Most beautiful gala gowns worn by royal ladies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
enchantednights said:
is it just me or did grand duchess maria teresa wear the same gown to felipe and leti's engagement dinner that catherine wore to the 10th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards?

source: gettyimages

source: corbis

they both looked ravishing in it, though. ;)
I think it is the same gown. Catherine's was by Elie Saab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I must tell you, I am a real fan of the Royal Jewels threads, but this one got me hooked on royal fashion! Thanks...

Margrethe II, I love the pics you posted. I think why we all seem to like the dress CP Mary wore to her own pre-wedding gala is that the ensemble is the complete package. The dress is beautiful, fits Mary like a dream, and is paired with a necklace that goes perfectly with the dress's neckline (not too big or too small and just the right shape) and the tiara just looks beautiful. I think that the other, and maybe more important reason why she looks so beautiful is because she is so happy! She just seems to shine. I also love Mary's two red gala dresses, so perfect for her complexion and her hair.
And we can't talk about the Mary's pre-wedding gala without raving about Letizia's gorgeus red dress. It was stunning. period.

I wish Mary would have worn the pre-engagment gala gown and jewels and everything with it to the Swedish Kings 60th Birthday. That would have been great.

We know that the Princess of Asturias wants to wear only spanish designers 's works for her gala dress. Can be classified as a spanish designer Oscar de la Renta, who, i'm quiet sur, could doing specific and tremandous gala gowns for Letizia, or not ? I don't know that.

CP Letizia

I also love the red dress of letizia. the one she wore to the pre-wedding gala of Mary and Fred. for me, without a doubt that dress is a total knock-out! no other royal gowns can compete with that. and she's not even a royal when she wore that gown. it's timeless and the color it really suits her. i just wish she will wear it again but with her wedding tiara. she already looks like a queen!!!:D

That was a stunning gown. Letizia can carry off a lot of colors, but red looks the best on her, IMO.

Queen Rania looks stunning and the colour is good on her, her beautiful posture boosts the prettiness of the gown itself. Wondered, who is the designer.

galuhcandrakirana said:
Queen Rania looks stunning and the colour is good on her, her beautiful posture boosts the prettiness of the gown itself. Wondered, who is the designer.
yes, the gown was very pretty but that tiara:eek:
she needs to get back to the 2004 Olympics to wear that thing

galuhcandrakirana said:

I'm 99% sure it was Elie Saab.

Princejohnny25 said:
I wish Mary would have worn the pre-engagment gala gown and jewels and everything with it to the Swedish Kings 60th Birthday. That would have been great.

Really? I think the gown would have been too much for such an occassion. I have always felt this creation to be worthy of a Coronation or something along those lines, anything else would be, well...unworthy of such finery (my humble opinion of course ;)).

Margrethe II, I love the pics you posted. I think why we all seem to like the dress CP Mary wore to her own pre-wedding gala is that the ensemble is the complete package. The dress is beautiful, fits Mary like a dream, and is paired with a necklace that goes perfectly with the dress's neckline (not too big or too small and just the right shape) and the tiara just looks beautiful. I think that the other, and maybe more important reason why she looks so beautiful is because she is so happy! She just seems to shine. I also love Mary's two red gala dresses, so perfect for her complexion and her hair.
And we can't talk about the Mary's pre-wedding gala without raving about Letizia's gorgeus red dress. It was stunning. period.

LadyK, I am glade to see another appreciate the Crown Princess' happiness & gown as much as I :)

Also, I agree on the red gown!!! It is the only piece I can honestly say I love of Letizia's! Well, that and the black dress she wore to the Vatican.

Let me add the other 1% Little_star ;)

"MII"

Rania looks very nice no matters what she wears.
And she have a good taste. Her dresses are lovely.

crisiñaki said:
yes, the gown was very pretty but that tiara:eek:
she needs to get back to the 2004 Olympics to wear that thing
Yes that tiara ruins her attire....I think its is because of it's all green colour
Little Star said:
I also had thought it's Eli Saab design since Queen Rania often wears her design, but I was not very sure. Love the golden embroideries, its seem to be inspired from Jordan or middle-eastern traditional embroideries pattern.
Margrethe II said:
Mary of Denmark
Source: POLFOTO Credit: Emilia of CPMEMB..rehosted & modified
"MII"
I wish she wore this gorgeous red gown in King Carl Gustaf's birthday gala, just my preference:).

I love Mary's black (or was it navy) and white dress that Her Majesty posted. She looks so elegant! Does anyone have a picture of Infanta Christina in the red dress she wore recently, with the flamenco style skirt? I think it was from the Laureus awards. She was with Inaki and KJC. (sry but I can't figure out how to put the tilde on the n for Inaki) I saw pics of it in the royal family of spain's current events forum.

galuhcandrakirana said:

Elie Saab is the designer

LadyK said:
(sry but I can't figure out how to put the tilde on the n for Inaki) .
you have to push ALT and 164 then you'll get the ñ ;)

Thank you. They all look stunning. Beautiful gowns. Rania always looksbeautiful, but must agree on that awful tiara. Looks like it has lights.

I must be in the minority, I really liked the emerald tiara Rania wore in Sweden. I loved the design. The only problem I'd say is that her hair was too dark to carry it off. I think it would be better suited to someone like Letizia or Mathilde.

I thought Letizia's stunning red gown at Frederik and Mary's wedding was absolutely devine. Unfortunately, since her marriage we have seen nothing as classically 'signature'. In fact, she seems to have become very understated.:(
Has anyone seen her in anything nearly as dynamic? Please share if you have.

Last edited:
I think Queen Sylvia is the lady who is most suitable for this thread as IMO of all present Queens she certainly wore the most beautiful gala dresses by far. My personal favorite is this one, here at the Nobel price gala of 1999 but first worn at her husbands 50th birthday party in 1996. I believe that the dress came from France, Dior maybe?
(Pics:Corbis)

0000360735-002.jpg

5mp0xkjm_guest.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/Jan-Maarten/0000360735-002.jpg

The gala gown Letizia in Frederik's pre-wedding gala wore is my favorite.
Letizia looks so classical and elegant.

I agree Marengo, Queen Silvia does look really pretty in that dress. I just wish she was smiling!:D

I love both of Letizia's gowns which she wore in Denmark. I like back of Silvia's gown (posted by Marengo).

Marengo said:
I think Queen Sylvia is the lady who is most suitable for this thread as IMO of all present Queens she certainly wore the most beautiful gala dresses by far. My personal favorite is this one, here at the Nobel price gala of 1999 but first worn at her husbands 50th birthday party in 1996. I believe that the dress came from France, Dior maybe?
(Pics:Corbis)
This gown looks lovely both colour and style (specialy it's few from behind) but unfortunately (I think) it's sleeves style make Silvia's upper arms which are not that slim anymore very visible and her shoulder looked drop down. uhmmm... may be because of that Silvia doesn't smile happy:D. I agree that Silvia is still one of many royal who wore beautiful gala gown.

10miyqa.jpg

Source: Getty Images

I love the way she carries this simple dress in a very elegant way!

Back
Top Bottom