Changes: What should some of the royals do?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by wymanda@Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:02 pm
I would prefer Letizia to wear skirts & dresses more often. She always seems to be wearing pants.
Yes, she does wear pants a lot. However, if think that Letizia wears pants suits very well and in general wears pants better than skirts. She is an attractive person, so it is hard for her to look horrible regardless of what she wears, but she definitely looks better in pants than skirts, IMO.

I was thinking about this on Monday, and perhaps one of the reasons she prefers to wear pants and pant suits is becuase skirts and dresses seem to shorten her already small frame.

raven

Originally posted by Jacqueline+Apr 16th, 2004 - 9:53 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jacqueline @ Apr 16th, 2004 - 9:53 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wymanda@Apr 15th, 2004 - 7:02 pm
I would prefer Letizia to wear skirts & dresses more often. She always seems to be wearing pants.
Yes, she does wear pants a lot. However, if think that Letizia wears pants suits very well and in general wears pants better than skirts. She is an attractive person, so it is hard for her to look horrible regardless of what she wears, but she definitely looks better in pants than skirts, IMO. [/b][/quote]
Maybe I'm old fashioned but IMO pants aren't really "Princess wear". I feel she looks to casual and to much like a newsreader. She really needs to change her image and leave the news behind.

Hm...I was really thinking, what I would change at "our" princesses...and I really had a few thoughts...some of them could do more with their hair, and some should do less, some could gain some weight, and some could loose a bit (What about a "fat-transfer" ;) ), some could wear more glittering clothes, and some could dress down a bit... but then I thought, that this wouldn´t work...The style every single of these ladies has chosen, is HER style. If they would try something different, they were asked for, they would feel "disguised". And I´m sure you would see (or rather "feel") then, that they aren´t comfortable...

Originally posted by ravenprincess@Apr 15th, 2004 - 9:45 pm
I was thinking about this on Monday, and perhaps one of the reasons she prefers to wear pants and pant suits is becuase skirts and dresses seem to shorten her already small frame.

raven
This is highly likely. There are many petite women who do wears skirts, however I know quite a few women who are petite who tend to wear pants a lot, especially with heels. Long pants, especially those with a slightly flaired leg tend to make one appear taller when paired with a heel.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but IMO pants aren't really "Princess wear". I feel she looks to casual and to much like a newsreader. She really needs to change her image and leave the news behind.

I agree that it is old-fashioned to say that pants are not Princess wear. Twenty years ago, perhaps, but it is the 21st century and Letizia is definitely a modern young woman. Princesses these days wear pants. I can't think of one that I haven't seen wearing a great pants suit.

The truth is that Letizia wears pants well and I don't think that many of the Princesses spoken of here should change their personal style. It is obvious that many of these women have already developed their own personal style and frankly some of the suggestions would not suit their personalities or body types. If many of them were to attempt to do some of the things mentioned here, the results would be quite ridiculous. Sometimes some people are better off looking casual. Not in casual in the sense that they are going to have lunch with a friend at an outdoor cafe, but in casual in the sens that they aren't too fussy and that they stick to very tailored and clean lines. The wonderful colors, flowers, and jewelry of Maxima are absolutely gorgeous on her, even some of the changes in her hair. However, Mette-Marit would look like a clown if she attempted such a thing. It's not her. Some may like to see her increase her hairs volume, get a very stiff style, or even add dome curls, but she would look outrageously ridiculous. It is isn't her. She doesn't need much to look well.

Some are also better looking more formal. For instance, Mathilde of Belgium has often been criticized for not choosing more youthful clothing. Well, I agree that she wears clothing that is more mature than some individuals her age, the truth is that it suits her. Mathilde is a formal woman. Her choice of clothing suits her personality and she balances the formality with great color choices. She really doesn't need to change a thing.

Some people may not have noticed this, but Letizia and Mette-Marit really have the same style and they tend to address their clothing in the same way. Letizia is also someone who can not carry off a look that is too formal or made up. She should always stick to clean lines and never wear too many accessories. I disagree that the pants suits are too casual on her. They really work for her. Granted that Letizia does look nice in skirts, pants still suit her as well. There are very dressy pants suits in the world and the white one that Letizia wore for the announcement of her engagement wasn't the least bit causal. It was a stunning suit. She doesn't appear to look casual as though she was on her way to the beach. She is always polished, but not fussy. Mette-Marit is the same. She looks wonderful, but not as though she has overdone it.

I don't think that the pants really have anything to do with Letizia's career in broadcasting. Unless a journalist is on assignment, how often do we get to see their pants or skirt? Even when they go on location, we sometimes only see the top half of them. I think that Letizia wears pants because she likes them. Imagine that? Wearing what you like and what makes you feel comfortable? I also don't think that journalists universally are very casual people. Journalists are part of a very superficial business when we speak of those who have to spend some time in front of the camera. They are usually quite well groomed at all times unless on a very special assignment. From looking at photso of Letizia taken at work, she was definitely one of the well-groomed.

Pants for women have evolved over the years, and they are no longer as causal as they once were for lying around the house or doing chores. Yves Saint Laurent definitely took pants which were considered to be very casual for women to wear to an ultimate level. I think of a few women in my life who are very happy about that.

Originally posted by Jasl@Apr 15th, 2004 - 9:31 am
Wow, everyone's really into this topic that I think I will just be saying what's already been said, but here goes:

Maxima: Really carefree and open and approachable. However I think I would like it if she went back to her brunette hair colour. This dyed blonde hair and what looks like a tan just looks like she's a beach babe/ Florida retiree. Of course only my opinion, but she looked lovely and softer when she had brown hair.

Mary: I like Mary and she's about the only one I can look at and say "wow, I can do that". I think she does a lot of mixing and matching with her old/new pieces. However, she does have thin upper lips (not her fault) which contributes to the sometimes haughty look. Also, perhaps her eyebrows are a bit too severe. Overall though, I think Mary is one of the most stylish and IMO will be a great trendsetter and ambassador for Danish fashion.

Mathilde: Just brilliant- the Grace Kelly of the current princesses :flower: . She's just so lovely, and I think her gowns are very elegant indeed. I actually don't think her gowns are too conservative, they are just well tailored.

MM: Absolutely adore MM's toned down style, but sometimes I think she could blow everyone away if she had been a bit more dressier, perhaps even like Mathilde's style. I think Mathilde's style would look good on MM.

Letizia: Letizia has the pantsuit thing down pat - she rules in this area IMO. However she wears them too much. I've seen her around only twice in skirts since the engagement, and she hasn't looked very comfortable in any of them. I think she's got a lovely face though one that can sometimes look harsh (especially her jaws which can look quite manly sometimes). However, if people say its because she's got lovely bone structure, then I'll believe that too!

Alexandra (of Denmark): I love Alex's elegance, for what she is, but for the most part, it has nothing to do with the clothes she wears. I'm not a fan of some of her outfits, especially those jacket/skirt combinations she always wears for her appearances. However, for the most part I love Alex's gala gowns - no objection there (except maybe one or two)!

... I didn't realise there were so many princesses to comment on but I think I need a rest :blush:
I totally agree with you here.

Maxima- my thoughts exactly. I love her smile. Not much should be changed

Mary - true again - i like her style - she's well dressed, certainly knows how to mix & match clothes. And looks good in them, well with a body like that ;) However, she's too poised and may look unnatural sometimes- im not suggesting she should imitate Maxima but a little lesson from Maxima about spontaneity and how to look warm & approachable ;)

Mathilde - very elegant and yes, I don't think she is very conservative with her gowns- they just have the right cut and she wears them just right. Ya maybe the Grace Kelly of the present princesses

MM- i always love MM's clean cut style- always love her simple&elegant style

Letizia - I agree

Alexandra- Her gowns are very princessy, tho lately she lies low in her choices, maybe thinking 'i'm 40 now'. luv her

The FIRST thing I would change about any royal lady are Princess Laurentine's eyebrows. They are horrible. They need to be bleached and shaped. They are so dark that it makes her face look, too, masculine. Her eyebrows by far the worst feature of any royal lady.

HM Queen Rania Al-Abdullah - gain some weight....tone down press...and dress way more modestly for an Arab queen. The Jordanian's are upset with her Westernization since she became Queen (remember she wasn't like this as Princess) and curtail the spending or else wear more Jordanian clothes like Noor did.

