Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
Welcome to Meghan's Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings Thread

Please use this thread to discuss Meghan's dress. If you wish to discuss the tiara and jewels you think she may wear, please take it to the 'Wedding Tiara/Jewelry Suggestions and Musings' thread.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I think ivory or cream would look equally well on Meghan or even a pale coral. This is going to be so exciting!

Delighted by this news! I reckon she won't be going down the lace route. (Thank God, for that!:) I see her in an off-shoulder satin gown. Along the lines of Charlene and Victoria - maybe with a little bit more body.
Very elegant, clean & classic.

http://d2ktfdr1kgdrl7.cloudfront.ne...houlder-wedding-dresses-sonyunhui-250x500.jpg
(without the horrid veil)

Or maybe infused with some more modern elements:
https://www.elegantweddinginvites.c...te-ball-gown-wedding-dresses-2016-paolina.jpg
(I love Amelia Sposa..)

Last edited:
Definately a British Designer - and no Sarah Burton!
BYe Bine

I think ivory or cream would look equally well on Meghan or even a pale coral. This is going to be so exciting!

Yes would look great in cream or even a blush tint. I'm not a big fan of ivory..just depends on the tone.

LaRae

I hope she breaks the lace trend. Simple but well structured gown without lace.

Sleek , elegant , in blush pink. No lace please.

She doesn't seem like a lace person (in her previous clothing)...so I will be surprised if she does lace..ALTHOUGH with the caveat if a woman is going to ever wear lace it will be on her wedding dress.

Remember all those Royal Needleworkers are just waiting for something to make!

LaRae

RALF AND RUSSO!! Please, Meghan, go with Ralph and Russo. Beautiful gowns that are unique, but grand. Perfect for Meghan!

Their dresses seem very busy.

LaRae

She doesn't seem like a lace person (in her previous clothing)...so I will be surprised if she does lace..ALTHOUGH with the caveat if a woman is going to ever wear lace it will be on her wedding dress.

LaRae

The Royal School of Needlework are always busy !!!!

I know...I was being facetious. If nothing else they can do the detail on her veil.

LaRae

GMA reporting Meghan Markle once said her "ideal wedding dress" was the one worn by Carolyn Bessette Kennedy.

IF true (and I don't know about that)...you won't see that dress at the Abbey or St Georges.

LaRae

I want something along the lines of Crown Princess Victoria's dress for Meghan- I think she would look fantastic in those very simple, classic lines. Her style seems to be simple and tailored.

RALF AND RUSSO!! Please, Meghan, go with Ralph and Russo. Beautiful gowns that are unique, but grand. Perfect for Meghan!

I think you're right- that would be perfect

I like Victoria's dress. The upper part might not work but the rest is lovely.

LaRae

No, you won't. The takeaway for me was she likes simple, sleek, figure conscious design and perhaps she also favors a simple silk fabric w/o much embellishment like lace...Idk. Just reporting what Lara Spencer quoted from an interview MM gave a few years ago.

IF true (and I don't know about that)...you won't see that dress at the Abbey or St Georges.

LaRae

IF the Wedding is at Westminster Abbey there is a risk that a sleek, column dress might be'lost', given the Abbey's volume a long train would obviate that problem, but 'proportion' [both of the Bride and the venue] is certainly something the designer/s need to consider...

Last edited:
It appears to be a truthful statement. Here's the interview MM gave on favorite wedding dresses.Meghan Markle's Favorite Celebrity Wedding Dress | PEOPLE.com

Yes, CBK's was lovely but it was the 90s and the wedding took place in a small church. Meghan's dress designer will have to take into account, as you say, a column dress would be lost in a larger venue.
IF the Wedding is at Westminster Abbey there is a risk that a sleek, column dress might be'lost', given the Abbey's volume long train would obviate that problem, but 'proportion' is certainly something the designer/s need to consider...

I want something along the lines of Crown Princess Victoria's dress for Meghan- I think she would look fantastic in those very simple, classic lines. Her style seems to be simple and tailored.
YES. The first thing comes to my mind for MM is Victoria's gown.

I think she's going to have a grand dress...however it will lean to simple/elegant in design. I don't expect a sheath, mermaid or trumpet.

Modified A-Line or A-Line is my guess.

LaRae

Someone may admire admire a certain style of dress in the abstract, but I have seen that brides sometimes go a different direction than they initially expect when choosing their own wedding gown. Whatever her dress looks like, I look forward to the wedding.

LaRae

She's actually worn quite a few lace dresses on the red carpet, so it's very possible she may do a lace wedding dress.

She's actually worn quite a few lace dresses on the red carpet, so it's very possible she may do a lace wedding dress.

That's cool..I just haven't seen those!

The quality of lace she will have access too, if she's inclined at all to have lace on a wedding dress this is the time to do it!

LaRae

Meghan gave some clues in an interview with "Glamour" on wedding gowns for her "Suits" character Rachel:

"It's not my personal style, because I'm a lot more relaxed than Rachel but I love that I got to play dress up in this gown. For TV we did have to bring the neckline up a touch per the producers request, but the original design has a low ballerina inspired neckline and I happen to love that.

Glamour: What's your perfect wedding dress?

__Meghan: My personal style—wedding or not—is very pared down and relaxed. Classic and simple is the name of the game, perhaps with a modern twist. I personally prefer wedding dresses that are whimsical or subtly romantic. Delphine Manivet and Christos Costarellos are faves of mine for their uniqueness and beauty. And I will always be a fan of Ellie Saab. J. Mendel is spectacular as well, especially for more structural designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom