The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Nobility

well, after posting her for quite a whil i come across this thread the first time, great fun, but quite shocking from time to time, actually...

1st: the weight thing: unless one is overweight like mariatheresia von luxembourg or one is clearly close o anorexic-looking (even if one is not anorexic) like mary donaldson and above all the future princess of asturias, i think it is not in our position to comment. its like reading a trashy magazine which results in so many young princesses suffereing from obvious eating disorders. my god, mathilde lookded adorable with a little chubby after her births and she has no porblem showing it, ok she is blessed with fantastic figure, have to admit. but maxima: clearly she is not the slimmest kind of a person but tries her utmost to look slim, she had indeed a period where she had lost quite a bit of weight. but its all relative. anyway, to suggest she needs to lose a few pounds i find a tasteless remark.

2nd: mary and mathilde seem to be the only ones that have recognised that being tanned is not beautiful at alll!!!! in contrast, its so much more elegant to be whiter, look at stars such as nicole kidman etc. madeleine, maxima and others completely overdo it, its a shame. yes, maxima with smoke and sun: she will age quicker. but who cares, as long as she doesnt.

3rd: queen rania: i was wondering: perhaps the reason we never see her with the same gown etc: could it be that designers only borrow the things to her?? from accessories to cloths???

Old 04-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Apr 30th, 2004 - 2:48 am
queen rania: i was wondering: perhaps the reason we never see her with the same gown etc: could it be that designers only borrow the things to her?? from accessories to cloths???
I had heard this suggested before on another forum. It would make sense and it is something that has been happening for many years both with royal ladies and with celebrities.

Old 04-30-2004, 03:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
one is clearly close o anorexic-looking (even if one is not anorexic) like mary donaldson
I think it's tasteless to remark that someone is anorectic-looking. Why is it OK to jump all over a slim person and not on a person with a few more pounds? It's not nice to call someone anorectic-looking, especially when it's not true like in Mary's case.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Cissan@Apr 30th, 2004 - 2:26 am
It's not nice to call someone anorectic-looking, especially when it's not true like in Mary's case.
In defence of Mary, I really don't think she's anorexic or even looks anorexic. This photo of her was taken at the Romanian gala, and this photo at Margarethe's burthday, and this photo at the recent opening of the museum. I really don't think she looks anorexic in any of them. If she was, that big white coat she wore to the museum would have hanged limp or engulfed her so much, but it didn't.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Majesty

why is the weight so important?
Old 08-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Alot of Jordanians don't like the fact Rania is sooo westernized
Old 08-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
why is the weight so important?
Because we live in the age of weight-watchers :P and especially with Hollywood projecting the image of the idel body is to have as little of a body as possible people are starting or attempting to resemble walking chopsticks...sad hey?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:32 AM
Serene Highness

Smile

I thought that I would not only point out changes for some of these royal ladies that I would like to see but also some of their lovely qualities because let's face it, these women are all beautiful inside and out.

Princess Caroline - I think princess Carolines physical apperence is stunnning. She is aging beautifully & gracefully. I have noticed that she usually wears her hair the same (down) the only time I've seen it up was recently at CP Fredrick & Mary's wedding or when she was in her teens. I would love to see more interesting hair styles from her, maybe a wavy do or some curls. She also seems to be very princess programmed meaning she performes her duties efficiently & effectivly ie. smiling, waving, attending functions; I guess what I'm saying is that I would love to see some real warmth from her. She seems to put on a princess face when she's at functions I don't feel that we see the real her.

Princess Stephanie - What an interesting individual. I love warmth and caring that she shows for others, it seems very endearing and genuine. Such a beautiful quality to have. I love the laughs & smiles, the sulky expression & tears that we see in her photos. She wears her heart on her face which makes her seem very human and touchable. She seems unable to hide her emotions the way that Caroline does. I don't think I've ever seen stephanie with longer hair (past her shoulders). I think a softer look on her would be fabulous - lighter skin (for her on good), maybe honey highlights, softer make up. Her shoulders a quite broad, clothing choices to tone that down would be nice to see. I would like to see her cover up her butt at the beach. The thong thing seems a little old for her now. Although if I had her fabulous buns I don't know if I could cover them up either.
I would also like to see her find the man of her dreams, and settle down somewhere to live happily ever after. The poor woman has had enough stormy weather in her life time.

Charlotte Casiraghi - Although technically not royal I could'nt resist. She is stunning. From what I've read & seen in photos & articles about she seems to be a very intellegent and focused individual. Her fashion choices are fantastic. My only hope for her is that she acheives great things & does not have such great tragedies in her life as other family members have had.

Princess Anne - Showing a little more compassion. She seems to be very cold and abrupt. I think a whole new look would be a good thing here. Her clothing and hair are very old and stuffy looking. I love that she takes all of her charities very seriously and is one of the hardest working members of the royal family.

Zara Philips - Her fashion choices since she began using a stylist are much better. Love some of the suits and hats she wears. Beautiful face, beautiful personality, hard working....No changes here.

Countess Sophie - The only change I would have liked to have seen would have been a softer look & longer hair, which she has done. She looks great, great, great!

Sarah Ferguson - A little easier on the eye liner & maybe some brighter evening gowns. Aside from that all of her life changes have been spectacular after her divorce. What a strong woman!

CP Mette-Marit - I think a little more colour to her cheeks might work better for her. She's a lovely woman & I think very courageous to step into the shoes that she has knowing all the critisism she would receive for her past.

Princess Martha-Louise - Hmmmm....I would have liked to change that flashy red & yellow outfit she wore to the wedding in Spain

CP Maxima - I'd like to see her loose her tan for her own good. Also she looks to have small eyes something to bring them out more. Her fashion sense is quite unique, sometimes I love her choices, sometimes I don't. Love that she so full of life & energy. I think she is a very genuine and caring person.

CP Mary - When I first saw her smile I noticed her that her teeth were uneven. I think that some would say to straighten them but I think they give her a bit of a mystery look. I would like to see her also bring out her eyes more. I think fashion wise this CP is top notch. I love at how seriously she is taking her new role in life.

Princess Madeline - She strikes me as being unhappy in her role as princess. Most likely from the media attention and freedom restrictions that she is confined to. I would most like to see that change. I would like to see the "party princess image" gone (I'm not sure if she is "partying" or if thats the media overdoing it" I think a determined Madeline carving out serious carrer path for her future would be superb. Something unique to her. And of course easing off the tanning would'nt hurt. She's so georgeous.

CP Victoria - I'd like to see her lighten up; not so serious like someone else earlier mentioned but I guess thats hard to do when your expected to rule a country one day. I loved that she showed up to princess Ingrid's christening when others couldn't. It's these small things that will make her a truly splendid queen.

Queen Rania - Although very beautiful she appears ill to me. I would like to see a healthier looking Queen Rania. She also seems to be very obsessive about her appearence and how she is portrayed in the media which is quite understandable for the pressure that she is under must be very great indeed but I would like to see her lay off the looks and focus her energy more on other political & humanitarian efforts. That change would be good.

CP Mathilde - What a warm and loving person. She really glows in some pictures. A different tiara would be nice to see, she seems to only have one - at least that I have seen. Maybe some other fashion choices as well.

CP Marie-Chantal - This is probably the only princess where its obvious that she is desperatly trying to prove herself. ie. her many attempts at buisness opportunities, princess in exile; she has the title but not the duty so many people must question what she does aside from her many lifestyle magazine spreads?
I would like to change that for her. She seems to be searching for a way to prove her selfworth.
I have also heard of a rumor in regards to a large dowry to have been paid the CP P avlos' family upon their marraige. I hope this wasn't true because this really must have contributed to her need to feel worthy.

This was an interesting thread to read thanks for all the posts.

Also,
Alexandria if you are reading this I am also
PROUDLY CANADIAN
Old 03-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Courtier

How would you change the image of your favorite royal?

After Princess Micheal of Kent acknowledged that she has been using botox for a while, I was wondering if other royals might benefit from a few alterations. And remember simple changes can do a lot more good than plastic surgery.

Please keep it clean.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Courtier

I'll start.
I think Princess Mary of Denmark should put slight waves in her hair. While we are in the hair section, I would like the Princess Royal to grow her hair longer or simply change the style.
I would love Prince Edward to get hair treatment, but I think he knows he'll be rideculed too much so why doesn't he simply shave the rest close and do a Bruce Willis.
I was thinking that Prince Charles needs to grow a bit of a bread, short and clean. It'll make him look more stately.
I would change the Countess of Wessex's teeth and perhaps change her to a brunette.
Prince William also needs a new hair cut, something longer and not 'boy-bandish'
I would also change Zara'a hair colour.
Camilla - there isn't much I wouldn't do here. New hair cut, teeth, some work on the nose, face lift to open her eyes better, perhaps.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

wow claire i think u pretty much nail it down for all of the different princes & princeses

princess letiza ( sorry if i spell it wrong) she need more weight
Old 03-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks for that posts!

what about late Princess Diana's styles and more? before she enter marriages to Prince Charles and spilt years,after divorces years and death she looks great! she sold her famous dresses for 15 years since 1981-1996 but the magazine editors says "Princess Diana still as Queen of Styles because she is best dresses in the first place!"

Sara Boyce
Old 05-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Majesty

i think more of them should try to find designers from thier country some of them do others do not

what designers from the netherlands does she use
Old 10-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Majesty

after you wrote your thoughts do you think there has been some changing in the royals style
Old 10-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
i think more of them should try to find designers from thier country some of them do others do not

what designers from the netherlands does she use
Laurentiens two horrible creations for the wedding of PC and Anita were from a dutch disigner called Ronald van der Kolk, the man is very flamboyant.

Mabel uses Viktor and Rolf, which are more popular and I would like to see Maxima in some of their clothing. I would also like her to try something of Mart Visser 8not known abroad, but he dresses a lot of dutch society ladies).

The queen recently used some disigns by Sheila de Vries, but as the woman was talking to the press to much she went back to her original disigner, Theresia Vreugdenhil (and her daughter Saskia).

Marilene uses Maison Pauw (Peacock) a lot, I usually hate their items but Marilene knows how to make the best of it.

Princess Margriet wears designs from dutch society designer Edgar Vos quite often.

But internationally only Viktor and Rolf stand out I am afraid.
I know he is belgian but I would really like some princesses to wear Dries van Noten.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:50 AM

Re:

I would like the Princess Royal to grow her hair longer or simply change the style.

I think I'm one of the few who likes Princess Anne's hair. It's practical. She is the hardest working British Royal and sometimes carries out 3 or 4 engagements a day. She doesn't want long flowing hair that will get in her eyes and cause her to run her fingers through it (difficult with gloves on). I think it's smart and elegant but she could do with a tad more make-up to brighten her face up.

I would love Prince Edward to get hair treatment, but I think he knows he'll be rideculed too much so why doesn't he simply shave the rest close and do a Bruce Willis.

Because every old lady in Britain would call him a convict. There's this idea amongst the older generation that those with close cut hair have spent time in prison.

I was thinking that Prince Charles needs to grow a bit of a bead, short and clean. It'll make him look more stately.

Agreed. A beard would suit him greatly.

I would change the Countess of Wessex's teeth and perhaps change her to a brunette.

Remember that we Brits haven't got good teeth anyway.

Prince William also needs a new hair cut, something longer and not 'boy-bandish'.

Agreed! Something longer would be better for him but I think Harry has a good style for his face.

Camilla - there isn't much I wouldn't do here. New hair cut, teeth, some work on the nose, face lift to open her eyes better, perhaps.

LOL. Poor Camilla. I think she's perfect as she is. Apart from the hair - It needs tidying up alot.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

I think that CP Mary, CP Mette-Marit, CP Mathilde are just fine the way they are.

CP Maxima is hit and miss sometimes. I think she tends to overdo it in fashion and make up. She needs help.

P Martha Louise is also hit and miss. Sometimes I wonder if she fell and hit her head with some of the choices she's made in the past.

P Alexandra is stunning lately. If she keeps this up her fame as a princess will be huge!!! She should stay away from pastels like someone said earlier.

CP Victoria again hit and miss! Have you seen the most horrible thread? She's in there a few times, but when she pulls together she really does it well.

P Madeline, she knows how to pull off an pretty good look fashion wise. She needs to save her skin though, at this rate she'll be a shrivelled up prune at the age of 27.

P Anne, someone needs to bump her into the present time. It's like she's a blast from the past. Her and Sarah Chatto seem alike, very nice people but dowdy!

Zara Phillips, the push up extra support is a must. Some of her outfits are great but again some are just off the wall. She doesn't seem to have very much class for a princess' daughter. Sarah Chatto has more class than her.

P Caroline has a georgeous figure for a woman of her age. I think she shoud try something other than Chanel. She seams to wear alot of dark colours, I think she'd look better in brighter shades. Her colouring would really suit any colour.

P Stephanie, It really looks like Stephanie tries so hard with fashion but most of the time completely misses. Her outfits IMO are to revealing for and unattractive for that of a princess.

Charlotte Casiarghi, She hits almost every time. The girl is stunning just like her grandmother P Grace. She dresses better than her mother!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Anne finally needs to ditch the beehive hairdo! I read that she first started wearing her hair like that as a young teenager.

and it's never looked good. ever!

Its amazing to me that a woman isnt more interested in experimenting with some other possibilities.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:26 AM

Re:

The problem is, I can't see Princess Anne having any other hairstyle. It's become her trademark. Should she go longer, shorter?
Old 10-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

its sad that she let it come to the point that it is her trademark.

she should have changed it 25 years ago.

I wasnt really referring to the length I meant her habit of sweeping it all up into a beehive. surely there are more attractive ways for her style her hair. she could do a classic chignon or maybe a bun like Mette marit and Maxima do sometimes.

classic and flattering hairstyles.

those are just 2 ideas. i'm sure there are many other options that are much more flattering than that beehive she so often sports.