Christening favourite outfit for mums

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mette-Marit's beautiful outfit for Ingrid Alexandra. I liked all of Maxima's outfits.

All of Maxima's outfits at her daughters christenings were lovely choices but the best one goes to the one she wore at Amalia's.

did crown princess mary of denmark use the same hat for chistians and isabelles christning?

I love Marys at Christian's.My worst is Mette Marit at Sverre's.

All of Maxima's outfits at her daughters christenings were lovely choices but the best one goes to the one she wore at Amalia's.

:flowers::flowers::flowers: totally agree with you :dutchflag::rose:

This blog always has such fantastic posts!

My top five:
1. Maxima at the christening of Catharina-Amalia
2. Letizia at the christening of Sophia
3. Maxima at the christening of Alexia (although her headwear could have been a little more modest :lol:)
4. Mary at the christening of Vincent and Josephine
5. Mary at the christening of Christian

I wonder, are there any other pictures (more clear) of Letizia at the christening of Sophia?

I love Marie-Chantals outfit at the christening of Aristidis-Stavros!

I think queen Silvia was lovely at the christening of prinsess Madeleine 1982... (and the rest of the family too..) That blue (turkose) fits her perfectly
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
wow wonderfull pictures.
anyone here has the christening pictures of Victoria and CP? i saw a tiny pic years ago of Silvia in blue also for Victoria's christening.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Crown Princess Christening Looks

My top 5:

1.Mary at Isabella's
2.Maxima at Amaila's
3.Mary at the twins
4.Maxima at Alexia's (Minus the hat)
5.Mathilde at Eleonore's

Let's see if Victoria will change my list!

Victoria did change my list! :D Her dress replaces Maxima at number 2. Her pink dress was absolute perfection. The color, the cut, the design are exquisite. Love the shoes and hat also. Letizia's goregous white dress at Sofia's christening also replaces Mary at number 3.

Last edited:
one thing i loved about all of Mary's outfits at the christening of her kids is that she wore the same headpiece for all 3 ceremonies.

My list

1, Maxima at Amalia's
2. Mary at the twins
3. Victoria at Estelle's
4. Marie-Chantal & Letizia at Aristidis & Sofia respectively
5. Marie at Athena's

I re-did my list:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Crown Princess Christening Looks

Favorites:

1. Mary at Isabella's
2. Letizia at Sofia's
3. Victoria at Estelle's
4. Maxima at Amalia's
5. Maxima at Alexia's
6. Mary at the twins
7. Mathilde at Eleonore's
8. Infanta Cristina at Irene's
9. Marie-Chantal at Constantine's
10. Mathilde at Elisabeth's

Least Favorites:

1. Mette-Marit at Sverre Magnus's
2. Marie-Chantal at Aristidis-Stavros's
3. Maxima at Ariane's
4. Mathilde at Emmanuel's
5. Mary at Christian's
6. Letizia at Leonor's
7. Mette-Marit at Ingrid Alexandra's
8. Catherine at George's

I love the outfit Victoria wore to Eleonore's baptism..it was one of her best looks ever!:)

I like Victoria's and Mary's deep blue the best.

Last edited:
:previous: The thing that struck me most was that with Madeleine's hair up in a gorgeous updo and the elegant dress she wore looked amazing. Her updo was very lovely and the fascinator, with its deep magenta colour, looked amazing on her. I was also fascinated by the way the "feathers" of her dress stretched from gold to sage green to pale blue and back through the deeper colours ending at the bottom with the deep magenta of her fascinator. It really was an elegant dress and the fact she looked so good in even deep jewel colours was quite a surprise.

Comparing that to her too short, ill-filling, pink lace dress that was made shorter when holding her arms up and cradling the baby. Couple that with a thick, heavy fall of hair and a very unfascinating fascinator which was all but invisible but for the heavy half-face pink net all conspired to make her look overly dumpy and her dress unfashionable. The only redeeming featrure was her joy over the occasion.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/36cd01348b2d3b77fa9c7ca0625e5860/tumblr_nw24xsmKPl1tch55to1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Victoria's dress she wore at Oscar's christening is now one of my favorites.

Also, here is a collage of the outfits the Swedish royals wore at christenings:

All about royals — Royal swedish ladies in christenings

The best:

Victoria: Leonore's christening
Madeleine: Leonore's christening
Sofia: Nicolas's christening
Silvia: Leonore's christening
Estelle: Oscar's christening
Leonore: Oscar's christening

Victoria: My favorite is Nicolas' though Leonor's comes in a close 2nd
Madeleine: Oscar's (minus sleeves) followed by Leonor's
Sofia: Not a real fan of any, especially her super hero cape one at Oscar's. Toss up between Estelle's, and Nicolas'.
Silvia: Nicolas, though Oscar's in a very tight second, loved the shawl.
Estelle: definitely her brother's.
Leonor: again definitely Oscar's

Back
Top Bottom