The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Discussion about Victoria's hair and style

I would tell Victoria to emphasize her shoulders more. Great shoulders. For Medeleine, I would tell her to stay out of the sun more. And to wear darker clothes to contrast with her light hair.

Old 11-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I would tell Victoria, that she should "wear" her hair open, and much more seldom a ponytail. It would be nice to see her with darker, shorter (about 10-15 cm or 4-6 inch) and more stepped (right word?) hair. She had such a style in 1997/1998. I guess she had it then shorter, because of her health problems, but if she would try it again (and now WITHOUT an unhealthy background) I think it would look nice.
And yes, Madeleine should avoid the sun and the tanning bed! And I don´t know, what this girl does with her hair, but sometimes it looks really washed out and jejune!
But on the whole I ALREADY like their style, yes-sometimes there are a few outfits, which are less cute, and sometimes outfits of them are terrible, but mostly it looks great. And just imagine (especially in Victoria´s position, Madeleine has less official duties) you have to find for about 100 occasions/year an outfit, which isn´t too crazy, too boring, too tight, too loose, too old-fashioned, too modern...and it should be varied, but it should also fit to your natural beauty/coloring. Not an easy challenge!

Old 11-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Gentry

Personally I don't think Princess Victoria dresses well at all. She's an attractive young woman with a healthy figure, but she often dresses like a mumsy 50 year old woman. I can understand that her style needs to be reserved, but it seems to me she could find more interesting and flattering clothes to wear. The high-necked plum colored suit and the red pantsuit were boring, stiff, and completely unsuited to her open personality and beautiful wide smile. And she does no justice to that thick chestnut hair by pulling it into a tight ponytail.

She did make some nice fashion choices with some of her suits and ballgowns, but in general when I look at her photos, I can't help but think that Victoria just isn't very interested in fashion. And that's not a bad quality to have, actually. I'd rather have a crown princess who isn't obsessed with getting all the latest haute couture designs and expensive handbags.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to say anything bad about her, because I do admire her awfully. I just don't think of her as a fashion plate, that's all.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Gentry

I just learned to post photos here... and I still can't figure it out very well! I do think the first Sarah Michelle Gellar outfit, the blue bustier evening gown, would be very sweet and pretty on Madeleine, but maybe too much for her older sister. In fact, doesn't Madeleine have a dress like that?

These are some of the outfits I thought were nice on Victoria... my favorites were the first two that dennism posted awhile back:

She looks like a movie star here!

This suit is a little plain, but it fits well, and the neutral color is nice on her. But why is that girl wearing pajama pants to meet the CP?
Old 11-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Gentry

Purple is good on her, although in the second photo we all know she looks too, too skinny:

This outfit is just okay to me, but I wish she'd wear her hair down like this more often.

I'll try to find some different photos of clothes Victoria hasn't worn already.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Majesty

so if you could help her out with her princess Wardrobe what would you like to put in it, what kind of dresses what knd of suits ... what designer what you suggest for her?
Old 11-18-2003, 10:40 PM
Royal Highness

I like Victoria's sense of style.I think she has one of the best royal styles . It is beautiful, colourful, chic, assertive, and very professional for a future monarch

photo1

photo 2

photo 3

photo 3
Old 11-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Majesty

I like those but not the pink dress one. Something I can't explain.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:58 PM
Royal Highness

Is it, Dennis, something about pink being "overdone" ?

Or if she had a grin that lit up the sky, would your reaction be different ?
Old 11-18-2003, 11:05 PM
Majesty

It's like it's too clingy. Too pale too.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

About which pink are we talking. Victoria in the pink dress next to Don Felipe?
Old 11-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Majesty

Yes and that red sash is odd with a pink dress behind it.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Hm, I like it. And with the stola she wore additonally in the chuch it looked nice. But Felipe and her look as if it would be a torture to dance with each other.
Thinking of this wedding I´ve watched on TV in 2001...are there any possibilities for Americans/Canadians...to watch the weddings of Letizia+ Felipe and/or Mary+Frederik. Would be nice to make a LTR-live-chat, as I have done several times with a friend...very funny.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Majesty

Well, considering that we had live coverage of Felipe and Letizia arriving at the opera as well as the concert itself, I'd imagine that they will show the wedding too on TVEI!
But this channel is rather hard to get for many people.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Gentry

Actually, I think I prefer Victoria's hair like this. And the outfit isn't too bad either! Very bombshell!
Old 11-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Majesty

Yes, I like the hair like that as well. Some people have been complaining about the ponytail. Well, I think that's a hairstyle for her there. Very nice.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 1st, 2003 - 12:07 am
Nice photos. Those of you who don't like the ponytail is the hair to the side look okay for you? I would like it that more if the hair was a little shorter. Too much on the side in the second photo. But I also like it in a little bun like in the first photo.
I agree... her hair looks nice when it's down, but a few inches lopped off the ends would be an improvement, because it's too heavy at the bottom. Or instead, she could spend time blowdrying and straightening her hair, but it looks to me like Victoria doesn't have the time to do that!
Old 12-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Majesty

Yeah, I thought more of a bob then. Shorter if she's going to have it on both sides.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Courtier

I think Crown Princess Victoria has her hair washed and blow dried or styled before appearing at an official engagement.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Sorry I meant by a hairdresser.

Tags
crown princess victoria, hair, style