Best Dressed Royal Lady at the Dutch Inauguration Festivities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who was the best dressed royal lady at the Dutch inauguration festivities?

• 1) Queen/Princess Beatrix

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 2) Princess/Queen Máxima

Votes: 90 44.6%
  • 3) Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • 4) Sheikha Mozah of Qatar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5) Crown Princess Masako of Japan

• 6) The Duchess of Cornwall

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • 7) Crown Princess Sarah of Burnei

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 8) Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • 9) Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • 10) The Princess of Asturias

Votes: 24 11.9%
  • 11) Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein

• 12) Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 13) The Duchess of Brabant

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • 14) Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg

• 15) Princess Margriet of The Netherlands

• 16) Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand

• 17) Princess Irene of The Netherlands

• 18) Princess Christina of The Netherlands

• 19) Princess Sarvath of Jordan

• 20) Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands

• 21) Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 22) Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
1) Queen/Princess Beatrix: * Rijks Museum (middle) * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

2) Princess/Queen Máxima: * Rijks Museum (left)* Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

3) Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

4) Sheikha Mozah of Qatar: * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw (right)*

5) Crown Princess Masako of Japan: * Inauguration *

6) The Duchess of Cornwall: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration *

7) Crown Princess Sarah of Burnei: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration *

8) Crown Princess Mary of Denmark: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

9) Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

10) The Princess of Asturias: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw = This dress *

11) Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

12) Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

13) The Duchess of Brabant: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

14) Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw = This dress *

15) Princess Margriet of The Netherlands: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

16) Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration *

17) Princess Irene of The Netherlands: * Rijks Museum (right) * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

18) Princess Christina of The Netherlands: * Rijks Museum (left) * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

19) Princess Sarvath of Jordan: * Rijks Museum * Inauguration *

20) Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands: * Rijks Museum (right) * Inauguration * Muziekgebouw *

21) Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau: * Rijks Museum (left) * Inauguration (right) * Muziekgebouw *

22) Other.

Last edited:
You can cast your votes.

Maxima, noone could touch her though I didn't like her first gown.

Last edited:
I don't see Mathidle name am I going mad ??? Sorry if it is there but next to Maxima I really thought she was the best dressed guest.

Definitely Queen Máxima. She looked stunning at all events! :flowers:

I don't see Mathidle name am I going mad ??? Sorry if it is there but next to Maxima I really thought she was the best dressed guest.

Mathilde is listed as number 13 :flowers:

I thought Mathilde look the most consistently stylish lady after the Maxima. I like all of her gowns. I was also
really impressed at how consistently well-dressed Laurentien was throughout the festivities.

Last edited:
Queen Maxima! She was Queen of all events.

Mathilde is The Duchess of Brabant..

Marengo, you could have completely avoided individual names for entries 5,7,8,9,12,14 and added "The", just as you did for 6,10,13. It would have become uniformly regal, just the titles for all "second ladies" from 5 to 14..
Please consider doing that, it will make the list look more impressive..

Last edited:
Maxima by a mile - nobody could even hold a candle to her. Mathilde was second best for me, third Letizia (on day 2) and Mary (on day 1).

Maxima wins. She looked every bit the CP/Queen that she was and is today. No one came close. She was perfect. Maxima's daily outfits are not always my favorite but she knows when to bring in the "big guns" when she needs to.

Second place is tie between Princess Lalla Salma & Princess of Asturias and 3rd goes CP Mary.

Maxima, noone could touch her though I didn't like her first gown.

Exactly! I couldn't believe that she would recycle a dress for That Occasion, never mind That Dress!

Daytime: Maxima
Evening: Mary

All in all:
1. Maxima: The 2 daytime outfits (30 April) were simply perfect and the evening dresses weren't bad either, though not really to my liking. It was her day and she hit it on the nail where and when it really mattered.
2. Mary: I loved all her dresses, she looked great.
3. Mathilde: Despite not having the greatest body she can look really gorgeous. A bit too much pink for me though.
+ Letizia: The last was the best. She looked great, just not a fan of her colour choices.

Last edited:
Queen Maxima!
But everyone looked wonderful!

I would rate Maxima the worst dressed by far on all occasions - she looked absolutely awful throughout.

Mary looked blah on most days.

Letizia looked good.

Victoria - her usual lack of taste showed.

Camilla looked good on all occasions as the dresses she chose actually flattered her figure.

MM - well the less said about her curtain dress on the first day.

I would rate Maxima the worst dressed by far on all occasions - she looked absolutely awful throughout.

Mary looked blah on most days.

Letizia looked good.

Victoria - her usual lack of taste showed.

Camilla looked good on all occasions as the dresses she chose actually flattered her figure.

MM - well the less said about her curtain dress on the first day.

I could not possibly disagree more!

Maxima (in a class all her own, not really fair to compare the others to her on her day)
The Others:
1Letizia
2Mathilde
3Camilla
4Victoria
5Mary

I didn't realise it was a competition :flowers:

I didn't realise it was a competition :flowers:
Oh, I don´t think it is. It´s just for fun ;)

Maxima by a mile - nobody could even hold a candle to her. Mathilde was second best for me, third Letizia (on day 2) and Mary (on day 1).
I agree with those choices.
Maxima shouldn´t be here, she´s already the winner. It was her day, and no one from her guest could ever overshadow her.

Mathilde second, I quite like her evening looks and she was IMO the best dressed for the ceremony in the church.

I liked Mary´s second evening dress the most. The one from the first day wasn´t my cup of tea because of the colour, but she still was one of the best. She missed it at the church.

Letizia´s second evening dress is one of my all-time favourites, so that has to be her best one. The daytime look was fine and she herself looked very good. And I didn´t like the dress from the day 1, but I liked the tiara and her hairstyle (and honestly, she always looks one of the best even when she wears ugly clothes, she´s just a beautiful woman), so I think it was a good couple of days for her.

Victoria disappointed me a lot. I loved her look the first day and she was my favourite at the dinner. But then her choices were strange. I didn´t like any of them, although I wish we could have seen the evening dress better.

Mette Marit only was beautiful the second evening, and Camilla only looked good at the church. Stephanie´s look were...well, her style.

I am a true admirer of Maxima, and I do think that the blue gown she donned for the inauguration, as well as the tiara, were stunningly beautiful choices. But the other two looks were, as my son would say, "meh".... So-so. The Valentino, in particular, didn't do her any favors.

In general I am not a big fan of the Princess of Asturias; I certainly don't dislike her but tend to be rather neutral. And yet I must say that everything that Letizia wore for this series of events was magnificent. She looked beautiful at every turn. Elegant, chic, fashionable, and appropriate for every event. She gets my vote.

Last edited:
Daytime: Maxima
Evening: Mary

All in all:
1. Maxima: The 2 daytime outfits (30 April) were simply perfect and the evening dresses weren't bad either, though not really to my liking. It was her day and she hit it on the nail where and when it really mattered.
2. Mary: I loved all her dresses, she looked great.
3. Mathilde: Despite not having the greatest body she can look really gorgeous. A bit too much pink for me though.
+ Letizia: The last was the best. She looked great, just not a fan of her colour choices.

You are right on the mark. Mary's suit wasn't a favorite, Mathilde looked spectacular all the time. Letizia, looked lovely, but pained.

Generally, empire waist frocks are a no-no pour une femme avec un grand buste. Camilla's hair and make-up were nice, though.

Not counting Maxima who proved that it really is good to be the Queen...! ;) I voted 1st place to Mathilde Duchesse de Brabant who nailed each event and looked like a goddess. Second place to Letizia and third to Mary, because I really did not like that dress she wore to the Inaugural at all, and I wasn't crazy about the dark red dress with ruffles either.

Isn't it a little unfair to put HM the Queen in the poll? The question was for the ladies who attended, and HM was the lady of the evening. I would have put my vote for Mary.

No offense to HM as she is by far my favorite royal lady! She is always above the rest -stunning as can be! I was expecting this to be about the other ladies.

Isn't it a little unfair to put HM the Queen in the poll? The question was for the ladies who attended, and HM was the lady of the evening. I would have put my vote for Mary.

No offense to HM as she is by far my favorite royal lady! She is always above the rest -stunning as can be! I was expecting this to be about the other ladies.

The fact she was 'lady of the evening' is a matter of opinion. She attended so therefore her picture is up there.

I can't say who was the best dressed - for me there were three at the first place: Maxima, Letizia and Victoria.

Maxima's first dress was a big disappointment, the others were beautiful. The first dress looks like it was dropping all the time, the inauguration dress was fabulous. And the last dress was nice.
Letizia's grey dress wasn't suitable for a daytime event at the church and the hat wasn't the best choice for her, the others were beautiful. The black dress looked gorgeous on her and the blue has always been one of my favourites.
I loved all Victoria's dresses, the Escada at the church was great, such a perfect choice of a dress for a daytime event with a hat. And the hat was one of the greatest I have ever seen. The purple Elie Saab is one of Victoria's most beautiful dresses ever and the golden one (Jenny Packham?) was appropriate for the last event.

1.Letizia
2. Mary
3. Lalla

The rest are pretty ordinary
Maximas dress is foul honestly its gaggingly awful.

Princess Mathilde, Duchesse de Brabant, she looked stunning at all events.

Queen Maxima she was the best.

No one will be able to touch Máxima at this event. She was best dressed of all the ladies who attended and shined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom