Diana - Style Icon of a Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: To say that it's a stretch is an understatement. Let's just say clothes equal Diana!

:previous: To say that it's a stretch is an understatement. Let's just say clothes equal Diana!

Stretch is putting it nicely :ermm: Not only do her clothes barely resemble Diana's style but it wasn't her 'style'. These are fashion trends from the 80's, that most women wore in the 80's. While Diana was stunning, and some of her gowns were to die for, her every day clothes were very much of the time. You look at photos and you can date them. There is nothing most people would take out of her closet and wear today, maybe in a few decades when they become 'vintage'.

Those 'frilly pie crust collars on blouses' look that was so popular when Diana was young might be coming back. I saw two very young women wearing them the other day in Melbourne. One even had a thin black velvet bow around the neck of the blouse. Of course they may have been just fond of vintage clothing but it also might be a coming trend!

Princess Diana's clothes were true elegance. I like the various bright colors she wore. Also I like how she sometimes wore a dress with a pattern like stripes or polka dots.

Back
Top Bottom