Changes: What should some of the royals do?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
norwegianne, I didn't mean to imply that. It came out wrong but I understand that the feeling that Norwegians may have about that. And you're right about the press.

" bet Sonja bought just as much clothes when she married Harald, but the press then had slightly more tact. "

Yes and they didn't report as much or make such a deal about it. Tact, indeed.

Originally posted by Sean.~@Jan 4th, 2004 - 5:58 pm

I'm told by Norwegian friends (who don't really like Sonja) and knowledgable Nowregian contributors on other boards that Sonja *is* * often* referred to as such, as she tries to come across more royal than the royals. The palace reno's of the late 1990s didn't help either.

Sean
The renovations were a thing, but let's not forget the palace hadn't been renovated in God knows how long. I recall a case of the bath-tubs she had ordered being too extravagant. :rolleyes: I really don't think many would have made that much of it had it been the King supervising the renovations.

But back to topic.

How about the ladies should dress for their age? Mathilde of Belgium has been mentioned here, as has Anne of Great Britain.

I agree that Elena would look better with shorter hair. Shorter hair tends to make your features appear softer, less severe. Plus, in my opinion, you can to a lot more with shorter hair, as far as styling. And if you feel the need for long locks every down and then, there is the great invention of hair extensions. Besides, the longer the hair, the more weighed down it becomes, thus making it appear flat and dull. Not to sound mean, but it might make the lines on Maxima's forehead less noticeable because shorter hair take the attention off the face. But then again, this is just my opinion.

Wow! Lots of really interesting and great comments!

I agree that Infanta Elena would look much better if her very thick hair were cut and styled a bit differently. Her eyebrows, too, would look very nice if they were groomed a bit. ;)

I think that Victoria's style suits her quite well and I do really like her make-up and hair.

Maxima is great fun with color and it's nice to see her wear it with such panache. Out of curiosity, though, it would be fun to see her in Armani or something.

It would be nice to see Letizia with her hair back. I think it's cut in a way now that she's not able to pull it back easily (lots of layers).

While Madeleine is a great beauty she needs to stop tanning! She's already got lines on her forehead! I also think she looks better with her hair a little bit darker. Her make-up is, as always, fresh and attractive (I wonder who does the Bernadotte sisters make-up??? They always look good!). Her brows look good as well.

Rania should tone her wardrobe down and wear more traditional Jordanian clothes more often. They are gorgeous to boot and look stunning on HM.

Caroline needs to stay out of the sun, quit smoking and cut her hair, or something. I really liked her hair when it was a bit shorter. ;)

Originally posted by Sean.~@Jan 4th, 2004 - 3:28 am
So, Julia, you and I pretty much agree. You, as usual, are just so much more diplomatic.

Alas, not the heated debate I was hoping for! I'm only kidding.

Regards,

Sean. ~
:p ...I don't know how diplomatic I am as I started this topic but I'll take the compliment! LOL. Thank you! ;)

Mette-Marit quit smoking after she had pneumonia.

I really can't stand Mathilde's bright pink lipstick. (Such a specific thing, I know :p). It's just too bright and too pink and she wears it with everything. A browner lipstick would suit her fine.

Well, I think that there is little chance that we will get another designer than Natan's Eduard Vermeulen for Princess Mathilde (Princess Maxima gets most of her clothes there as well). I actually do not think it is to conservative, I do not like decolettes etc, especially not for a crownprincess. Maxima should stop dying her hair, let it turn darker, which would look a lot better with her face & eyes. And she should lose those horrible sunglasses & start wearing her hair up..it is to thin & 'peaky' to wear it down!,...I wouldnt change anything on Mathilde. Letizia is just startin, but I agree, she should lose the tv-presentor look. Mary Donaldson could look more as a human being than a porcelain doll as well.

GD Marie-Theresa of Luxembourg should definately lose some weight, she used to be a very attractive lady a few years ago (she still is, but she could be even more attractive if she lost some weight), I always liked her, she 'shines', always!

Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein needs a new & more modern haircu and slightly more fashionable clothes. Her make up does not do her justice as well, she should shop with Mathilde, as they both have a very white skin.

Madelaine of sweden should stop the tanning & dye her hair less blond...this is to much.

Call me naive, but I thought these ladies were all natural blondes! Especially Madeleine and Mette-Marit..

And, (this is just a personal opinion) I think when a woman reaches a certain age, she actually looks much younger with shorter hair..

Princess Anne could take 15 years off her appearance with a trendy cut...

;)

Can't get over the change with Elena just by thinning her eyebrows...
Where are my tweezers?!

;)

I've had such a good laugh reading these posts! Feel so much better about my own flaws!

Let's face it - if a princess can't get it right, there's hope for everyone!

:blush:

I would like to see:
Maxima - keep length of hair but curl it more often so it looks "done." The half up/half down style would be good for her for daytime engagements on windy days - her hair would stay out of her face. I think her weight has always been great.

Marie Chantal - tone down the blonde. It is too much now.

Mette-Marit - next pregnancy be willing to wear more maternity clothes. The regular clothes fitting over her pregnancy has not looked very regal.

Rania - Gain some weight, please. Otherwise she's gorgeous.

Letizia - wear closer-fitting suits and some jewelry to jazz it up. Keep the long hair down - I think with her hair up her nose might be too prominent.

Stephanie - softer shade of brunette hair dye would be better.

Queen Beatrix - cut hair into some layers!

Queen Noor - stop plastic surgery

Zara - less thigh and cleavage from now on.

I figured I would end on a positive note.......meow meow.............
I wouldn't change a thing on: Anne Marie, Princess Michael, Martha Louise, Alexandra of Denmark, Queen Elizabeth, Paola, Laurentien, Lady Helen Taylor, Serena Linley , or Sophie Wessex (love the long hair.)

Originally posted by beebee@Jan 4th, 2004 - 2:29 pm
CP Maxima really does need to stop smoking and start using sunscreen. She is lovely, but her skin is beginning to take on the tough, leathery appearance we call "smoker's skin."
I also agree that she has sun damage for someone her age. Did she smoke throughout her pregnancy? Is she still smoking?

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Jan 5th, 2004 - 9:37 am
I would like to see:

Rania - Gain some weight, please.  Otherwise she's gorgeous.

And for that future royal, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark as well.

I'm not picky about these ladies. I can say that CP Victoria needs to dress less seriously and Grand Duchess Marie Theresa could loose some weight. These are two beauties!

Queen Rania is in a different environment. She and her husband probably need to reflect Islamic values more closely and show some of Sonja's frugality. This would make them more relevant to the people they serve. I'm no Islamic expert, but I am told a woman doesn't need to wear a burqua to honor the Quran, just cover her hair. She may be the most beautiful royal around, but she needs to show modesty. It may help both of them to keep their jobs and even their heads.

Originally posted by yeadonite+Apr 4th, 2004 - 11:59 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yeadonite @ Apr 4th, 2004 - 11:59 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-beebee@Jan 4th, 2004 - 2:29 pm
CP Maxima really does need to stop smoking and start using sunscreen.  She is lovely, but her skin is beginning to take on the tough, leathery appearance we call "smoker's skin."
I also agree that she has sun damage for someone her age. Did she smoke throughout her pregnancy? Is she still smoking? [/b][/quote]
In the Netherlands here, we haven't see her anymore with a cigarette. I even guess that W-A has quit smoking.

Good job Amalia :lol:

But Maxima looks great in my opinion. Maybe that now she quitted smoking, she will look even better. Maybe refreshing her skin with a good cream will help :flower:

I want to dress Princess Anne myself . I bet I could make her a man magnet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Letizia needs to soften her looks a little bit. I would like to see her look a little bit more womanly.

Mette-Marit has the look of a high fashion model and should be able to pull off wearing high fashion designs. I think her hair is her glory.

I also think that Marie-Chantal is way too blonde and does indeed need to tone it down some.

Rania has a dark and lovely look that could be played up with the right clothes and makeup.

Queen Noor has had plastic surgery ??????????? :p :p :p

Noor has had her nose done years ago...and you can clearly see she is filling things up right now

Originally posted by mgrant@Apr 5th, 2004 - 3:56 pm
I want to dress Princess Anne myself . I bet I could make her a man magnet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Letizia needs to soften her looks a little bit. I would like to see her look a little bit more womanly.

Mette-Marit has the look of a high fashion model and should be able to pull off wearing high fashion designs. I think her hair is her glory.

I also think that Marie-Chantal is way too blonde and does indeed need to tone it down some.

Rania has a dark and lovely look that could be played up with the right clothes and makeup.

Queen Noor has had plastic surgery ??????????? :p :p :p
Some great comments mgrant! If I ever see a job ad for a royal fashion consultant, I'll recommend you! ;) And it seems like I should consult you on what to wear for my television appearances for work from now on!

I think that Maxima most likely spent a lot of time in the sun when she was younger. She does have a fair amount of sun damage for someone so young, so I am guessing that she had to spend a serious amount of time in the sun in her youth (a lot of outdoor play time I guess). My suggestions to her would be lots of water, the best cream moisturizer she could find with a high SPF, but that isn't too thick. She could also freshen up her skin with a gentle facial scrub two or three times a week and some light exfoliating once a month. One would think that Princess would know more about this type of stuff. ;)

Marie-Chantal definitely needs to stop dying her roots and highlighting. The cool blonde thing is getting old on her (and her sister Alex as well). I can barely tell these days where her hairline separates from her actual skin. Her hair and skin are almost the same color. Just too pale, IMO. She needs more warmth. The lightness of her hair in combination with her skin is also adding ten years to her appearance.

Rania could stand to gain a few pounds. She's lovely, but sometimes I feel that she could tip over at any minute.

It's good to see word is out about solar uv and skin aging! It is also a cancer causer.

Princess Anne could dress as a man-catcher, but she doesn't need to. She needs to dress elegantly reflecting her station in life. Her style influences her impact as strongly as just about anybody I've seen on these pages! :flower:

letizia: i think her style is great, as long as she decides what to wear by herself, and doesn't pay too much attention to protocol. i really liked her in her white armani suit although it was very critisized... once she wore a long red coat which was one of the most ugly outfits i've seen on her... and that was surely a decision of their image managers, as it was one of the first times she appeared in public. now she is paying more attention to what she likes, and that's really important.
and about her hair... i think it's a nice style...

maxima: i love her style... maybe what i would change is her hair... i really would like to see it longer.

mette marit: maybe her hair also... a different style or maybe a longer lenght. her casual clothes are a good option, but i would like to see her wearing other type of clothes (more formal ones) in her everyday life.

mathilde: she is the other way round... too formal. i've loved to see her when she went to africa in casual clothes, didn't you? i also like very much her soft make up... she is so beautiful she doesn't need too much.

mary donaldson: she doesn't seem to like her image very much... i think the same for her as i said about letizia... she should wear what she likes and shouldn't pay too much attention to protocol...

zara: great style! she is surely one of the most stylish young royals... however, i would also like to see her wearing more formal clothes.

These are my views on the royals:
Rania:she is very beautiful but very thin as well,i think it is due to the fact that she is Diabetic.Her clothes are very beautiful and oh so chic but at times inappropriate for the occasions where she has 2 interact with the less fortunate.

Mary:a very fast learner,has noticed she has really glamed up her image recently in a good way. :flower:

Maxima:Looks much older than her age and too drab at times :wacko:

Letizia:still stuck in her "day " job clothes :shock:

Mathilde:a natural beauty but so afraid to be free and fresh with her attire.To modest at time.

Classy royals are def,Silivia,Madeline,Ana Marie,Zara,and big favourite-Martha Lousie with her fresh take on Fashion. :heart:

Defintie no nos-Marie Chantal,Mette Marit and Beatrix who are so boring! :sick:

Originally posted by Alexandria+Apr 5th, 2004 - 6:59 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Apr 5th, 2004 - 6:59 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mgrant@Apr 5th, 2004 - 3:56 pm
I want to dress Princess Anne myself . I bet I could make her a man magnet :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Letizia needs to soften her looks a little bit.  I would like to see her look a little bit more womanly.

Queen Noor has had plastic surgery ??????????? :p  :p  :p
Some great comments mgrant! If I ever see a job ad for a royal fashion consultant, I'll recommend you! ;) And it seems like I should consult you on what to wear for my television appearances for work from now on! [/b][/quote]
I'll hook you up, Alexandria! :lol: ........and thanks for the job reference :p :p :p

Oh, okay. I really didn't see her smoking, but this pictures prove something else....

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Jan 5th, 2004 - 9:37 am
I wouldn't change a thing on: Anne Marie, Princess Michael, Martha Louise, Alexandra of Denmark, Queen Elizabeth, Paola, Laurentien, Lady Helen Taylor, Serena Linley , or Sophie Wessex (love the long hair.)
I agree with you 100%

Wow, everyone's really into this topic that I think I will just be saying what's already been said, but here goes:

Maxima: Really carefree and open and approachable. However I think I would like it if she went back to her brunette hair colour. This dyed blonde hair and what looks like a tan just looks like she's a beach babe/ Florida retiree. Of course only my opinion, but she looked lovely and softer when she had brown hair.

Mary: I like Mary and she's about the only one I can look at and say "wow, I can do that". I think she does a lot of mixing and matching with her old/new pieces. However, she does have thin upper lips (not her fault) which contributes to the sometimes haughty look. Also, perhaps her eyebrows are a bit too severe. Overall though, I think Mary is one of the most stylish and IMO will be a great trendsetter and ambassador for Danish fashion.

Mathilde: Just brilliant- the Grace Kelly of the current princesses :flower: . She's just so lovely, and I think her gowns are very elegant indeed. I actually don't think her gowns are too conservative, they are just well tailored.

MM: Absolutely adore MM's toned down style, but sometimes I think she could blow everyone away if she had been a bit more dressier, perhaps even like Mathilde's style. I think Mathilde's style would look good on MM.

Letizia: Letizia has the pantsuit thing down pat - she rules in this area IMO. However she wears them too much. I've seen her around only twice in skirts since the engagement, and she hasn't looked very comfortable in any of them. I think she's got a lovely face though one that can sometimes look harsh (especially her jaws which can look quite manly sometimes). However, if people say its because she's got lovely bone structure, then I'll believe that too!

Alexandra (of Denmark): I love Alex's elegance, for what she is, but for the most part, it has nothing to do with the clothes she wears. I'm not a fan of some of her outfits, especially those jacket/skirt combinations she always wears for her appearances. However, for the most part I love Alex's gala gowns - no objection there (except maybe one or two)!

... I didn't realise there were so many princesses to comment on but I think I need a rest :blush:

My opinion is that none of the royal ladies should change anything about themselves. They're just perfect the way they are, all of them. If they would change something that most people don't like about them, some people would find something else they don't like, and it would go one forever. But anyway, I think all the royal ladies look fine, none of them is ugly, are they? They all have theire charmes in a different way and I like that.

I would prefer Letizia to wear skirts & dresses more often. She always seems to be wearing pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom