The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Can see right thru the dress. Not suitable for visit to Russia.
Not suitable for an official visit anywhere

Old 10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
!!!
Absolutely speechless!!!

You and me both!

LaRae

Old 10-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

The dress that Charlene wore wouldn't be suitable for any public occasion.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:43 AM
Royal Highness

Well,at least she was not going Sharon Stones-style;-) This is one of the most horrible royal fashion fauxpas, I am really sad for Charléne because she is such a lovely, pretty woman and I know she can do much better than this...
Old 11-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia of Spain attends award ceremony of the Spanish Association of Publishers of Periodicals

Yet another proof of Letizia' very poor sense of occasion, wearing leather pants and red high heels to an award ceremony where people were dressed far more formally. This outfit looks good for a private disco visit or a night out with friends, but just silly at such an event when representing the royal family, it distracts from the purpose of the event and hey, its actually begging for critizism, not being recognized for working hard but wearing unsuitable leather pants.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...RkRK-DYDKl.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...A8453RXuZl.jpg
Old 11-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Could someone post the pic of Charlene's dress in Moscow? The link does not work for me!
Old 11-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

http://m5.paperblog.com/i/67/674458/...-L-qfBq3j.jpeg

Charlene's dress The issue was that some people thought it didn't have a lining

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
http://m5.paperblog.com/i/67/674458/...-L-qfBq3j.jpeg

Charlene's dress The issue was that some people thought it didn't have a lining
OMG!
She did not look at the mirror before going out?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia of Spain attends award ceremony of the Spanish Association of Publishers of Periodicals

Yet another proof of Letizia' very poor sense of occasion, wearing leather pants and red high heels to an award ceremony where people were dressed far more formally. This outfit looks good for a private disco visit or a night out with friends, but just silly at such an event when representing the royal family, it distracts from the purpose of the event and hey, its actually begging for critizism, not being recognized for working hard but wearing unsuitable leather pants.

Well I really do like her outfit , it’s Trendy Stylish & the leather pants is Became very Fashionable lately , even though I’m not a fun of leather pants , but sometimes it looks Nice , it always works well with Blazer & flashy shoes color like How Princess Letizia wore it ,, But I really would agree with you about this outfit is not suits the occasion at all , But she looks Nice .
Old 11-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Completely agree. Letizia seems to be the Queen of Way-Too-Informal-Outfit-For-Such-A-Formal-Situation. Never saw any royal doing this mistake so many times. It borders the ridiculous and it seems like if she's doing it on purpose. It helps nothing given the current situation of the royal family.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Letizia of Spain attends award ceremony of the Spanish Association of Publishers of Periodicals Yet another proof of Letizia' very poor sense of occasion, wearing leather pants and red high heels to an award ceremony where people were dressed far more formally. This outfit looks good for a private disco visit or a night out with friends, but just silly at such an event when representing the royal family, it distracts from the purpose of the event and hey, its actually begging for critizism, not being recognized for working hard but wearing unsuitable leather pants. http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...RkRK-DYDKl.jpg http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...A8453RXuZl.jpg
I like the outfit, it's stylish, up to date and modern and looks amazing on Letizia. It is not appropriate for an official event for the future Queen.

Quote:
http://m5.paperblog.com/i/67/674458/...-L-qfBq3j.jpeg Charlene's dress The issue was that some people thought it didn't have a lining
I get it, like you can't see anything, nothing's popping out and everything's covered. It's the detail makes you think of nakedness.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

I looked at Charlene's dress closely and it looked OK to me. Can't tell if she's naked under it, so this leaves one wondering rather than sure she's naked underneath. Only a person with an outstanding figure could wear this dress from Mars. Whoops--now I read older posts where the bottom half of her dress was shown, saying it was see-through so you could see her underwear. Those pictures are now removed. Someone agreed that this dress was not suitable.

I always like what Letizia wears. Better leather pants than skirt too short. Maybe she got tired of criticism of skirt length and just wears pants most places. But if it is a formal situation needing full length skirt, then this is not the right thing to wear.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
OMG!
She did not look at the mirror before going out?
This is actually a decent photo. The one I saw left very little to the imagination...Charlene's string bikini knickers for example.

There is simply no excuse for that dress, imo. None.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The world didn't change. It was a moment in time. Who cares.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Leather trousers are fine on Cher or Ricky Martin but they look silly on Letizia at an official event. Letizia needs to realize she is neither a rock star nor celebrity and the sooner the better!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
This is actually a decent photo. The one I saw left very little to the imagination...Charlene's string bikini knickers for example.

There is simply no excuse for that dress, imo. None.
This is the same event at the same time, that is important to realise. The photos that were issued initially gave an effect which looked as if you could see a bra and string bikini underneath the dress ie no lining. That is in fact an optical illusion caused by the "V" black pattern on the dress. Therehas always been a lining to this dress; Charlene has never shown ANY underwear at all. there has been strong debate on the Charlene fashion thread about this.

this dress is fine. She has NEVER shown any inappropriate parts of her body and I dont think she ever would. And if all of you thought about her and how she is,you would know this. Any issueswith this dress have been caused by an optical illusion (see fashion thread). I thought initially there was a problem, I investigated and there isnt IMO. You dont have to like the dress (actuallyI dont) but that is the only question, again IMO.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-03-2013, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Can someone post the other pics of this famous Charlene's dress?
Old 11-03-2013, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Here you go:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/1zdqaua.jpg
Old 11-03-2013, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Poor Charlene, what a mistake. Hopefully she has a perfect figure, and she does wear pants, even a string!
It is a hugd mistake from designer not to think about!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
This is the same event at the same time, that is important to realise. The photos that were issued initially gave an effect which looked as if you could see a bra and string bikini underneath the dress ie no lining. That is in fact an optical illusion caused by the "V" black pattern on the dress. Therehas always been a lining to this dress; Charlene has never shown ANY underwear at all. there has been strong debate on the Charlene fashion thread about this.

this dress is fine. She has NEVER shown any inappropriate parts of her body and I dont think she ever would. And if all of you thought about her and how she is,you would know this. Any issueswith this dress have been caused by an optical illusion (see fashion thread). I thought initially there was a problem, I investigated and there isnt IMO. You dont have to like the dress (actuallyI dont) but that is the only question, again IMO.
I am not the only one who deemed the dress inappropriate cepe. The fact that it is causing so much controversy online-not only on this board-proves that.

All it would have taken would have been the use of a good full length mirror and some decent lighting and Charlene, her designers, and her assistants would have gotten the same "optical illusion" we all did.

I appreciate your response/input and your assurance that I didn't have to like it, which I definitely did not. Far from being "fine," my opinion as well as that of many others is that it was a very(rare) bad choice by Charlene.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968