Fashion Suggestions Charlene, Princess of Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Since her introduction to royal life as the companion and now fiancee of Prince Albert of Monaco, Charlene Wittstock has frequently been accused of trying to be like "Princess Grace."

I personally think she as a tall blonde, the Grace comparisons are inevitable, but I do think she needs to find a style that may be like Grace (I mean, she is a tall blonde after all) but is very much Charlene.

So, what do you fashion gurus have as suggestions for a style that Charlene can make her own. If you would like to discuss her current style and what she has worn on recent engagements, please do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...n-and-style-part-2-march-2010-a-27183-11.html

Please let's keep the Charlene will never be Grace bashing out of here.

Last edited:
Dior top - Love this print & the color, ideal for summer with a pair of white or navy pants for a casual or official event.
St.John tweed jacket - Great jacket, I love the length of it. Charlene would look good in such colors also ideal for any official event she has to carry out or attend. Easily matched with pants, skirt or a summer dress.
Armani Collezioni white suit - Very elegant & very pretty suit especially if worn with a hat or headpiece. I like how the button is to the side of the jacket.
Akris dress - Great dress for a casual event or even a sports event, looks very light & could be matched with anything.
Chanel suit - A nice classic piece which can be matched with a colored or floral top underneath. I love the cut which I think she can pull of with her height.
Elie Saab couture spring 2011 evening dress - A lovely dress which is all about the cut, not fond of the color but would look great in a different color, the lace adds a nice finishing to the dress.
Alberta Ferretti spring 2011 dress - Lovely cut & color for the season, Charlene could wow in this especially with her height, just needs the right hair-do & jewels.

seeing that she has a boyish shape..she should wear clothing that hightlight her waist, no shoulder pads , no halter tops, stick with soft pastels, browns and heimlines that come to her mid-calves. no high heel shoes, just stick with kitten heels, low wedge heels and some flats. a line skirts and dresses wide belts and crew neck lines....thats all i can think of for rt now..oh yeah large strips or pokadots prints

Dior top -good choice and nice color
St.John tweed jacket -nice jacket and will do wonders for her shape
Armani Collezioni white suit-love it but i would like it to be a different color maybe light blue, rose or even a rose plaid
Akris dress -its nice but to young and to short
Chanel suit -to young and not a good choice for her,imo
Elie Saab couture spring 2011 evening dress-very nice and very lady like nothing else is needed the neck line is pretty and soft and her hair could be put in a ponytail but one to the side or maybe even a little bun but pinned to the side
i cant bring up the last pic....u know maybe i could do this for a living but i dont even dress myself so nice...sloppy is so nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have any photos on what she would wear but,I would love to see her in bold colors.She usually wears neutral.

IMO she should look at Wallis Simpsons style. Both have a harsh presence and Wallis looked alwas fantasic in her clothes, whích made her more soft.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/harpersbazaar/images/hbz-duke-duchess-windsor-1941-de-94381401.jpg

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loa5luB1841qzjmo0o1_400.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MYMyw3IbgFw/TaMbZ2VLGfI/AAAAAAAAFbI/BwBHAyVqZLs/s640/DUCHESS2.jpg

http://janehalldesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/The-Windsors1.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/077N50Cgco5Xu/340x.jpg

Charlene should also cover her shoulders, it looks 1. ladylike and 2. more appropriate for a Princess

:flowers:

She should wear what her, her husband, and those around her see fit and appropriate.
As for Wallis, I have only recently realized that she really was a fine dresser, when I think of her I always see that kind of ugly wedding dress.

seeing that she has a boyish shape..she should wear clothing that hightlight her waist, no shoulder pads , no halter tops, stick with soft pastels, browns and heimlines that come to her mid-calves. no high heel shoes, just stick with kitten heels, low wedge heels and some flats. a line skirts and dresses wide belts and crew neck lines....thats all i can think of for rt now..oh yeah large strips or pokadots prints

Dior top -good choice and nice color
St.John tweed jacket -nice jacket and will do wonders for her shape
Armani Collezioni white suit-love it but i would like it to be a different color maybe light blue, rose or even a rose plaid
Akris dress -its nice but to young and to short
Chanel suit -to young and not a good choice for her,imo
Elie Saab couture spring 2011 evening dress-very nice and very lady like nothing else is needed the neck line is pretty and soft and her hair could be put in a ponytail but one to the side or maybe even a little bun but pinned to the side
i cant bring up the last pic....u know maybe i could do this for a living but i dont even dress myself so nice...sloppy is so nice
My pick for Charlene would be the Armani suit.

Giorgio Armani Spring 2011

Skirt & jacket - Lovely spring/summer outfit. I do like the colors for Charlene and the tie belt is a nice finishing to the look. This would also be a nice look with a hat.
One shoulder top & printed skirt - As Charlene loves to show her shoulders and arms, this is a way she can do it without emphasizing her shoulders. This is a great look for a dinner or an evening event.
Strapless evening dress - I quite think this would look nice on her, especially the color and the cut, she does have the height of pulling it off.
Strapless gown - I really like this one as well for Charlene, I would add a wrap/shawl over her shoulders but the cut is really pretty and quite simple. The right hair do and jewelry would make this a really nice evening look.

Ooh I do love the silver jade and ice blue strapless evening gowns. Gorgeous. Charlene has a way of really "pulling off" this type of gown because of the classically elegant way she usually wears her hair. Simple diamond or pearl drop earings would be a complimentary assessory.

The last gown would make a lovely early maternity evening gown, AND it would be fab-u-lous with the Ocean, either as necklace or tiara. I hope she buys this one!

here are some outfits that would look good on her

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/products/ai/NMT3T9B_ai.jpg business attire
http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/products/mx/NMT3T9B_mx.jpg pair of gold button earrings

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/products/mx/NM-46VW_mx.jpg afternoon tea with small pearl drop earrings

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/products/mx/NM-4CUT_mx.jpg another tea style suite/blue or silver drop earring..but they have to be small

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/products/mx/NMT6AH6_mx.jpg but i like this in a tan color

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything looks good on her. These models don't hold a candle to her.

Armani Privé FALL 2013 COUTURE

Suit - Simple, elegant suit. The jacket length is a length she can pull off with her slim and tall figure. I don't care for the color, any color in this would do.
Suit - Love the cut of the jacket, its different and this would suit her. Would make a lovely outfit when matched with a hat IMO.
Dress - Elegant for an evening event with just earrings.
Dress - Another black dress. I think black would look good on her and the small cap sleeves are nice.
Dress - Lovely! I think she would look stunning in this with her diamond star band.
Lace ruffled dress - The color is tricky but I won't mind this on her if she gets the make up and hair right. The layers of lace is quite pretty and with her height, there would be great effect.
Dress - This dress would be lovely in any color. Its simple yet quite elegant. I would change the top part a bit so its not so revealing.

Elie Saab FALL 2013 COUTURE

Short dress - Great cut which Charlene can pull off but I would suggest another color. I find this too strong for her to pull off.
Green dress - Lovely one shoulder dress. Great with oversized earrings.
Jumpsuit - Not that I like royals in jumpsuits but this is a lovely jumpsuit which she could look good in if she decides to get one.

Akris RESORT 2014

Coat - Lovely bright blue yet strong colored coat. Lovely to add such a color to her wardrobe. This is a very wearable coat.
Sweater and scarf - Great to be worn together or separately.

Giorgio Armani RESORT 2014

Suit - Lovely suit for any event. The detailing on the jacket makes it a bit different.

Last edited:
ANYTHING but '50 shades of beige'...

Ralph Lauren Pre Fall 2014

Skirt & top - Lovely color and a lovely style. The detailing on the skirt adds a lot to the overall of the look which is still kept simple. It's a very Charlene look IMO.
Dress - Lovely dress and a lovely style but I would like it in a different color like a deep purple or emerald green.
Dress - Great style dress which she can pull off. The detailing is lovely and elegant. This is also a nice shade of grey which isn't too pale.

Akris Pre Fall 2014

Red dress - Charlene would look great in this red dress. Its figure flattering IMO and the fabric is quite elegant for an evening/cocktail/award event.
Jacket/cardigan - Lovely for any event. It's cut is elegant and wearable with anything.
Printed dress - Matched with a jacket or coat for the daytime and worn alone for an evening event, this is a great dress, soft shade of white and black.
Outfit - Lovely elegant outfit for any daytime event.
Printed dress - A lovely cut which Charlene can pull off without disappointing. The color and print isn't overwhelming. I'd just remove the neck wrap.

Last edited:
Akris 2015

Printed dress - I think Charlene can pull of prints and this print is soft and the color is perfect for summer.
Dress _ Can be dresses down or up. Would look great also with a jacket.
Dress _ Great summer dress matched with this jacket.
Outfit - Simple yet elegant outfit. The jacket adds a nice touch of it being printed.
Outfit - Lovely outfit for an evening event.
Black and green outfit - Charlene certainly can pull such a rich shade of green off, this colour would be a great choice for her.
Black outfit - Though being to much black, I think this is a lovely and simple look.
Suit - Lovely color and the touch of yellow adds color. Would look great with tan pumps.
Top - Would look good with a black skirt or pants. It can also be dressed up or down.
White outfit - Another great outfit for Charlene. This would look great with simple or sandal heels and a nice brooch.

Akris Resort 2016

Yellow dress - Lovely dress for the daytime with a chunky necklace or for the evening with diamond earrings and a long necklace chain or pendent.
Pink dress - Simple dress and easy to pull off.
Suit _ The simplicity is something which is very much Charlene's style. Would look great matched with a lace top.
Yellow dress with matching bolero - A great colour which Charlene could do in her wardrobe from time to time. Would look nice with a brooch and stud earrings.
Pant outfit - Charlene has the height to pull off such pant style, the whole outfit is lovely for her.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree! Also the bright pink she wore at the Monaco Grand Prix gala was amazing...!

Armani Prive Spring 2016

Skirt suit - I love the color and the ruffles on the end of everything, I would suggest the skirt to be longer though.
Suit - Beautiful jacket and could be worn dressed up or with a nice plain skirt. I like the fabric of the shorts, but if turned into a skirt.
Dress - Lovely color for all seasons, would suggest it to be longer or full length depending what event she wears it to. Full length would look great with a nice necklace or a tiara and drop earrings.
Dress - Its a simple yet very grand dress. She could pull this off in floor length with a tiara.
Dress
Evening dress

Atelier Versace Spring 2016

Skirt outfit - I think white is a lovely color on Charlene, this has a touch of blue and its very summery. Would look goo with a sleeveless blue shirt/top.
Cocktail dress - Lovely detailing and cut, would make it longer like knee length or floor length and change the neck tie to strapless or off the shoulders.
Floor length gown - A lovely gown which is different to just another gown.

Christian Dior Haute Couture Spring 2016

Outfit - Lovely outfit and I can see Charlene shine in this creation. It could be adjusted slightly.

Elie Saab Haute Couture Spring 2016

Dress
Dress - A nice color for Charlene and a nice style, she could pull this off with her height. Would look goo with or without the jacket.
One shoulder gown - Great style and a nice color for the season.
Gown - If styled well, Charlene could rock this.

Roksanda Pre Fall 2016

Dress - A lovely color mixture dress for a spring/summer event. Could be worn with jacket or coat for colder days.
Cocktail dress - A lovely style and fit for Charlene, I would just match another belt with the look.

Akris Pre Fall 2016

Evening dress - Simple yet elegant. Drop earrings, diamond bangle and a nice hair style would complete the look

Carolina Herrera Spring 2016

Some lovely suggestions for the summer.

Look 1
Look 2
Look 3
Look 4
Look 5

Carolina Herrera Pre Fall 2016

Coat with tie - The clean cuts and the color combination is very Charlene. Could be worn with pants, skirt or a dress.
Black pant suit - Would look great with colored or black pumps.

Last edited:
Akris Spring Summer 2017

Jacket - Combined with loose pants, this would be a lovely spring/summer look.
Dress - Lovely color on Charlene and a nice fitted looks chin she always looks good in.
Dress - Lightweight and ideal for summer with chunky black pumps and diamond earrings. Nice for a summer evening.
Dress - Dress coat ideal for any daytime event.
Dress -Great for Charlene for any event, this can easily be dressed down or up.
Evening dress - Lovely fit and a nice color combination.

Akris Autumn/Winter 2017 Pre-Fall

Skyblue suit - Great jacket and a lovely suit, Charlene will sure pull this color and style off.
Cocktail dress - A lovely fit for Charlene and a nice color combination for the evening. Paired with navy blue or black pumps, this would be lovely.
Printed daytime dress - A lovely color and printed dress for Charlene.

Armani Privé Spring/Summer 2017 Couture

Jumpsuit - I see this outfit on Charlene, somehow with the short hair she would pull this off.
Evening dress - Nice cut for Charlene, I would change the top part.
Evening gown - Lovely style for Charlene and her height. I would change the one shoulder design and the color.
Strapless gown - Love lace gown for any grand event.

Carolina Herrera New York Spring/Summer 2017 Ready-To-Wear

Skirt and knitted top - A lovely combo for a daytime event.
Black outfit - Great style for Charlene with simple pumps and studs.

Carolina Herrera Autumn/Winter 2017

Knitted dress - Lovely color and style for Charlene. This would easily be matched with a lovely jacket or coat or even a cape.
Dress suit - A lovely shade for the season IMO and a great color and style for Charlene for any official event.
Black evening dress - A very simple yet elegant dress. The bow tie would really suit her with the short hair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom