Fashion Designers Used by Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And how much $$$ mula are his shoes worth???!!!!

If I could afford them, I'd buy these beautiful shoes!

I need therapy to cure my addiction to shoes!

Basic Louboutains cost 500-700 US$,but if it's special lethear like snakes' it's much more expensive.

Louboutin's are beautiful shoes, but too pricey for me right now. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a pair of killer black heels.

I would think Caroline would be flooded with freebies from every major french fashion house. If it's a Hermes Kelly bag though, maybe she inherited her mother's collection? When Prince Ranier died, I though Caroline was wearing her mother black lace veil that she wore on her visit to the vatican.

Valentino the royal dressmaker

Has anyone notice how many Royal outfits Valentino seems to make. He seems to be the only designer anymore who makes the kindof things older rich women wear even de la Renta has gone for the young now. I also think he lives a nobel kind of life and is very sauve so fits in at events and knows what the ladies need and want to wear . Think he's my older playboy pin up lol. He's the older then Rafael Medina in middle and as the youngest Mikush Sapieha X

The women who wear Valentino always look fabulous.

i love Valentino, pity I can not affor it!

Valentino's styles are always elegant. Like Ashelen, I would wear it if I could afford it!

Valentino's styles are always elegant. Like Ashelen, I would wear it if I could afford it!
yes, his style is very elegant and anyone, any age could use it, the other thing to do it is to find a dressmaker and a fabric close to that and have it re-make or similar at a fraction of the price.
No it is very difficult for me to by myself clothes, my mother was a model when she was young and she was a dressmaker too, so I use to dress marvellous, everbody thought that i was from a rich familly! now she is older and her hands had deforemd so she can not saw anymore, so it is frustrating to try to buy something decent with the money that I can afford and fit me properly I am very petit and normally everything is big for me, I use to drive crazy the sotre sellers!

As much as I admire Valentino, I cannot get over the weddingdress he did for Maxima. Okay, the veil was absolutely beautiful, but why did he come up with a Nun's dress for such a vivacious Latina like Maxima?? It didn't suit her personality at all. I know it was a winter wedding, but this dress looked like Queen B.' Prinsjesdag dresses.

As much as I admire Valentino, I cannot get over the weddingdress he did for Maxima. Okay, the veil was absolutely beautiful, but why did he come up with a Nun's dress for such a vivacious Latina like Maxima?? It didn't suit her personality at all. I know it was a winter wedding, but this dress looked like Queen B.' Prinsjesdag dresses.
i must agree with you, i did not like it at all her dress for her wedding, such important day in her life1

Surely she had input into the design of the dress. I've never had a dress made for just me, but surely she had to have loved it wear it on her wedding day.

Surely she had input into the design of the dress. I've never had a dress made for just me, but surely she had to have loved it wear it on her wedding day.
well, you might be right, she said something about it when they design, but i am not sure how much involvment she had in all the organization of her wedding, probably it wass organize everything by the royal family and may be she was suggest what kind of dress she had to have!

I have to disagree with you. The dress is pretty much timeless, in my opinion. The cut and fabric suited Maxima very well; moreover, it does look very much like in keeping with traditional Hispanic wedding dresses. A majority of my Latina, who were married in the Catholic church, girlfriends had very covered up traditional gowns similar to Maxima's. :)

I believe he also designed CP Marie Chantal's wedding gown and also gowns for several of the occasions leading up to the wedding itself. I think his designs are classic in their beauty and ever so elegant.

Valentino is also Rosario's favorite designer, she was his muze for a long time

Valentino or not, but the only royal weddingdress from his hand, I like is Maxima's dress. CP Marie Chantal and Sibilla of Luxembourg dresses are imo horrible.... over the top and messy.

I don't understand why everybody likes Maxima's weddinggown so much, she looks like a medieval nun in it!!

I don't understand why everybody likes Maxima's weddinggown so much, she looks like a medieval nun in it!!

Simple, everyone has different opinions and taste when it come to cloths. I thought the dress was "okay" the more I see it the morse I like it :)

i agree with you, the dress itself it is nothing special, i must say ii love the veil ,tiara, and flowers, but i do not see anything beside that, but of course we all are entitle to different taste!

Regarding Valentino’s royal wedding dresses, IMO Princess Maxima’s was wonderful, a luxurious masterpiece of understated elegance and of tailoring.
I never liked Marie-Chantal’s wedding dress though. Too heavy, unbalanced and unflattering, it strangled and suffocated her.

Princess Diana in the only Valentino she ever wore:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2543/76214575.jpg

Queen Silvia in one of her Valentino evening gowns - fabulous, IMO:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8436/rt1860.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1016/rt1869.jpg

Back
Top Bottom