Most beautiful gala gowns worn by royal ladies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Margrethe II said:
Mary of Denmark

Source: POLFOTO Credit: Emilia of CPMEMB..rehosted & modified

Source: POLFOTO Credit: Humera of TRF..rehosted

"MII"

When I look at Princess Mary wearing the red gown (by the way, wonderful pictures, MII, thank you) I have the impression she wears as a necklace the tiara she used for her wedding, but I'm not sure about that, it's just an impression...am I wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Olka said:
When I look at Princess Mary wearing the red gown (by the way, wonderful pictures, MII, thank you) I have the impression she wears as a necklace the tiara she used for her wedding, but I'm not sure about that, it's just an impression...am I wrong?

You're most welcome Olka :)

You are correct. HRH bridal tiara is a convertible piece and as a result the Crown Princess opted to wear the tiara as a necklace to the State Dinner in Sydney.

"MII"

Last edited:
Margrethe II said:
You're most welcome Olka :)

You are correct. HRH bridal tiara is a convertible piece and as a result the Crown Princess opted to wear the tiara as a necklace to the State Dinner in Sydney.

"MII"

Thank you very much for your answer. :) I wasn't very sure about that tiara, now I know.

I love the dress MC wore at the first dinner of the King of Sweden's 60th Birthday Celebrations (the black one)

The gown worn by Queen Silvia in 1996 for the 50th birthday & again in 99 at Nobel + the silver gown worn by her in Thailand a few years ago were truly 'Queenly'.

Queen Silvia always looks to darn good! She is truly a Queen! she has a great sylist!

I love this gown of Queen Sonja of Norway :)

Seegerpress

Her_Majesty said:
I love this gown of Queen Sonja of Norway :)

Seegerpress

Totally agree Her_Majesty!! :)
What event did Sonja wear that dress? I'm assuming it was a wedding or something along those lines

My favorite royal dress:
image.php

- love the color

Last edited:
Im gladm you agree with me. Some people told about that dress, that it could be worn only by small, 5 years old girl on her birthday party. :(

MC's gown by valentino

same as the one j.lo wore to the academy awards?

also love this fabulous feathered gown

valentino as well?

Margrethe II said:
No, that's a different gown. Jeniffer's was more subtle and a lovely pastel peppermint green ;)

"MII"
Jennifer wore copy of Jacqueline Kennedy dress from 1967 (Valentino).

Last edited:
I found better picture of that wonderful blue dress:
source: nettavisen.no

Last edited:
That blue dress of Mette-Marit is one of my favourite royal gala dresses ever! Thanks for posting it, mims111! :)

mims111 said:
I found better picture of that wonderful blue dress:
source: nettavisen.no
i love that dress :eek:.

ANB
Love Martha Louise's hairdo and gown.

Martha Louise recyceling the dress from Frederiks prewedding dinner.
Photo by John Eeg
Love that dress.

(PS: can anyone send me an e-mail or tell me how to do the two dots on Martha Louises name, on the letter a, and a slash through the letter o :confused: :) )

I agree flctylu. I love both Martha Louise's gowns, but the orange and blue would have to be my favourite. ;)

flctylu said:
(PS: can anyone tell me how to do the two dots on Martha Louises name, on the letter a)
I may not know that (since my keyboard has the key :)), but I know that in german one can write "ae" for "ä" - or oe for ö and ue for ü - and besides that Martha looks just fine ;) But maybe there is someone else who knows how to do it.

JessRulz said:
What event did Sonja wear that dress [post 85]?
Could it have been a gala for their silver wedding anniversary in 1993? The pics look a bit older and they are wearing their norwegian orders.

Mine is the dress that Queen Sofia wore to the Gala dinner at the Pardo Palace before the wedding of Felipe and Letizia.

Its hard to choose a gown, seeing all these great ones! I liked very much, Mette Marit dresses. I must said that she is a real lady. She looks really regal.

Vanesa.

JessRulz said:
Totally agree Her_Majesty!! :)
What event did Sonja wear that dress? I'm assuming it was a wedding or something along those lines

She wore it to the gala of her joint 60th birthday with King Harald back in 1997, which was attended by various European royals. It has been worn several times since. For instance, she wore it to Princess Alexandra of Berleburg's wedding and to the state dinner when QE II paid a state visit to Norway about 5 years ago.

The most beautiful gown I've ever seen : I'm in love with this dress of Elie Saab (worn by a so stunning Queen ) :

Source : Corbis

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom