The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Courtier

But maybe she abolishs the pony tail...

Old 10-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Majesty

I posted a few photos of her with shorter hair do you like it better
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Wow, that's better!!! And that red jacket really suits her :)
Old 10-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Nobility

I like it....it shapes her face and gives a softer look.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Well I do not like the pics. But that does not matter!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am also in the "ignore the ponytail" fase with Victoria, She is such a lovely person so I will look the other way. However, not for Galas, I belive it was her mothers birthday gala, she wore a beautiful dress AND a ponytail and glasses, and it completly ruined the dress for me.

Personally I dont think Victoria gives a red cent about fashion, she wears what is apropriate and I suspect her fashion advicor is ETW or some other nobel lady at the court.

I would love it if she would get a new dress for nobel, and get a grown up dress with cleen lines, and not the ever present bows, ruffles and glittering stones. And also not wear the frightful button tiara she wore last year and in Denmark.

Well as long as it is not the blue pant suit with a sort of cape she wore in Spain Ill be happy.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Good post, Larzen...I agree with you wholeheartedly and welcome in the "ignore the ponytail"-club!

BTW If Victoria will wear a ponytail on december 10 the phase (for me) is immediately over. Nobel day-there I can´t take a joke (then it´s even almost painful, when a dress is recycled or when the tiaras are boring)
Old 10-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

If she wears a pony tail and glases and a recycled gown and the button tiara for nobel I will personallty write a letter to HRH the royal firefighter ETW and demand that she gets Victoria a young male stylist to help her out.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
If she wears a pony tail and glases and a recycled gown and the button tiara for nobel I will personallty write a letter to HRH the royal firefighter ETW and demand that she gets Victoria a young male stylist to help her out.
"the royal firefighter" haha
Old 10-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
However, not for Galas, I belive it was her mothers birthday gala, she wore a beautiful dress AND a ponytail and glasses, and it completly ruined the dress for me.
I´ve now checked it...she "just" wore glasses for the gala and not a ponytail. But I´ve also thought she wore it...maybe an other gala event around the Queen´s birthday was an ponytail-event (?)
My most terrible moment with the ponytail was, when she met Mary Donaldson firstly: http://www.colourpress.com/index.cfm...ictureTypeNo=1

If I wouldn´t know, that Victoria is a good girl and crazy about guys named Daniel I would assume that she wanted to say/express with this outfit: "Hey Aussie, I don´t dress up for you...Fred is still mine"
Old 10-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Courtier

Oye! I wish I could trick my mind into entering the "Ignore the ponytail" setting or phase. CP Victoria is such a beautiful girl, but that gosh darn ponytail fetsh tends to ruin looks that really stand the chance at being outstanding. They make her look much more masculine then she really is! I liked the suit, the beige-y/peach color work well in that fabric and make the jacket stand out more then a normal jacket that color would. I don't even mind the glasses so much this outfit as I think it adds something to the over all look...

If we could just get rid of the ponytail....
Old 10-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Majesty

does she have to long hair to do anything with it I have a friend she has very havey long hair she cant do much with it she often wears ponttails or in a "fläta" when she let it hang free it is in the way leaving a lot of hair were ever she goes when she does something with the hair like a sloppy "knut" it just hanging in a hour on half mast

a few years she did cut it but the hair got to big and fluffy and she still could not do much with it

Victoria maybe need to cut it and make it a bit thinner

but i actully think her hair is hard to work with for dau hairstyles
Old 10-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

An german article on one of our most discussed topics: Victoria´s style. The article is (as usual for german tabloids) a little bit too dramatic, but I´ve to say, they are not completely wrong...and the 5 tips are good.
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid3837a.jpg

My translation:

Why doesn´t she want to be beautiful?

Wrong colours, wrong hairdo-the princess seems more an more unimpressive.

The pullover high-necked, the hair strictly bound back. And then this glasses. Victoria of Sweden (27) reminds more of a serious governess than of a beautiful princess, which she actually could be. Especially at the appearances with her mother, Queen Silvia (60), she seems like the ugly duckling next to the beautiful/bright swan.
Does Victoria actually don´t want to be beautiful-or is her appearance the reflection of a hurt soul?

Mother Silvia is a big/great role model
To be a crowned head is a two fisted job. Feelings and wishes often has to "stay behind". In her book "Victoria Victoria" the princess has described her sad childhood and her loneliness. "I was often jealous of other children, when there parents stayed with them in the evenings"
Queen Silvia is something like a "super-mother". The german out of a middle class home has it managed to become with a lot of discipline and flexibility, Europe´s "paradigm" of a Queen. Victoria, the born princess with dyslexia ("I felt in school, as if I would be the silliest") is in the shadow of the perfect Queen. Like many women also Victoria rebels against her mother: the dressier the outfit of Silvia is, the more casual is the one Victoria.

But it´s not just the "competition" with her mother, which leads to it, that Victoria makes fashion-mistakes. Victoria has difficulties to cope with her role as princess-and (therefore) also with the suitable fashionable outfit(s).
Out of a deep fear of excessive demands she has turned to anorexia-only a time out in the USA and the loving support of her ex-boyfriend Daniel Collert saved her from the terrible disease.
The anorexia is overcome and Victoria is more mature now. She fulfills her task with a lot of warmth and real interest. Only her profile/appearance shows, that she´s still worried of self doubts. She wants to be down-to-earth (close to the people)-and in her opinion she can only be that, when she dresses herself like a girl out of the people (a girl next door).
Also the choice of her boyfriend reflects this attitude. The gym trainer Daniel Westling (31) seems as inappropriate as a ponytail to a state dinner. With the right man on her side and an elegant dress Victoria would be like a Queen out of a book of fairy tales, but exactly that she doesn´t want to be, at least not so far...

How could Victoria look more feminine and more elegant?

1. Victoria loves sporty styles. (But) for official events she should rather wear elegant blouses instead of shirts.

2. More pleasing than the neutral colours are warm tone-in-tone combinations.

3. The princess doesn´t need to "go off" her faible (love) for simple styles. Waisted cuts would already make a big difference.

4. Round shapes at/for her accessoires care for a more feminine touch.

5. A shoulder-length springy haircut would let look her facial features softer then the "eternal" ponytail

Old 10-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

The article is a little to dramatic for my taste but I still agree with much of what it says

1 The Hair. Victorias trouble, I think it is to long, and would like to see her cut it so that she does not have to have those ponytails all the time.

2. The Clothes. Dont take fashion advice from a)Madeleine b) ETW c) any other nobel lady at the court over 40.

3. Glasses are fine for everyday engagements IMO but not for galas and black tie dinners (Ponytails are ofcourse also forbidden for such occations)

4. Galas, I almost always likes Victorias hair and make-up for Galas, noone beates the Swedes in the gala hair and make up department IMO. As for her dresses I would like her to stop with all the ribbons, and ruffels and sparkly stones which I think is to girly for a woman of her age. Both Mathilde, Mette-Marit and Letizia has an evening style which is more sophisticated and that I think would look good on Victoria if she put her own personal style on them.

5 Jewellery. I think she does pretty well, she manages to sparkel without looking like a christmas three and over the top, Silvia could borrow her the Connaught tiara http://royal-jewels.tripod.com/swt/connaught.html every now and then, you can after all only wear one tiara at the time Silvia, so you would still have alot to choose from . The ugly four button tiara she should just not wear (I will not be happy if she wears it for nobel again:p )

Even if Victorias style leaves much to be desired she is still my favourite young royal, always hard working and smiling.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Well said Larzen, I absolutely agree on what you say! But I don't think she should cut her hair too much though, she needs it for gala hair do's..
Old 10-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im not thinking Märtha Louise short, just maybe 10 cm shorter. And ofcourse she can also continue to use hairextensions for galas, they are no strangers in the Swedish royal family Well does Madeleine, Victoria and Silvia have alot of hair but not as much as some of their nobel hairdoes would suggest...
Old 10-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah wonderful...we´re becoming more and more, who hold the same opinions. It seems all think that she should cut her hair a bit, all want the same tiaras, all want more colour, all don´t want the ponytail, most think, that glasses for galas are inappropriate, most want more feminine cuts for her clothes...so we agree...it seems to be a clear thing...but not for a girl (and her mentor) in Sweden...*sigh*
Old 11-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Nobility

Actually, I kind of applaud Victoria for wearing glasses. She obviously needs them, and isn't so silly as to go without them and strain her eyes just for the sake of being more photogenic (like Princess Grace did for so many years). I also think SHE likes them, and good for her!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
Actually, I kind of applaud Victoria for wearing glasses. She obviously needs them, and isn't so silly as to go without them and strain her eyes just for the sake of being more photogenic (like Princess Grace did for so many years). I also think SHE likes them, and good for her!
But she could wear contacts so that she could still see. Sometimes when she wears glasses and is photographed there is a reflection and a glare that is distracting in the pictures.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:19 PM
Commoner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
But she could wear contacts so that she could still see. Sometimes when she wears glasses and is photographed there is a reflection and a glare that is distracting in the pictures.
Some people (myself included) don't wish to wear contact lenses. I, for one, can't imagine putting those things on my eyes. I believe that CP Victoria is a lovely and intelligent woman & my appreciation for her beauty is unconditional. Ponytails and/or glasses won't change my opinion.

Tags
crown princess victoria, hair, style