Changes: What should some of the royals do?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow claire i think u pretty much nail it down for all of the different princes & princeses

princess letiza ( sorry if i spell it wrong) she need more weight

thanks for that posts!

what about late Princess Diana's styles and more? before she enter marriages to Prince Charles and spilt years,after divorces years and death she looks great! she sold her famous dresses for 15 years since 1981-1996 but the magazine editors says "Princess Diana still as Queen of Styles because she is best dresses in the first place!"

Sara Boyce

Last edited by a moderator:
i think more of them should try to find designers from thier country some of them do others do not

what designers from the netherlands does she use

after you wrote your thoughts do you think there has been some changing in the royals style

Josefine said:
i think more of them should try to find designers from thier country some of them do others do not

what designers from the netherlands does she use

Laurentiens two horrible creations for the wedding of PC and Anita were from a dutch disigner called Ronald van der Kolk, the man is very flamboyant.

Mabel uses Viktor and Rolf, which are more popular and I would like to see Maxima in some of their clothing. I would also like her to try something of Mart Visser 8not known abroad, but he dresses a lot of dutch society ladies).

The queen recently used some disigns by Sheila de Vries, but as the woman was talking to the press to much she went back to her original disigner, Theresia Vreugdenhil (and her daughter Saskia).

Marilene uses Maison Pauw (Peacock) a lot, I usually hate their items but Marilene knows how to make the best of it.

Princess Margriet wears designs from dutch society designer Edgar Vos quite often.

But internationally only Viktor and Rolf stand out I am afraid.
I know he is belgian but I would really like some princesses to wear Dries van Noten.

Re:

I would like the Princess Royal to grow her hair longer or simply change the style.

I think I'm one of the few who likes Princess Anne's hair. It's practical. She is the hardest working British Royal and sometimes carries out 3 or 4 engagements a day. She doesn't want long flowing hair that will get in her eyes and cause her to run her fingers through it (difficult with gloves on). I think it's smart and elegant but she could do with a tad more make-up to brighten her face up.

I would love Prince Edward to get hair treatment, but I think he knows he'll be rideculed too much so why doesn't he simply shave the rest close and do a Bruce Willis.

Because every old lady in Britain would call him a convict. ;) There's this idea amongst the older generation that those with close cut hair have spent time in prison.

I was thinking that Prince Charles needs to grow a bit of a bead, short and clean. It'll make him look more stately.

Agreed. A beard would suit him greatly.

I would change the Countess of Wessex's teeth and perhaps change her to a brunette.

Remember that we Brits haven't got good teeth anyway.

Prince William also needs a new hair cut, something longer and not 'boy-bandish'.

Agreed! Something longer would be better for him but I think Harry has a good style for his face.

Camilla - there isn't much I wouldn't do here. New hair cut, teeth, some work on the nose, face lift to open her eyes better, perhaps.

LOL. Poor Camilla. I think she's perfect as she is. Apart from the hair - It needs tidying up alot.

I think that CP Mary, CP Mette-Marit, CP Mathilde are just fine the way they are.

CP Maxima is hit and miss sometimes. I think she tends to overdo it in fashion and make up. She needs help.

P Martha Louise is also hit and miss. Sometimes I wonder if she fell and hit her head with some of the choices she's made in the past.

P Alexandra is stunning lately. If she keeps this up her fame as a princess will be huge!!! She should stay away from pastels like someone said earlier.

CP Victoria again hit and miss! Have you seen the most horrible thread? She's in there a few times, but when she pulls together she really does it well.

P Madeline, she knows how to pull off an pretty good look fashion wise. She needs to save her skin though, at this rate she'll be a shrivelled up prune at the age of 27.

P Anne, someone needs to bump her into the present time. It's like she's a blast from the past. Her and Sarah Chatto seem alike, very nice people but dowdy!

Zara Phillips, the push up extra support is a must. Some of her outfits are great but again some are just off the wall. She doesn't seem to have very much class for a princess' daughter. Sarah Chatto has more class than her.

P Caroline has a georgeous figure for a woman of her age. I think she shoud try something other than Chanel. She seams to wear alot of dark colours, I think she'd look better in brighter shades. Her colouring would really suit any colour.

P Stephanie, It really looks like Stephanie tries so hard with fashion but most of the time completely misses. Her outfits IMO are to revealing for and unattractive for that of a princess.

Charlotte Casiarghi, She hits almost every time. The girl is stunning just like her grandmother P Grace. She dresses better than her mother!

Princess Anne finally needs to ditch the beehive hairdo! I read that she first started wearing her hair like that as a young teenager.

and it's never looked good. ever!

Its amazing to me that a woman isnt more interested in experimenting with some other possibilities.

Re:

The problem is, I can't see Princess Anne having any other hairstyle. It's become her trademark. Should she go longer, shorter?

its sad that she let it come to the point that it is her trademark.

she should have changed it 25 years ago.

I wasnt really referring to the length I meant her habit of sweeping it all up into a beehive. surely there are more attractive ways for her style her hair. she could do a classic chignon or maybe a bun like Mette marit and Maxima do sometimes.

classic and flattering hairstyles.

those are just 2 ideas. i'm sure there are many other options that are much more flattering than that beehive she so often sports.

The bad thing about Infanta Elena is the infamous "Borbon Nose", which is very pronunciated on her (unlike her sister, she has the same bone structure, but 1. her nose is not that...Borbonic 2. she smiles almost all the time so it helps a lot); her hair (another infamous thing: the BRAID) is kind of curly and messy but I agree with everyone, she should try a new look maybe highlights? but don't expect a HUGE change because (let's face it) she's not pretty...

Another legendary thing: Princess Royal Anne's "helmet hair", she doesn't have a problem riding a bike because that "thing" would protect her, another bad nose but not as bad as Elena...

About Letizia; she's beautiful, but she doesn't have a style, she looks like a walking advertisement of Armani Suits for Executive Women. Letizia needs to find a style of her own and quick because everybody is slaughtering her fashion sense...

Mathilde is "The Crown Princess" not only for her beautiful clothing but for the fact that she's so elegant and glamorous she would look good on anything!!!

crisiñaki said:
About Letizia; she's beautiful, but she doesn't have a style, she looks like a walking advertisement of Armani Suits for Executive Women. Letizia needs to find a style of her own and quick because everybody is slaughtering her fashion sense...

ha ha ha. This is true but I think she's still searching for her unique style like you said. Very funny though. :)

Julia said:
I do think that while Rania is the most glamorous queen around and that most of the above women could take a few tips from her on how to dress and groom themselves that she should take her own style volume down a few notches. She does need to be a little more frugal in her wardrobe selection.

This is a fun topic, so have fun! It's always interesting to hear suggestions!

It is a fun topic, and interesting to see how others view royal fashions. Queen Rania is just an amazing beauty and so stylish. If she seems to be excessive by Western standards, I suppose it's because the Arabic culture is very different. I suppose it's fashionable in the West to have a sort of understated elegance, but the Arabic royals seem to enjoy flaunting their diamonds on their toes, so to speak. ;)

crisiñaki said:
Letizia doesn't wear Armarni suits, I cannot recall ever seeing her in one, she wears Spanish designers and to me that is her style. Nothing beats a well-cut suit and that is something Letizia has learnt, as a result she always looks fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get rid of Victoria's glasses and forbid her to ever wear her hair in a ponytail again except when is exercising (in private).

while I adore Princess Maxima's style, she often wears shoes that are extremely pointy. it makes her feet look big. I'd love for her to wear shoes with more graceful, natural lines.

I'd change Queen Silvia's "mummified" hair. I'd prefer her to go a bit shorter. it would suit her age better. she might also want to consider changing the color. perhaps go a bit lighter.

Little_star said:
Letizia doesn't wear Armarni suits, I cannot recall ever seeing her in one, she wears Spanish designers and to me that is her style. Nothing beats a well-cut suit and that is something Letizia has learnt, as a result she always looks fantastic.

she wore a white Armani suit at her engagement and her wardrobe is filled with similar models in different colors if you check them out (I have noticed the white one, a black, a beige and a pink one with skirt)

check the white one at:
http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/ scroll down and click on "Pedida de Mano", there you can see a new window opening with the pictures

Last edited:
pollyemma said:
I'd change Queen Silvia's "mummified" hair. I'd prefer her to go a bit shorter. it would suit her age better. she might also want to consider changing the color. perhaps go a bit lighter.

Mummified hair. ha ha ha. What about Beatrix? Her hair could withstand hurricane winds!:)

"forbid her to ever wear her hair in a ponytail again"

A few people in this forum would agree with that idea...

I think I have found the trademark of the European Queens: THE HAIR STYLE. If you have been paying attention Queen Silvia, Queen Sofía, Queen Beatrix, QEII, Queen Paola, QMII (even if I'm not really sure about this one) have been having the same hairdo for at least 20 years!!!

Queen Sofía once said that the only thing that was out of discussion about her image was her hair:) (don't remember where I read it, so please don't ask)...

what do you think?

crisiñaki said:
Queen Sofía once said that the only thing that was out of discussion about her image was her hair:) (don't remember where I read it, so please don't ask)...

what do you think?
I read somewhere that Queen Sofia don't change her hair because that hair style is the best for her (i think that her image is very good... and even is better than other images of royals that are very younger...)
If we repair well from the 60's that Queen Sofia uses this haircut, and if in the 60's, 70, 80 and 90, she hadn't this cut, was quite similar.

...JuAnItA... said:
I read somewhere that Queen Sofia don't change her hair because that hair style is the best for her (i think that her image is very good... and even is better than other images of royals that are very younger...)
If we repair well from the 60's that Queen Sofia uses this haircut, and if in the 60's, 70, 80 and 90, she hadn't this cut, was quite similar.

O, I see. It's funny because when I just read what Crisñaki said, I thought "O, yes. Sofia. Mummified hair too." O, so she just likes it that way and just sticks with it. And it's a very distinct haircut too. I mean she has a very distinct face too so they work well together. :) Here in the US, we have a phrase for such hair, "helmet hair". ha ha ha.

Queen Beatrix hair is definitly a helmet LOL

Dennism said:
O, I see. It's funny because when I just read what Crisñaki said, I thought "O, yes. Sofia. Mummified hair too." O, so she just likes it that way and just sticks with it. And it's a very distinct haircut too. I mean she has a very distinct face too so they work well together. :) Here in the US, we have a phrase for such hair, "helmet hair". ha ha ha.

That's exactly what I'm saying go Dennism!!!

"she wore a white Armani suit at her engagement and her wardrobe is filled with similar models in different colors if you check them out (I have noticed the white one, a black, a beige and a pink one with skirt)"

I wasn't aware that her engagement suit was Armarni. However, since getting married I cannot recall an occasion where she hasn't worn a beautiful suit by a Spanish designer.

hmmmm...Can't believe that I have seen this thread before!
But, with the exception of Queen Rania, I would L.O.V.E. to see all the other Queens "soften" up thier hair style if not go for a complete change. But if they had it for over 10-15-20+ years, I doubt they would ever go for a change. But to soften up the same look would work alos.
As for Prss Mary-STOP PARTING HER HAIR DOWN THE MIDDLE!!! Agghh, this drives me nuts ever time I see her with this. Parted down the middle and either pulled up or left down. Either way, it's way to harsh a look for her or anyother person.
Prss Letiza-A nice trim with some layers. Her clothes fit her personality that she portrays.
Prss Victoria-Shorten her hair so that she would not have enough to put in the pony tail. Soft layers around the face with a few highlights to soften her hard chin and bring out her eyes. Also, so new glasses. Wear clothes with more color to it. More earth tones to brighten up her complexion. And some powder to tone down her shineyness.
Prss MM-She definately looks much better with her hair shorter. Longer seems to pull her face down. A little bit of layers for some fullness. Her color is o.k. but it is too solid. I would weave a darker blonde and a light brown in it for some deminson. Maybe some darker or more mascara to bring out her blue eyes more. I would dress her in more jewel tones.
Prss Mathield-Maybe a little tiny bit longer for some variety.
Prss Madeline-(sp?)-Make her stop tanning. Take away all pastel colors from her. Her hair is great. Maybe wear it up once in awhile for formal functions.
:rolleyes: :D

sesa said:
Prss MM-She definately looks much better with her hair shorter. Longer seems to pull her face down. A little bit of layers for some fullness. Her color is o.k. but it is too solid. I would weave a darker blonde and a light brown in it for some deminson. Maybe some darker or more mascara to bring out her blue eyes more. I would dress her in more jewel tones.
Prss Mathield-Maybe a little tiny bit longer for some variety.
Prss Madeline-(sp?)-Make her stop tanning. Take away all pastel colors from her. Her hair is great. Maybe wear it up once in awhile for formal functions.
:rolleyes: :D

I'm totally with you on MM. I loved her shorter hair earlier in their marriage. the long hair can make her look tired. she would like nice with some different tones in her hair. more like what maxima has.

mathilde should definitely grow her hair a little longer. she has wonderful thick hair so why not. her hair hasnt changed since her engagement.

dont know about madeleine with her hair up. it could look good if she does it right. she's tried pulling it up a few times with less than hot results. best to leave well alone.

[I don't think Rania should do any more changes except gain a couple of pounds, as I think she looks more lovely when she is a little more rounded out. She has already had a couple of cosmetic surgery procedures and fantastic advice on makeup hair and clothes. her before and after photos remind me of the difference when Catherine Zeta Jones was just another pretty young actress and how she is now that she had a big makeover and is Hollywood royalty. Same for Rania, she was pretty but very girl next door before the 'help'.

Rania and catherine both had potential, good skin, nice bone structure but it has been the expert help they received that made all the difference. Fine feathers do make a fine bird.

I used to work in TV show where we did makeovers for ladies off the street. Top hairdressers, clothes stylists and make up artists working on these ladies for 3 hours before their new look was 'revealed' on live TV.

To all those people who think it is natural to look like that and that these royal ladies help was minimal, I am telling you, that with the right makeup, hair, clothes - even the ugliest duckling can be a swan.

I saw it with my own eyes, ladies who were slim but average looking left the TV studio looking like models!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom