The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
Yes, but how many people have 2 or even 3 receptions in 1 day?
It is quite traditional in Britain to have an 'evening' do at which you invite more people - usually the people you are not as close to - with the reception immediately following the ceremony reserved for close family and friends.

The evening do usually has the dancing element and finger food or a simple buffet, with the first reception being more of a formal sit-down meal with the speeches.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

Hope this video can be put here. Very interesting about past royal ladies' dresses. I hope Catherine has sleeves. I personally am tired about modern wedding dress without sleeves.

Royal wedding dresses revealed - Fashion Videos - Telegraph

Love the first dress of Princess Charlotte. If she did not die in child birth English royalty succession of today would be different.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/galle...-pictures.html

Speculation over royal wedding dress reaches fever pitch | UK news | The Guardian

Old 04-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby1965

I think most brides having a wedding gown made (not bought off the peg) design it themselves to a degree. I know I did. I chose my own fabrics and embellishments ... chose type of sleeves, skirt etc. My dressmaker then drafted a pattern and off we went. The wedding gown of my dreams.
Oh I agree, definitely, every bride has preferences in the style, fabric, color, etc. of her wedding gown and every bride should have the dress she wants. I just think the designer of Catherine's dress should be (and probably is) a professional who will listen to Catherine's wishes and design Catherine's dream dress for her.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:09 AM
Majesty

I looked at the sketches for kate and I loved the Stephane Rolland gown they created.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I've been wondering whether the designer is Phillippa Lepley, after all.

She was the favorite to begin with, then all these other designers were mentioned (although most have denied it). But I don't believe Lepley has issued a denial, has she?

I'll just be happy if it's not Sophie Cranston, I don't care for her designs at all.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Nobility

IMHO although I do not know Ms Middleton, just from her tailored sense and conservative style, this looks like her..Mine too....I could see her in a couture collection...lovely.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Gentry

Some Canadian bridal designers have some ideas for Kate

Day 7: Canadian Bridal Designers Create Dresses for Kate | Weddingbells.ca
Old 04-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I've been wondering whether the designer is Phillippa Lepley, after all.

She was the favorite to begin with, then all these other designers were mentioned (although most have denied it). But I don't believe Lepley has issued a denial, has she?

I'll just be happy if it's not Sophie Cranston, I don't care for her designs at all.
I would absolutely love it if Phillipla Lepley was the designer. Her wedding dresses are absolutely beautiful and her design style just screams Kate. However, I doubt it will be. She was an early favorite but was dropped pretty quickly from the list.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness

Royal wedding dress is very detailed model is not a noble dream. As will be full lace veil. I hope Princess Maxima's wedding dress is so beautiful and noble.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I would absolutely love it if Phillipla Lepley was the designer. Her wedding dresses are absolutely beautiful and her design style just screams Kate. However, I doubt it will be. She was an early favorite but was dropped pretty quickly from the list.
I agree with you ! I would love Philippa Lepley to be THE designer...Her wedding gowns are exquisite, and would perfectly fit Catherine.
Who knows...maybe we're in for a nice surprise next Friday

Old 04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Nobility

After the Royal Wedding, what else is there to discuss about Wills and Kate? I sense the Royal's room (British) will remain silent..Until they return from their honeymoon.....and until Kate is with child

So I surmise we will discuss The Monarchy of France...till then, I have scones, Earl Grey tea and biscuits.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
After the Royal Wedding, what else is there to discuss about Wills and Kate? I sense the Royal's room (British) will remain silent..Until they return from their honeymoon.....and until Kate is with child

So I surmise we will discuss The Monarchy of France...till then, I have scones, Earl Grey tea and biscuits.
Oh I imagine all the Wills and Kate forums are going to be jumping with each and every detail of the wedding, what was worn, who said what and onwards. We've hashed out every minute detail to the nth degree since the engagement and I don't expect any less after the the wedding is over.

Should be enough to get us by till they return from the honeymoon and prepare for their Canadian trip!

The big moment for me on Friday will be when Kate steps out of the car in her dress. I expect she is going to be totally gorgeous!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Gentry

I think that's she's got so slim that she will look good in anything. I suppose that we shall just have to wait and see. As for her tiara, she will enter the abbey wearing flowers or just a veil on her head...she will exit wearing a tiara. (I would not be suprised to see her wearing the Spencer, as she has Di's ring.) These facts have put me off, because I can't open a newspaper or listen to the news, without hearing about Diana. (I was not fond of her, and think that William should perhaps be showing a little more thought for his father.) I don't mean to offend anyone, just my thoughts.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalil View Post
I think that's she's got so slim that she will look good in anything. I suppose that we shall just have to wait and see. As for her tiara, she will enter the abbey wearing flowers or just a veil on her head...she will exit wearing a tiara. (I would not be suprised to see her wearing the Spencer, as she has Di's ring.) These facts have put me off, because I can't open a newspaper or listen to the news, without hearing about Diana. (I was not fond of her, and think that William should perhaps be showing a little more thought for his father.) I don't mean to offend anyone, just my thoughts.
The Spencer tiara isn't an option. It belongs to the Spencer family and since she is not marrying the Earl Spencer or his heir, nor is she the daughter of the current Earl, she won't be wearing it.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalil View Post

No to the Spencer tiara. Just no. She's not a Spencer bride, she's not marrying into the Spencer family. While William is half-Spencer, and his maternal aunts and uncle will be present, she's marrying into a royal family, which is a bit more than your average everyday family. She's marrying into an institution, the House of Windsor. Doesn't matter where William's mother came from, sad as that may be.

The Spencer tiara is not available for her to wear, she has no right or entitlement to it, just because she's marrying a man who is half-Spencer.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Princess View Post
It is quite traditional in Britain to have an 'evening' do at which you invite more people - usually the people you are not as close to - with the reception immediately following the ceremony reserved for close family and friends.

The evening do usually has the dancing element and finger food or a simple buffet, with the first reception being more of a formal sit-down meal with the speeches.

It's an interesting way to do things. So, what is the etiquette? Do the bride and groom wear their wedding-ceremony attire to the evening party, or do they change? What does everyone do all afternoon? (Keep it clean! )

Maybe Catherine will wear a wedding dress that could be easily adapted to an evening dance/supper, with the removal of a train...hopefully she'll keep the tiara on!

Sister Morphine and texankitcat, I share your frustration with people who keep insisting Catherine has a right to wear the Spencer family's tiara...how many times can you say Not An Option/No/Not Gonna Happen?
Old 04-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do agree that the Spencer tiara is not an option for Catherine to wear. And for once I agree that too much time & energy is being focused on Diana, Princess of Wales. I think that Charles should really be getting some credit here, he's done a remarkable job raising the boys. Not only that, but this is Catherine & William's day and nothing should spoil that.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I do agree that the Spencer tiara is not an option for Catherine to wear. And for once I agree that too much time & energy is being focused on Diana, Princess of Wales. I think that Charles should really be getting some credit here, he's done a remarkable job raising the boys. Not only that, but this is Catherine & William's day and nothing should spoil that.
Absolutely! Charles deserves as much credit as Diana in how these boys have been raised into men of compassion, substance and their touch with common people. I have read many books on the Royal Family, and one thing that has come through consistently is that despite the drama in the marriage, Charles and Diana were in complete agreement in the raising of their children. He has continued her legacy with them of keeping them grounded and in touch with the common man, and yet knowing their place in their duties to the crown.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Serene Highness

Also, William's (and Harry) relationship with Earl Spencer, the owner of the tiara, has not been extremely close. Despite his pledge to help raise the boys, by all accounts, Earl Spencer has not been very involved in the boys' life after the funeral, despite making millions off of the traveling Diana exhibit (which definitely is more than average museum admission). The Earl and Diana had falling outs over her use of the Spencer tiara and his not letting her stay at Althorp during her separation and divorce.
Granted, this is mostly rumor and the Earl's marital record has not given him a positive image. But it's very telling that he is sitting with the Middletons and not with the Windsors even though he is family of the groom. Given the personal involvement William has in his own wedding, I doubt he would have accepted this slight if he were really close to his uncle. So besides the facts listed above that Catherine is not a Spencer and not marrying into the Spencer family, there are many other personal reasons she will not wear that tiara. Finally, the Spencer tiara is part of the traveling exhibition (and I've seen it on display) so it will be in Kansas City, Missouri and not Westminster Abbey come Friday.
Tiara gallery from the Diana, a celebration exhibition.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Majesty

The Earl AND his children are sitting with the Middletons? That is strange, imo.

What about Diana's sisters Lady Sarah and Lady Jane?

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding