Madeleine & Chris's Wedding: Wedding Guest Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Royal_Monogram_of_Princess_Madeleine_of_Sweden.svg

The monogram of Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Welcome to the thread to discuss the fashions of the guests attending the wedding celebrations of HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill on June 7 and 8, 2013.

This topic will be closed until June 7th.

Thanks and happy Posting!

Last edited:
I hope some of them look better than they did at the dinner. :ROFLMAO:We will see....

Please let it be so mgrant. I am hoping for the best but fear the worst. If Chris' mother shows up in another hot pink dress like at dinner I think I will completely lose it. And the halloween party lady in black, oh no please. No spanx at the wedding for all to see! Lets hope that the ones who were temporarily insane have now taken their medication and have come to their senses. Lol.

Well so far so good. Still, there are some short dresses that I would see here at home for a friend's wedding. I think the could be dressier, but who am I? :lol:
Everyone looks respectable, no Halloween costumes so far......

Just saw Princess Martha Louise and Marie-Chantal. They look beautiful.

Edward and Sohpie looking good! Guillame and Stepanie, gorgeous.

Mette-Marit is always beautiful, especially when she dresses in blue.

Frederik and Mary great. Charlene in brown? The gown is pretty but I was hoping she would wear a lighter color. She looks wonderful, though.

Awww, Princess Estelle is cute!!!! Her mom is gorgeous!

Carl is handsome and Queen Silvia never disappoints

Chris makes a handsome groom!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Princess Charlene is not wearing a tiara. And Princess Victoria is wearing the tiara and necklace from Princess Lilian.

Victoria looks absolutely stunning - the best dress since a long while. Her Lilian jewellery is just perfect for her - especially those pieces are hard to wear.
Mary looks good, but average for her class.
Mette is average.
Stephanie looks very nice today.
Marie Denmark wears a nice dress but the colour doesn't suit her.
Sophie looks surprisingly nice.
Marie chantal looks classy as usual.
I'm positively surprised by Theodora Greece.
Even Charlene looks great - the colour would be better on an autumn occasion, but the cut is great. To that colour doesn't fit much jewellery. She may be should have tailored it in a nice pink or blue.

The worst is Chris mother in silver (!?). His sisters and his mother always look so "american tacky", eventhough they have married into noble families.

I still can't believe Charlene isn't wearing a tiara. It's not like she didn't know the dress code. Nor does she have a shortage of options. It seems she's determined to make it through her reign without ever having to actually wear a proper tiara!

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looked absolutely amazing in light blue gown. Soft pastel colour and lace was a perfect combination.
Princess Pavlos' ensemble was simple and elegant.
Countess of Wessex's dress was quite nice. I liked soft pale colour.
Princess Takamado's dress was all right.
I am not sure about Crown Princess Mary's ensemble because there was too much going on and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie's ensemble because it was a bit awkward and I do not like yellow stones.

Last edited:
Eva looks like her dress is cobbled together from Christmas placemats!

Mary looks like she is drowning in that red dress.
I like the color of Mette-Marit's but not the style.

My favourites are Crown Princess Victoria, Queen Silvia and Sophie of Britain.

His sisters and his mother always look so "american tacky"

I think his sisters both look very suitable for the occasion and not at all "American tacky". Thank God they don't look "Euro-trashy" either.

Wondering who is the lady sitting at Chris' family side. That's quite a massive tiara!!

image-3823249900.jpg

Wondering who is the lady sitting at Chris' family side. That's quite a massive tiara!!

View attachment 289187

That's H.S.H. The Duchess d'Arenberg.
She's wearing Valentino pret-a-poter SS 2013 and Princess Sibilla of Luxemburg's Art Deco Tiara in the full version!

I'd say Estelle is my favorite in all the guests! She was adorable!

Crown Princess Victoria looked absolutely amazing, I like Princess Marie and Princess Tatiana´s gowns also

CP Victoria the best and after her Queen Silvia...:flowers:
And of course Pss Estelle

Here is my two cents, I am not a fan of the wedding dress because I think it add weight to her and make madeleine look old but since it her day whatever make her happy.
Chris is ok, Estelle future heartbreaker, madeleine bother cannot remember his name please shave up I don't get why all these royal men does not groom themselves before show up at event the women should not be the only one that need to look clean at all time.
honestly I wish all the royal men can at least try!! As for the live coverage SVF I give them F--- because the coverage sucks I have to restart my computer 8time to watch the event.
My other two cents on the royal women Mary look wow, mette the same , Charlene please demand a tiara from albert two years into married you deserved one and stop with the tacky dress, Charlene dress better when she is not on royal event why do the opposite.
As for Stephanie you are 28 not 40 dress your age I don't know why they keep dressing her like her mother in law look at Kate of wales she will never been seen out looking like Stephanie, why are designer not helping Stephanie out too, I just wish they can stop age her with all those dress, look at Mary she is older but dress far more better than Stephanie. And Sofia we all know your wedding is next before that stop with your over tan makeup, she is only 26yrs and need to easy up on the extra tan and makeup and her dress is O.K. I can see they have her sit at the back at the church but it seems to me she look less worry because she know she will be front and center soon.. Anyway that is my two cents now back to bed....:flowers:

Last edited:
I was impressed with HGD Stephanie. She made some improvements but I was utterly disappointed with Charlene. Why isn't she wearing a tiara?

Queen Silvia looked brilliant apart from her tiara,its my least favourite of the Swedish one's.Princess Benedikte of Denmark also looked very regal,but I think she always does!

Did any of the Belgian royal family come? I didn't see any of them.

The best dressed : Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Tatiana of Greece, and Princess Martha Louise of Norway.

Not bad : Princess Marie of Denmark, Crown Princess Marie Chantal of Greece (too bad the dress looked white on screen), and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie.

Was it the guest list that didn't include the belgian, Dutch and Spanish royals or a busy schedule for their members?

Was it the guest list that didn't include the belgian, Dutch and Spanish royals or a busy schedule for their members?

I do think they were invited, but declined for various reasons. My best guesses:

Dutch: WA and Maxima would have been there if it hadn't been for the fact that they are king and queen now. The swedish and dutch royal families are close. The other members could have had previous engagements.

Spanish: Problems at home. Not good PR to go to a wedding with lots of bling and fancy stuff in a small, obscure nordic country if you have domestic issues.

Belgians: No idea, actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom