Dutch Abdication & Inauguration: Fashion Choices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of Mette-Marit I think all of the Royal women look gorgeous with Maxima and Mathilde the absolute standouts. I am so happy to see Camilla, she looks regal. I must be the only one but I think Stephanie's gown is simply gorgeous. I am a little letdown by Victoria but still looks good.

Why Mette-Marit....whyyyyyyy??!:eek:

Maybe she didn't want to upstage Maxima so she just went in her nightgown and put a tiara on top:whistling:

I know its mostly fashion of the royal ladies being discussed, but if I may...Frederik is by far the best dress male and most handsome too ;);)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/063aa3f7973aed262ae37c4e7d75b722/tumblr_mm17xcinuS1r6jme9o1_400.png

:D

Yes, I can look at him forever.
maybe the reason Mary always looks so good is because he is by her side and distract everyone with is handomeness from her bad outfits:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the ladies really hit it out of the park and some of them missed the mark. My favorites were Mary, Camilla and Maxima (her tiara and necklace were gorgeous). I also liked Letizia, but wish her gown was in another color besides black.

My least favorites were Stephanie (she didn't do that Ellie Saab dress justice) and Mette-Marit.

Princess Irene's outfit was my least favourite of the Dutch royal ladies.

Stephanie! What were you thinking?! That gorgeous tiara, that beautiful face and you wear a frock drag queens would think twice about wearing in a pageant!

ROFLMAO.....hilarious and true, possibly the best fashion commentary ever!!!:lol:

Mary, Lalla Salma, MM, and Camilla are knock outs for me. Regal and Elegant.

Poor Stephanie, the dress is sensational but she manages to make it look so drab. I give her a few more years till she starts to hit her stride fashion wise.

I love how Laurentine wore the Aquamarine tiara, its suits the tiara perfectly.

Can someone here be kind enough and tell what designers our beautiful ladies wore today? I mean every Princess who went.

I really love Laurentien's dress. Very good colour. Mary is nice but the color washes her out. I am sorry to say but I don't think this is Maxima's best dress. The color yes but otherwise...

Pity MM wore a belt on her dress. I love Stephanie's and I really don't appreciate Maxima's... it puts tons on her !

I think Camilla looks great, but her lack of a good support bra kind of ruins things on closer inspection. It's always an issue with her, and it's a shame.

The English do not have support garments, it seems. I thought, all and all, she looked nice.

So Rominet alone, so far, agrees with me that Stephanie looks gorgeous. Stephanie is criticized for her casual-sloppy pants and tops, and scarves, and now when she looks outstandingly regal she is criticized again. If that is an Elie Saab dress, it is the first one I have really liked on the Lux women. I love the color, contrary to the general opinion on this thread. The tiara goes so well with the dress and Stephanie. Guillaume looks proud as a peacock and I can see why.
Stephanie's dress is ALMOST too shiny in the skirt, but not quite too shiny...but it does reflect the red carpet? The neckline suits her perfectly. She is totally Princess tonight.

As for the other ladies, all looked great except Mette-Marit. Her waist looks, in that gown, like mine looks when I fail to exercise vigorously.

Mary, Mathilde, and Letizia were just marvelous tonight! Can't wait for tomorrow ... hoping that Maxima is wearing a wonderful new Valentino (please, no Natan!) with some mega-whopper tiara!

I'm thinking the three little princesses will wear identical white/cream-colored "flower girl" looking dresses. :)

Mary's gown looks absolutely fabulous on her and she looks glowing. She looks stunning in it! Camilla looks beautiful too, although the lack of support (undergarments are just as important!) kind of ruins the whole look by a bit.

Well that's Nice , Because all of them looks Nice elegant !!!
But my favorites are
1- CP Mary , she really looks stunning
2- CP Letizia
3- CP Mathilde , Lalla Salma
No doubt Princess Maxima looks Nice too & the color nice , but the dress not so fits ! & a good look for Camila

Last edited:
So Rominet alone, so far, agrees with me that Stephanie looks gorgeous. Stephanie is criticized for her casual-sloppy pants and tops, and scarves, and now when she looks outstandingly regal she is criticized again. If that is an Elie Saab dress, it is the first one I have really liked on the Lux women. I love the color, contrary to the general opinion on this thread. The tiara goes so well with the dress and Stephanie. Guillaume looks proud as a peacock and I can see why.

I love it, too!!!

CP Mary - her dress was typical Mary. She knows how to dress herself, meaning she knows what looks good. Her jewellery was perfect...haven't seen her wedding earrings in a while

Princess Lalla Salma - her craftan is simply divine. Her tiara is beautiful too. But I loved her smile.

CP Mette-Marit - oh dear God. Too many words, not enough time....

CP Victoria - I actually liked her dress. Many have commented that she looks pregnant, but I suspect she was slouching. I'm grateful she didn't wear that god-awful new tiara

GHD Stephanie - That dress is awful. If it didn't have the shiny stuff, it would have looked nice. The tiara is beautiful and she needed a dress to complement the sapphire.

Queen Beatrix - looking every bit if a Queen that she is. I love her!

Soon-to-be Queen Maxima - yes the dress style didn't suit her, but the colour did. But as many have stated, her personality, warmth and vivaciousness made you forget about the dress. She is awesome and the Netherlands are soooo lucky to have her! Her tiara and jewellery were prefect.

For me, the clear star tonight is the Duchess of Cornwall. That dress is amazing and really suits her. And as much as it pains me to say it.....Stephanie! What were you thinking?! That gorgeous tiara, that beautiful face and you wear a frock drag queens would think twice about wearing in a pageant!

Camilla looked fantastic! Many judgments of her in any area continue to reflect prejudice, but she IS a true star.

I like Camilla-she is a great lady who is much maligned I agree. But she needs to get fitted for a decent bra because no matter how elegant the gown-if a good support bra is lacking things fall apart-no pun intended.

And I agree with romine, casualfan and Mariel...HGD Stephanie looked beautiful.

Last edited:
For me the winner is Letizia:
My favourite spanish tiara, beautiful hairdo, stunning dress and a dashing husband.

And what a great setting the Rijksmuseum was!

Too bad Charlene wasn't there, we still didn't get to see her with her tiara (on her head).

Last edited:

Thanks for this, makes it way easier, eliminates the need to wade through a bunch of caca to get to the meat of the matter. :)^DD

My opinion after only one brief viewing of each pic:

Crown Princess Victoria is a stunning winner as always, I swear she never puts a foot wrong, mayhap because she was born to the manor, and also has that gorgeous elfin face with a megawatt smile!!!:flowers:

Letizia is pretty in the vein of Cindy Crawford but always comes across as a very timid woman, midget sized, and the black color doesn't help. :(

MM (sorry don't recall her full name) has a beautiful face & body, she stands out in any crowd, especially in baby blue, but lacks that special something (unfortunately I have to say the same of Princess Charlene of Monaco) to want to follow her goings on, leastways that's the way I feel....

Stephanie seems so nice & kind with absolutely beautiful skin, but is a bit homely and looks a tad older than her husband, and drab dresses don't help. A pity because I genuninely like her.

Camilla looks like an overweight old cow with udders, made even more ridiculous with that 1970s Farrah Fawcett hairdo! :eek:

As for the rest I don't recall their names, don't follow them, they all just blend in, nobody else stands out, just meh.

On a positive note, it's always good those rare occasions when all the bigwigs get together, whether it be a wedding, funeral, jubilee, or a coronation, et al.:cool: Such pomp & circumstance make for good theater. ;)

I will only comment on those that captivated my attention.

Heres my review:

Maxima: I don't hate her dress, but its not my cup of tea. Anyway, Maxima is Maxima after all, such dress suits her and even more that bold color. Nice jewerly, specially the necklace and plus for the Tiara to have a base at the bottom to stand out. Need to mention the hair = Stunning.

Letizia: I agree that black makes her even more thin, because its black. But putting that aside, she looks absolutely grogeous, I like that dress a lot. Great hair-do, nice earrings and the stunning Floral Tiara (I missed Letizia in Tiaras). What I dislike is the shoes, maybe a more delicate pair would have suited better.

Mary: Mary clearly has a better fashion direction and sense, because she knows what looks best. For me she's 1# of all the ladies. Love her dress A LOT, and I disagree who said about the blahh color, I think it looks great that way, its fresh to the eye and suited for spring. Always loved her wedding earrings and as always nice up-do. But I was hoping to see a new Tiara for her, I like her wedding Tiara, but isn't about time to Margrethe let Mary have more freedom in the Royal Jewels vault?

Victoria: Love, LOVE spotting the Amethyst Tiara again, nice choice! Victoria looks lovely as always, but even though I'm quite OK with this dress, I wished she wore a new dress. The fit of the dress seems a bit off as well, but nothing horrible to spot. I need to mention: LOVE her sparkly shoes!

Mette-Marit: Again...and again... What was she thinking? She is the drag queen of the night. Her dress would be something I would wear to sleep. No out-standing jewels as well, her Daisy Tiara placed to far back on the hair, hideous light blue bracelet combo...If she goes this awful road for the rest of the year, then this will be her worst year fashion wise of all time.

Mathilde: Fabulous as ever, nice jewels, nice hair and dress. White suits her the most and althought the dress looks a bit plastic (ala-Natan), its not that bad either.

Stephanie: Oh Stephanie, you were really trying hard dear, but failed big time. The dress's cut is not bad at all, but that sparkly thing makes it loot plastic and tacky. I think she just wanted to match her Tiara stone, but my beautiful dear, when dressing up, a dress comes first, then you choose the jewels that seem to suit the dress, not vice-versa. And... the saga of her shawls continue...I wonder what chapter is next...

Lalla Salma: Lalla Salma can never go wrong with her beautiful caftans and she proved once again that. Her smile really does her wonders, she looks so graceful and radiant like that. NEW ALERT: Tiara!!! Its her wedding necklace converted to Tiara, she totally surprised me, though I would rather see her in a up-do (because her hair this time was a bit off), she looked majestic!

Sophie: I like the top but even though I like the color of the skirt, it looks a bit tacky because of the material. Nice to see the Huge Fringe Tiara again.

Camilla: The Queen of tonight, she looks so regal! Love her dress, though I agree with some about the cut at her upper part, looks odd! But she was absolutely stunning and she never goes wrong with her Tiara.

Sarah: Beautiful Sarah, though I like her in a more light colors than dark, she looked grogeous and she spotted the Tiara of her wedding festivities. So nice to see her there.

Last edited:
I gotta say I'm not crazy about any of the dresses I've seen...although I did think Stephanie's dress was the best one I've seen so far.

Maybe they all need new stylists.

LaRae

Well that's Nice , Because all of them looks Nice elegant !!!
But my favorites are
1- CP Mary , she really looks stunning
2- CP Letizia
3- CP Mathilde , Lalla Salma
No doubt Princess Maxima looks Nice too & the color nice , but the dress not so fits !

How funny,for me it is the same,I completely agree with your top 3 list!It is a really tough draw between Letizia and Mary,I would like to know who designed their robes.
All the ladies and men did their best to look outstanding. Maxima´s jewellery and how happy and glamorous she looked were sensational!
Only disappointment on the sartorial side for me are Mette-Marit and Camilla (but Camilla´s hair and tiara were great!), altough Prince Charles and CP Haakon made up for it by looking extra glamourous!

Camilla looks like an overweight old cow with udders, made even more ridiculous with that 1970s Farrah Fawcett hairdo! :eek:

Could you be more vitriolic please ? I guess not ...

Favorites:
-CP Mathilde, absolutely lovely.
-CP Letizia, the designer is Felipe Varela
-CP Mary, although a more vibrant color would have been nice.

Could you be more vitriolic please ? I guess not ...

HRH the Duchess of Cornwall looked stunning in every photograph - every inch the future Queen she will be !

Mary, Mathilde, and Letizia were just marvelous tonight! Can't wait for tomorrow ... hoping that Maxima is wearing a wonderful new Valentino (please, no Natan!) with some mega-whopper tiara!

I'm thinking the three little princesses will wear identical white/cream-colored "flower girl" looking dresses. :)

I hope the new Princess of Orange will have something a bit distinctive - perhaps an orange sash around the waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom