The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I love how Mary does her makeup.She always looks natural.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Most professinal make-up artists airbrush the foundation on their clients, and I'm sure many of the royal women do to (well, their artists I mean.) It works wonders and makes ones skin look flawless even those with horrific looking skin. So buy an airbrush kit thingy if you can find one.

Regarding Ole, if you have combo skin I would stay away from his products. Try Obagi if your skin needs some extra help.

If you have 200.00 that you are not concerned about!!!
Yes, I looked into buying this UNTIL...I saw the price..
Dior has a spray foundation for 60.00...Not tried it yet..When I'm done using my MAC the spray Dior is on the list.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Nobility

I like the way Mary and Letizia tend to wear their makeup - natural, elegant, and classy. I believe Mary has a personal makeup artist; what about Letizia?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
At first Mette Marit did not wear a lot of makeup but,not she seem to have changed that.I think she looks better now even though I love the all natural look.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-A...sformation.jpg
I'm sorry but I think M-M's make up has not changed.
I think M-M should have brighter make up, especially in evenings she should go with bolder make ups.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

I believe that Mette-Marit uses less make-up because in the Northern countries of Europe people prefer a simple,clean,subtle beauty and less extravagant,bright styles. (Just look at the fashion,art and design-itīs all about simplicity,good quality and clear lines-less is more!) I like make-up that looks as if you had nothing done to your skin,it doesnīt hide her natural beauty and she has good skin so why should she put on more to cover it?Maybe she could try out some new lipstick colours from time to time but I generally like her appearance.In my eyes she didnīt change that much,at least I donīt see such a great difference like Iīve seen on CP Mary or Queen Rania who completely changed their look and style over the years after they married & became royals.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

I prefer MM in natural version, she seems to feel good in her own skin. With the minimalistic make-up she was one of the most beautiful royal brides. Lately she experiments more I think. Sometimes she looks good, sometimes not.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:55 AM
Royal Highness

I feel exactly the same, I prefer natural looks too :-)
I donīt like women who wear too much make-up or parfume...
Old 12-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I loved how Mary,Victoria and Mathilde did their make up on their wedding day.They looked very natural and did not put too much.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Royal Highness

For me Mary overdone the blush. She was very pale and it didn't look good IMO. i agree about Victoria, she looked nice. I also like MM, almost no make-up, just bare stunning face.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
5 Beauty Lessons From Kate Middleton
Kate Middleton Hair and Makeup Lessons
Old 06-09-2012, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought Kate's makeup here was impeccable! Im glad she did not go overboard with the eyeliner and I think she had a decent amount of blush. I also love the lip color!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I thought Kate's makeup here was impeccable! Im glad she did not go overboard with the eyeliner and I think she had a decent amount of blush. I also love the lip color!
I have to disagree.
The makeup is still very heavy (for my taste): too much blush and contouring, too thick eyeliner, lower line included.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I have to disagree.
The makeup is still very heavy (for my taste): too much blush and contouring, too thick eyeliner, lower line included.

I agree with you,Artemisia . Maybe for evening occasion is OK, but she have same makeup for daily and evening events, IMO
Old 06-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

June 10, 2012 - Princess Charlene with soft makeup and a soft lipgloss shade. This style make up really suits her well.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided here. Some of these "improvements" are pretty garish, but others don't look too bad:

Kate Middleton's extreme makeover. M&S virtual beauty technology lets women try make-up before they buy | Mail Online
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided here. Some of these "improvements" are pretty garish, but others don't look too bad:

Kate Middleton's extreme makeover. M&S virtual beauty technology lets women try make-up before they buy | Mail Online
Giving up people are already complaining her make-up is too strong, I don't think I would want to know what would they say if she would start doing most of what was created there for her...
Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post

Some of these (especially the first two) make me think of a badly done make-up for a high school production of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show', or something else that would require that type of make-up. Yikes . I'm a fan of the muted look, and Catherine would be able to wear that quite well. There's no need to go bright (especially with that blue-green eye shadow).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x

Giving up people are already complaining her make-up is too strong, I don't think I would want to know what would they say if she would start doing most of what was created there for her...
I agree. Most of these options are awful.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

They make her look like a clown. All of the "improved" options are dreadfully unflattering.

Some people really have rocks in their heads!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent