The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-02-2005, 04:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by servingsophie
I've been doing a little research and found these furry nice pics of our Royal ladies!
You have done well servingsophie, thanks for those pictures most of it I've never seen before.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Beatrix has worn a fur coat once again, i think this is a new one and it suits her well, how awfull it may sounds for some of you.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=208581

November, 2nd, Statevisit Of Russia

Old 11-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Serene Highness

Mette-Marit in fur
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=87547
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=89457
Old 11-03-2005, 06:09 AM
Serene Highness

Don Jaime de Marichalar

photo from Hola, taken in Paris in March 2005.

Lady Helen Taylor

(Pic from Hola)
Old 11-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Serene Highness

I would rather see fur on the animal that a person!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Nobility

I love Queen Beatrix in her new fur coat and Mette Marit looks fabulous in fur.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
Don Jaime de Marichalar photo from Hola, taken in Paris in March 2005.
It is just me or that fur really looks weird on him
Old 11-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

it is not just you, I think he looks like a fop wearing a mink scarf, do not understand what elena sees in him. He is as far as I can see the the total opposite of her father whom I admire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
It is just me or that fur really looks weird on him
Old 11-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Infanta Elena has a fur too.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
Infanta Elena has a fur too.
I've seen her in a full length black and brown. I have also seen her wear several things with fur trim.

Where her husband is concerned, I think that men just look weird wearing fur, period.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness

I love fur trimmed coats and have three myself.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Commoner

Only the older women seem to be able to pull of the full furs well. To me it just looks odd to see younger women (I guess by younger I would mean mid forties or younger) to wear full furs.

Fur trim looks nice and I have a little fur collared coat. It used to be that fur was necessary for warmth (long ago) then it became a status symbol. OK, they're royalty, isn't that enough status? And of course we all know they can afford them anyways. In my opinion it is a personal preference. I would never wear a full fur because it seems vulgar but would also never criticize someone who did wear one. That's just me. ; )
Old 11-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

As long as we shear sheep in order to have wool - they don't need to be sheared for their own comfort - and we kill young healthy animals, fish and fowl in order to eat meat, fish and poultry - neither of which is necessary for a healthy diet - (not to speak of milking cows long after the calfs are done feeding )we should perhaps not single out wearing fur as something inherently objectionable.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I noticed that the Danish royal ladies, except for Mary and possibly Alexandra, were wearing fur for the memorial concert in honor of Queen Ingrid, today.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I noticed that the Danish royal ladies, except for Mary and possibly Alexandra, were wearing fur for the memorial concert in honor of Queen Ingrid, today.
The Danish royal ladies wear fur. Alexandra also wears fur as does Mary.

Of course, Queen Margrethe wears a great deal of fur.

Here are some recent pics of Her Majesty from Polfoto wearing fur. You can also see in the first picture that Queen Sonja is wearing a fur trim.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

For now, alexandra has 2 fur coats?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Nobility

That is such an elegant fur coat Alexandra is wearing! So regal and stylish!
Old 11-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Majesty

although they all look great and extremely impressive in those, i wish they didn't wear them. lots of animals had their skins "rip off" alive (some people are not aware of this, but it's actually true, they rip off the animals' skin to take the fur without any damages as if they kill them before - which is as well awful, to kill an animal just for the fur - the fur looses quality). i think it's sincerely terrible: furs were those kind of things people thousands of years before christ used to cover themselves from the cold, but now, that we have all kind of synthetic fabrics that are sometimes warmer, i think it can be avoided. it's barbaric and doesn't show all the time it took to the human being and evolution to arrive to the modern world we know nowadays.

enough, let's get back on topic. i just had to say it. :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Gentry

Furry Business!

I have a fur and I wear it. I spent a lot of money on it and I love it and will have it forever. You only need one. I'm not Kimora Lee Simmons with her 500 $12K Hermes bags and 100+ furs. I think excessive fur buying is no different than excessive animal activism - EXCESSIVE.

I think that we have the right to adore and abhor the things we want, but it drives me crazy when people become so dogmatic about it. I am not that into JLo, but when McCartney's wife went there with her PETA duds and made a huge hullaballoo, it was too excessive. If you want to make a statement, don't buy fur. I mean - when you hit furriers in the wallets, that's when you make a difference. Money's what it boils down to.

Even though we have synthetics, don't forget they are mainly produced overseas in sweatshops with little regulation. Also, it always struck me funny that no animal rights activist has ever attacked silk production. The worm gets boiled alive - and more disgusting is that in the Indian silk industry, little kids no more than 6 or 7 are burning themselves dipping the worms in the scalding water and going blind from the lye. There are a lot of tragedies out there like 3rd world pharmaceutical testing, white slave trading, war, famine, disease - fur seems quite inconsequential on the scale of things.