The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

No doubt. Before galas she probably asks for a hair dresser (ok, in the last time she sometimes wore just a ponytail at galas ), but for more informal occasions (meetings, visits to different organisations) she styles her hair (and make up) herself. She even said that in an interview and added ironically "you can see it"...
But I promise, if she would wear a breathtaking hair style on the Nobel prize day I will stop to nag about the ponytail. But that´s your last chance, girl :P

Old 12-03-2003, 07:38 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
She will have a breathtaking hair style and gown for the Nobel. You can count on it.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Sounds as if you grubed in her closet and as if you had a talk with her hair dresser :P
I hope Madeleine won´t steal her the show!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Majesty

I was going to say that Madeleine would probably try to steal the show. Maybe something like last year's gown. She must like racier stuff then.

" Sounds as if you grubed in her closet and as if you had a talk with her hair dresser"

You used Grubed. Very good and a relatively rare word. See, Lena. You don't need help with your English! That being said, I would love to be Victoria's stylist.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Courtier

I don't think Madeleine dresses, and styles herself with the thought "I'm going to show up Vikkan!!" in mind. I think it's more her style choices, she likes a different style of clothing that tends to bring more "controversial" attention, (I'm not saying Negative or Posotive, just controversial). I happen to love Madde's style, but then maybe that is because he is closer to my age range, and we prefer the same designers...
Old 12-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Majesty

No, she doesn't. I didn't mean to imply that. Sorry. But it was ironic that her most controversial dress was one that she designed herself. Not that she needs to be controversial to get noticed.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Britters@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 7:23 pm
I don't think Madeleine dresses, and styles herself with the thought "I'm going to show up Vikkan!!" in mind. I think it's more her style choices, she likes a different style of clothing that tends to bring more "controversial" attention, (I'm not saying Negative or Posotive, just controversial).* I happen to love Madde's style, but then maybe that is because he is closer to my age range, and we prefer the same designers...
I agree with you, that she probably isn´t in a rivalry with Vickan (maybe they are a little bit, but I would say that´s normal for sisters...and Victoria said in an interview, that Madeleine is person, who loves to compete. But I don´t think that she´s a person, who is easy to provoke), but I´m quite sure, that Madeleine dresses for the masses. I bet she is a type, who enjoys it, when people call her sexy, beautiful, stylish...
There were rumours, that Victoria didn´t attend last year, because of Madeleine (or through the rivalry with Madeleine ) But I guess that´s more stuff for discussions, than reliable news. I would say we will know more on Wednesday. If Victoria would wear a "Pamela Anderson-style", we can be sure, that she wants to displace her sis´.

@Dennism
thanks for the compliment. But honestly I wasn´t 100% sure about the use of the word. I´ve also thought about "dig" as word...but I guess you use that word rather in connection with a shovel and earth (?)
Old 12-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Majesty

Dig could be good. However, the better word is "rummage" as a verb. Diggin with your hands as opposed to with a shovel. Rummaged through papers or something. Or rummage through a drawer.

Victoria in a Pamela Anderson style-gown? I hope not. Some say she dresses too old. I disagree. I think she dresses just right.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness

Here glasses are cute, but is it time for a new pair?
Old 01-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 25th, 2004 - 10:29 am
Here glasses are cute, but is it time for a new pair?
And perhaps a new hairstyle?
Old 02-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Commoner

I love her hair..hope she never cuts it! Looks great on her and she can wear it many different ways.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by sky@May 8th, 2004 - 1:24 pm
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0405/07/...3-vickan-11.jpg picture
Is it just me or does Victoria seem to favour a lot of dark and/or neutral colours? (Maybe she thinks they are more professional when performing royal duties?) Aside from Ingrid Alexandra of Norway's baptism, I can't remember the last time Victoria wore real vibrant colours. I saw a picture of an occasion recently when she wore a neutral grey suit with a fuschia pink shirt underneath, but I'd like to see her wear more colour, espescially for spring!
Old 09-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Coming back to my favourite topic-the ponytail. After watching some pics of Queen Beatrix I had a terrible vision. Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrethe II and Queen Elizabeth II have all their "own characteristic" hairdo, which they wear most of the time. Beatrix has this "sugar"-fixed hairdo, Margrethe mostly wears her hair in a bun (IMO the most elegant solution) and Queen Elisabeth has worn (and is wearing) the same short permanent waves for years . Maybe Victoria believes, that a future (reigning) Queen has to choose a special hairdo for the rest of her life Maybe she´s thinking that on her coronation-day she will be asked "what is your motto...and what is the hairdo you´ve chosen?" So a ponytail forever???
Old 09-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Coming back to my favourite topic-the ponytail. After watching some pics of Queen Beatrix I had a terrible vision. Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrethe II and Queen Elizabeth II have all their "own characteristic" hairdo, which they wear most of the time. Beatrix has this "sugar"-fixed hairdo, Margrethe mostly wears her hair in a bun (IMO the most elegant solution) and Queen Elisabeth has worn (and is wearing) the same short permanent waves for years . Maybe Victoria believes, that a future (reigning) Queen has to choose a special hairdo for the rest of her life Maybe she´s thinking that on her coronation-day she will be asked "what is your motto...and what is the hairdo you´ve chosen?" So a ponytail forever???
A ponytail forever??? I hardly like the ponytail very much now when Victoria is 27 or so. I can't imagine a ponytail at 50 or 60 or 70!

I think you've stumbled onto something here Lena: Locked in hairdos for future queens. Now that you bring up this idea, I think it can be applied to all of the queens:

-a round bob for Queens Sofia and Elizabeth II
-a 'square' bob for Queens Paola, Sonja and Anne Marie
-a bun/chignon for Queen Margrethe
-helmut hair for Queen Beatrix
-shoulder length hair for Queen Silvia

I think really only Queen Silvia does different things with her hair now and then, such as pinning it up, in a bun or chignon, or straightening it or leaving it curly for various occasions. Most of the other queens don't style their hair otherwise.

This would be a real shame if Victoria followed in their footsteps hair wise ...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Victoria actually has the best teacher as mother (on the other hand who wants an advice from mum ). Queen Silvia has done great things with her hair in all the years. IMO she had the most beautiful and creative hairdos at Galas. And in the daily life she has experimented too and even now at 60 she has different hair lenghts and her hair is styled in different ways.

And then Victoria....sigh...I bet the only thing she will change is the hair colour. Instead of blond highlights, she will dye the (then) grey hair parts brown and will leave some grey parts.
And she even hasn´t a "ponytail-face". She also couldn´t wear very short hair (but actually a ponytail...especially when you have long heavy hair...looks like a short hairdo, because you can´t see all the hair, when you look at the front of the person). This all emphasizes her somewhat strong features (the chin).
And the ponytail looks so boring. But Victoria isn´t boring. She´s a lively person and she should dress lively and should wear her hair lively. A few inches shorter, so that it has more volume...a darker strong bright colour (e.g. Mahogany or chestnut) and that in combination with lively colours like red, orange, green, purple for her dresses. Victoria says she isn´t a follower of fashion and that she prefers a practical hairdo. But I don´t want her to be this (a "fashionista" and a girl, who spends 4 hours in the bathroom a day)! Shorter hair would be even more practical (the drying, in the gym) and a few sessions with an advisor, who determines colours and cuts, which go with her natural coloring and shape and in the future shopping would be easy.
Oh ETW, when you read this, please call us for help

Oh yes Alexandria, you´re right...the other Queens also wear the same hairdos...hmm, interesting...I wonder, why I haven´t noticed this before...maybe it´s because in most cases it fits perfectly to them (of course it´s also a question of age...except Rania all Queens are older than 50...and then women mostly wear shorter hair-> so the ponytail would be even more inappropriate)
Old 10-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Majesty

Hi Lena,
Thanks for the beautiful pictures of a beautiful young lady. I would also like to see Victoria with a nice upswept hairdo. I think that she would look terrific in some of Silvia's hairdos.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
O, my. I had just thought of Victoria with Beatrix´s hair. That´s something I don´t want to see. Well, maybe for a moment to laugh about it but that´s it!
Old 10-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Oh dear me! Not a ponytail forever! Please not a ponytail forever...I think I would go insane!:) I think with everything else she worries/thinks about maybe CP Victoria figures the ponytail is the easiest thing...no long hours in a hair chair, a little time to herself! Hopefully as time passes she will be more willing to style her hair a bit differently. I went through a phase where I had to have my hair down all the time, I couldn't stand it up, so hopefully (FINGERS CROSSED) this is just one very long phase!!! ...well one can hope at least!

Ciao for now!
Old 10-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
A ponytail forever??? I hardly like the ponytail very much now when Victoria is 27 or so. I can't imagine a ponytail at 50 or 60 or 70!

I think you've stumbled onto something here Lena: Locked in hairdos for future queens. Now that you bring up this idea, I think it can be applied to all of the queens:

-a round bob for Queens Sofia and Elizabeth II
-a 'square' bob for Queens Paola, Sonja and Anne Marie
-a bun/chignon for Queen Margrethe
-helmut hair for Queen Beatrix
-shoulder length hair for Queen Silvia

I think really only Queen Silvia does different things with her hair now and then, such as pinning it up, in a bun or chignon, or straightening it or leaving it curly for various occasions. Most of the other queens don't style their hair otherwise.

This would be a real shame if Victoria followed in their footsteps hair wise ...
Silvia is by far the best with hair.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 10-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86
But it looks like the pony tail will live on.
yes...but I´ve to say, that I´m now in my "ignore-the-ponytail-phase". No doubt the permanent-ponytail (does she ever put the scrunchies off?!) is terrible...but I don´t want it to dirty my positive image of Victoria. In the last couple of times it was so, that I´ve firstly spotted the ponytail (so as if it would be as big/great as a skyscraper) and then after a few seconds the princess, who was wearing it

Tags
crown princess victoria, hair, style