Charlene Wittstock's Wedding Dress: Civil and Church Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's dress. I don't like the Princess Di-length train, but I love the embroidery on the front.

It was Pallazzo pants, by the house of Chanel --- long floating pants which give the illusion of a floating dress. It is most appropriate to have a knee-length fitted skirt and embroidered but tailored jacket suit at the civil ceremony. It was not appropriate to have a LONG GOWN type of effect which is probably why she chose pants. Pants at either ceremony was also not appropriate and the house of Chanel must have had a request from her to create a different tradition. But I think some traditions should be stuck with because they are beautiful and show the grace of the roles of man and woman in the ceremony. It might be that she wished to exert her independence in this way, albeit inappropriate.

I hope they are happy.

The wedding dress is a disappointment for me. It looks like any dress for $100 off the rack at a sell-0ff store in Manhattan. There is nothing unique or outstandingly beautiful about it and she had a LONG time and a LOT of people at her disposal to create a wonderful new gown for her. I don't care if it was Armani -- he did not do justice for the occasion. It's like he pulled out an old standard design and slapped it together. She looks lovely, but it could have all been lovelier -- it was very disappointing. Especially after Charlene said she was surely going to outdo Kate and Will's wedding. Nuh-uh. The dress is dreadfully boring as has been today's wedding ceremony. And I wish someone would smile -- somewhere in that family tree. Solemn is one thing, miserable is another. :eek:(

Last edited by a moderator:
It reminds me of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's dress. I don't like the Princess Di-length train, but I love the embroidery on the front.

It also reminded me of CP Victoria's dress, but I thought it suited Victoria.
IMO, it did not suit Charlene, accentuating her wide shoulders (they looked even broader than Albert's) and making her slim figure look much thicker.

The dress is beautiful but it's the right dress on the wrong woman or something. :sad:

It also reminded me of CP Victoria's dress, but I thought it suited Victoria.
IMO, it did not suit Charlene, accentuating her wide shoulders (they looked even broader than Albert's) and making her slim figure look much thicker.

The dress is beautiful but it's the right dress on the wrong woman or something. :sad:

But that's how Charlene has been dressing in evening gowns - styles that accentuate her swimmer shoulders. I'm not really surprised she chose this style. I think she looks stunning. My only problem is with the two looong trains.

I agree the first thing i thogut it looks like Victoria dress!

Charlene looks GREAT, Armani is the master of elegant simplicity. I LOVE the hairdo with the stunning diamond piece that is holding the veil. Very stylish and simple, stunning.

The wedding dress is in my personal top 4 together with Victoria, MM & Maxima.

Her hair looked lovely. Not my favorite royal dress however.

The dress

I must admit that I like the dress. I think the neckline is flattering and rather pretty. The train was perfect for a princess, but really could have used more detail. The front had spearkle to it, although not enough because it looked very plain at first glance. TV cameras seem to wash out the details. Over all I think she did really well.... except for the double train... what was up with that?

It's a disappointment.
(I guess that's what happens when you expect something really spectacular.)

Well it took me forever to find a picture of her dress, and by the time I did, I can't help feeling disappointed. I mean gosh, the way people were going on about it in the wedding thread, I would have thought she would have worn something a lot more interesting and quite honestly, FABULOUS. That being said, it's a nice dress though it makes her bust look weird.

I don't know, I just looked at it and shrugged, so I guess that really says it all where I'm concerned!

I love the shade of white.
I really like her wedding dress...the only critique I'd give would be the top of the dress. It was a little boring IMO.

Charlene was one of the most beautiful brides ever!

Charlene looks GREAT, Armani is the master of elegant simplicity. I LOVE the hairdo with the stunning diamond piece that is holding the veil. Very stylish and simple, stunning.

I agree...I thought she looked almost too perfect...like a model. I kept studying her for flaws and came up empty.:lol:

The only thing I would have done different is I would have worn diamond earrings, but I think her stylist wanted nothing to compete with those spectacular diamonds woven into her chignon.

I especially loved the massive but elegant train and veil...unlike another recent Royal bride, Charlene's was equal to the occasion.:whistling:

BTW...Charlene never said she was going to "outdo" Kate and Will's wedding...I have no idea who made that foolishness up!

I am so tired of Kate and William, quite frankly...

