Countess Stéphanie's Wedding Dresses (Civil and Church)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am waiting until Prince Felix marries Claire Lademacher next month before I redo my list. I suspect that Claire will be fantastic.;)

But one thing will not change...Stephanie's bridal gown will remain one of the Top Three. I still cannot believe she wore that beautiful creation so successfully.

Also, the Duchess of Cambridge will more than likely move onto my Top Ten at least. I was honestly never that impressed with her dress-I expected more from her- but it's growing on me. I had to watch it on video several times and it's indeed beautiful in a way that still photography does not capture.

I still think Mette Marit's dress was fantastic , it was beautiful in how simple it was and the train and veil alone took my breath away. I would t change anything about MMs dress but I would change 2 things about Stephanie's.

Not to put down the lovely wedding dress, but I prefer the clothing Stephanie has been wearing in recent pictures. On another thread, there is discussion of clothing worn at National Day and other functions. There are at least two cream colored outfits, one knee length (a coat open to a yellow dress) and the other a full length white suit worn in church. And one more cream colored one, I think. I wonder if these are designs of Weill, which people here have said she has patronized? They are so well fitted that they give an image of grace. Fluid. The wedding gown I didn't really like as well because it seemed heavy. It seemed to be pulling her back (it was probably mainly the train which did that). Too stiff. I like a wedding dress which has more movement and less stasis. It was a very formal occasion so I guess stasis is Ok. She was pretty then, she is elegant and mature now. If Weill is her designer, great job, Weill!

Casualfan, I just saw your post of some time ago, where you wondered if all my posts were going to be about high heels. No, I am more or less through with those posts. I realize these wealthy women must have access to miracle shoes which allow them to walk well in the stratospheric heels. I have accepted that royals will wear high heels until they are the ages of Anne and the Queen. I have given up complaining about that. I realize it's a boring subject.

I still think Mette Marit's dress was fantastic , it was beautiful in how simple it was and the train and veil alone took my breath away. I would t change anything about MMs dress but I would change 2 things about Stephanie's.

I agree. I thought Mette Marit's dress was beautiful.

While I really liked Stephanie's dress (it's definitely one of her best looks), I wasn't blown away by it. I thought the color was a bit off and it looked too much like the dress she wore for the pre-wedding banquet. Plus, Saab's gown all kind of look the same to me, so the dress just reminded me of all the other wedding dresses he has designed. It just didn't seem very original.

I did love the veil though. I thought it was stunning.

Agree, this dress was really quite fabulous - and it was aided immeasurably by the charm, sweetness and overall loveliness of the bride on the arm of her very proud (and handsome) brother. All the more impressive because she was coming off such a tragic sorrow with the death of her mother - who must have been part of developing the idea for the dress. Very poignant to think about.

I hope that the late Comtesse de Lannoy was able to see at least part of her youngest child's showstopper bridal gown before her sudden death. I read an interview with Saab after the wedding. He said that he met with Stephanie after the engagement(almost certainly through Maria Theresa) and Stephanie simply gave him some "ideas" about what she wanted. He then submitted several sketches to her, and he said it was Stephanie herself who chose the final design for her gown. The idea to include autumn leaves in the embroidery of the wedding gown and the dramatic veil was simply inspired....sooo beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom