Long or Short Hair?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shorter hair makes the CP of Norway look younger. I like how she wears it. It looks good.

Queen Rania

medium length hair
http://update.unu.edu/images/queen_rania.jpg

long hair
http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2007/01/27/20070126210507.jpeg
http://www.president.gov.ua/done_img/gib/4065.jpg

Rania looks just perfect with lng hair! I'd love to know how she'd look like with a short hairdo... but on the other hand: If I were her, I'd never cut that amazing long hair! ;)
Another photo of Rania with short hair.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/625413-1.jpg

She's had long hair for some time now so I think a shorter cut would be a nice change.

I am not fond of short layered hair on Rania. I would like to see her hair nice and short with very little layers to give it some definition. Yes, shorter hair would be a nice change.

Short hair for everyone. Anyone over 30 with long hair give the impression of being older. Shorter hair, shoulder length is very flattering to all of them. Shiny well groomed mosturised hair is such an asset to anyone's face. Longer hair bring all the features down. Even Lalla Salma with those rich red tresses will look much lovelier in a year or two with an updo. ( I would not cut her hair for anything in the world)

Inthe fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, there were great short hairstyles for royals, stars and "commoners" alike. I'm thinking of Princess Margaret, Princess/Queen Elizabeth, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor, Ava Gardner, and later, Princess Caroline and Princess Diana. Then, the really attractive short or medium-length hairstyles seemed to disappear and, with some exceptions, we tend to prefer our royals, young or older in longer hair. What happened ?
Also, I think royals don't exploit the chignon option, except perhaps Princess Mathilde, who, as I once posted, seems to have reinvented it in its modern, upbeat (no pun itended) version, as much as they could.

Last edited:
Longer hair has been fashionable throughout the world since the late 1990s. It was expected that women would wear their hair short once they hit their 20s. However, that is no longer the rule. A person needs to have just the right bone structure to pull off short hairstyles. Otherwise, longer hair is usually more flattering (IMO). I have had both short and long hair, and I look terrible with short hair. I'm in my thirties, and I couldn't imagine anything shorter than shoulder-length. This seems to be the case with many of the royals. I do believe that Queen Margarethe of Denmark needs to do something with her hair. I'm not sure what, but her hairstyle does not look very chic (IMO).

I agree about Margrethe, but I drew a blank when it came to what as well.
Beatrix has had the "same" hair for years to, but it suits her quite well.

I think I have already said that I generally prefer long hair, but some people suit having it short: Diana, Mathilde
I prefered Letizia's long, and its quite all right by me if MM just grows her hair out then cuts it back to current length on a continuous cycle, but I'd rather not see it this short permanantly.
Mary's I quite like to see changing, she's had several distinct styles i really liked them.
Letizia's I prefer long, Rania's classic long too I think.

I prefer these royals with long hair:
-Mary
-Rania
-Letizia
-Mette-Marit
-Marie Cavallier
-Alexia
-Theodora
-Marie-Chantal
-Madeleine
-Olga
-Charlotte Casiraghi
-Carolina
Better with short hair:
-Anna-Maria
-Q.Sofia
-Camilla
-Q.Elisabeth (and generally older ladies) :flowers:

I just made 2 general categories:long and short hair.But you're right,Mary is beautiful and she can only look beautiful no matter how long her hair is :flowers:

thanks Her_Majesty for this nice collection of princess letizia's pictures. imo, she looks beautiful in all her hair lengths...i do agree with you that the short hair made her look older, but again it suits her...i think that making a change is needed sometimes,at least, to ones own satisfaction :)...and do you know whether the pictures you posted of p. letizia, with a short hair, were taken before or after her nose operation?

Thanks for the collection,Her Majesty :flowers: I wasn't sure about Maxima yesterday,so I didn't mention her at all.Now,judging by these photos,I would say shorter hair with bangs make her look very sweet.

Mette-Marit

the bob growing longer
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2005/0001403.jpg

I really like this hairdo on Mette-Marit.

For Maxima I would go for the longer hair, on Letizia the medium long hair with bangs and Mary the (medium) long hair.

But when its styled, I think all hairdos look nice

Oh how I wish that Princess Anne would cut her hair. I'd love to see a shorter and softer style with a few interesting hi-lights. I don't think she's worn it short since she was in her teens -that's way over due for a change.

I'd like to see Charlotte with a pixie cut,she has such a face and would pull it off so well!

Frankly, I like Mette-Marit's medium long hair. In my mind, this kind of length is the most acceptable for her.

Well you may think it weird, but I think that for the most part Maxima only suits a fringe while she is pregnant.

I think that Mary's hair is best when it is styled - I dont particularly mind the length but looking at HM's pics above (the last 2, the longer hair ones) where it is not so styled (more just nicely cut) I just dont think it flatters her as much.

Letizia's short bob was far too harsh for my taste with her face structure.

I'd like to see Charlotte with a pixie cut,she has such a face and would pull it off so well!
I can't image Charlotte in pixie cut, oh no:ohmy:. She looks great in long hair although I think she could care about her hair more.

Rania looks wonderful in long hair, she looks very classy in all long hair styles I've seen her.
Letizia and Mary look better in long hair. Mette-Marit and Martha-Louisa in short hair. MM can also look good in medium hair as long as she has neat styling.
Maxima seems to look nice in long and shorter hair. Those bangs that she had with shorter hair allow to imagine how she would look like with short hair, I think that really short hair would look good for her too.

In general terms ,I prefer long hair and medium hair,it is better to try different hairstyles:flowers:

Letizia-Definitely long hair.I love her long hairs!
Mary-Both of them!
Mette-Marit-Short hair is good!
Ari Behn-He looks wonderful with long hair!
Sonja-Short hair is good!
Maxima-Both of them!
Martha-Louise-Both of them!

Princess Mary = Both Long and short hair suit. I prefer her short bob.
Princess Letizia = Long hair.
Princess Martha-Louise = Long Hair.
Princess Mette-Marit = Long Hair.
x

Is it allowed to ask a silly question? Would a short-cut hairstyle not suit better Princess Anne?

What do you think, in general, of upswept hairstyles? I am not sure, if they make a woman look older??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom