Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Burton has only ever said McQueen is not making the dress. Perhaps it's under her own name?

Sarah Burton designs for McQueen's label. So unless she has a clothing line I doubt it'll be her name on the dress.

I'm still thinking she may downplay Burtons designs...I hope she makes me proud:)

Perhaps she's launching her own label with the dress? Otherwise I would think it very bad form to deny outright that you are designing the dress.

Almost certainly the dress will have sleeves and covered shoulders, per royal protocol. I'm guessing Kate will be wearing something of Diana's, not her dress or anything but maybe some fabric from Diana's dress or veil.. maybe the veil? Maybe her earrings or something. Just have a feeling, probably wrong!!

I'm still hoping it's Jenny Packham. She may have disguised herself as Sarah Burton to throw the media off.

If it is Sarah Burton, I think she is very foolish to enter the hotel dressed as she is. Poor Kate, imagine keeping it a secret for so long and then the designer herself lets the cat out of the bag the day before!

I'm still hoping it's Jenny Packham. She may have disguised herself as Sarah Burton to throw the media off.

If it is Sarah Burton, I think she is very foolish to enter the hotel dressed as she is. Poor Kate, imagine keeping it a secret for so long and then the designer herself lets the cat out of the bag the day before!

Yes, perhaps Sarah Burton is Philippa's dress designer? Her designs would be suitable for a royal bridesmaid if not a bride. They've all played this so carefully for so long I doubt very much that they would slip up at this eleventh hour. I love the fact that Catherine has kept us all guessing.

I hope Sarah does a great dress, she does have some really creative ideas & hope she does use them instead of creating a very plain dress for Kate.

Sarah is designing for A.McQueen so the dress would be in his name & not hers. Just like Galliano designs for Dior, Its still called Dior & not Galliano.

:britflag:

With all the guessing for the dress,at least we know what William will be wearing.The great looking red uniform of the Irish Guards of which he is a Honorary Colonel.

:britflag:

With all the guessing for the dress,at least we know what William will be wearing.The great looking red uniform of the Irish Guards of which he is a Honorary Colonel.

He is going to look so very GOOD!!!

I am sure there will be a huge worldwide audience...but I think 2 billion is a bit wide of the mark.

I was in the hair salon this afternoon and literally no one cared about this wedding, and a NY Timed poll had only 6% of Americans following it.:sad:

Times have changed a lot since the Charles/Diana wedding in 1981.

Last edited:
Yes, times have changed, but the allure of kingship somehow doesn't go away. It's something indefinable, and even a hardened Scottish Nationalist like me is glued to the screen to watch the proceedings.

After all, Her Majesty is Queen Elizabeth the First of Scotland, and the Second of England :)

Well, I'm glued..that's for sure! I love weddings, even the Vegas kind make me cry! :p

And there is NO wedding like a Royal Wedding...so bring it on!

I am sure there will be a huge worldwide audience...but I think 2 billion is a bit wide of the mark.

I was in the hair salon this afternoon and literally no one cared about this wedding, and a NY Timed poll had only 6% of Americans following it.:sad:

To be honest, it doesn't matter how many people in the States watch it. If there's a huge and enthusiastic crowd for them in England, that's all that matters.

To be honest, it doesn't matter how many people in the States watch it. If there's a huge and enthusiastic crowd for them in England, that's all that matters.

:previous:We may be a niche audience, but we're pretty loyal. The advertisers would love to get us!

Oh I don't doubt that. Just in the end game, as long as the people of the UK, who they will eventually be King/Queen Consort over, are the people who should be most enthusiastic.

I just can't wait to see the dress. I do hope that Sarah Burton designs the dress.

Perhaps she's launching her own label with the dress? Otherwise I would think it very bad form to deny outright that you are designing the dress.

Sarah Burton is not launching her own label. She's only recently became head of McQueen, so she has her hands full.

If this is what Kate has chosen, the dress will technically be listed as Alexander McQueen if it has label, as the technical name for the house is still Alexander McQueen not Sarah Burton or Alexander McQueen by Sarah Burton.

Just my own two cents, if she has chosen the house of McQueen, it's a fashion forward choice, although we will probably get something pretty classical. But, Burton lacks the talent, creativity and uniqueness of Alexander. If Alexander was still alive and doing her dress, I would be positively salivating at the thought. That man was a genius.

The Clarence House Twitter account just promised that they would be the first to share full details about the dress! Guess we'll have to keep an eye on the Twitter feed while the cameras are trying to peek into the car.

There is more interest than you think. I went to my hairdresser yesterday for a trim, and we discussed it at length. She is Korean and although doesn't understand the RF traditions, she was enthusiastic about seeing the wedding.

Also, my co-workers were discussing it last week, and although the guys weren't into it, most of the women were interested.

Last edited:
Interesting turn of the phrase is Alexander Mcqueen isn't designing the dress. Well I agree with SisterM of course he isn't, he died last year. So technically Sarah Burton didn't lie, she would be designing itl
And this am what looked suspiciously like Sarah was sneaking into the Goring Hotel. So it's only a short time to see if Ms Burton let the cat out of the bag by doing the not so sneaky sneak-in.

Oo just saw Chesly...interesting dress, looks very happy.

In terms of consumption of trips to Britain (and wedding goods and British designers), the interest of the rest of the world does matter.

Catherine has left the Goring Hotel. Please continue discussion of her dress, about to come into view, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom