Madeleine & Chris's Wedding: Wedding Guest Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think they were invited, but declined for various reasons. My best guesses:

Dutch: WA and Maxima would have been there if it hadn't been for the fact that they are king and queen now. The swedish and dutch royal families are close. The other members could have had previous engagements.

Spanish: Problems at home. Not good PR to go to a wedding with lots of bling and fancy stuff in a small, obscure nordic country if you have domestic issues.

Belgians: No idea, actually...

Belgians --> CP Philippe is in USA, but another members like Princess Astrid with her husband? - no idea

Spanish --> what problems? economical? Inaki?

All of the above, I think. But I still think that they could have sent someone to represent. Elena, perhaps?

Belgians --> CP Philippe is in USA, but another members like Princess Astrid with her husband? - no idea

Princess Mathilde could have attended on her own, like Charlene did.

Best looking Royal female guests:

CP Victoria
HRH Princess Nikolaos
Princess Martha-Louise
HGD Stephanie
HRH Princess Marie of Denmark

Worst:

Charlene of Monaco-her refusal to wear either an Order or tiara when she has both, and when the dress code calls for it, borders on petulant and rude imo.

Mary of Denmark-completely surprised me. She is usually immaculate at these events but that loud, lace raspberry thing was an epic fail, imo.

Princess Mathilde could have attended on her own, like Charlene did.

Yes, I agree. I think it's strange that these three royal houses didn't send anyone at all. Also, I don't think that Liechtenstein was represented, but I could be wrong about that.

I do think they were invited, but declined for various reasons. My best guesses:

Dutch: WA and Maxima would have been there if it hadn't been for the fact that they are king and queen now. The swedish and dutch royal families are close. The other members could have had previous engagements.

Spanish: Problems at home. Not good PR to go to a wedding with lots of bling and fancy stuff in a small, obscure nordic country if you have domestic issues.

Belgians: No idea, actually...

right
Princess Beatrix is at the Bilderberg Conference (6 till 9 June 2013), which she never misses.
Prince Constantijn and princess Laurentien had a long standing obligation on Saturday and the birthday of their eldest daughter Eloise.

The duke of Brabant was on a trade mission and returned only on Saturday evening

Last edited:
right
Princess Beatrix is at the Bilderberg Conference (6 till 9 June 2013), which she never missed.
Prince Constantijn and princess Laurentien had a long standing obligation on Saturday and the birthday of their eldest daughter Eloise.

The duke of Brabant was on a trade mission and returned only on Saturday evening

Thanks for the information. That explains it. But I think that it's sad if the fact that WA and Maxima are king/queen now has prevented them from going to a wedding that they otherwise would have loved to attend.

Last edited:
Was Princess Birgittas husband there? I know they live separate lives and live in different countries but doesnt he usually show up for big events like this?

He wasn't there. I haven't seen him around for many, many years. Princesses Desiree and Christinas husbands were there. Princess Margaretas husband died in 2008.

I love her outfit, very elegant. She is also wearing a tiara...is she married to an aristocrat?

I think that CP Victoria, Marie of Denmark and Tatiana were the top three best dressers for the evening. And as usual, prince Carl Philip and CP Haakon looked great. They simply can't look ugly :)

Oh, and a honorable mention to Sofia (you know, the girlfriend). I'm not part of her fanclub, but cred to her for this entire weekend. She wore a nice yellow dress on the rehersal dinner yesterday, and arrived with Madeleines best friend. That's a statement in itself. And today the mauve dress looked great on her. No excessive jewellery, just a modern pair of earrings that looked good on her. She's learing.

Charlene disappointed yesterday at the Swedish Royal wedding in terms of her jewellery or lack thereof.

There was no tiara and no royal order/sash. She could have just passed off as a regular guest. Oh well, one day we may see a tiara.

My top 3 is Tatiana, Sofia and Victoria.

I also liked the mother of the groom and the sister of Daniel.

My top 5 were:

1. Victoria
2. Mary
3. Sophie
4. Mette-Marit
5. Louise Gottlieb / Sofia Hellqvist

I loved Madeleines dress obviously she looked stunning, one of the most gorgeous royal brides ever. And I completely fell in love with Chris - he had me in years when he first looked at her.

However Charlene disappointed me so much by not wearing may jewellery or a tiara - you are a Princess!!!

Overall one of the most stylish royal weddings recently

For me, the best dressed guests at the wedding ceremony were Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Tatiana, I thought their dresses were very elegant. At the pre-wedding dinner, the best dressed royal lady for me was Queen Silvia. The colour of her dress was amazing!

I really liked princess mette marits dress with out the cape ,
Really loved princess victorias dresses both of them, wasnt too keen on princess marys or princess charlen.....rather dull

The Scandinavian Royals Message Board: Bad style?

Any idea who these 2 ladies are? Their cups certainly runneth over at yesterdays wedding.

The first is Caroline Olsson, who was called a "jetset-queen" in Swedish newspapers. The second is Mia Parnevik, the wife of professional golfer Jesper Parnevik. The Parneviks are good friends of Chris and Madeleine, Mia works at World Childhood Foundation.

They look yuck. She may work for a Foundation, but she needs some of her own.

:lol:good spot.
What an ugly way to dress especially in a church.
I noticed in some other galleries two other women showing proudly all their legs,you could almost see their underwear.One was in a red dress ,the other in a white one.Unfortunatly I can't find the link.

Here is another article with the name of some guests.Sorry,It's in spanish
Los invitados a una boda de cuento de hadas

In my opinion, those 2 women (not ladies) were the height of tackiness and should not have been let into the church until they were appropriately covered. I found it absolutely disrespectful of the faith that was being observed during a religious ceremony. If it were a civil ceremony, or if they were just going to the reception/banquet, etc., it would have been a different story.

In my opinion, those 2 women (not ladies) were the height of tackiness and should not have been let into the church until they were appropriately covered. I found it absolutely disrespectful of the faith that was being observed during a religious ceremony. If it were a civil ceremony, or if they were just going to the reception/banquet, etc., it would have been a different story.

They were absolutely attired correctly if they were to be the entertainment for the bachelor party methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom