The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Royal Highness

I'll put Maxima first and then Mary. Both wore elegant outfits, but I prefer Maxima's red over Mary's taupe.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:12 AM
Royal Highness

I choose Mary's outfit.She looked gorgeous,the best start for a Princess

Old 02-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Claire - very proper but even on the engagement day, Laurent can't muster a smile
Try another photo?
www.jamd.com/image/g/1694379
Old 02-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Victoria's engagement dress

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/12813237.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/12813314.jpg

Old 02-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this dress! The shape and color are perfect for Victoria's figure and complexion. I have never seen her look happier.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

I think Victoria's engagement dress is gonna be my favourite from now on (until something better comes up ).I liked it so much,definitely more than Mary's
Old 02-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Gentry

lalla salma:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kqj5J-SW3k...ariage+(3).jpg

lalla+salma_mariage+(11).jpg (image)
Old 02-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i love the colour of Victoria's dress it was perfect for her and now one of my favourite engagement outfits - she was postively glowing today

Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the cut and color. The big smile on her face definitely completed the outfit.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Well I still like the suit Alexandra wore (Prince Joachim), perhaps it was her absulate utter joy that came thru..............
Old 02-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

I would have to say it is a tie between Mary and Victoria. I still think Mary looked lovely on her engagement announcement day but the gorgeous color and cut of Victoria's dress is lovely. Following closely behind them in my opinion is Maxima. I love the color she wore and she is so beautiful.

Mathilde had the worst. I can't believe after wearing that she would become one of my favorite princesses as far as style.

Letizia looked nice but it looked like something she would have worn on air while reporting the news.

Mette-Marit was okay. A little drab considering her personality. I don't think her outfit reflected her at all. It appears to me that someone not knowing her very well helped her with the outfit choice. But I can see why the ultra-conservative look was chosen based on her past. I'm sure the royal family wanted to be sure she was seen as serious.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
Mette-Marit was okay. A little drab considering her personality. I don't think her outfit reflected her at all. [...] But I can see why the ultra-conservative look was chosen based on her past. I'm sure the royal family wanted to be sure she was seen as serious.
Actually that's what I think, too.

Btw, for the official engagement photo MM wore a different dress:
http://www.nettyroyal.nl/images/haakonmette.jpg

Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

For me it's definately a choice between Maxima Mary and Victoria! Maxima looked stunning and colourful. Mary looks good in more tonal shades such as beiges, browns and taupes with a slight pattern and Victoria looks good in block colours with a simple design. Victoria's enagement outfit was stunning for its simplicity and with the diamond broach.

It seems that if you want to look regal and royal, a plain dress with a broach does the trick (at least for the ladies!).
Old 02-28-2009, 04:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Actually that's what I think, too.

Btw, for the official engagement photo MM wore a different dress:
http://www.nettyroyal.nl/images/haakonmette.jpg
MM wore that dress to the engagement celebration/party.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 AM
Nobility

-after the engagement of princess victoria , my favorite was the dress of princess Maxima ,simple ;elegent and the brooch give the dress a princely look !
but , know my favorite is absolutly CP Victoria dress ; (i adore the bleu) she was stunning with this simple dress ; nice choice !
Old 02-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
With the exception of Mary and Maxima, all of the others look like thay got up from their desks in the middle of a busy day and rushed from their office to the Palace for the announcment!
I am in absolute agreement. Surprisingly I don't actually think that was the look they were going for.
Quote:
Best of all: Queen Elizabeth - taking in the times - the dress, coat, hair, pearls ... perfection
I chose Mary and Elizabeth for the same reason you stated.

However, Queen Margrethe and Maxima looked so happy and radiated such joy that it totally eclipsed everyother consideration.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Aristocracy

Crown Princess Victoria looked every inch the princess during the interview with the press. I hope she follows a similar regal vein with her wedding gown!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Well I still like the suit Alexandra wore (Prince Joachim), perhaps it was her absulate utter joy that came thru..............
I have to say that, although she was so happy then, both the red and pink suits (and her hair) was horrible - and a bit too short. I did like that she wore red though, as that is what Chinese ladies traditionally wear on their engagement day. I don't mid her outfit for the official photo, although I'm not wild about, I just like the colour:
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/p1.jpg

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Courtier

Definitely Mary's one, I love that warm beige outfit, and that sofisticated detail of double chocolate brown belt.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

there's not many dresses that i don't particularly like. perhaps we just need to take into account that times change and perhaps a dress which was great some years ago now looks aged and out of fashion.

i'd say letizia, mary, victoria and maxima did very well. i loved letizia's suit, great choice IMO, very clean and simple. it had so many imitations in spain. everyone was in love with the "letizia neckline". maxima's dress was so classic and well-made. you can tell it was made to suit HER and just her for such a big day. same applies to victoria, lovely colour and clean and simple. mary's dress and coat were both perfect, including her valentino shoes.

princess elizabeth looked great. even with so much time in between she still looks so stylish!

i'm not sure who was the responsible for the make up of salma bennani. she looks like she was taken out of a geisha film.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all