Fashion Suggestions for the Princess of Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marchesa? I like their gowns and a lot of women wear them. IMO, Kate is not sophisticated enough to pull them off.

Marchesa? I like their gowns and a lot of women wear them. IMO, Kate is not sophisticated enough to pull them off.
Hi KittyAtlanta, you know, sometimes I think that you say something (a) to see the reaction from the other members or (b) to pull their feet!!:ermm: I honestly believe that Kate is a really sophisticated lady and was brought up that way from her younger days!! She had her bad days but for most part she has what is takes and uses it well!! She is natural but sophisticated and throw in the bit that she is also classy. She is doing a good job!!!

Kate is a woman that in later pregnancy could appear out somewhere in a muumuu and there'd be a rush of women all over the world sporting muumuus pregnant or not.

I do think though that Kate is a very elegant and well dressed woman.

Pants.

P.S. That's a joke, don't flip out. ;)

Maybe it's silly, but remember how earlier in her marriage, Kate dressed in theme for her visits a bit? The military McQueen to her first military engagement, the sailor dress to Prince Edward Island to see the Anne of Green Gables stuff? Well I kind of hope she does that for her Harry Potter engagement. Nothing too overt- maybe wearing Gryffidor colors or a fun accessory. I'm a huge nerd for stuff like that.

Maybe it's silly, but remember how earlier in her marriage, Kate dressed in theme for her visits a bit? The military McQueen to her first military engagement, the sailor dress to Prince Edward Island to see the Anne of Green Gables stuff? Well I kind of hope she does that for her Harry Potter engagement. Nothing too overt- maybe wearing Gryffidor colors or a fun accessory. I'm a huge nerd for stuff like that.

Mmm... Wonder what house she would go for.. :D

Jenny Packham Fall 2013
Dress - Great color for the Duchess and a great flow to it. This also comes in a cream color which I would also suggest.
Top - Great top but with a nicer bottom skirt in chiffon.
Skirt suit - An evening skirt suit which is very dressy.
Red - I would love to see this look on her. Again hair pulled up this would be an eye catching look.

Matthew Williamson Fall 2013
Dress - A lovely shade of mustard which could be worn all seasons. Matched with a simple belt to add a final touch or accessorized really well this would be a nice look.

Matthew Williamson Pre Fall 2013
Evening dress - Lovely shades and a nice print. I would suggest hair is pulled all up.

Erdem Pre Fall 2013
Green coat - Great for all seasons. Would also be easy to match with a skirt and a top or even a dress. This could be matched with a hat.

Jane Taylor hats

Black hat - a very mall cute hat in black. I think this is a fun hat and wearable.
Cream hat - Great if Kate wants to go neutral. Easy to match with an outfit.
Hat with net - Pretty color and I do like the net and flowers on it.
Hat - Great hat with lovely detailing. It's also a color that she can always wear.

I could actually see quite a few of the taller princesses wearing these two gems.

the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - The most beautiful dress I've ever seen #2
the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - The most beautiful dress I've ever seen #2

They're both breathtaking. I would kill for the green dress.
The dresses and colour combinations are amazing. Both pieces would look lovely on Duchess of Cambridge. However, a lady must have a willow figure to emphasise etherealness of the dress.
Del Pozo is Spanish. I am sure there are some good choice for Crown Princess Letizia.

Last edited:
Hobbs Spring & Fall 2013

Red fascinator - Nice for a wedding or any event.
Printed dress - This dress is lovely and I think the colors are great. Kate would look great in this. She could wear it alone or match it up with this jacket for a wedding or any cold day.
Jacket - Lovely light tweed jacket, great color and wearable for any season. Can be easily matched with pants, skirt or a dress. It can also be worn as a suit with its matching skirt.
Dress - Would be lovely to see Kate in such a deep color and such a style. She has the height to pull it off.
Casual dress - Nice for a summery day.
Printed dress - Great print and great colors. Kate could dress this up with the right hair do and accessories or wear it to any day event. Easily matched with a jacket or coat.
Red dress - The detailing on the one was it is nice.
Lime dress - Lovely dress for the season, could dress it up with a jacket and a belt or dress it down.
Dress - I really like the two color combination. This is ideal for any season. Kate would look as she does pull off these two colors well.
White skirt and matching jacket - A lovely and wearable suit.
Two tone dress - This is a very nice fitting dress which Kate has the body for. The two tones are interesting. Could be matched with a black jacket.
Printed dress
Black and white dress - Lovely with a headpiece or hat.
Dress - Elegant and wearable. Would be nice with hair pulled all up.
Dress - Lovely for any season, the print and colors are soft. I would just add a skinny/medium belt.

L.K Bennett

Black heels - Lovely with almost anything.
Black and gold heels - Lovely with the right outfit.
Black and dotted dress - Lovely dress for any event matched with a sweater. This could also be worn with a cardigan.

Jenny Packham Pre Fall 2013

Short blue dress - Lovely dress cut, style and color for Kate for the upcoming season. An undo would look great for the embellishments to stand out.
Fully embellishment dress
Dresses - These two dress would look great on her. The red is lovely for an evening event.
Dress - Elegant for an evening event. I wouldn't mind changing the color though.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on what you might like to see Catherine wear on the christening? Personally, I would love if Catherine recycled the pink Emilia Wickstead dress she wore to the sovereigns lunch and then to a garden party last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I would love to see a pastel-coloured dress,a soft blue or creamy pink would be lovely for a christening. I am sure Catherine will chose something beautiful, but I do not expect her to re-use a dress we have already seen at an official event. Princess Diana has chosen a pink dress with a floral print for William´s christening, maybe we will see a reference to that style just like the Duchess of Cambridge has chosen a lovely blue dress with some similarities to Diana´s dress when she got out of the hospital with her new-born son.

Princess Diana has chosen a pink dress with a floral print for William´s christening, maybe we will see a reference to that style just like the Duchess of Cambridge has chosen a lovely blue dress with some similarities to Diana´s dress when she got out of the hospital with her new-born son.

Whilst we will never know for sure, I am not at all convinced that Catherine's choice of blue polka-dotted dress whilst leaving hospital with Prince George was a nod to Diana in any way.

Whilst we will never know for sure, I am not at all convinced that Catherine's choice of blue polka-dotted dress whilst leaving hospital with Prince George was a nod to Diana in any way.

We could only know if we asked Catherine personally or if she had talked about her inspiration & ideas for that dress in an interview, but I had the impression the dress was a reference to Diana´s blue polka-dotted dress, just a more modern version of it! I do not want Catherine to become a copy of Diana, but I like the fact that she has some "connections" to her like the sapphire engagement ring. It is a way of keeping the memory alive and also a little bit of family tradition, just like some women like to wear their mother´s wedding dress for their own wedding. Also, many families have special baby clothes for christening that are handed down and used for a long time, to me it is a nice tradition because it creates a sense of continuity and connection to the family history.

We could only know if we asked Catherine personally or if she had talked about her inspiration & ideas for that dress in an interview, but I had the impression the dress was a reference to Diana´s blue polka-dotted dress, just a more modern version of it! I do not want Catherine to become a copy of Diana, but I like the fact that she has some "connections" to her like the sapphire engagement ring. It is a way of keeping the memory alive and also a little bit of family tradition, just like some women like to wear their mother´s wedding dress for their own wedding. Also, many families have special baby clothes for christening that are handed down and used for a long time, to me it is a nice tradition because it creates a sense of continuity and connection to the family history.

I am all for tradition and referencing history, but if Catherine was actually signalling a tribute to Diana with her sartorial choices, she might have chosen a slightly different wedding gown!

Thanks god she did not do that ;-) Catherine has a very different sense of fashion & style, she lives in a different era than the late PoW and it is good that she does not try to imitate or change her style to please anyone.
The tradition to wear mother´s wedding dress is a little bit out of fashion recently because nowadays most women have their own ideas and like to chose their own personal style. The generation of my grandmother was not used to buying their own wedding dress, it was common practice to use a family piece.
While today the wedding dresses are usually not re-used anymore, I know a lot of families where the wedding veil and some jewels are still handed down from one generation to the next. Some traditions are good and worth keeping, some are not so good-everyone has to find out what works best for their own life :)

Last edited:
Jenny Packham Resort 2014

Green chiffon dress - Lovely style of dress and quite simple. I would suggest closing the front so its not too revealing. The Duchess would look nice in this with hair pulled up and with long pair of earrings. This is also available in a coral colour which would also looked amazing!
Knot dress - Elegant style and with her slender body she would pull this off nicely. The embellishments like a necklace add a lot to the dress.
Green beaded dress - Lovely colour, embroidery on lace or tulle and the cut is flattering. Hair all up and simple jewellery to complete the look.

Erdem Resort 2014

Jacket and dress - The jacket is wearable with a simple skirt or over a dress. The dress is wearable with a plain jacket or even a coat or even alone for a cocktail.

Collette Dinnigan Resort 2014

Yellow dress - Lovely shade of yellow and a great fit. Would be an ideal choice for her for her Australian tour next year.
Lace evening dress - Simple fit and the belt is lovely. I don't mind if hair is open but all pulled back.

Last edited:
Temperley London Spring 2014
Black dress - Lovely black dress, elegant for a dinner.
Long skirt - Lovely print and great color. Would be great matched with a plain black top.

Missoni Spring 2014
Cardigan - Lovely spring colors and the duchess would look great in this matched with a plain dress underneath and wedges. This could be worn for a casual or formal event depending how you dress it up.

Matthew Williamson Spring 2014
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Imagedress - Lovely young color which would look lovely on Catherine. She has a figure to pull of the one shoulder off.
Printed dress - Lovely summer dress worn with a white jacket or its matching coat
White coat - Ideal for any event and could be dressed up with a brooch and a hat.
White lace dress - Simple yet elegant, great with a boxy jacket or worn to a cocktail with hair all pulled up and some lovely earrings.
Yellow lace skirt - Lovely for the season and can be worn with a plain shirt matched with a coat or jacket.

Lover
Lace dress - Lovely lace color but in a different style. Kate looks great in lace and this is a color we don't always see in lace.

MaxMara Spring 2014
Coat - Lovely and elegant coat for Kate, she would look great with this worn with or without a hat.

Alexander McQueen Spring 2014
Jacket - Trendy jacket for Kate. Could be worn with a black pencil skirt or with ankle length pants.
Evening dress - Lovely strapless dress which would look lovely on Kate. The gold embellishments make this very dressy.
Cardigan/jacket - This would be perfect to nay daytime event worn with a skirt or pants.
Blue evening dress - With her slim figure, she would look lovely in this. Not only is the style great but also the vibrant shade of blue. Great with hair open or up and chandelier earrings. A necklace wouldn't hurt.
Black short dress - The simplicity and clean lines of this dress would work for Kate. The embellishments on the sleeves are quite cute.

Jenny Packham Spring 2014
Long dress - Great style and great dress for Kate, I would just remove the extra fabric frill around the neck. Hair pulled up in a soft do and earrings would complete this look.
Blush dress - Great style and a lovely color.
Dress - Elegant dress but would sure need a full length lining. Hair open and pulled back or all up, this is a winner dress for Kate.
Daytime dress - Ever so soft dress with lace, ideal for a daytime event which is outdoors IMO. A ponytail and wedges would complete the look.
Dress - I have seen this dress in full length and it is lovely. I would love to see this on her.

Collette Dinnigan Spring 2014
Blue dress - Lovely shade of blue and a great length for a lace dress. Kate would look quite young and fresh in this.
Dress - Eyelet dress great for a casual or official event paired with pumps.
Lace black dress - Great for a reception or cocktail event. She could dress this up by hair up or pulled back and diamond earrings.
Cocktail dress - White is a great color on Kate, this would look nice on her and the embellishments on the front make it very dressy. Bracelets and earrings would look great.
Dress - Lovely for the season. Simple and wearable.

Jenny Packham Fall 2014
Red dress - A lovely strong shade for Kate. I would suggest closing the slit a bit and lessing the extra fabric on the shoulders.
Short dress - Great color and style, this is perfect for any evening event.
Long dress - Interesting color for Autumn for the Duchess. The simplicity works well for her.
Skirt and top - Lovely overall outfit and the embellishment colors are quite fun and young. I would close the slits on the sleeves.
Black dress
Black dress - Beyond elegant. She would need a simple hair do and long earrings to finish off the look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom