Changes: What should some of the royals do?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pollyemma said:
while I adore Princess Maxima's style, she often wears shoes that are extremely pointy. it makes her feet look big. I'd love for her to wear shoes with more graceful, natural lines.
I'm with you on that one! I usually don't like her shoes!

Next to that I would really love to see Mabel got rid of the bows (for herself and little Luana) and the dark lipstick.
And W-A shouldn't wear that hideous shirt he wore at the polo game in Argentina (nor something like it...). The same goes for the very ugly red or orange trousers I saw him wearing during various events.

sesa said:
Prss Victoria-Shorten her hair so that she would not have enough to put in the pony tail. Soft layers around the face with a few highlights to soften her hard chin and bring out her eyes. Also, so new glasses. Wear clothes with more color to it. More earth tones to brighten up her complexion. And some powder to tone down her shineyness.

Hard chin? Aww. But it's so cute. Yes, bring out the eyes. Not literally, of course. Her shineyness? Hmm. I thought that was a good thing. Maybe I didn't think of her being too shiney. I don't know.

crisiñaki said:
That's exactly what I'm saying go Dennism!!!

Well, it was well-said then. :D

Yes there is a special lady named ingrid sue who comes to all the palaces before an engagment is announced and spreads her fairydust and voila we have a princess. All the royal ladies get makeovers. They have too. They need to play the part of a royal and looking like one is a big part of it. Some transformations are obvious, like Camilla and Mary, others are not, like Letizia. Leitizia was in the public eye before getting married and was already established. She didnt really need a makeover.

Who needs to change what???

Princess Haya needs to change pretty much everything :eek:

Rania is attractive, but you're right Lizz70, she's not stunning, I think the old addage less is more probably applies here, I think she looks better when she's toned down a bit.

Poor Sophie Rhys Jones, whoever her stylist is needs to be sacked! Nowdays, even Camilla looks more stylish than her:eek:

Am I attractive, I totally agree with you about poor Sophie, Countess of Wessex. She is a young woman who could look so much more stylish and 'with it'. we all know her husband has big tantrums and doesn't like it if he is not the centre of attention, so maybe she does it so she doesn't outshine him.

Rania wears too much makeup and i think she is just gorgeous with a whole lot less. That sort of glossy 'Vogue front cover' look in makeup and clothes is to much and i feel sometimes detracts from the work she is trying to do. This is one of the reasons she is so popular in the West a) she spends so much time here b)is always on some magazine cover or other and c) because of the way she looks. People didn't rant and rave about her beauty when she was just a princess - sure they acknowledged she was pretty but they didn't o wild about her. If she was a plain jane, people wouldn't credit her with half of the positive attributes that they do.

Princess Haya has married into a family where more is more, so I am surprised she has kept it so low key with her makeup etc. Heavy eye makeup and lipstick is de rigeur in the Gulf states. Lets see what happens there.

Dennism said:
Hard chin? Aww. But it's so cute. Yes, bring out the eyes. Not literally, of course. Her shineyness? Hmm. I thought that was a good thing. Maybe I didn't think of her being too shiney. I don't know.

I'm with you. her chin is adorable!

crisiñaki said:
I think I have found the trademark of the European Queens: THE HAIR STYLE. If you have been paying attention Queen Silvia, Queen Sofía, Queen Beatrix, QEII, Queen Paola, QMII (even if I'm not really sure about this one) have been having the same hairdo for at least 20 years!!!

Queen Sofía once said that the only thing that was out of discussion about her image was her hair:) (don't remember where I read it, so please don't ask)...

what do you think?

I am very convinced you are right about that.

Years ago my hairdresser draw my attention to that in a conversation we had about the coiffure of Queen Fabiola, an other good exampel of your thesis I think.

It is often said that the hairdo of Queen Beatrix is specialy designed for her. The say that the hairdo in cohesion with the fact that she almost always wears a hat in public are ment as a symbolic crown. True or not, it makes it easyer to recognise her that way (in a crowd).

About Letizia; she's beautiful, but she doesn't have a style, she looks like a walking advertisement of Armani Suits for Executive Women. Letizia needs to find a style of her own and quick because everybody is slaughtering her fashion sense...

Princess Letiza does have style.

She may feel more comfortable wearing suits thus that is her style. Many may not like it nor appreciate it, but Princess Letizia obviously feels at ease and that is what matters.

Queen Rania needs to tone down a bit, she's way too much in everything: clothes, makeup, jewelry (remember that horrendous emerald tiara:eek: ?). Most times less is more and someone should tell her that.

Mette-Marit: she has a very sporty personality and air about her, but sometimes even Marius dresses more royal than she does, i'm not saying she has to become the Scandinavian Grace Kelly, but she needs to glam up a bit.

I don't think the Queens should change their helmet hair, in Beatrix's case it's even a matter of national identity!:rolleyes::D

Infanta Elena is very glamorous when it comes to clothing but she doesn't do anything with her hairdo and makeup, she should wear her hair in different styles like her sister does.

Zara Phillips: please cover up!, I'll be embarrased if I ever show to my grandma in outfits like hers!

Thankfully it seems like Mabel has gone out of the bows obsession, but we have to wait for her child's christening to be completely sure.

CP Victoria is wearing amazing clothes lately but she needs to get rid of that forsaken ponytail!

P Caroline: excellent clothes, tacky jewerly

Sophie of Wessex: She needs a dose of pizazz. She's a lovely woman but so boring boring boring. She needs to ditch the navy and neutrals, some livelier colors would be nicelike bright pinks and blues and red. She also needs some new and colorful jewels, some emeralds and rubies and I mean big pieces.

Letizia: I really, really like her but she needs to gain about 10 to 15 lbs because she looks like a skeleton. I mean a very well dressed and lovely skeleton but a skeleton none the less.

Rania: See Letizia above!

Mette-Marit: Needs to wear more makeup. She often looks so washed out in photos.

Maxima: Her clothes need to be more streamlined. If you wear loud colors then the designs had better be simple or you had better be really svelt. I don't like the big bows and ties she sometimes wears around her neck. I think her weight is just fine--she looks healthy and happy.

Okay, I'm done:rolleyes:

Maxima: I love you but she's been wearing a lot of tweed lately. :D

Rania: Too much make-up! She's one gorgeous woman but all that eyeliner and lipstick covers it up.

Victoria: Has made a HUGE improvement in the last two years. She even stopped wearing her weird glasses for her past couple of engagements! But yes, the ponytail....this might take a little longer to get out of her.

:)

Since Everybody has been dying to hear my two cents: (and I know you all have been hehehe):D
Matilde: Dress your age! She is what, in her early thirties? She dresses much older than she is and it is a shame since she is so pretty. Some softer or even some more casual outfits would be nice for her.

Maxima: Thank goodness for a royal woman who Eats!! She looks like a regular human like the rest of us who are not size 2 or size 0 like most of the other princesses seems to be. She has a natural shape and she is lovely. She dresses well for formal events and could maybe up it a little for the daytime events. And she defineatly should stop smoking, most importantly for her health and the health of her family.

Mary: Mary is lovely. She chooses nice clothing that fits well, and she wears it all very well. She looks comfortable in anything, from jeans to evening gowns and tiaras. She is the most natural seeming of all the princesses.

Rania: More colors would be nice, and a lot less black.

Letizia: EAT!! Her facial features were so much softer and prettier when she weighed more, like when she was a reporter and when she was pregnant, and she looked so much nicer, not so harsh and unapproachable. She also needs to at least experiment with something that is not a pants suit. Yes, she looks good in them, but she also looks lovely in other outfits. And maybe even a little bit more casual-ness in her look would keep her from looking stiff or boring. She has an amazing sense of style, and I just would like her to put that to better use, rather than sticking with the same old-same old.

I thought of what CP Matilde's fashion reminded me of. She's our royal 'soccer mom!!'

I wish HMQ Rania would gain more weight, a relative of one of my freinds works in her office and she says that she is sooooooooooo lovely without make up , her eyes are so nice like a gazzele but all the heavey lebanese like make up " especially when outside jOrdan or in offecial dinner parties "covers her reall beauty ....a soft looking person like her and with beautiful Arabic eyes do not need that ..amount as for us here in Jordan : we do not see her westernized ..i wonder where do some here got their information from :confused:?!!!!!

Lalla Salma of Morocco is a beauty but she should have a haircut or another hairdo.

crisiñaki said:
I don't think the Queens should change their helmet hair, in Beatrix's case it's even a matter of national identity!:rolleyes::D

I agree, Beatrix just would not be Beatrix without her teased out, hairsprayed explosion of hair ... besides they can't print new money if she goes through new hairstyles every few months.

PreDoc said:
I agree, Beatrix just would not be Beatrix without her teased out, hairsprayed explosion of hair ... besides they can't print new money if she goes through new hairstyles every few months.
:) :) :) :)

As the queen isn´t on the money here [only on the coins], that would not be such a big problem. But we are so used to te hairdo, maybe we can´t recognise her without it, that would be a problem!:) :)

And finaly, if we like it or not it, always gives us something to talk about, so it is very functional.:)

Last edited:
1. Letizia wears more different dresses than recently.
2. Royal ladies should wear less a kind of wide hat (similar kind of sombrero) then people who come to greet them can see their face clearly.
3. Less make up for Lala Salma (and also for others Marocaine royal ladies)
4. Madelinne has less suntan
5. I would like to see Queen Beatrix in different hairdo, at least different hairdo in gala events....

Last edited:
Has any of the royal ladies done what you all have suggested? Have some become even worse in the way of makeup and style?

Lala Salma often appears with lighter make up while she is on duty than before (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f74/princess-lalla-salma-picture-thread-10092-3.html, esp. post no.42) She looks prettier with that light make up even though a heavy make up still ok for her while wearing a colourful traditional Moroccan caftan and for evening event.

Lala salma also appeared in different hairstyle in same occasions, she looked nicer with those hairstyles IMHO.
The only one I realy doubt willing to try changin her style is Queen Beatrix, she seems to be very comfortable with her “helmet” style then I don’t think she would change to other style:closedeye.

galuhcandrakirana said:
5. I would like to see Queen Beatrix in different hairdo, at least different hairdo in gala events....

Me too, but she wears the same oversprayed hairdo since the 60s...and it doesn't seem to be changing any sooner... :wacko:

Verde Esmeralda said:
She actually looks barely alive!

I agree. Her skin is quite pale. Some more color is needed sometimes.

Queen Rania – have a hair cut, get rid of the belts, jackets & hair bands
P.Letizia – try new outfits, wear abit more of print, dresses & cut back on the suits, wear abit of make-up, blush or a shimmer lipstick
P. Mette-Marit – wear more flattering outfits, add color to the wardrobe, change her hair style ( pony tail or a braid would be nice, hair bands etc) & make-up wont hurt
P. Haya – hair color should be darker, right make-up (tends to looked washed out) she needs flattering pieces & some hats for royal ascot ( she could do much better than classic boring hats she’s worn in the past)
Lalla Salma – play more with the hair.
P.Maxima - cut back on the blush, take care of the hair when stepping into public, play more with the hair, skirts just below the knee would look better than above the knee imo.

Changes: What should some of the royal men do?

Well, there is a similar thread for the ladies and I thought why not one for the men since some definitely could approve their appearances. Just a few thoughts:

Fred: Wear better tailored suits and get rid of the shiny ones he has in his wardrobe, show a bit more sense of fashion re colours and ties (Mary, where is your influence please???)

Felipe: Impeccable dresser when on duty, suits or uniforms look brilliant on him but his casual wardrobe ... very old fashioned jumpers, shoes and those white pants ... get rid of it please

Willem Alexander: He should see Maxima's dentist and ask for a makeover

Haakon: He could do a lot more, usually looking a bit sloppy and boring

Others come to my mind: Jaime de Marichalar with his very own to very special style, same for Ari Behn ... sometimes a bit too much :lol:

Looking forward for your contributions ;)

Intresting thread !!

Frederik - please please please get rid of the red pants :shock:

I like it!

Haakon and Phillipe - start exercising to loose your tummies:D

Has any of the royal ladies done what you all have suggested? Have some become even worse in the way of makeup and style?
It appears that Infanta Elena is reading the boards lately. She's not wearing the "braid" as often as before and looks a little more relaxed and happy this year.

It appears that Infanta Elena is reading the boards lately. She's not wearing the "braid" as often as before and looks a little more relaxed and happy this year.

Imagine that. O, the power we could have if only Elena was reading the boards! We could improve the fashion styles of the royals! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom