The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Family is old but the kingdom is not even 50 years old. It was a republic and it is different from the kingdom it used to be. It was one of the oldest until the civil war.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with 'Saturn' - she should keep away from the designer who created a great wedding gown without ever thinking of the bride who had to wear it because IMHO, it was a beautiful dress but totally WRONG for her!
Apart from that... CP Letizia has strong features in a most interesting 'character' face, and sometimes her choice of clothing is just too severe, business-like and subdued. There's no fun in her style.
It has been said before, but to me she never looked better than at the Danish wedding, her dress being a little adventurous, her hairstyle right out of some late 1920's fashion magazine, plus some mischevious sparkle in her eyes. We have never seen anything like it again, but I wish we will in the future...

Old 01-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Courtier

i think that Letizia as a princess is well dressed and elegant in most of her pieces of clothing, I don't think she needs to dress THAT fashionable everytime. She is a crown princess, and the engagement she did last year with Prince Felipe are mostly business related or formal meetings, so I think suits and pants would suit that occasions. I think that she wants people to know that she's known for her hard work not the clothes she wear!
Besides, she did not go visit the fashion shows and stuff, she's in formal occasions, so i don't think dressing like a model would suit a princess that works hard almost everyday since the first day of her marriage!
Old 01-26-2006, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
The Family is old but the kingdom is not even 50 years old. It was a republic and it is different from the kingdom it used to be. It was one of the oldest until the civil war.
I believe that you are a bit confused with the history of Spain. Spain has been two times Republic, after the reign of Isabel II and after the reign of Alfonso XIII; in both cases they were brief periods. When one sent Alfonso XIII to the exile, the Republic came, later the Civil war and 40 years of dictatorship of Franco. After Franco's death there was restored the democratic regime and the parliamentary Monarchy.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Forget her, I want all of these gowns FOR ME!!! I think Leti would looke nice in the 2nd or 4th one.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I like her in gowns and skirts but I would tell her: please, please burn those white pants!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy

ZZZ you have a great eye for clothes, that would be the perfect wordrobe for me if i could afford it. But it would be nice to see Letizia in any of them, I think she has a wonderful figure and those pieces would look great on her.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordana2
ZZZ you have a great eye for clothes, that would be the perfect wordrobe for me if i could afford it. But it would be nice to see Letizia in any of them, I think she has a wonderful figure and those pieces would look great on her.
Thanks Jordana2, yes they are beautful pieces, i think she needs similar stuff since she IMO is a bit boring, and i think also her suits are very buisness type, though its okay, but i think as a royal need somthing more color, bit more movemnt. Also think she needs to add accesories to her fashion, like belts, scarfs and even brooches
Old 10-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
If you could be Letizia Ortiz fashion adviser what would you advice them to were at a

For a royal wedding - that is an event that requires a hat

For some official duties like a state visit or attend a award.

It will be fun to see what you come up with.

Please post pictures

has my humble opinion, I think that Letizia does not need really council vestimentary or of look.....she is always so beautiful, so elegant, all fall right, the tailors the colors, the shoes, the always discrete jewels.....Every thing is assembled always perfectly and it is sublime of day like evening, she has always beautiful hair, capped always well...... Opposite to other princesses which would need some really, which has much difficulty with their look, in spite of the spend millions (I think of my opinion of most serious of them, lalla Salma of Morocco)....
Old 10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Gentry

I love the idea of this thread, and I have seen wonderful suggestions for Princess Letizia, but I haven't seen any Spanish designers, forgive me if I'm wrong. So considering she tends to use Spanish designers I would like to post some photographs from some designs from the Pasarela Cibeles Autumn/Winter 06-07

These designs are from Vitorio and Luchino, I know the names sound Italian but they are well known Spanish designers.

The photographs come from Fashion from Spain website

I think the coat (pic 1), the suit (pic 6) and the short dresses (pics 7 y 8) are great. The dresses would look nice on her now that she is pregnant at least at the begining. The other dresses would look different from the kind of dresses she uses for formal events, without being to wild or daring, still sober.
The tops and skirts I have choosen them, because she has been wearing lately skirts of that length, and they are a bit different of the type she uses, still stylish without being to formal or sober. Or at least that is my opinion

These are other models I thought would look very well on her. They are from Angel Schlesser, yes I know the name does not sound Spanish but I assure you he's a Spanish designer and very well known.

I think Princess Mette-Marit has some items from this designer, but I'm not sure. I think I read about that in the thread about Mette-Marit's designers, Larzen was talking about it, she was giving actually the link to the Fashion from Spain website where these photographs come from.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga7777
These are other models I thought would look very well on her. They are from Angel Schlesser, yes I know the name does not sound Spanish but I assure you he's a Spanish designer and very well known.

I think Princess Mette-Marit has some items from this designer, but I'm not sure. I think I read about that in the thread about Mette-Marit's designers, Larzen was talking about it, she was giving actually the link to the Fashion from Spain website where these photographs come from.
It has a reason. Angel Schlesser is a friend of Rosario Nadal ( She came to his last parade in Cibeles), friend of Mette Marit. The Infanta Elena also has come at some time to his parades, and the Princess of Asturias has a summer skirt designed by him. The Princess also has taken some designs of Miguel Palacio, Miriam Ocariz, Lidya Delgado, and in her free time of Ailanto.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Gentry

Again I have choosen a nice tailored suit, this time a skirt suit, the type she used a couple of years ago, not so often, recently apart from her solo act in the opening of the school in Madrid. Of the late she seems to have been matching some pieces. And several dresses that would surely suit her during the pregnancy at least for some months. They are kinda empire line so the belly fits nicely.

But this is just my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
It has a reason. Angel Schlesser is a friend of Rosario Nadal ( She came to his last parade in Cibeles), friend of Mette Marit. The Infanta Elena also has come at some time to his parades, and the Princess of Asturias has a summer skirt designed by him. The Princess also has taken some designs of Miguel Palacio, Miriam Ocariz, Lidya Delgado, and in her free time of Ailanto.

Thanks lula.

I knew about Miguel Palacio, Miriam Ocariz and Lydia Delgado, but not about Angel Schlesser.

I just felt inspired about what ZZZ have been doing during the weekend and I want to add some Spanish flavour to the thread, as I hadn't seen any Spanish designers in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
I am surprised that knowing so much about her style and so on, you didn't seem to have posted anything with Spanish designers and perhaps her wearing them

Old 10-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Thanks lula.

I knew about Miguel Palacio, Miriam Ocariz and Lydia Delgado, but not about Angel Schlesser.

I just felt inspired about what ZZZ have been doing during the weekend and I want to add some Spanish flavour to the thread, as I hadn't seen any Spanish designers in here.
Ive wanted to post some designs ffrom varioues Spanish designers, but didnt know what site to go to, since the site i know who does have pictures of different designers is closed for the meantime. But what you have posted is quit nice. Especially the skirt suits, very elegent
Old 10-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Aristocracy

pictures from fashionfromspain.com - thankx to olga7777 for the site

1-Victorio & Lucchino s/s07, 2-Roberto Torretta f/w06 (with a black cardigan or jacket), 3-Roberto Torretta s/s07

Old 10-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ
Ive wanted to post some designs ffrom varioues Spanish designers, but didnt know what site to go to, since the site i know who does have pictures of different designers is closed for the meantime. But what you have posted is quit nice. Especially the skirt suits, very elegent
ZZZ I have included in my post with the photographs the link of the website where I got the photographs, it is blue not purple as the writing and underline, it might be confussing with the writing. I loved so much the clothes you have posted that I wanted to include some pics myself.

Definitely I love the Donna Karan suits you included in some of the previous post they look great and the kind of suit she might be wearing, very tasteful but modern and stylish

I hope you can find more clothes in the link there are several collections there

Very summery your last choices and by then she will not be pregnant, so a bit loose will be good at the begining. Excellent choices ZZZ
Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I love the idea of this thread, and I have seen wonderful suggestions for Princess Letizia, but I haven't seen any Spanish designers, forgive me if I'm wrong. So considering she tends to use Spanish designers I would like to post some photographs from some designs from the Pasarela Cibeles Autumn/Winter 06-07

These designs are from Vitorio and Luchino, I know the names sound Italian but they are well known Spanish designers.

The photographs come from Fashion from Spain website
great choices there, olga7777! photos number 1, 2 and 7 would be a great variation from the suits she usually wears (which can be boring sometimes). solid colours, not too loud, but the style makes it both professional-looking and chic at the same time (can be flamboyant too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ
great for when pregnant VALENTINO s/s 2002 COUTURE
another great choice there! i'd love to see Princess Letizia wearing this to a dinner or a daytime event.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Oscar de la Renta resort collection 2007. ithink dresses like the ones below would suit her not only that, it would be something new then fitted dresses.i like them because they have some volume to them which she can carry on very well

source style.com
Old 10-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

1 & 2 Tempreley spring 2004 style.com
3 & 4 Narciso Rodriguez spring 2006 style.com(#4 would look nice with a white cardigan or maybe a jacket with th ebuttons left open with hair in a pony tail)
5 tuleh spring2006 style.com
6 & 7 Valentino couture spring2001 style.com

Old 10-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

1 & 2 Valentino couture fall2001 style.com
3 Balmain couture spring2002 style.com

Valentino ready to wear spring 2007 style.com

Valentino ready to wear spring 2006 style.com

Old 11-02-2006, 12:30 PM