Discussion about Victoria's Hair and Style

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennism

Majesty
City
East of the sun and west of the moon
Country
United States
I would tell Victoria to emphasize her shoulders more. Great shoulders. For Medeleine, I would tell her to stay out of the sun more. And to wear darker clothes to contrast with her light hair.

I would tell Victoria, that she should "wear" her hair open, and much more seldom a ponytail. It would be nice to see her with darker, shorter (about 10-15 cm or 4-6 inch) and more stepped (right word?) hair. She had such a style in 1997/1998. I guess she had it then shorter, because of her health problems, but if she would try it again (and now WITHOUT an unhealthy background) I think it would look nice.
And yes, Madeleine should avoid the sun and the tanning bed! And I don´t know, what this girl does with her hair, but sometimes it looks really washed out and jejune!
But on the whole I ALREADY like their style, yes-sometimes there are a few outfits, which are less cute, and sometimes outfits of them are terrible, but mostly it looks great. And just imagine (especially in Victoria´s position, Madeleine has less official duties) you have to find for about 100 occasions/year an outfit, which isn´t too crazy, too boring, too tight, too loose, too old-fashioned, too modern...and it should be varied, but it should also fit to your natural beauty/coloring. Not an easy challenge!

Personally I don't think Princess Victoria dresses well at all. She's an attractive young woman with a healthy figure, but she often dresses like a mumsy 50 year old woman. I can understand that her style needs to be reserved, but it seems to me she could find more interesting and flattering clothes to wear. The high-necked plum colored suit and the red pantsuit were boring, stiff, and completely unsuited to her open personality and beautiful wide smile. And she does no justice to that thick chestnut hair by pulling it into a tight ponytail.

She did make some nice fashion choices with some of her suits and ballgowns, but in general when I look at her photos, I can't help but think that Victoria just isn't very interested in fashion. And that's not a bad quality to have, actually. I'd rather have a crown princess who isn't obsessed with getting all the latest haute couture designs and expensive handbags.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to say anything bad about her, because I do admire her awfully. I just don't think of her as a fashion plate, that's all.

I just learned to post photos here... and I still can't figure it out very well! I do think the first Sarah Michelle Gellar outfit, the blue bustier evening gown, would be very sweet and pretty on Madeleine, but maybe too much for her older sister. In fact, doesn't Madeleine have a dress like that?

These are some of the outfits I thought were nice on Victoria... my favorites were the first two that dennism posted awhile back:

post-23-1040641699.jpg

post-23-1059781956.jpg

She looks like a movie star here!

post-52-1068324936.jpg

This suit is a little plain, but it fits well, and the neutral color is nice on her. But why is that girl wearing pajama pants to meet the CP?

Purple is good on her, although in the second photo we all know she looks too, too skinny:
post-17-1059330617.jpg

post-52-1067443419.jpg

This outfit is just okay to me, but I wish she'd wear her hair down like this more often.
post-52-1069092455.jpg

I'll try to find some different photos of clothes Victoria hasn't worn already.

so if you could help her out with her princess Wardrobe what would you like to put in it, what kind of dresses what knd of suits ... what designer what you suggest for her?

I like Victoria's sense of style.I think she has one of the best royal styles . It is beautiful, colourful, chic, assertive, and very professional for a future monarch ;)

photo1

photo 2

photo 3

photo 3

I like those but not the pink dress one. Something I can't explain.

Is it, Dennis, something about pink being "overdone" ?

Or if she had a grin that lit up the sky, would your reaction be different ?

It's like it's too clingy. Too pale too.

About which pink are we talking. Victoria in the pink dress next to Don Felipe?

Yes and that red sash is odd with a pink dress behind it.

Hm, I like it. And with the stola she wore additonally in the chuch it looked nice. But Felipe and her look as if it would be a torture to dance with each other.
Thinking of this wedding I´ve watched on TV in 2001...are there any possibilities for Americans/Canadians...to watch the weddings of Letizia+ Felipe and/or Mary+Frederik. Would be nice to make a LTR-live-chat, as I have done several times with a friend...very funny.

Well, considering that we had live coverage of Felipe and Letizia arriving at the opera as well as the concert itself, I'd imagine that they will show the wedding too on TVEI!
But this channel is rather hard to get for many people.

post-23-1052758978.jpg

Actually, I think I prefer Victoria's hair like this. And the outfit isn't too bad either! Very bombshell!

Yes, I like the hair like that as well. Some people have been complaining about the ponytail. Well, I think that's a hairstyle for her there. Very nice.

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 1st, 2003 - 12:07 am
Nice photos. Those of you who don't like the ponytail is the hair to the side look okay for you? I would like it that more if the hair was a little shorter. Too much on the side in the second photo. But I also like it in a little bun like in the first photo.
I agree... her hair looks nice when it's down, but a few inches lopped off the ends would be an improvement, because it's too heavy at the bottom. Or instead, she could spend time blowdrying and straightening her hair, but it looks to me like Victoria doesn't have the time to do that!

Yeah, I thought more of a bob then. Shorter if she's going to have it on both sides.

I think Crown Princess Victoria has her hair washed and blow dried or styled before appearing at an official engagement.

Sorry I meant by a hairdresser.

No doubt. Before galas she probably asks for a hair dresser (ok, in the last time she sometimes wore just a ponytail at galas :angry: ), but for more informal occasions (meetings, visits to different organisations) she styles her hair (and make up) herself. She even said that in an interview and added ironically "you can see it"...
But I promise, if she would wear a breathtaking hair style on the Nobel prize day I will stop to nag about the ponytail. But that´s your last chance, girl ;) :p

She will have a breathtaking hair style and gown for the Nobel. You can count on it.

Sounds as if you grubed in her closet and as if you had a talk with her hair dresser :p ;)
I hope Madeleine won´t steal her the show!

I was going to say that Madeleine would probably try to steal the show. Maybe something like last year's gown. She must like racier stuff then.

" Sounds as if you grubed in her closet and as if you had a talk with her hair dresser"

You used Grubed. Very good and a relatively rare word. See, Lena. You don't need help with your English! That being said, I would love to be Victoria's stylist.

I don't think Madeleine dresses, and styles herself with the thought "I'm going to show up Vikkan!!" in mind. I think it's more her style choices, she likes a different style of clothing that tends to bring more "controversial" attention, (I'm not saying Negative or Posotive, just controversial). I happen to love Madde's style, but then maybe that is because he is closer to my age range, and we prefer the same designers...

No, she doesn't. I didn't mean to imply that. Sorry. But it was ironic that her most controversial dress was one that she designed herself. Not that she needs to be controversial to get noticed.

Originally posted by Britters@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 7:23 pm
I don't think Madeleine dresses, and styles herself with the thought "I'm going to show up Vikkan!!" in mind. I think it's more her style choices, she likes a different style of clothing that tends to bring more "controversial" attention, (I'm not saying Negative or Posotive, just controversial).  I happen to love Madde's style, but then maybe that is because he is closer to my age range, and we prefer the same designers...
I agree with you, that she probably isn´t in a rivalry with Vickan (maybe they are a little bit, but I would say that´s normal for sisters...and Victoria said in an interview, that Madeleine is person, who loves to compete. But I don´t think that she´s a person, who is easy to provoke), but I´m quite sure, that Madeleine dresses for the masses. I bet she is a type, who enjoys it, when people call her sexy, beautiful, stylish... ;)
There were rumours, that Victoria didn´t attend last year, because of Madeleine (or through the rivalry with Madeleine ) But I guess that´s more stuff for discussions, than reliable news. I would say we will know more on Wednesday. If Victoria would wear a "Pamela Anderson-style", we can be sure, that she wants to displace her sis´.

@Dennism
thanks for the compliment. But honestly I wasn´t 100% sure about the use of the word. I´ve also thought about "dig" as word...but I guess you use that word rather in connection with a shovel and earth (?)

Dig could be good. However, the better word is "rummage" as a verb. Diggin with your hands as opposed to with a shovel. Rummaged through papers or something. Or rummage through a drawer.

Victoria in a Pamela Anderson style-gown? I hope not. Some say she dresses too old. I disagree. I think she dresses just right.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 25th, 2004 - 10:29 am
Here glasses are cute, but is it time for a new pair?
And perhaps a new hairstyle? :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom