The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Fashion Suggestions Charlene, Princess of Monaco

Since her introduction to royal life as the companion and now fiancee of Prince Albert of Monaco, Charlene Wittstock has frequently been accused of trying to be like "Princess Grace."

I personally think she as a tall blonde, the Grace comparisons are inevitable, but I do think she needs to find a style that may be like Grace (I mean, she is a tall blonde after all) but is very much Charlene.

So, what do you fashion gurus have as suggestions for a style that Charlene can make her own. If you would like to discuss her current style and what she has worn on recent engagements, please do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-27183-11.html

Please let's keep the Charlene will never be Grace bashing out of here.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Dior top - Love this print & the color, ideal for summer with a pair of white or navy pants for a casual or official event.
St.John tweed jacket - Great jacket, I love the length of it. Charlene would look good in such colors also ideal for any official event she has to carry out or attend. Easily matched with pants, skirt or a summer dress.
Armani Collezioni white suit - Very elegant & very pretty suit especially if worn with a hat or headpiece. I like how the button is to the side of the jacket.
Akris dress - Great dress for a casual event or even a sports event, looks very light & could be matched with anything.
Chanel suit - A nice classic piece which can be matched with a colored or floral top underneath. I love the cut which I think she can pull of with her height.
Elie Saab couture spring 2011 evening dress - A lovely dress which is all about the cut, not fond of the color but would look great in a different color, the lace adds a nice finishing to the dress.
Alberta Ferretti spring 2011 dress - Lovely cut & color for the season, Charlene could wow in this especially with her height, just needs the right hair-do & jewels.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Serene Highness

seeing that she has a boyish shape..she should wear clothing that hightlight her waist, no shoulder pads , no halter tops, stick with soft pastels, browns and heimlines that come to her mid-calves. no high heel shoes, just stick with kitten heels, low wedge heels and some flats. a line skirts and dresses wide belts and crew neck lines....thats all i can think of for rt now..oh yeah large strips or pokadots prints

Dior top -good choice and nice color
St.John tweed jacket -nice jacket and will do wonders for her shape
Armani Collezioni white suit-love it but i would like it to be a different color maybe light blue, rose or even a rose plaid
Akris dress -its nice but to young and to short
Chanel suit -to young and not a good choice for her,imo
Elie Saab couture spring 2011 evening dress-very nice and very lady like nothing else is needed the neck line is pretty and soft and her hair could be put in a ponytail but one to the side or maybe even a little bun but pinned to the side
i cant bring up the last pic....u know maybe i could do this for a living but i dont even dress myself so nice...sloppy is so nice
Old 07-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't have any photos on what she would wear but,I would love to see her in bold colors.She usually wears neutral.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Courtier

IMO she should look at Wallis Simpsons style. Both have a harsh presence and Wallis looked alwas fantasic in her clothes, whích made her more soft.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/harp...e-94381401.jpg

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo...jmo0o1_400.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MYMyw3IbgF...0/DUCHESS2.jpg

http://janehalldesign.com/blog/wp-co...-Windsors1.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...co5Xu/340x.jpg

Charlene should also cover her shoulders, it looks 1. ladylike and 2. more appropriate for a Princess

Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

She should wear what her, her husband, and those around her see fit and appropriate.
As for Wallis, I have only recently realized that she really was a fine dresser, when I think of her I always see that kind of ugly wedding dress.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
seeing that she has a boyish shape..she should wear clothing that hightlight her waist, no shoulder pads , no halter tops, stick with soft pastels, browns and heimlines that come to her mid-calves. no high heel shoes, just stick with kitten heels, low wedge heels and some flats. a line skirts and dresses wide belts and crew neck lines....thats all i can think of for rt now..oh yeah large strips or pokadots prints

Dior top -good choice and nice color
St.John tweed jacket -nice jacket and will do wonders for her shape
Armani Collezioni white suit-love it but i would like it to be a different color maybe light blue, rose or even a rose plaid
Akris dress -its nice but to young and to short
Chanel suit -to young and not a good choice for her,imo
Elie Saab couture spring 2011 evening dress-very nice and very lady like nothing else is needed the neck line is pretty and soft and her hair could be put in a ponytail but one to the side or maybe even a little bun but pinned to the side
i cant bring up the last pic....u know maybe i could do this for a living but i dont even dress myself so nice...sloppy is so nice
My pick for Charlene would be the Armani suit.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Giorgio Armani Spring 2011

Skirt & jacket - Lovely spring/summer outfit. I do like the colors for Charlene and the tie belt is a nice finishing to the look. This would also be a nice look with a hat.
One shoulder top & printed skirt - As Charlene loves to show her shoulders and arms, this is a way she can do it without emphasizing her shoulders. This is a great look for a dinner or an evening event.
Strapless evening dress - I quite think this would look nice on her, especially the color and the cut, she does have the height of pulling it off.
Strapless gown - I really like this one as well for Charlene, I would add a wrap/shawl over her shoulders but the cut is really pretty and quite simple. The right hair do and jewelry would make this a really nice evening look.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Ooh I do love the silver jade and ice blue strapless evening gowns. Gorgeous. Charlene has a way of really "pulling off" this type of gown because of the classically elegant way she usually wears her hair. Simple diamond or pearl drop earings would be a complimentary assessory.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

The last gown would make a lovely early maternity evening gown, AND it would be fab-u-lous with the Ocean, either as necklace or tiara. I hope she buys this one!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Nobility

I could see that working.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Serene Highness

here are some outfits that would look good on her

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/...NMT3T9B_ai.jpg business attire
http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/...NMT3T9B_mx.jpg pair of gold button earrings

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/...NM-46VW_mx.jpg afternoon tea with small pearl drop earrings

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/...NM-4CUT_mx.jpg another tea style suite/blue or silver drop earring..but they have to be small

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/...NMT6AH6_mx.jpg but i like this in a tan color
Old 05-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

The pink one is a bit mumsy
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Everything looks good on her. These models don't hold a candle to her.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

i could see her in this
http://richmedia.channeladvisor.com/...me=pdlg488x600

shoes to match the jade color dress and imo the shoes should be a bronze color with bronze knot earrings and a cuff bracelet
Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Armani Privé FALL 2013 COUTURE

Suit - Simple, elegant suit. The jacket length is a length she can pull off with her slim and tall figure. I don't care for the color, any color in this would do.
Suit - Love the cut of the jacket, its different and this would suit her. Would make a lovely outfit when matched with a hat IMO.
Dress - Elegant for an evening event with just earrings.
Dress - Another black dress. I think black would look good on her and the small cap sleeves are nice.
Dress - Lovely! I think she would look stunning in this with her diamond star band.
Lace ruffled dress - The color is tricky but I won't mind this on her if she gets the make up and hair right. The layers of lace is quite pretty and with her height, there would be great effect.
Dress - This dress would be lovely in any color. Its simple yet quite elegant. I would change the top part a bit so its not so revealing.

Elie Saab FALL 2013 COUTURE

Short dress - Great cut which Charlene can pull off but I would suggest another color. I find this too strong for her to pull off.
Green dress - Lovely one shoulder dress. Great with oversized earrings.
Jumpsuit - Not that I like royals in jumpsuits but this is a lovely jumpsuit which she could look good in if she decides to get one.

Akris RESORT 2014

Coat - Lovely bright blue yet strong colored coat. Lovely to add such a color to her wardrobe. This is a very wearable coat.
Sweater and scarf - Great to be worn together or separately.

Giorgio Armani RESORT 2014

Suit - Lovely suit for any event. The detailing on the jacket makes it a bit different.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Courtier

ANYTHING but '50 shades of beige'...
Old 01-14-2014, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Ralph Lauren Pre Fall 2014

Skirt & top - Lovely color and a lovely style. The detailing on the skirt adds a lot to the overall of the look which is still kept simple. It's a very Charlene look IMO.
Dress - Lovely dress and a lovely style but I would like it in a different color like a deep purple or emerald green.
Dress - Great style dress which she can pull off. The detailing is lovely and elegant. This is also a nice shade of grey which isn't too pale.

Akris Pre Fall 2014

Red dress - Charlene would look great in this red dress. Its figure flattering IMO and the fabric is quite elegant for an evening/cocktail/award event.
Jacket/cardigan - Lovely for any event. It's cut is elegant and wearable with anything.
Printed dress - Matched with a jacket or coat for the daytime and worn alone for an evening event, this is a great dress, soft shade of white and black.
Outfit - Lovely elegant outfit for any daytime event.
Printed dress - A lovely cut which Charlene can pull off without disappointing. The color and print isn't overwhelming. I'd just remove the neck wrap.

Tags
charlene, charlene wittstock, fashion, princess charlene, princess of monaco