Last edited:
I agree...I thought she looked almost too perfect...like a model. I kept studying her for flaws and came up empty.:lol:

The only thing I would have done different is I would have worn diamond earrings, but I think her stylist wanted nothing to compete with those spectacular diamonds woven into her chignon.

I especially loved the massive but elegant train and veil...unlike another recent Royal bride, Charlene's was equal to the occasion.:whistling:

I agree! Charlene looked spectacular. The simplicity of the dress worked with the environment that she was in. It seems like it will stands the test of time.

A lot of brides wear different shades of white...mother of pearl, eggshell etc. I love the shade Charlene wore it was almost a perfect white.

Last edited by a moderator:

She really did look beautiful. Very simple, classic, elegant, gorgeous!

I thought He and She looked great. Also, the attending European Royalty really did look wonderful. Empress Farah is such a model for beauty. Was Sheika Mosa there?

Before anyone takes my head off I would like nothing more to say other than these are two people in love enjoying the happiest day of their lives. But that is not what it looks like to me. I have never seen a couple look so uncomfortable together. Charlene looked so beautiful but so unhappy. I really feel for her. I also feel for Albert after waiting this long it would be nice to seehim happy.

What was the name of that hauntingly beautiful song those two women were singing inside St Devote Chapel where Charlene went to lay down her bouquet?

Charlene was really crying...it was the first time I have ever seen her cry like that.....

She appeared deeply moved whatever it was, but thank goodness she wore waterproof mascara!

Last edited:
Wow what a wonderful bride! Loved, loved, loved her Hair-do and the veil and I love that she didn't wore any jewellery so all eyes were on her beautiful diamond-flowers in her hair. The dress was indeed pretty simple but absolutely gorgeous and the train was very impressive (20 metres I've read anywhere??) And I've heard she had 80000 diamonds on her gown! Charlene is a beauty and I love that she choosed a simple dress and not a dress with lace, that really shows that she's truly herself and she's not trying to copy gracia patricia. Next to CP Victoria she was definitely the most stunning bride. Also loved her simple make-up. She seriously couldn't have done better. :) But I hope to see some better pictures of her dress and ring soon to see the details. :)

Well, she applied the "KISS" method: Keep it simple. The gown wasn't anything new.
But why fix it if it won't work?

MYROYALS: WEDD

Gorgeous! I love it- elegant and just perfectly fitted. Wonderful, for sure one of my top three......he looked good too :) but she did look stunning and I love how she wore her veil

Thank you for that photo. It really shows the jewelling of the Princess' gown. It is really beautiful ...such teeny-tiny application.

Before anyone takes my head off I would like nothing more to say other than these are two people in love enjoying the happiest day of their lives. But that is not what it looks like to me. I have never seen a couple look so uncomfortable together. Charlene looked so beautiful but so unhappy. I really feel for her. I also feel for Albert after waiting this long it would be nice to seehim happy.

Because of her demeanor and reverence at her wedding, she will remember every moment of their religious ceremony. It is a solmn event. They can "let loose" later at the party. A wedding ceremony is not a party.

Now THAT is a beautiful wedding dress. And Charlene looks stunning, simple and classy. Just wonderful.

I never noticed all those tiny diamonds sown into the bodice of the gown...TV doesn't really do it justice. From front and back views it is really, truly magnificent.

Armani RULES is all I can say.

I agree with KittyAtlanta...a wedding ceremony(particularly a Catholic High Mass celebrated in front of the papal nuncio with the world watching) is no place to let loose.

The fact that they whispered frequently and even held hands at one point during the ceremony was touching in itself.

It amazes me how we see the same things differently...

Last edited:
HSH Princess Charlene's dad looked like he was in agony half the time.. was that his shoes or what?And yesterday he did not look the happy camper either.Regarding the wedding dress is it my imagination or was HSH Princess Charlene not wearing undergarments? Maybe had to do with Armani's design......The gown was cut on the bias i think......so very few know how to do that these days and CW had lost a lot of weight without ruining her glowing face.

I'm sure the Princess's father was probably really suffering in the heat in his suit. He didn't look well at one point, but seemed to pull out of it.

As for undergarments, true couture clothing is always presented with proper undergarmets and should be worn only with those undergarments, or support/enhancement in all the right places is engineered into the garment. I think Charlene's gown had interior corseting.

Now, I'll have to get busy building my book of Monaco's fabuluous 21st century wedding.

Last edited:
Did you notice the bodice..? Looks as if she worn no bra..look closely...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom