Crown Princess Mary's Skin Care and Beauty Regime

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And coconut oil. I still have family members who use it often. Once a month I deep condition my hair with Monoi Pitate. It smells divine and my hair is like silk after using it.

I'm not sure what kind of products Mary uses on her hair, but I do think she colors it. Sometimes it looks very very dark; other times it looks as if she has a red tint to it. If anyone knows what she uses please tell us.:)
how do you use the Monoi Pitate?

I'm not sure who it is you're asking, ashelen, but I have two facials twice a week and I get them done professionally. I pay around AUD $60 for each consultation. I, personally, don't mind paying more but it all comes down to what you're able to afford or willing to spend. There are many alternatives which don't cost as much and are no doubt quite good. I guess it's about hunting around and finding what's best for you're skin.

If you would prefer to do it yourself then I guess trial and error, but you can help you're complexion by drinking good amounts of water, moisturising (I use a good quality, oil free sunscreen) and having a well balanced diet.

Don't be disheartened though, as there's always something. Sometimes it takes time and finding the best solution isn't always easy, but if you persist then the outcome should be good...:flowers:
thank you so much, yes I was asking you, but i forgot to ckick the quote! i live in las vegas where is very dry so you can imagine, I found this black mask from the dead sea the brand is call Premier , it is very expensive if you buy it in the mall but i ofund a couple of websites in israel and in ebay too and you can buy it for a fraction of what they sell in the stores and it is good, I try their creams too, there are ok but i do not see the diference so I am looking for soemthing better, thank you so much for your answer. I need to find here a good place where I can have a facial! so long I don't do anything for my face!

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks great! Love her smile. And, yes, stress is a MAJOR factor in ageing someone. So, just imagine the stress of leading a public life, always on the go, two children, heavy make-up (when needed), sun damage...so many things out there now days that affect our skin. Though she still looks beautiful, you can tell she's aged a little if you compare pictures from before she married till now. But, who doesn't change physically in the course of a few years? We all do. It's human nature. Cheers!

I totally agree with you, RachelD! I think that Mary is just a stunning woman and is ageing well, if you want to call it 'ageing'. I almost prefer maturing.... Cheers back!

Mary looks younger than most women her age. And she definately looks better. I love the blouse. I don't agree it looks anything like American design or has anything to do with the election. It's by a Danish designer and a nice blouse. Stars are not exclusively American oriented. That blue is a fantastic color on her.

And I have to totally agree with you as well, Fashionista!! I hate repeating myself but that's the way I feel.

I respectfully disagree with you. When you look at some close ups of Mary, you can see that she has an enormous amount of wrinkles for a 36 year old and she really doesn't look good without her layers of pancake. The same goes for Maxima, that's a complete trainwreck without make up on.

I respectfully disagree with you. When you look at some close ups of Mary, you can see that she has an enormous amount of wrinkles for a 36 year old and she really doesn't look good without her layers of pancake. The same goes for Maxima, that's a complete trainwreck without make up on.

She doesn't wear anything near what could bescribed as "layers of pancake". That's an exaggeration if ever there was one, and as far as I know, a pancake is something you eat, not wear...lol.

May I (respectfully:flowers:) suggest that you carefully look at some close ups of Mary while she's doing an engagement?? Then you can see that there is an aaaaaaaawfull lot of make up going on..

May I (respectfully:flowers:) suggest that you carefully look at some close ups of Mary while she's doing an engagement?? Then you can see that there is an aaaaaaaawfull lot of make up going on..
I agree with you about that, esp about Maxima, who seems at times not to care... I think Mary's signs of ageing are also a result of tryng too hard to be the perfect princess/wife and mother. Personally I am 35, have 3 kids, a career and I don't have the creases she has. I don't have the stress she has, but also not the means to keep up my looks and figure. i personally think the hairstyle she has in those pics is very aging.

I don't think Mary has "wrinkles" per say. Her eyes crinkle at the corners because that's just her facial structure. They always did that. She wears more makeup that I like, but far from what I would call "pancake".

We should all enjoy our crown princesses now while we can; they are passing 35 and approaching 40, and don't have a lot of "young" years left. Look at how Alexandra changed at 40.

May I respectfully suggest :flowers: you acquire yourself an account with a photo agency so as to view their HQ pictures (as I have) where you'll see that the application of Mary's makeup is both even and relatively minimal. Can you see the makeup? Of course. But as a high quality picture you would expect as much.

May I respectfully suggest :flowers: you acquire yourself an account with a photo agency so as to view their HQ pictures (as I have) where you'll see that the application of Mary's makeup is both even and relatively minimal. Can you see the makeup? Of course. But as a high quality picture you would expect as much.
I am sorry, but I have to disagree. I've just looked at the Danish royal watchers website and made a close up of 2 pics, one when the Cpss left the hospital after giving birth to Christian, and the other of the opening of the Danish Parliament this year. The thing they have in common is that they were both during the day, and on both occasions, the Princess was (proffesionaly) made up, and you can practically scratch off the base with your nails. On casual days, (on holidays for instance) she doesn't over do it, but on official fuctions, she is many times over madeup. I have heard this comment from many old time royal watchers.

I have heard this comment from many old time royal watchers.

Well, that doesn't necessarily make the comment right:rolleyes:.

I don't think she is overdoing her makeup - not at all.

i think she looks fatanstic, the best of all CPs , i think she probably is the one who takes more care, her skin look like porcelein, she probably has profesionals doing her make up, she might have tons of make up but some time it doesn't show, probably becasue it is doen for o professional, she is the one i belive she has most help, with heair , stylie and make up . or at least good professional around her. when you compare her with maxima is not comparetation!

Well, that doesn't necessarily make the comment right:rolleyes:.

I don't think she is overdoing her makeup - not at all.

It does't mean that the comment is right, but it means that many people feel that way. And I am talking waaaay back (since 1995) I guess there's no accounting for tastes is there? What I call heavily made up, is beautiful to another. I only think she is overdone when she is proffesionaly made up during the day, at night she looks glamarous and fantastic:rolleyes:

I really like her makeup. Yes, it is obvious that she is wearing makeup, but IMO, it always looks really nice. I have yet to think that she looks overdone. Her skin is absolutely beautiful, and I am so envious of her.

You took the words right out of my mouth, sgl. Of Course she wears makeup, but it is not overdone. How I wish that my makeup looked as beautiful!!

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a little bit too much make up for a day or so after birth? zoom in if you want to see better.

Whats the deal with the shiny look in broad daylight? :ermm:You can be well made up, without exagarating, look at Princess Marie :whistling:

Sorry, here are better attachments to the post above:

Last edited by a moderator:
but it means that many people feel that way

Many? And you support this how? Some may find it, but many? I've not heard nor seen any sign of that myself. An overall minority of folk I would endeavour to say, and that hardly calculates as being 'many people'. Especially when considering the broader scope.

Also, the pictures you're trying to post don't seem to be working for some reason (?). One cannot click on them to view.

Many? And you support this how? Some may find it, but many? I've not heard nor seen any sign of that myself. An overall minority of folk I would endeavour to say, and that hardly calculates as being 'many people'.
I personally have read on various occasions, at differnt functions, people commenting that the Crown princess over does it where makeup is concerned, and to tell you the honest truth, I don't always agree with them, only on some occasions. You sound quite upset, I hope you are not taking all this makeup talk so personally, I did say it is all a matter of tastes.:) I am a little longer on the forum than you, and was a royal wathcher waaaay b4 I joined the RF, I have heard and read quite abit.

I personally have read on various occasions, at differnt functions, people commenting that the Crown princess over does it where makeup is concerned, and to tell you the honest truth, I don't always agree with them, only on some occasions. You sound quite upset, I hope you are not taking all this makeup talk so personally, I did say it is all a matter of tastes.:) I am a little longer on the forum than you, and was a royal wathcher waaaay b4 I joined the RF, I have heard and read quite abit.

Taking it personally? Why, because I disagree or question a statement? Ahh ok...:)

Your a little longer on the forum than I? Why because my join date is later than yours?..haha..as far as I'm aware you don't have to have been a member to have read the material. That comment is entirely void of relevance.

I think it's wonderful you were a royal watcher 'waaaay b4' you joined. I myself was a royal watcher way before I joined...not that any of this really matters when forming a credible opinion, I'm sure you'll agree.

Taking it personally? Why, because I disagree or question a statement? Ahh ok...:)

Your a little longer on the forum than I? Why because my join date is later than yours?..haha..as far as I'm aware you don't have to have been a member to have read the material. That comment is entirely void of relevance.

I think it's wonderful you were a royal watcher 'waaaay b4' you joined. I myself was a royal watcher way before I joined...not that any of this really matters when forming a credible opinion, I'm sure you'll agree.
You know, i think you are taking this way too personally, and even a little bit malcious in your response. All I meant to say is that I have been activen this forum b4 you, and yes, I have read comments about Mary using too much makeup, so what?! Does this justify you being sarcastic or mean spirited?:ohmy:

No, I'm entirely unphased by it. I assure you. I see not how my response, which is both clear and exact, could give the impression that I was upset...:)...There was no personal reference and I merely asked you a question. T'was you who made reference to me on the basis of supposition.

Being a registered member longer than I, has nothing to do with it, is what I meant also. I was reading this forum a long time before I joined, and I fail to recall having read anything which suggested Mary wears too much makeup. The odd comment from a poster perhaps...

Just differences of opinion, which is fine. And certainly exchanging opinions, and facts, and supporting those facts with plausible material contributes to the discussion.

There's nothing personal about it on my behalf. There very rarely, ever is.

Nice avatar by the way...:)

Nice avatar by the way...:)
I agree it is a nice avatar :flowers:

But Auntie, do you think it is possible for you to post some linkes to the pictures, you have attached, that functions?

I would like to se the pictures. In that way I might gain some understanding on your oppinion about CP Marys makeup - or I might not. But as long as I can't se the pictures I am lost in the dark :ohmy:.

Remember that we all have different opinions as to what amounts to 'a lot' and what 'too much' is.

I personally have only once thought that Mary was wearing to much make up. Sorry I cant remember when that was.

I, too, would like to see these pics that you speak of as I was not able to see them either, auntie. Sorry...

Sorry you can't open the links, I took them from the danish royal watchers, on the article of Prince Christian's 3rd b-day. One of the pics was a close up of her looking lovingly:wub: at her newborn baby, and the other is a closeup of her on the day of the opeing of the Danish Parliament. the 3rd was one of Marie and Mary side by side on that day, hence the comparisan, and imho I feel on that last picture,you can see how Mary's skin has aged.

I can't seem to get the link right, please google Danish royal watchers

Back
Top Bottom