The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
An article on Yahoo states the Middleton's are paying $163,000 for the wedding icluding the bridal dressES- as in plural not just one so....not sure how accurate it is but, maybe there really are 2

Kate Middleton's parents 'face £100,000 wedding bill' - Yahoo! News
Catherine needs two dresses (at least) for the day. The wedding dress and a dress for the evening event.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Catherine needs two dresses (at least) for the day. The wedding dress and a dress for the evening event.
I disagree-many plp wear 1 to both events as have all the CP's (I think) but if she wants 2 that's ok too, I just hope we get pics at least of the second one

Old 04-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

1 week to go, people!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I disagree-many plp wear 1 to both events as have all the CP's (I think) but if she wants 2 that's ok too, I just hope we get pics at least of the second one
Well, IMo I would go for 2 dresses, the second dress for the evening can be quit eight & simple. It would be quite hard to stay in a dress especially if it was heavy form the morning to the night, even if she had a few hours and changed into something before putting it back on would be not fun IMO. The designer could do a detachable train for the evening.

For the second event I don't expect her to wear a lavish wedding dress but a simple white/ivory dress from chiffon and maybe with lace.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
1 week to go, people!

Yeah I can,t wait for next week to come.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Gentry

I wonder if she will wear another white dress or something completely different for the evening do. Perhaps something by Issa or one of the non-British designer favourites?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes, but how many people have 2 or even 3 receptions in 1 day? I doubt she will wear the same dress for the evening as for the morning. I am thinking a white / ivory/ champagne colored evening dress.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34

Yes, but how many people have 2 or even 3 receptions in 1 day? I doubt she will wear the same dress for the evening as for the morning. I am thinking a white / ivory/ champagne colored evening dress.
My sister had two receptions - one formal at the Shriner's Hall and another informal reception at her husband's club later that evening. My sister and the rest of us were in party pantsuits.
I also doubt she would wear the same dress for the evening, especially if the dress has yards and yards of train on it, and/or it is heavy from the sheer weight of the fabric.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Any wedding I've been to where there's either been a huge gap between the service and the reception or multiple receptions, have seen the bride changing dresses -- usually into something a bit more evening gown like or slinkier, if any receptions are in the evening.

So I can see Catherine wearing her wedding gown for the breakfast immediately after the service, and then changing into something else for the latter events during the day, especially the evening function thrown by the Prince of Wales.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It would be interested to find out who is doing the second dress as the focus is all on the main dress. I think the reception evening dress is going to be kind of fitted with a flow to it.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

She favors the brand Issa a lot, perhaps that may be where she gets her 2nd dress (if she wears one) from.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
She favors the brand Issa a lot, perhaps that may be where she gets her 2nd dress (if she wears one) from.
I wouldn't like to see an Issa gown, they all look a-like & the fabric isn't elegant for a wedding reception IMO, even if its custom made, I still think she should go for another designer.

Would it be an option if she wore sleeveless or off the shoulders to her big day or would it be long sleeves or 3/4 quarters?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

I would think as long as the shoulders are covered it would be okay. Even little cap sleeves of some kind. On Today show this morning they showed Princess Charlotte's wedding gown from 1840's?? and it had little cap sleeves. JMO for what it is worth....
Old 04-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

That was also the style of time, though. I believe that was the Empire era in terms of mode of dress. Either that or Georgian. Either way, small cap sleeves like that were on all women's dresses.

As for Issa -- it's a wedding reception or at least an evening reception; a slinkier, more Hollywood-type gown is more than appropriate. She doesn't need to still wear her bridal satin or a wedding gown of some nature.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

The nice thing about a second dress is that you can choose something completely different from your first choice! Why do a replica of the ceremony gown?
Issa designer Daniela Helayel is very talented and I can totally see Kate wearing on of her dresses at the 2nd reception.

Regardless of who gets to make it, I WILL NEED TO SEE it, Kate!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Royal Highness

Why is it we believe almost nothing reported but 1 time person (Bruce O) is reported as saying shell have a 2nd dress and we believe that? (not saying it's not true just wondering where we draw the line about believing the media)

Maybe there will or won't be but I 100% agree if there is I'd like to see it and a slinky sexy dress would be fun/appropriate .....
Old 04-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Why is it we believe almost nothing reported but 1 time person (Bruce O) is reported as saying shell have a 2nd dress and we believe that? (not saying it's not true just wondering where we draw the line about believing the media)

Maybe there will or won't be but I 100% agree if there is I'd like to see it and a slinky sexy dress would be fun/appropriate .....
A slinky sexy dress would be nice. You think she would be able to get away that? When Diana wore that black strapless gown, I thought, "Uh oh, I don't think the Queen is going to be too happy with that!" I myself thought she looked fabulous!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:

I think whoever is designing gown 1 and gown 2 are keeping quite whether it is the same designer or different. I think Bruce O was just speculating at the time or Kate actually did go and ask him for 2 dresses but his designs where not what she hoped it to be so she went elsewhere & he started talking.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I think whoever is designing gown 1 and gown 2 are keeping quite whether it is the same designer or different. I think Bruce O was just speculating at the time or Kate actually did go and ask him for 2 dresses but his designs where not what she hoped it to be so she went elsewhere & he started talking.
Interesting, that's kind of the way I think it happened. Kate asked different designers to make a sketch for her and from that she chose.
If true will we ever found out the ones considered?..
Old 04-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Interesting, that's kind of the way I think it happened. Kate asked different designers to make a sketch for her and from that she chose.
If true will we ever found out the ones considered?..
Maybe we will as the designers could say we designed this or this was an idea but rejected who knows.

Speculation over royal wedding dress reaches fever pitch
Article

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding