Fur on Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I appreciate not everyone is going to approve of Royals wearing fur but there are many of us who adore the traditional elegance of real fur on our beloved Royal ladies. But I don't understand why people feel the need to bombard this thread with anti fur propaganda.
You won't change our minds... Fur is in vogue and it looks wonderful on our Royals!

servingsophie said:
I appreciate not everyone is going to approve of Royals wearing fur but there are many of us who adore the traditional elegance of real fur on our beloved Royal ladies. But I don't understand why people feel the need to bombard this thread with anti fur propaganda.
You won't change our minds... Fur is in vogue and it looks wonderful on our Royals!

I'm not trying to stop you wearing or admiring fur!
I just don't appreciate untrue comments and ideas being perpetrated in this thread in defence of your beliefs.

And, for the record, I haven't started posting anything here, I'm only responding to false statements.

I will only post here when I think false comments concerning animal rights are said.

Last edited:
Layla1971 said:
I'm not trying to stop you wearing or admiring fur!
I just don't appreciate untrue comments and ideas being perpetrated in this thread in defence of your beliefs.

And, for the record, I haven't started posting anything here, I'm only responding to false statements.

I will only post here when I think false comments concerning animal rights are said.

I think we shld just respect each others view and get back to the topic here which is simply enjoying pictures of royals wearing fur!

Personally, i think if a person doesn't agree with this fur business, then don't view this thread!

Eliza said:
I think we shld just respect each others view and get back to the topic here which is simply enjoying pictures of royals wearing fur!

Personally, i think if a person doesn't agree with this fur business, then don't view this thread!

Okay, okay! I'm sorry for annoying anyone, and all of you can admire, wear, and comment on fur as much as you want to.

ALL of you can have this thread, I'm never going to post here again, regardless of what is said here.
I'll say my piece in my own thread, that is why I started it after all.:)

Out of respect for the perspective and meaning of this thread, I will remove all of my animal rights posts here.

Last edited:
Oh my, the royal ladies all look so good in fur. I am so going to buy myself a mink coat! Princess Michael looks absolutely regal and imperial! She should be the next Tsarina of Russia

I can't help but wonder how many dead animals made up each 'fashion' outfit! :bang:

Gorgeous photos :wub:

Mary's fur in particular was just scrumptious.

Love seeing it, love wearing it, love owning it.

Fabulous furs on show in Norway. There's just nothing like it and Queen Silvia's coat - just wow. You certainly don't get that lush look from faux fur.

I personally wouldn't wear fur, but those coats do look warm.

Real fur is incredibly warm. But John Lewis's sell massive faux fur pelts for about £80 a shot which make perfectly good bedspreads so faux can be as warm as real. As long as it's sewn to silk and not that awful scratchy lining they tend to use with faux.

Skydragon said:
I can't help but wonder how many dead animals made up each 'fashion' outfit! :bang:

I agree totally with you, this isn't fair.
Royals must be more simple.

The human species is a predator and I have no problem with that. I wear leather and eat meat and wear fur.

Actually most people probably eat larger quantities of some animals than I wear with fur. Popcorn shrimp is a favorite and you can eat 20-30 at one sitting. If you like quail which are small birds and you eat them quite often, its quite easy to eat more quail in one winter than the number of fur pelts in a coat.

I guess if the royals are okay with killing a bear or a baby seal for the sake a of a coat then I shouldn't care. I personally don't eat meat so it's only natural I don't wear fur either. I just think with having a reputation and persona to live up to, that royal heads of state shouldn't get too extravagant with things like fur coats.

Last edited:
I love a fur coat - but somehow, it just doesn't go with the fashion stakes in sunny tropical Singapore!!!

But like in the Scandanavian countries in winter, fur is needed imo, it just gets to cold. Royals do lead by example, but at the end you have a choice to wear what you want imo. I think fur is beautiful & yes i know it cruiel, but i think sometimes we need it, sad? I know

Didn't MC wear fur at WA wedding to Maxima and was booed on the streets as she was entering the church???

I like when royals are wearing furs unless they are from an dangered species. Me personally would only use fake furs.

Why is it that people find it perfectly acceptable to wear leather, and wax lyrical about beautiful boots and shoes, but object to fur?

I haven't had the time to read the whole thread, but here goes:
I am very much against the wearing of real fur - the thought sickens me. I have a full-length racoon coat - beautiful thing - but I cannot bear to wear it. I bought it many years ago before I had the sense to become anti-fur. It now just sits in the closet. And I have become almost vegan also - only eat chicken, turkey and fish.
I now have many accessory pieces - scarves, hats, etc - made of faux fur and they look amazing. Now days, faux fur has so improved and looks so real.
That is the way to go!

IMO there is no excuse for wearing fur. You can be beautiful dressing your own skin and not at the expense of other living creatures, because it's common knowledge that it takes more than one mink to make a coat.

Oh Lilla that was a very informative post regarding the story behind the seal coats. I have seen a lot of royals wearing fur coats but I do not recall seeing Mary in one. Does Mary own a fur coat? Not that it matters, I am just curious.
I love the luxury of a good fur!!!!!! oops:rolleyes::ohmy:

Oh Lilla that was a very informative post regarding the story behind the seal coats. I have seen a lot of royals wearing fur coats but I do not recall seeing Mary in one. Does Mary own a fur coat? Not that it matters, I am just curious.
I love the luxury of a good fur!!!!!! oops:rolleyes::ohmy:
I believe Mary was given a fur as a wedding gift.

fur, diamonds and pearls...a few of life's splendid luxuries...that and champagne, of course...:D

fur, diamonds and pearls...a few of life's splendid luxuries...that and champagne, of course...:D

Chocolates and Louboutins, massages and exotic fruits.........Oh!! I want to be a princess!!!!!!!:bang:

Oh you don't have to be a Princess, Odette. Believe you me...;)

But if I were I would be given lavish gifts. In real life I have to burn the AMEX statement as soon as I pay it since I do not want any reminders!!!:whistling:

I think CP Mary buying fur vest for her baby is not a big deal.:whistling: Of course if it is real fur vest. 'common, she is a person with money, it doesn't matter whether own or taxpayers now, so if she can afford outfit for say $700 why not. Regular folks like we may afford buying fake fur vast for say $30, but if we had money to buy something for couple hundred dollars, wouldn't we? I would.;)

Back
Top Bottom