The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Commoner

Did anyone else notice or was is just me that in the photo from Madeleine's 18th she is looking rather umm strangely coloured....? I thought royals could afford to have fake tan applied properly!! Especially when in comparison to her sister and mother it just looks blergh.

Very Hollywood style with the pale pink - why not emulate Gwyneth in that case. She managed an Oscar in her pale skin/dress combination.

QB xox

Old 11-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishme
lol..they even matched the shoes! all white! :p to bad carl philips jacket isnt the same gray colour as the king's
not to many others colours to choose from i guess

Old 12-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Felipe and Letizia: Fashion Match

The Princes combine their outfits

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia have the custom of combining the colors of their clothes: her dresses match his ties, as it happened at the wedding of Beltrán Gómez-Acebo and Laura Ponte, when Lorenzo Caprile's skirt was coordinated with the tie of Don Felipe.

No matter how does Doña Letizia deal with her wardrobe (it is the most possibly discreet, so that the attention is centered in their acts and words rather than the clothes), it is inevitable: letiziamania has reached the apogee. Since the engagement, each of her acts was submitted to a complete scrutiny, including her clothes, about which almost everything has been written. Letizia's fever began immediatly after the hand request, when hundreds of imitations of her famous white Armani were sold. And it is not an exageration, as even at the popular markets, the model was hung in every tent.

But this was just the begining. The chimney neckline (which she knows it's the one that better fits her, and for that reason she chose it for the most important days of her life: the one of her wedding and the engagement announcement) became a "must" in every closet. It was popularized to such an extent that there are already those who have re-baptized it as 'Letizia's neckline'.

And what to say about her haircut -- stepped and with tenuous blond wicks --, which can be seen in every corner and that has become the most solicited style in the hairdressing salons?

But, as we say, the princess has tried not to become a reference of the ultimate trends and she’s always dressed under a common denominator: simple and elegant; sometimes sober suits of jacket and in general without too many adornments. The author of most of them is Felipe Varela, who has become her main designer, signing the great part of her wardrobe. Faithful to Varela’s style - the most distant one from a fashion victim -, Doña Letizia has granted a complicity wink to Don Felipe.

The princes combine their clothes. They have done it in innumerable occasions, with a simple detail: the color of her outfits are coordinated with the one of his ties. And the most peculiar thing about this is that their characteristic complicity has already become a fashionable reference, judging by the amount of imitators that has appeared. Nowadays, it is not rare to see popular couples that have adopted this same trend.

The princes continue faithful to their custom, of which we offer here a sample; an anecdote that emphasizes the complicity between the couple. Now we'll see if Doña Leonor will also match the set...

http://www.hola.com/moda/tendencias/...pes_conjunto1/

Old 01-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Felipe and Letizia look great in those pictures. I like the matching outfits they wear, along with Frederik and Mary.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Fashion Matching Couples

Hi, I thought about starting a thread on the fashion matches of our dear royal couples, like ties for him and suits for her or couples that dress in the same way .

I'll start with my favourite couple (guess who ):

Source: Cover

I call this picture Cristina Adams and Iñaki Beckham
Old 03-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Felipe and Letizia
Casa Real
Old 03-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Looks there's a trend for the man on the SRF: wear their wives' suit color on their ties, I've even seen pics of Jaime and the King doing that, and for Felipe and Iñaki is almost the norm
Old 03-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness

Here are some of the King and Queen of Spain :)
(1-Getty & 2,3,4 cover)

How about some of the other Kings and Queens?
Old 03-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

great pictures but I don't know about the second one it doesn't seem a match for me
Old 03-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
great pictures but I don't know about the second one it doesn't seem a match for me
Thanks crisñaki! And if you look in some of the previous posts not all of the couples are co-ordinating completely..But I can see what you mean. Yesterday they looked the same colour to me
Old 03-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Thanks crisñaki! And if you look in some of the previous posts not all of the couples are co-ordinating completely..But I can see what you mean. Yesterday they looked the same colour to me
What I meant is that QS is wearing an red suit while KJC is wearing an orange tie in that picture, the other ones are perfect
Old 03-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Once again KJC has a matching tie with QS's dress:

Source: terra
Old 04-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

another good one of my fav couple :

Source: Polfoto
Old 04-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

And more from the Dukes of Palma:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1144099523
Terra, originally posted by lula for TRF
Old 04-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Source: hola, originally scanned by mtbcm for TRF

The King's tie is dark purple and the Queen's dress is light purple
Old 04-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Courtier

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5729...7C5022FB410D56

The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall!!!

Courtesy of Getty Images
Old 04-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think you can get as coordinated as that. Even the embroidery of the Prince's socks matches Camilla's beret.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yea that is very coordinated.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

yet another one of my fav couple:

Source: olycom
Old 04-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

I'm so sorry crisiñaki, but i need you'r help AGAIN!!!
Who are this people?:o

Tags
co-ordinating royal couples, co-ordinating royals