HRH Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau - I think her weight is fine. I do think she could use teeth whitening fromt he smoking and a laser peel to help with her sun damage. She certainly needs to be wearing UVA/UVB sunscreen on her face each day.

HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway -She has terrible posture/carriage. She sometimes looks hunch backed because she slouches so bad. She also needs to get a stylist - quick. I don't mind casual, but I think she is messy not casual. I have a picure of her in a sweater with a shirt on under and the undershirt is all hanging out from under the sweater and wrinkled up. Not classy at all. She needs to wear make-up that makes her look more womenly. I think her face tends to look masculine when not made up properly. And, if you are going to dye your hair blonde you could at least keep the roots touched up.

HRH Princess Madeline of Sweden - Get out of the sun. Does she not understand what she is doing to her skin. She is starting to look leathery, already. She'll look 30 at 25 at this rate.

HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden - I like her just the way she is.

HRH The Princess Royal - Anne has great features. I like her hair, but I think even when it is up that it looks frizzy. I think if she treated it with some super conditioner and some calming balm it would look 100% better. Also, I think she wears it too puffy if she is going to wear the bun forever she should wear the front closer to her head. No more blue eye shadow, either. I hate this on any women. It is tacky. Her clothes are still 70s and 80s. She just needs to modernize and update her closet. Teeth whitening, plz.

Miss Zara Phillips - Stop over plucking your eyebrows, please. And, sunscreen. Also, a push-up would make her clevage look firmer with less of the sag factor. Otherwise she is simply a gem.

HRH The Duchess of Brabant - Mathilde is a gem, but I just want her to dress younger.

HSH Princess Stephanie of Monaco - Sunscreen, plz. She has a fantastic body I jus wish she wouldn't show so much of it. She could use a few highlights. She sometimes looks more trailor queen than Princess. No more leather, peek-a-boo shirts, sheer tops or minis, or thongs on the beach!!

HRH The Princess of Hanover - for some reason Caroline thinks anything with a designer lable is automatically elegant. Most of her gowns in resent years have been an eyesore, IMHO. I think she needs to wear more simple and elegant than overdone with designs and colors. She is really starting to look older than she is - stop smoking get some sun screen...........Water, moisturizer, sunscreen...the 3 most important beauty aids. She always seems so cocky - she'd drown in the rain.

I think the whole British royal family needs to have teeth whitening. It must be all that tea. The QM had the worst teeth ever.

HRH The Countess of Wessex - Bleach those teeth. No more pink lipstick. Her suits/dresses aren't cut well for her body type. The length of her skirts make her legs look thick. Also, she has soooooooooooo many wrinkles around her eyes she needs to take action now. Sunscreen and her's are so deep I would even recommend botox. She also needs a better coverage foundation.

One thing I always hated about Diana, Princess of Wales was her eyeliner. It was always too thick and too dark.

Sarah, Duchess of York also needs to tone down the eyeliner. She has fantastic porceline veeners, though. Those aren't the teeth she had while she was royal, but I think her veeners are beautiful. I love the perfect soap opera teeth. If you can afford them and you need them by all means get'em. She probably has 250,000 in dental work. I also thinks he should think about some brown highlights working toward making her hair a light brown with dusty red highlights. Tweeze the chin hairs please!

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Apr 19th, 2004 - 12:51 pm
Miss Zara Phillips - Stop over plucking your eyebrows, please. And, sunscreen. Also, a push-up would make her clevage look firmer with less of the sag factor. Otherwise she is simply a gem.
HRH The Countess of Wessex - Bleach those teeth. No more pink lipstick. Her suits/dresses aren't cut well for her body type. The length of her skirts make her legs look thick. Also, she has soooooooooooo many wrinkles around her eyes she needs to take action now. Sunscreen and her's are so deep I would even recommend botox. She also needs a better coverage foundation.

Sarah, Duchess of York also needs to tone down the eyeliner. She has fantastic porceline veeners, though. Those aren't the teeth she had while she was royal, but I think her veeners are beautiful. I love the perfect soap opera teeth. If you can afford them and you need them by all means get'em. She probably has 250,000 in dental work. I also thinks he should think about some brown highlights working toward making her hair a light brown with dusty red highlights. Tweeze the chin hairs please!
Zara dresses like a tart! Something a little more conservative would turn her into a stylish lady.

Countess of Wessex - Don't you know the evils of botox!! Not very royal either. At least her face has character and she doesn't look like a wax dummy.

Sarah - Her auburn hair is her crowning glory. Why would she want to cover it up and go brown?????????

I think Zara dresses her age for the most part. I don't like the dress she worn to the 16-24 ball I thought it was much but I think she is otherwise nicely fitted. I've never seen her look like tart.

Sarah's hair has been brightened much since she first hit the radar. It is more carrot red now than auburn. She just needs to tone it down - even if just with a darker (not brighter) shade of red.

Wrinkles are just wrinkles I don't think they add character. If she doesn't over do the botox she won't look like a plastic head. She really needs to take some preventitive steps to stave off a major overhaul later on. She is just looking to old. Perhaps some good sunglasses would help witht the squinting.

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Apr 19th, 2004 - 1:36 pm
I think Zara dresses her age for the most part. I don't like the dress she worn to the 16-24 ball I thought it was much but I think she is otherwise nicely fitted. I've never seen her look like tart.
Didn't you see the one shouldered, side slit Ascot number..... definately tartwear.

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Apr 19th, 2004 - 12:36 am
Sarah's hair has been brightened much since she first hit the radar. It is more carrot red now than auburn. She just needs to tone it down - even if just with a darker (not brighter) shade of red.

I agree. At one point, she started looking very blond to me. I would like to see more red highlights. I thought she had a wonderful shade of red hair when she and Andrew were married.

Ohhh, love this topic....
Mette Marit needs a makeover. Her hair is nice and she has a beautiful face, but her clothes yuck! She needs to smarten up for official functions. The outfit she wore to Ingrid's christening fit poorly, and made her look fat, and that hat. It looked like someone stuck a dead bird on her head. But she is so pretty, she could have a real grace kelly quality to her if she tried.

Maxima looks great, but she has to be careful of loud prints which can overwhelm her. I think if she went with short hair she would look too fat in the face. I think her weight is good though. I love her jewelry and color choices.

Matilde, would look better in less fussy, sleeker clothes. She does dress a bit on the matronly side. Solid, bright, warm colors would look great on her.

Rania, looks great, but sometimes wears too much runway clothes. Instead of buying straight from designers each season she should look into a personal tailor.

Letizia, haven't seen enough of her yet to comment.

Anne of England needs to cut her hair. She can really be beautiful when she wears makeup too. I think if she wore a bob, or chin lenght hair she would be quite beautful. She could still put it back. Also a bit of tinted moisteriser, lip balm, and mascara and she would be fine.

Dutchess of York looks good when she doesn't wear too much makeup and her hair is away from her face.

Marie Chantal sometimes wears things that are too matronly too. She needs to wear something a bit more hip.

Mary Donaldson's style I like the best besides Maxima. But she should not wear the true green color too close to her skin. She looks best in simplle styles and neutral colors.

Princess Alexandra of Denmark has started to improve, but she can also dress to matronly. But she is getting better. I would also like to see her in more simple styles and more solid striking colors like red. She should stay away from pastels and that horrid lime green evening dress. She also needs to simplify her evening gowns when wearing medals, tiara and sashes. When the dress has glitz and detailing you don't know where to look. It overwhelms her. She is very beautiful and doesn't need all that extra stuff.

Madeline of Sweden looks good.
Victoria needs to lay off the prints and shinny fabric. Looks good in jewel tones and needs to stay away from pastels and shoulder pads.

Princess Martha favors too far out clothing. It detracts from her. Cream, red, and black would look good on her. Less contrast in fabric and colors are needed. Keep the details to one item, not multiple things.

Mette Marit needs a makeover.  Her hair is nice and she has a beautiful face, but her clothes yuck!  She needs to smarten up for official functions.

I disagree. Mette-Marit's style suits her IMO. She should never do too much. She doesn't have the kind of presence or characteristics that need to be too made up or over dressed. Tailored and neutral colors work best for her.

The outfit she wore to Ingrid's christening fit poorly, and made her look fat, and that hat.  It looked like someone stuck a dead bird on her head.

I thought that she looked like a woman who had just given birth to a child not very long ago. Mette-Marit may lose the baby weight or not. I think that the dress looked nice on her. It may have been a bit larger in size in certain areas to accomodate her post-baby frame. I don't particularly care for that style of hat on anyone, however, they seem to be making a return. MM has worn one on a previous ocassion and the Countess of Wessex recently wore a hat of the same style during the Easter holiday and I saw a few women at Easter mass where I live wearing them as well. It seems that MM may like this style of hat. I don't like it personally, but if it's what she likes and it makes her feel comfortable, I say go for it!

Maxima looks great, but she has to be careful of loud prints which can overwhelm her. I think if she went with short hair she would look too fat in the  face.  I think her weight is good though.  I love her jewelry and color choices.

I think that Maxima can wear prints only not in the majority. She should try wearing a print top and paring it with something else. Or using a print shawl to complement things at times.

Matilde, would look better in less fussy, sleeker clothes.  She does dress a bit on the matronly side.  Solid, bright, warm colors would look great on her

Somehow, matronly really suits her. It fits her personality and the way in which she carries herself. She really doesn't look bad. It surprises some people that she is so young when considering her style of dress, but she does use color fairly well and that usually helps her to not look older than she is or too matronly. I just don't think that trendy fashions would look that good on her. She also wears wonderful jewelry that catches the eye.

Rania, looks great, but sometimes wears too much runway clothes.  Instead of buying straight from designers each season she should look into a personal tailor.

Agree, however, she does usually have the clothing modified to suit her personal tastes. It is still, however, identifiable by those who are familiar with Rania's favorite designers and their current collections.

Letizia, haven't seen enough of her yet to comment.

From what I have seen of her so far, simple, clean lines work best on her. She has good skin and wonderful bone structure. She shouldn't overdo it. MM falls into this catergory as well. Letizia should never pile on the accessories or wear any designs that are too fussy. For Letizia and MM, I suggest keeping it simple.

Anne of England needs to cut her hair.  She can really be beautiful when she wears makeup too.  I think if she wore a bob, or chin lenght hair she would be quite beautful.  She could still put it back.  Also a bit of tinted moisteriser, lip balm, and mascara and she would be fine.

She definitely needs a cut, style and very deep condition.

Dutchess of York looks good when she doesn't wear too much makeup and her hair is away from her face.

Sometimes Sarah definitely wears too much eye makeup. She doesn't need it. My suggestion for her at all points is to keep it simple as well.

Marie Chantal sometimes wears things that are too matronly too. She needs to wear something a bit more hip.

I agree. She looks amazing when she wears color. She should let herself stray from the neutral tones every now and then. She definitely wears various shades of blue very well.

Mary Donaldson's style I like the best besides Maxima.  But she should not wear the true green color too close to her skin.  She looks best in simplle styles and neutral colors.

I agree that she should stick to neutral tones and only particular colors. I haven't been extremely impressed by her style, but it certainly has improved over the years.

Princess Alexandra of Denmark has started to improve, but she can also dress to matronly.  But she is getting better.  I would also like to see her in more simple styles and more solid striking colors like red.  She should stay away from pastels and that horrid lime green evening dress.  She also needs to simplify her evening gowns when wearing medals, tiara and sashes.  When the dress has glitz and detailing you don't know where to look.  It overwhelms her.  She is very beautiful and doesn't need all that extra stuff.

I have always liked her style. Somtimes her gowns are too fussy, but she does pull them off somehow. I liked the lime green evening dress. It looked great against her skin tone. One of the trademarks of her person style is her ability to wear color and wear it very well.

Madeline of Sweden looks good.
Victoria needs to lay off the prints and shinny fabric.  Looks good in jewel tones and needs to stay away from pastels and shoulder pads.

I like the style of these too ladies. Nice, but not too fussy.
Everyone should stay away from shoulder pads. They're just plain wrong.

Princess Martha favors too far out clothing.  It detracts from her.  Cream, red, and black would look good on her.  Less contrast in fabric and colors are needed.  Keep the details to one item, not multiple things.

Disagree. Her clothing really suits her personality and amazing smile. As far out as she goes, she never looks hideous. She is one of the few who can pull it off. Contrast works for her and nothing that is obviously a reflection of your personality takes away from you, IMO. The outfit that she recently wore to the Christening-fantastic. She looked great to me. Color suits her so well. Cream (in excess) would wash her out and black (especially all black) would not do her any justice. For ML black should be used as an accessory and be her funeral wear, but not part of her main wardrobe.

Infanta elena needs a face lift asap to pick up those droopy cheeks and jowls!

Originally posted by Bubbette@Apr 20th, 2004 - 12:52 pm
I absolutely disagree. I don't think that plastic surgery is the answer to everything. Elena is a woman who is aging with ease; there is no need for her to have plastic surgery just because she looks her age. Why should Elena resort to cosmetic surgery to look like she is 20 again when she is a woman in her early 40s?

Plastic surgery is not just a quick fix for one's physical apperance; there is also an emotional and mental aspect to it. Some people think that getting a face lip or liposuction will make their life so much better, when there are also psychological and emotional aspects as to why they feel this way.

Originally posted by Alexandria+Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:14 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:14 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Apr 20th, 2004 - 12:52 pm
I absolutely disagree. I don't think that plastic surgery is the answer to everything. Elena is a woman who is aging with ease; there is no need for her to have plastic surgery just because she looks her age. Why should Elena resort to cosmetic surgery to look like she is 20 again when she is a woman in her early 40s?

Plastic surgery is not just a quick fix for one's physical apperance; there is also an emotional and mental aspect to it. Some people think that getting a face lip or liposuction will make their life so much better, when there are also psychological and emotional aspects as to why they feel this way. [/b][/quote]
Honestly, when I see the Infanta I don't see droopy cheeks and jowls. She seems perfectly fine to me. I wouldn't suggest plastic surgery or anything along those lines. I just don't see this when I look at her. I guess that is all about perception. I perceive the Infanta to be a woman who is aging very well and who has wonderful sense of style. She is one of the truly elegant women in the world, IMO. I wouldn't suggest that she change a thing.

Originally posted by Jacqueline+Apr 21st, 2004 - 8:27 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jacqueline @ Apr 21st, 2004 - 8:27 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 20th, 2004 - 7:14 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette
@Apr 20th, 2004 - 12:52 pm

Plastic surgery is not just a quick fix for one's physical apperance; there is also an emotional and mental aspect to it. Some people think that getting a face lip or liposuction will make their life so much better, when there are also psychological and emotional aspects as to why they feel this way.
Honestly, when I see the Infanta I don't see droopy cheeks and jowls. She seems perfectly fine to me. I wouldn't suggest plastic surgery or anything along those lines. I just don't see this when I look at her. I guess that is all about perception. I perceive the Infanta to be a woman who is aging very well and who has wonderful sense of style. She is one of the truly elegant women in the world, IMO. I wouldn't suggest that she change a thing. [/b][/quote]
Elena's looks would improve drastically if she softened her hair style and smiled more. She really does have a sour expression on her face most of the time.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 4th, 2004 - 6:05 pm
The Queen of England--lose the huge purses; update the shoes; something a little more delicate. To the Princess Royal---get a short haircut, and maybe just a little chin lift!
that not right for Queen of England she wores purse for long times she wores black purse and lots more you would respect her! she always carried all the times :blush: :huh: im so embrassment about your post!

Sara Boyce

I read your posts but I knew about between M-M and European Royalty

I read Royalty magazine/Majesty magazine im not sure! that Crown Princess Merit Marit copy from Countess of Wessex's dresses and she copy from Princess Claire's wedding dress but she looks like navy blues not as wedding dress no! just evening dress! i cant believe she done it! :eek: :huh:

maybe she would more copy from Crown Princess's styles or Countess of Wessex you would believe me i knew about it!

Sara Boyce

well, after posting her for quite a whil i come across this thread the first time, great fun, but quite shocking from time to time, actually...

1st: the weight thing: unless one is overweight like mariatheresia von luxembourg or one is clearly close o anorexic-looking (even if one is not anorexic) like mary donaldson and above all the future princess of asturias, i think it is not in our position to comment. its like reading a trashy magazine which results in so many young princesses suffereing from obvious eating disorders. my god, mathilde lookded adorable with a little chubby after her births and she has no porblem showing it, ok she is blessed with fantastic figure, have to admit. but maxima: clearly she is not the slimmest kind of a person but tries her utmost to look slim, she had indeed a period where she had lost quite a bit of weight. but its all relative. anyway, to suggest she needs to lose a few pounds i find a tasteless remark.

2nd: mary and mathilde seem to be the only ones that have recognised that being tanned is not beautiful at alll!!!! in contrast, its so much more elegant to be whiter, look at stars such as nicole kidman etc. madeleine, maxima and others completely overdo it, its a shame. yes, maxima with smoke and sun: she will age quicker. but who cares, as long as she doesnt.

3rd: queen rania: i was wondering: perhaps the reason we never see her with the same gown etc: could it be that designers only borrow the things to her?? from accessories to cloths???

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Apr 30th, 2004 - 2:48 am
queen rania: i was wondering: perhaps the reason we never see her with the same gown etc: could it be that designers only borrow the things to her?? from accessories to cloths???
I had heard this suggested before on another forum. It would make sense and it is something that has been happening for many years both with royal ladies and with celebrities.

one is clearly close o anorexic-looking (even if one is not anorexic) like mary donaldson

I think it's tasteless to remark that someone is anorectic-looking. Why is it OK to jump all over a slim person and not on a person with a few more pounds? It's not nice to call someone anorectic-looking, especially when it's not true like in Mary's case.

Originally posted by Cissan@Apr 30th, 2004 - 2:26 am
It's not nice to call someone anorectic-looking, especially when it's not true like in Mary's case.
In defence of Mary, I really don't think she's anorexic or even looks anorexic. This photo of her was taken at the Romanian gala, and this photo at Margarethe's burthday, and this photo at the recent opening of the museum. I really don't think she looks anorexic in any of them. If she was, that big white coat she wore to the museum would have hanged limp or engulfed her so much, but it didn't.

Alot of Jordanians don't like the fact Rania is sooo westernized

Last edited:
Josefine said:
why is the weight so important?
Because we live in the age of weight-watchers :p and especially with Hollywood projecting the image of the idel body is to have as little of a body as possible people are starting or attempting to resemble walking chopsticks...sad hey?

I thought that I would not only point out changes for some of these royal ladies that I would like to see but also some of their lovely qualities because let's face it, these women are all beautiful inside and out.

Princess Caroline - I think princess Carolines physical apperence is stunnning. She is aging beautifully & gracefully. I have noticed that she usually wears her hair the same (down) the only time I've seen it up was recently at CP Fredrick & Mary's wedding or when she was in her teens. I would love to see more interesting hair styles from her, maybe a wavy do or some curls. She also seems to be very princess programmed meaning she performes her duties efficiently & effectivly ie. smiling, waving, attending functions; I guess what I'm saying is that I would love to see some real warmth from her. She seems to put on a princess face when she's at functions I don't feel that we see the real her.

Princess Stephanie - What an interesting individual. I love warmth and caring that she shows for others, it seems very endearing and genuine. Such a beautiful quality to have. I love the laughs & smiles, the sulky expression & tears that we see in her photos. She wears her heart on her face which makes her seem very human and touchable. She seems unable to hide her emotions the way that Caroline does. I don't think I've ever seen stephanie with longer hair (past her shoulders). I think a softer look on her would be fabulous - lighter skin (for her on good), maybe honey highlights, softer make up. Her shoulders a quite broad, clothing choices to tone that down would be nice to see. I would like to see her cover up her butt at the beach. The thong thing seems a little old for her now. Although if I had her fabulous buns I don't know if I could cover them up either.
I would also like to see her find the man of her dreams, and settle down somewhere to live happily ever after. The poor woman has had enough stormy weather in her life time.

Charlotte Casiraghi - Although technically not royal I could'nt resist. She is stunning. From what I've read & seen in photos & articles about she seems to be a very intellegent and focused individual. Her fashion choices are fantastic. My only hope for her is that she acheives great things & does not have such great tragedies in her life as other family members have had.

Princess Anne - Showing a little more compassion. She seems to be very cold and abrupt. I think a whole new look would be a good thing here. Her clothing and hair are very old and stuffy looking. I love that she takes all of her charities very seriously and is one of the hardest working members of the royal family.

Zara Philips - Her fashion choices since she began using a stylist are much better. Love some of the suits and hats she wears. Beautiful face, beautiful personality, hard working....No changes here.

Countess Sophie - The only change I would have liked to have seen would have been a softer look & longer hair, which she has done. She looks great, great, great!

Sarah Ferguson - A little easier on the eye liner & maybe some brighter evening gowns. Aside from that all of her life changes have been spectacular after her divorce. What a strong woman!

CP Mette-Marit - I think a little more colour to her cheeks might work better for her. She's a lovely woman & I think very courageous to step into the shoes that she has knowing all the critisism she would receive for her past.

Princess Martha-Louise - Hmmmm....I would have liked to change that flashy red & yellow outfit she wore to the wedding in Spain

CP Maxima - I'd like to see her loose her tan for her own good. Also she looks to have small eyes something to bring them out more. Her fashion sense is quite unique, sometimes I love her choices, sometimes I don't. Love that she so full of life & energy. I think she is a very genuine and caring person.

CP Mary - When I first saw her smile I noticed her that her teeth were uneven. I think that some would say to straighten them but I think they give her a bit of a mystery look. I would like to see her also bring out her eyes more. I think fashion wise this CP is top notch. I love at how seriously she is taking her new role in life.

Princess Madeline - She strikes me as being unhappy in her role as princess. Most likely from the media attention and freedom restrictions that she is confined to. I would most like to see that change. I would like to see the "party princess image" gone (I'm not sure if she is "partying" or if thats the media overdoing it" I think a determined Madeline carving out serious carrer path for her future would be superb. Something unique to her. And of course easing off the tanning would'nt hurt. She's so georgeous.

CP Victoria - I'd like to see her lighten up; not so serious like someone else earlier mentioned but I guess thats hard to do when your expected to rule a country one day. I loved that she showed up to princess Ingrid's christening when others couldn't. It's these small things that will make her a truly splendid queen.

Queen Rania - Although very beautiful she appears ill to me. I would like to see a healthier looking Queen Rania. She also seems to be very obsessive about her appearence and how she is portrayed in the media which is quite understandable for the pressure that she is under must be very great indeed but I would like to see her lay off the looks and focus her energy more on other political & humanitarian efforts. That change would be good.

CP Mathilde - What a warm and loving person. She really glows in some pictures. A different tiara would be nice to see, she seems to only have one - at least that I have seen. Maybe some other fashion choices as well.

CP Marie-Chantal - This is probably the only princess where its obvious that she is desperatly trying to prove herself. ie. her many attempts at buisness opportunities, princess in exile; she has the title but not the duty so many people must question what she does aside from her many lifestyle magazine spreads?
I would like to change that for her. She seems to be searching for a way to prove her selfworth.
I have also heard of a rumor in regards to a large dowry to have been paid the CP P avlos' family upon their marraige. I hope this wasn't true because this really must have contributed to her need to feel worthy.

This was an interesting thread to read thanks for all the posts.

Also,
Alexandria if you are reading this I am also
PROUDLY CANADIAN

How would you change the image of your favorite royal?

After Princess Micheal of Kent acknowledged that she has been using botox for a while, I was wondering if other royals might benefit from a few alterations. And remember simple changes can do a lot more good than plastic surgery.

Please keep it clean.

I'll start.
I think Princess Mary of Denmark should put slight waves in her hair. While we are in the hair section, I would like the Princess Royal to grow her hair longer or simply change the style.
I would love Prince Edward to get hair treatment, but I think he knows he'll be rideculed too much so why doesn't he simply shave the rest close and do a Bruce Willis.
I was thinking that Prince Charles needs to grow a bit of a bread, short and clean. It'll make him look more stately.
I would change the Countess of Wessex's teeth and perhaps change her to a brunette.
Prince William also needs a new hair cut, something longer and not 'boy-bandish'
I would also change Zara'a hair colour.
Camilla - there isn't much I wouldn't do here. New hair cut, teeth, some work on the nose, face lift to open her eyes better, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom