Catherine Middleton's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably going to be controversial but not blown away by the dress one bit - in the car i thought oh i love the lace but then when she emerged i wasnt so sure. Maybe it will be a grower

Personally I think the dress is stunning! Elegant, regal and feminine. Very much Kate.

quite moderate not too grand feminine soft and elegant. Excellent choice! Kate looks sweet and young not a gold digger and different and more plain than Diana which is wise.

Probably going to be controversial but not blown away by the dress one bit - in the car i thought oh i love the lace but then when she emerged i wasnt so sure. Maybe it will be a grower

Might be the same thing as with CP Victoria. First I saw it I didn't like it much but it did suit her well.

I don't really like this dress (not that keen on lace and the top part of the dress) but maybe it'll grow on me. It seems to have a nice bustle in the back but I have to take another look. I also think Catherine is too thin and I wish she had a slightly better posture (and oh no, the dreaded eyeliner...). She looks too modest for this grandiose setting. Looking forward to how she'll develop in her role in the coming years.

texankitcat said:
Personally I think the dress is stunning! Elegant, regal and feminine. Very much Kate.

Yes- and very much Princess Grace too (ok I'll stop saying that I bet some of you are annoyed- sorry :) ) but HRH Duchess of Cambridge looks breathtakingly beautiful and I can't wait for Balconey kiss!

She looks stunning and very serene, but also very tired. You can see the dark circles. Poor thing probably didn't sleep a wink.

She looks beautiful. I like the dress: it's classic, simple, yet modern enough for my taste. It's very Kate. Love the lace, I am glad she went for transparent sleeves.

I love the top part of the dress, hate the bottom part. IMO it should have been a plain silk sort of material bottom with no pattern nor design. Sarah Burton however has done a very good job, let's hope she isn't cursed.

The dress was better than I expected! The hip/rear area is a little weird, but really almost the prefect dress.

The dress was better than I expected! The hip/rear area is a little weird, but really almost the prefect dress.

I agree! I love the upper part but around the hip it looks a bit weird. But overall she's a stunning bride :)

A beautiful dress. I love the lace appliqué. The design has a nice balance between detail & simplicity, grandeur/regalness & romance. It reminds me not only of Princess Grace's dress, but Princess Margaret's dress too.

I love her dress, It's something that is timeless like Princess Grace's dress, it looks good today but also 20 years from now.

A lovely lovely dress - I agree it will become a classic

Where did the bridal couple disappear?

A beautiful dress. I love the lace appliqué. The design has a nice balance between detail & simplicity, grandeur/regalness & romance. It reminds me not only of Princess Grace's dress, but Princess Margaret's dress too.

I'm looking forward to some clear pictures showing the embroidery around the bottom of the skirt. Must be difficult to strike a balance between detail which shows up and overdoing it. But this is very classic and elegant. I had expected it not to be waisted but it looks good.

Last edited:
Wonderful, simple, very like a wedding dress of Grace Kelly in spectacular style. Queue waiting longer.

THEY have signed the books..waiting for Catharine to curtsey to the queen..BTW, william said to Mr Middleton, we wanted a small wedding..

I must admit, HRH Duchess of Cambridge looks beautiful right now. What did they do to her in the back room, when she came out the door she looked more beautiful than during the ceremony.

Anybody notice where the two littlest bridesmaids went to ? - Oh it seems they have reappeared!

I wish I could hear what they are talking. I could only make out William saying "so many people" to Catherine.

Love the bridal dress very much. Very elegant and really suits her.

What a spectacular bride, she was very reminiscent of Princess Grace. I love her elegance and poise. She looked so amazing, just like a royal bride should look. Bravo!

first of all, Catherine is beautiful.

Re the dress, I think the bodice is too busy for her strong features and makeup, what worked for Grace, a blonde does not do too much for her. Liked the skirt.

Absolutely stunning dress - she looks incredible. They make a brilliant couple.
HURRAH!

Amazing dress. I think Catherine looks absolutely stunning today and the dress is beautiful. I also love her tiara (I only wish she had chosen an updo hairdo).

The only disappointing thing about the dress was the veil was way too short for me. I like the way she used lace & I love the detailing on the back of the dress. When she walked, the dress gave a nice movement.

I love the dress,I agree that it's similar to princess Grace's one

She must have asked Sarah Burton to design something like Grace Kellys dress. I think the dress is forgettable unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom