Meghan Markle's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's pretty amazing...92 percent increase!

LaRae

That is huge!!! Windsor is well worth the visit but there is also so much to see in London that a lot of tourists never make it out there. But the wedding was an excellent showcase of the town!

That's pretty amazing...92 percent increase!

LaRae

That IS amazing, isn't it? I would go if I could!?

I agree that Meghan's veil is/was a work of art...it has replaced Maxima's as my #1 Royal Bridal veil.

:previous: Yes it is and I'm glad to finally have a close up of the incredible embroidery work.

:previous: Yes it is and I'm glad to finally have a close up of the incredible embroidery work.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendour site offers great information and photos, but I've seen much better close-ups of Meghan's veil on other sites (usually photos attached to articles around the time of the wedding). You can check Pinterest or do a Google search. The site that ladongas linked above has a photo with nice close-up detail of the veil embroidery. And scroll down in the below article for another more detailed close-up portion of the veil:
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...tfits-exhibition-windsor-castle-a8512511.html

In addition, this fashion illustrator's Instagram sports a fab fashion illustration of Meghan in her wedding gown:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjDBB99B1Nt/?hl=en&taken-by=david_mandeiro_illustrations

Very lovely! :heart2:

Last edited:
From the beginning, I felt that the veil and the tiara made the dress. But the more I see of the dress, as time passes from the wedding day, the more I sense how well it suited Meghan. Her style is very minimalist, without a lot of frill, flounce and bling. So it suited her to a T, despite some issues with wrinkling at the waist when she exited the limo. In some photos, the left shoulder area of the dress displayed some looseness (likely due to last-minute fit changes, which happen to many brides who tend to lose weight in the lead-up to their wedding day). All-in-all, however, it's an exquisite choice for Meghan, and she looked lovely.

Years from now, Meghan will surely still be proud of her wedding dress, and it will never look dated (unlike Diana PofW's dress). I noticed recently that Crown Princess Mary of Denmark's wedding dress has some similarity to Meghan's re the boatneck style and simplicity of the 3/4 length arms and upper part of the dress. The bottom of Crown Princess Mary's dress had fabric folds and detailing, and the color looked more off-white than white. Plus Mary's hairstyle, veil and tiara were fashioned into an elaborate headpiece.

Meghan's after-party dress by Stella McCartney was more Meghan's edgy, relaxed style, while the wedding dress by Clare Waight-Keller adhered more to classic royal ceremonial traditions.

Last edited:
Veil is still the only stunning thing about the dress. Now on display it looks even more like the lackluster wedding gowns of the 70's like Queen Silvia's.

Another thing I will say is that the veil seems too long for the train. Idk but I wish they were more in proportion.

You can do minimalist without being plain.

Last edited:
Veil is still the only stunning thing about the dress. Now on display it looks even more like the lackluster wedding gowns of the 70's like Queen Silvia's.

Another thing I will say is that the veil seems too long for the train. Idk but I wish they were more in proportion.

On the wedding day, I noted that the dress itself was timeless but not memorable. It'll stand the test of time in terms of fashion trends but it won't stand out as one of the best dresses of all time. The veil on the other hand will.

Have to disagree on the proportions. Meghan would have been criticized endlessly with a 15 ft train...trying to be Diana...train longer than Kate...etc, etc. More importantly it's not Meghan's style and it would've been even harder to see the detail in the veil. The long veil was perfect to create a dramatic entrance on the steps and solo walk up the aisle. But, the material was light enough so it wouldn't be an anchor while she was walking. The tiara and veil made the look and are the real draws of the exhibition.

I like Meghan's wedding gown because it stands out for the simple design. Imagine the hue and cry if Meghan wore something like this for her wedding

Good Morning America host Lara Spencer ties the knot with Rick McVey in romantic Colorado ceremony | Daily Mail Online

We expect modern brides to look sexy walking down the aisle, or look like a Disney princess. Frankly a bedazzling here and there on the dress would have made it no different.

I would say with the exception of Kate, Madeline, Claire and Stephanie. All Royal wedding dresses have been very simple.

Victoria which I would argue is the most popular wedding of this current generation of royals. Charlene, MM, Meghan have been very simple but very memorable.

I totally agree with your assessment. The veil looks better than the dress. Latter is, IMO, absolutely boring. Gives me a "is that all?" feeling.

And those loose strands of hair that she continues to tuck behind her ears today..... :bang:

I read that her hairdresser did that on purpose but for her wedding that was in my eyes a big no-no.

I would say with the exception of Kate, Madeline, Claire and Stephanie. All Royal wedding dresses have been very simple.

Victoria which I would argue is the most popular wedding of this current generation of royals. Charlene, MM, Meghan have been very simple but very memorable.

For me, both Victoria and Mette-Marit were and remain one of the most boring brides ever. Just not my taste. So to me not memorable.

In comparison to Madeleine, Claire and Stéphanie, Catherine ("Kate") was, again IMO, also quite boring. Especially with that fingertip veil.

Interestingly, I've noticed that Meghan's wedding dress by Givenchy's Clare Waight Keller is very similar to Princess Angela of Liechtenstein's wedding dress which Angela designed herself:

And here's a side-by-side view of the two ladies in their wedding dresses. Meghan is featured first in this video, and Angela is featured at about 5:30 in the video, which includes a number of minimalist wedding dresses of royal brides:

Also interestingly, Meghan bears a striking resemblance to this Spanish lawyer:
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...illacis-separadas-al-nacer-parecidos_1484907/

Last edited:
Oh October 2018 to Jan 2019. But still that’s not prime tourist season. Basically the dead of winter.
Considering that the exhibition has now been EXTENDED because of its popularity, it doesn't seem to have been a problem holding the exhibition in the "dead of winter" when it's not "prime tourist season"!:D:lol::whistling:
Amazing how the popularity of Harry and Meghan's wedding has increased visitors to Windsor!

https://www.hellomagazine.com/bride...nce-harry-wedding-outfit-exhibition-extended/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom