Fashion Suggestions for Queen Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
magnik said:
Realy elegant !
I think that even Mary would look so nice on them as Letizia.
Very true, ive posted two or three pictures on Marys thread as on Letizia's. Letizia is shorter than Mary, so i dont think big prints would suit her as well as it would on Mary

Dazzling great choices. :flowers: The maternity wear was very very well chosen. I not so sure about the Missoni ones. But that is a question of personal taste. The rest of the choices are great and different to what she usually wears, she would surely look great on any of them,:flowers: You have got her a whole new wardrobe without the walking from shop to shop ;) She should hire any of the people making suggestions in this thread as a stylist :flowers:

olga7777 said:
Dazzling great choices. :flowers: The maternity wear was very very well chosen. I not so sure about the Missoni ones. But that is a question of personal taste. The rest of the choices are great and different to what she usually wears, she would surely look great on any of them,:flowers: You have got her a whole new wardrobe without the walking from shop to shop ;) She should hire any of the people making suggestions in this thread as a stylist :flowers:

Thanks olga, id love a job of a stylist:ROFLMAO:

As I have realised that the thumbnails from a previous post, seemed to have problems I post here the links to the previous photos I posted in post 110
The designers are Vittorio and Luchino, and the photos are from Fashion from Spain,

Two long dresses 1 and 2

Three short dresses 1 2 3

A top and a skirt

this beautiful coat,
and this beautiful trousser suit I thought this trousser suit would look great not only on her, but on anyone :flowers:

olga7777 said:
As I have realised that the thumbnails from a previous post, seemed to have problems I post here the links to the previous photos I posted in post 110
The designers are Vittorio and Luchino, and the photos are from Fashion from Spain,

Two long dresses 1 and 2

Three short dresses 1 2 3

A top and a skirt

this beautiful coat,
and this beautiful trousser suit I thought this trousser suit would look great not only on her, but on anyone :flowers:

The suit is very pretty, great color too.

From the message 112 these are the links
Four short dresses, anyone of each could be used now that she is pregnant, and in my opinion they are great anyway :flowers:
1 2 3 4

This is a long dress I think she can use while she is pregnant, and it's very beautiful.

And finally a Skirt suit like the ones she seems to have favoured lately instead of the trousser suit she used to wear. I personally think it is very beutiful, and looks very professional :flowers:

Thank you so much dazzling :flowers:

When I saw the suit I thought it looked gorgeous, :wub: and she would surely look very beautiful on it. :flowers:
I have also seen your suits and I thought the colours made them very, very beautiful, the red one in particular:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more choices this time Javier Larrainzar, a designer she has used before.

These three short dresses should still fit her during the pregnancy,
1, 2, 3
Also found these two ensembles of skirt and top would still suit her during the pregnancy and they are not so summery as the previous choices: 1, 2

I thought this trouser suit was different from the ones you see, but it still sufficiently elegant and formal for her. And deffinitely this is a gorgeous coat for an evening outing. Perhaps along with this black dress.

And finally these three long dress, that in my opinion look great: 1, 2, and 3. I'm quite sure that these dresses should fit her during most of her pregnancy, even though I must admit they are a bit summery. ;) :flowers:

dazzling said:
Long sleeve black dress
Blue wrap dress
Like them both very much becasue they have a spanish touch to them

this could be a pregnancy dress by getting a bigger size:)
another great outfit but would look best with the belt

Great choices again Dazzling, :flowers: I like best the long sleeve black dress and the one that could be a maternity dress. Without being pregnant you would also look great on it. Very beautiful :flowers:

Evening wear, i find it very letizia probably becasue its similar to what she wore to the CP of denmarks dinner before the wedding.

Photo

I find this thread qiet amusing because it's a kind of foreists's wishe for the Letizia's wardrobe even though we know that - for the moment and contrary at the Infantas - the princess of Asturias want to dress her only in Spain with spanish designers and spanish materials for tissues.

adelaide said:
I find this thread qiet amusing because it's a kind of foreists's wishe for the Letizia's wardrobe even though we know that - for the moment and contrary at the Infantas - the princess of Asturias want to dress her only in Spain with spanish designers and spanish materials for tissues.

Most of her designers are spanish which is a good thing in my opinion, she is encourging them, but also sometimes she does tend to use international designers such as Armani and Boss

the most important advice....please Letizia...dont wear too close your outfits

dazzling said:
Most of her designers are spanish which is a good thing in my opinion, she is encourging them, but also sometimes she does tend to use international designers such as Armani and Boss

Your are totally right and I like very much some of your choice.

But as you know, remenber the reaction of Letizia's detractors when she wore the Armani's outfit for the "petition de mano"!

In fact it's very curious because the Queen can wear foreigner designers as Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, Dior and the Infantas also as we know very much for Elena but for Cristina too, and the Princess of Asturias can't do it whithout critics

What are your thaughs about that?

Great choices again, dazzling!! :flowers: You have really good taste choosing clothes for Letizia. :flowers: I wouldn't know which one to choose of all of them. :flowers:

I think I have read before in this forum, that Letizia mainly wears Felipe Varela designs for her public appariences. Also other designers as Adolfo Domiguez and Lorenzo Caprile for her gala wear. But in private she does tend to wear other designers like dazzling has said, like Armani and Hugo Boss.:flowers:

a few spring choices for her pregnancy

top 1 could look nice with a jacket, cardigan or a coat

classic shirts
shirt 1 i like how th ebuttons go down the side, looks different
shirt 2
shirt 3 i just love this
shirt 4 i like the knot in the front
red & white

fashion/printed tops/shirts
printed shirt

dresses
black dress with white details - dress
black dress with white print, like the ribbon - dress
floral wrap dress - dress

sweater

Last edited:
adelaide said:
But as you know, remenber the reaction of Letizia's detractors when she wore the Armani's outfit for the "petition de mano"!

I didnt know about that.

adelaide said:
In fact it's very curious because the Queen can wear foreigner designers as Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, Dior and the Infantas also as we know very much for Elena but for Cristina too, and the Princess of Asturias can't do it whithout critics

What are your thaughs about that?

I think she got that reaction becuase her announcment/first official announcment of the engagment she was dressed in an Armani suit. I think if she obtained a spanish designer outfit she would not be critisized these days of what she wears.

IMO, i think she can go for any designer just like the queen and the infanta's. They can critizes as much as they want, theyll have to stop one day or realise that others can pull it off and its just fair she does the same.
sometimes people who comment dont have anything to talk about so they pick on certain things

dazzling said:
IMO, i think she can go for any designer just like the queen and the infanta's. They can critizes as much as they want, theyll have to stop one day or realise that others can pull it off and its just fair she does the same.
sometimes people who comment dont have anything to talk about so they pick on certain things

Exactly and if people want to see more 'variety' in Letizia's wardrobe, the use of different designers will help ;)

dazzling said:
I didnt know about that.

I think she got that reaction becuase her announcment/first official announcment of the engagment she was dressed in an Armani suit. I think if she obtained a spanish designer outfit she would not be critisized these days of what she wears.

dazzling

If I remember correctly (and please correct me if I am mistaken), Infanta Cristina wore an Armani suit on her engagement day as well but did not come under heavy fire, as Letizia did.

I wish she could wear clothes from non-Spanish designers as well but I doubt if that is possible right now. She is the whipping boy for Penafiel and his ilk. I think it would just provide fodder for them. I can just imagine the headlines: "Letizia spends money on Chanel, etc. Does not do her job of promoting Spanish designers! Etc. Etc." It cannot be easy to face such vitriol on a daily basis.

Having said that, I would like to see her in non-Varela clothes once in a while. Both you, Larzen and other posters have highlighted quite a few Spanish designers with great designs.

Lena T said:
dazzling

If I remember correctly (and please correct me if I am mistaken), Infanta Cristina wore an Armani suit on her engagement day as well but did not come under heavy fire, as Letizia did. .

I dont know about that, sorry cant help out:) im not very much into the spanish family and dont have much info on them.

Lena T said:
I wish she could wear clothes from non-Spanish designers as well but I doubt if that is possible right now. She is the whipping boy for Penafiel and his ilk. I think it would just provide fodder for them. I can just imagine the headlines: "Letizia spends money on Chanel, etc. Does not do her job of promoting Spanish designers! Etc. Etc." It cannot be easy to face such vitriol on a daily basis.
quote]

Talking about that, i dont think the spansih designers she chooses to dress from are that much cheaper than prada, max mara armani. i think the whole think is to comment on her outfits when they really know its not a big deal. As i know the infantas dress in much expensive dresses as C.Lacroix couture, chanel suits. Since Letizia is a higher figure and future queen i think she should be strong enough and wear some of those designer outfits. till when can you stick to a certain group of designers??!

dazzling said:
ITalking about that, i dont think the spansih designers she chooses to dress from are that much cheaper than prada, max mara armani. i think the whole think is to comment on her outfits when they really know its not a big deal. As i know the infantas dress in much expensive dresses as C.Lacroix couture, chanel suits. Since Letizia is a higher figure and future queen i think she should be strong enough and wear some of those designer outfits. till when can you stick to a certain group of designers??!

Lorenzo Caprile's clothes are about the same price as Prada or Armani, but Letizia rarely used his clothes. I don't even remember when was the last time Letizia bought a Caprile's dress. The other designers often used by Letizia such as Felipe Varela or Adolfo Dominguez are a lot cheaper than Prada or Armani.
Since neither Felipe or Letizia receives money directly from the Spanish government, all the budget is distributed by the King, so even if Letizia has a higher figure than the Infantas, it doesn't necessarily mean she receives more money per appearance on clothes than the Infantas, we just don't know how the King distributes the money. I won't be surprised if the father favors his own daughters a little bit.

donnaK said:
Lorenzo Caprile's clothes are about the same price as Prada or Armani, but Letizia rarely used his clothes. I don't even remember when was the last time Letizia bought a Caprile's dress. The other designers often used by Letizia such as Felipe Varela or Adolfo Dominguez are a lot cheaper than Prada or Armani.
Since neither Felipe or Letizia receives money directly from the Spanish government, all the budget is distributed by the King, so even if Letizia has a higher figure than the Infantas, it doesn't necessarily mean she receives more money per appearance on clothes than the Infantas, we just don't know how the King distributes the money. I won't be surprised if the father favors his own daughters a little bit.

thanks for clarifying this :flowers: anyways whether she recieves more or not, i personally think she can do a bit better. There are some cheap cloths out there that dont look cheap. Ive posted a few earlier.

donnaK said:

Lorenzo Caprile was the designer of the two wonderfull dresses Letizia wore for the Danish wedding, the red gown and and also the red skirt with the flowered top. For me the were both UNIQUE I've never saw Letizia sooo magnificent.
I think that the light silver gown she wore on her wedding eve, in the Pardo Palace was also by Caprile.
Caprile did also the green ball gawn, wore by Letizia last year,
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zzf279wx.jpg, posted by SocalGirl also to the forum Favourite outfits worn by Letizia
and also the black and white skirt with the white shirt, wore 2 years ago when they visited the States and wore again in ther beginning of her second pregnancy.
http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?i...50714515uo.jpg (Thanks to RhapsodyBrat, from Favourite outfits worn by Letizia )
She does not buy very very often from him, but she does not wear ballgowns every day. Does Caprile make also "pret a porter" ?

donnaK said:
so even if Letizia has a higher figure than the Infantas, it doesn't necessarily mean she receives more money per appearance on clothes than the Infantas, we just don't know how the King distributes the money. I won't be surprised if the father favors his own daughters a little bit.

Infanta Elena's husband works for LVMH group, the huge french group Louis Vuitton, Dior, etc, etc. So she may receiving many gifts fropm them, or preferential low prices, or she may can wear a ballgown just once and give it back, who knows??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom