Best Hats by a Royal Lady

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
who has and wears the best hats in your opinion?

i think the duchess of cornwall has lovely ones... :)

The Duchess of C. has been wearing some good hats (and some interesting hats!), but I think Mathilde has wonderful hats.

I think Queen Elizabeth II, the Duchess of Cornwall, Crown Princess Maxima, and sometimes the Countess of Wessex have the best hats.

i chose late Diana,Princess of Wales because she had best hats styles!

and im really like Countess of Wessex's hats also because she very creatives hats

Sara Boyce

Re:

There are two ways of wearing hats. Princess Anne wears her hats at the back of her head, so that they create a sort of halo effect or if they are pillbox (which she seems to prefer) she wears the netting over the front of her hair and her forehead. Diana tended to wear her hats that way too and it's actually been referred to as the 'Diana Way' but Princess Anne had claimed it years before.

Then there's the Duchess of Cornwall way which is favoured by almost every female Royal. That is to wear them directly down on the head which means that they are not at an angle and the hat's shape isn't altered by the wearer.

I think the Duchess of Cornwall is favouring larger feathered creations which suit her alot. Queen Margrethe has to be careful when choosing hats because they can make her look bald. The grey creation she wore whilst in Japan made her look quite ill, but the Grand Dame of Hats is Queen Beatrix who seems to be able to wear any millinery creation and look fabulous in it.

I think Queen Elizabeth II's hats are really great.The Countess of Wessex's hats are also creative.And also some hats from Princess Mary of Denmark.

But i think should we would be have opinions for old Royal Ladies together and young Royal Ladies together.Because how can we compare hats from Queen Elizabeth II with Princess Maxima,they are in really different ages.Maybe we 'd better give our opinion of Ladies in ages like Mamxima with Mary,Mette Marit or Martha Louise and Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Margrethe II, Queen Beatrix, Queen Sonja,Queen Silvia, Duchess of Cornwall,...How do you think about that?

Martha-Louise has some VERY fun hats! I had look like a muse with her hat, but Martha-Louise always look good in her hats! Of Martha-Louise and Mette-Marit has Martha-Louise the best hat style!

No One Does it Like Diana Did!!

Honestly, the woman who put hats back on the map as a true fashion accessory and not a protocol requirement was Diana, Princess of Wales. In the beginning, the hats were not great with the plumes, skull caps etc designed by John Boyd. Once she branched out to better designers, watch out!! She looked fabulous!! Even the Queen has gone to some of Diana's milliners for hats and I have seen such an improvement in Her Majesty's hats in the last 10 years!!

i think martha louise and mary has made som good chooices in their hats

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall simply the best!

Instead of just mentioning names of royal ladies whose headwear we like, can we talk about WHY they are our favourite?
Post #7 is a great example of discussion and is much more interesting to spark further discussion!

tiaraprin said:
Honestly, the woman who put hats back on the map as a true fashion accessory and not a protocol requirement was Diana, Princess of Wales. In the beginning, the hats were not great with the plumes, skull caps etc designed by John Boyd. Once she branched out to better designers, watch out!! She looked fabulous!! Even the Queen has gone to some of Diana's milliners for hats and I have seen such an improvement in Her Majesty's hats in the last 10 years!!
You is right!!!

I never paid attention to hats until Diana. She is responsible for my hat fetish.;)
I can even remember her outfit/hat that sparked my interest.

From the older generation it's a tie between Q. Elizabeth and Q. Beatrix.

From my generation I'm going with Mathilde and Maxima even though both are never consistent in the stunning hat department.

is there a certain hat shape/size to wear to a certain event ?
Some of the best hats are worn by Mary, Maxima & i could say Q.Elizabeth, Mette-Marit does have some nice peices as well.
I think Maxima's hats are fun/weird & not something you would see many people in her position pulling off well. Yes they might be a bit over the top, but theyre nice. Mary wears simple hats, not so much fuss to them. Q.Elizabeth's hats are classic & very much her age & that what makes them nice imo. Mette-Marit has some nice hair pieces. Ill have to post the pictures.
When talking about the hats you like, could you also post a picture along so we could all know what your talking about.

tiaraprin said:

Exactly!!! I liked Diana's hats from the 90s.

1. The Work Continues - About Us - About the Fund - Photo Gallery - Details

2. The Work Continues - About Us - About the Fund - Photo Gallery - Details
Both hats are still very much in style. Simple and elegant. I can't stand the large and feathered ones.

Last edited:
Best royal hat

in your opinion what is the best hat worn by a royal

One more of Madeleine and Victoria too from Lauren and Claire wedding
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs20/laurentbelgium1963-89.jpg (Worldroots)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4253&d=1050316147 (by Josefine)

and Madde from Willem-Alexander and Maxima wedding
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs14/willemnether1967-97.jpg
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs14/willemnether1967-167.jpg I remember when I saw this picture in press... Maddeleine looks so fresh and powerful.

Last edited:
Mette-Marit

Maybe I am the only one.. but I really loved this hat worn by Mete-Marit:
MM feather hat

Another pretty hat worn in 2006
Big cream-blue hat
(Polfoto, originally posted by JessRulz)

Gorgeous hat
big hat
(originally posted by Larzen)

Last edited:
i wish i had an occasion(and the money) to wear such hats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom