gold leaf earnings
rope necklace
brown coat with fur trimming

Old 11-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Evening wear, i find it very letizia probably becasue its similar to what she wore to the CP of denmarks dinner before the wedding.

Photo

Old 11-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Outfit - would be great without the coat
Black dress - it'll be elegent if it was a floor length dress
Coat dress
A great evening dress, i would love to see her in this - photo
Dress - love the sleeves
Old 11-07-2006, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I find this thread qiet amusing because it's a kind of foreists's wishe for the Letizia's wardrobe even though we know that - for the moment and contrary at the Infantas - the princess of Asturias want to dress her only in Spain with spanish designers and spanish materials for tissues.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
I find this thread qiet amusing because it's a kind of foreists's wishe for the Letizia's wardrobe even though we know that - for the moment and contrary at the Infantas - the princess of Asturias want to dress her only in Spain with spanish designers and spanish materials for tissues.
Most of her designers are spanish which is a good thing in my opinion, she is encourging them, but also sometimes she does tend to use international designers such as Armani and Boss
Old 11-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Bottega veneta suit
bottega veneta pant suit
bottega veneta jacket dress, really cute
narciso rodriguez coat
donna karen red coat
matthew williamson i think this is great maternity wear(thouht it isnt) you can hide your growing belly under the jacket nicely.
G.Armani like the skirt, jacket is abit old
G.Armani a great suit
Old 11-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Commoner

the most important advice....please Letizia...dont wear too close your outfits
Old 11-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

st.john sport like how the jacket is abit shorter than the top
tadashi dress
kay unger new york - great dress
Vera wang - great neckline
diane von furstenburg
dkny
earings from kc designs
Old 11-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Most of her designers are spanish which is a good thing in my opinion, she is encourging them, but also sometimes she does tend to use international designers such as Armani and Boss
Your are totally right and I like very much some of your choice.

But as you know, remenber the reaction of Letizia's detractors when she wore the Armani's outfit for the "petition de mano"!

In fact it's very curious because the Queen can wear foreigner designers as Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, Dior and the Infantas also as we know very much for Elena but for Cristina too, and the Princess of Asturias can't do it whithout critics

What are your thaughs about that?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Gentry

Great choices again, dazzling!! You have really good taste choosing clothes for Letizia. I wouldn't know which one to choose of all of them.

I think I have read before in this forum, that Letizia mainly wears Felipe Varela designs for her public appariences. Also other designers as Adolfo Domiguez and Lorenzo Caprile for her gala wear. But in private she does tend to wear other designers like dazzling has said, like Armani and Hugo Boss.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

a few spring choices for her pregnancy

top 1 could look nice with a jacket, cardigan or a coat

classic shirts
shirt 1 i like how th ebuttons go down the side, looks different
shirt 2
shirt 3 i just love this
shirt 4 i like the knot in the front
red & white

fashion/printed tops/shirts
printed shirt

dresses
black dress with white details - dress
black dress with white print, like the ribbon - dress
floral wrap dress - dress

sweater
Old 01-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabelita
the most important advice....please Letizia...dont wear too close your outfits
What does it mean???
Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

jacket with velvet ribbon - picture for a more official look
purple dress
print dress - thought this was a nice dress because of the two different prints
stripe blouse
embroiderd blouse
Old 01-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:

But as you know, remenber the reaction of Letizia's detractors when she wore the Armani's outfit for the "petition de mano"!
I didnt know about that.

Quote:
In fact it's very curious because the Queen can wear foreigner designers as Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, Dior and the Infantas also as we know very much for Elena but for Cristina too, and the Princess of Asturias can't do it whithout critics

What are your thaughs about that?
I think she got that reaction becuase her announcment/first official announcment of the engagment she was dressed in an Armani suit. I think if she obtained a spanish designer outfit she would not be critisized these days of what she wears.

IMO, i think she can go for any designer just like the queen and the infanta's. They can critizes as much as they want, theyll have to stop one day or realise that others can pull it off and its just fair she does the same.
sometimes people who comment dont have anything to talk about so they pick on certain things
Old 01-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
IMO, i think she can go for any designer just like the queen and the infanta's. They can critizes as much as they want, theyll have to stop one day or realise that others can pull it off and its just fair she does the same.
sometimes people who comment dont have anything to talk about so they pick on certain things
Exactly and if people want to see more 'variety' in Letizia's wardrobe, the use of different designers will help
Old 01-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I didnt know about that.

I think she got that reaction becuase her announcment/first official announcment of the engagment she was dressed in an Armani suit. I think if she obtained a spanish designer outfit she would not be critisized these days of what she wears.

dazzling

If I remember correctly (and please correct me if I am mistaken), Infanta Cristina wore an Armani suit on her engagement day as well but did not come under heavy fire, as Letizia did.

I wish she could wear clothes from non-Spanish designers as well but I doubt if that is possible right now. She is the whipping boy for Penafiel and his ilk. I think it would just provide fodder for them. I can just imagine the headlines: "Letizia spends money on Chanel, etc. Does not do her job of promoting Spanish designers! Etc. Etc." It cannot be easy to face such vitriol on a daily basis.

Having said that, I would like to see her in non-Varela clothes once in a while. Both you, Larzen and other posters have highlighted quite a few Spanish designers with great designs.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena T
dazzling

If I remember correctly (and please correct me if I am mistaken), Infanta Cristina wore an Armani suit on her engagement day as well but did not come under heavy fire, as Letizia did. .
I dont know about that, sorry cant help out im not very much into the spanish family and dont have much info on them.

[quote=Lena T]I wish she could wear clothes from non-Spanish designers as well but I doubt if that is possible right now. She is the whipping boy for Penafiel and his ilk. I think it would just provide fodder for them. I can just imagine the headlines: "Letizia spends money on Chanel, etc. Does not do her job of promoting Spanish designers! Etc. Etc." It cannot be easy to face such vitriol on a daily basis.
quote]

Talking about that, i dont think the spansih designers she chooses to dress from are that much cheaper than prada, max mara armani. i think the whole think is to comment on her outfits when they really know its not a big deal. As i know the infantas dress in much expensive dresses as C.Lacroix couture, chanel suits. Since Letizia is a higher figure and future queen i think she should be strong enough and wear some of those designer outfits. till when can you stick to a certain group of designers??!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
ITalking about that, i dont think the spansih designers she chooses to dress from are that much cheaper than prada, max mara armani. i think the whole think is to comment on her outfits when they really know its not a big deal. As i know the infantas dress in much expensive dresses as C.Lacroix couture, chanel suits. Since Letizia is a higher figure and future queen i think she should be strong enough and wear some of those designer outfits. till when can you stick to a certain group of designers??!
Lorenzo Caprile's clothes are about the same price as Prada or Armani, but Letizia rarely used his clothes. I don't even remember when was the last time Letizia bought a Caprile's dress. The other designers often used by Letizia such as Felipe Varela or Adolfo Dominguez are a lot cheaper than Prada or Armani.
Since neither Felipe or Letizia receives money directly from the Spanish government, all the budget is distributed by the King, so even if Letizia has a higher figure than the Infantas, it doesn't necessarily mean she receives more money per appearance on clothes than the Infantas, we just don't know how the King distributes the money. I won't be surprised if the father favors his own daughters a little bit.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
Lorenzo Caprile's clothes are about the same price as Prada or Armani, but Letizia rarely used his clothes. I don't even remember when was the last time Letizia bought a Caprile's dress. The other designers often used by Letizia such as Felipe Varela or Adolfo Dominguez are a lot cheaper than Prada or Armani.
Since neither Felipe or Letizia receives money directly from the Spanish government, all the budget is distributed by the King, so even if Letizia has a higher figure than the Infantas, it doesn't necessarily mean she receives more money per appearance on clothes than the Infantas, we just don't know how the King distributes the money. I won't be surprised if the father favors his own daughters a little bit.
thanks for clarifying this anyways whether she recieves more or not, i personally think she can do a bit better. There are some cheap cloths out there that dont look cheap. Ive posted a few earlier.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Lorenzo Caprile was the designer of the two wonderfull dresses Letizia wore for the Danish wedding, the red gown and and also the red skirt with the flowered top. For me the were both UNIQUE I've never saw Letizia sooo magnificent.
I think that the light silver gown she wore on her wedding eve, in the Pardo Palace was also by Caprile.
Caprile did also the green ball gawn, wore by Letizia last year,
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zzf279wx.jpg, posted by SocalGirl also to the forum Favourite outfits worn by Letizia
and also the black and white skirt with the white shirt, wore 2 years ago when they visited the States and wore again in ther beginning of her second pregnancy.
http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?i...50714515uo.jpg (Thanks to RhapsodyBrat, from Favourite outfits worn by Letizia )
She does not buy very very often from him, but she does not wear ballgowns every day. Does Caprile make also "pret a porter" ?

Quote:
so even if Letizia has a higher figure than the Infantas, it doesn't necessarily mean she receives more money per appearance on clothes than the Infantas, we just don't know how the King distributes the money. I won't be surprised if the father favors his own daughters a little bit.
Infanta Elena's husband works for LVMH group, the huge french group Louis Vuitton, Dior, etc, etc. So she may receiving many gifts fropm them, or preferential low prices, or she may can wear a ballgown just once and give it back, who knows??

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizia fashion suggestion