gala16

Gala17

Gala18

My personal favourite looks were: The blue gown (galalook16) and the red gown (galalook13).
My least favourite look was definitely the pink gown.

We are so unaccustomed to seeing her in tiara and jewels and with her hair styled that this is almost a feast for the eyes! Those were the days:flowers:

I have just drooled over the wonderful pics posted by Her_Majesty. Thank you. I know we're living in tough economic times, but these magnificent jewels and gowns certainly cheered me up.

One of my favourites is the pink gown Caroline wore to the 2002 Red Cross Ball in Monaco: pic 1 pic 2

Mine would be Diana's dark navy White House gown, when she danced with Barishnikov and Travolta. And The Sapphire!!!!

Thank you Her_Majesty. I missed out on the tiara times and I was amazed by these.

She looked painfully thin in #7 but the rest were glowing. I loved everything about #10; her hair is wonderful in 6 + 12

Crown Princess Victoria 2014 Nobel Prizes gown beyond breathtaking!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

This red is simple and yet, very magnificent. I love the shade of red and the big skirt. This entire look is absolutely exquisite and stunning. Victoria looked just like a princess and unforgettable.

:previous: That was a truly magnificent gown. Gloriously OTT and, if the OSCARS are anything to go by, we will see more fabulous, glorious gala gowns to come.

Added: I think Victoria designed her look as a whole package. The dress without the jewellery would have swamped her. Conversely, I can't think of anyone else who could wear the whole package without looking a little overcooked.

Last edited:
Royal women in velvet:

wrapped in velvet | Royal Roaster

Excluding Madeleine's gown, I find all of these looks stunning! My overall favorite is Mathilde's gown. She looked absolutely breathtaking!

My favorites:

1. Queen Mathilde
2. Princess Ameerah
3. Catherine
4. Mary
5. Letizia
6. Marie Chantal
7. Rania
8. Charlotte
9. Charlene
10. Victoria
11. Mozah

i also really like this dress by kate:
http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibt...eton-at-our-greatest-team-rises-event-in-.jpg

and i hope letizia recycles this beauty for a state visit sometime soon, it's a shame it only has one outing:

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Princess+Letizia+Ralph+Lauren+Auto+Exhibition+nNtVn1TjOWbl.jpg

mary's ode yde dress worn in vietnam is one of my favourites of hers.

the skirt in this dress of marie is dreamy, it's a shame as i don't like the the top, hopefully she will get it altered!

these two dresses by mary are not really gala gowns but evening gowns, i think they both look really good:

1 2

Wow. I love that blue velvet on Charlene. So unique.

I adored the gown Queen Letizia wore to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's pre-wedding reception back in 2011. It's probably my all time favourite gala gown, this is going to sound very cliché but it really did look like something out of a fairytale! Other more recent gowns of Letizia that I absolutely love are the purple gown she wore in July and the grey gown she wore in March (not sure if they count as gala gowns though).

Without any doubt Queen Máxima of the Netherlands during the wedding of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden with Ms Sofia Hellqvist. It was a stunning bordeaux gown with high-skilled embroidery techniques.

Click twice on the pic for XXL revealing amazing details.

Picture

My allt-ime favorite of Letizia's is the dazzling blue number she wore to Niko and Tatiana's wedding:

Back
Top Bottom