Charlene Wittstock's Wedding Dress: Civil and Church Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I noticed the bodice and didn't see any body parts showing through. The bodice was darted and the darts never come off perfectly, even in couture. Remember Kate's cones?!

Last edited:
Yes I do...she has no boobs being that petite...

The only thing that bothered me about the wedding ceremony was how obviously hot and uncomfortable the guests were....all those fans waving made me sweat!

Albert's bald spot was shiny with sweat, and I have no idea how those priests in their heavy vestments avoided passing out.

The only person who looked Zen was Charlene....

Again a beautiful bride! Elegant, simple, stunning.
I liked the jewel in her hair a lot.
On TV you couldn't see the embroidery very good, but on the photo's you can, really nice.
She must have liked Victoria's dress because the shoulder part was a bit alike.

The dress was stunning the more Isaw of it the more I liked it. The veil was the most pefect I've ever seen.

Charlene's dress is definitely up there with Kate's, Maxima's & Mette-Marit's! Very simple & elegant! She did not disappoint! And the jewelry in her hair is the perfect topping for the elegant look she was going for!

I think Charlene's wedding dress suited her just perfectly

Thank you for that photo. It really shows the jewelling of the Princess' gown. It is really beautiful ...such teeny-tiny application.

Because of her demeanor and reverence at her wedding, she will remember every moment of their religious ceremony. It is a solmn event. They can "let loose" later at the party. A wedding ceremony is not a party.

As someone who attends mass it still possible to show reverence and love for your partner at once. I wish I saw it but I didnt not even when they were in the car. I am not speaking out of hate I would like nothing more than to see Albert happy.

Huh? I saw quiet a lot of touching moments?

uhm are you talking about the train? it was 20 metres.

20 metres?!? That would be the longest train ever!

For me Charlene was a beautiful bride.

Let them be happy and let them shine in their lifes!

Lovely dress, it would make my personal top 5 of royal wedding dresses. Charlene must have liked Victoria's dress last year, since the shoulder part and also the V cut on the back were very similar.

I loved her hair and the diamonds to the side, also her veil and the simpleness of her dress. The double train was too much and too gimicky for her elegant dress and it's a pitty her bodice was too big. If it was sewn smaller and tight fitting her boobs wouldn't look so saggy. Even fake breasts need bras and unfortunately with the darts in the front it also looked like her nipples were constantly hard.

Not my favorite dress but not the worst. I hope they're very happy but good lord their kissing is so akward. They can never hit each other on the mouth and her lips don't even pucker. Hope she didn't mess them up with all the lip fillers and botox.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/02/article-2010582-0CD68E7200000578-747_634x541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've thought that 20 metres is pretty long as well but this was said in the german tv and I've read it as well online. So dunno Lol 5 metres sounds more realistic :p Even though the train looked really long from above.

I still don't understand what is the point of having a really long skirt train AND a really really long train on top it. It's like she was trying to pull a Princess Diana and fill up the church aisle, or go for the longest train on record. Aside from the lengths of the trains, it's a lovely dress and one of my favorites (especially the embroidery).

I also read she would be wearing "ankle length pants". Far more lovely than described!

Am I the only one who thinks, that the neckline (frontside and backside) of the dress looks similar than on CP Victorias wedding gown?
Bye Bine

Am I the only one who thinks, that the neckline (frontside and backside) of the dress looks similar than on CP Victorias wedding gown?
Bye Bine

It is but I dont think Armani copied other people's ideas. The design is THE perfect way to deal with Charlene's broad swimmer shoulders. Anything else would look terrible on her, such as strapless or neckholde and long sleeves would have reminded of Graces' dress and it was too hot anyway.

It is but I dont think Armani copied other people's ideas. The design is THE perfect way to deal with Charlene's broad swimmer shoulders. Anything else would look terrible on her, such as strapless or neckholde and long sleeves would have reminded of Graces' dress and it was too hot anyway.

That´s true!
BYe Bine

It kinda disappoints me that CP Victoria looks much more impressive at the dinner than Charlene. It looks like she took some necklaces and looped it a few times around her hair. Why isn't she wearing a lovely tiara? The dress is nice but not outstanding. Expected more after I've heard that the royals are tacking out their tiaras. :p

I absolutely loved the detail on the bride's dress near the bottom...beautiful gown! Good luck to the new princess :lucky:

20 metres?!? That would be the longest train ever!

For me Charlene was a beautiful bride.

Let them be happy and let them shine in their lifes!

No, Princess Diana still holds the record for longest train....25 feet!:)

Civil wedding dress: from the waist up, it looked okay. A old school suit in a very flattering color for Charlene. Waist down - what was up w/ that nightgown harem pants? And the the lace peeking out of the suit sleeves really bugged me. Then again, looking at the guests, the dress code for the civil wedding was as confusing as Charlene's ensemble with many guests had issues with clashing outfits. Then she took off the jacket for the concert and the jump suit didn't look that bad. It was still a confusing look, but without the suit, it stood on its own surprisingly well.

Religious dress: Exactly what I had imagined Armani creating for Charlene - figure flattering to her shoulders, but very sleek, modern and sexy without being strapless. Could have used less embroidery, like having it just on the skirt or stopping at the waist instead of growing up the bodice. I agree with those that thought the cut or the fit of the dress was a fit off. The arm hole was cut too big or the bodice was too small to cover her arm pit. That bit of skin made the dress look a awkward. But overall, I thought the dress was the perfect sleek, modern and sexy wedding gown but still appropriate for a royal wedding.

Did not like Albert in that white uniform. First, he looks too similar to his bride in that color. Second, he's in hist 50s and doesn't quite cut the dashing figure he did in his youth. I guess there must have been some dress code for naval uniforms because almost all the royal men showed up in them. But white was probably not the most flattering color for his "matured" figure. Even the older King Gustav looked better in his uniform than Albert did.

Her hair was perfect on both days. Loved the jeweled hair piece. Not a tiara but equally stunning and perfect compliment to her dress and veil.

Last edited:
No, Princess Diana still holds the record for longest train....25 feet!:)

well feet and metres aren't the same thing :p 25 feet = around 8 metres I guess :p So never ever charlenes train was really 20 metres. It's more realistic that it was the 5 metres other sources said. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom