The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-11-2011, 03:04 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,610
Personally I think she shouldn't be compared to the guests/attendance simply because they are not the future Queen. I expect Letizia to be dressed a level above everyone else, to be dressed the most appropriate way. You cant say Letizia should dress like a university student while visiting a university.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-11-2011, 03:18 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Letizia´s outfits are suitable as long as the Royal House of Spain or king Juan Carlos orders her to dress otherwise. Because it hasn´t happened during the last seven years, it´s obvious that the Royal House of Spain and king Juan Carlos think that they are appropriate for a princess.
I don't share this conclusion - as I said in another thread, casareal telling Letizia how to dress would be the eptiome of all the restricitions she already has to face. I am sure they won't like the fashion focus on Letizia anyway and may not like her personal taste but telling her how to dress on the odd event, no way. Letizia may not look appropriate at times but she doesn't look indecent, casareal feeling the need to step in.

Many people ask why Felipe won't tell his wife that she doesnt look appropriate for the event, I think for the same reason, she already has had to force her character into so many restrictions and won't have it her way in so many issues that taking the freedom of dressing herself off her would lead to another strain on the relationship, very likely Felipe doesn't even dare mentioning it since Letizia is said to be boss in their private life, to compensate being forced to be second fiddle in their public life.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-11-2011, 06:20 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,179
When Letizia first arrived on the royal scene I loved her style,I know many have complained it was boring,bland ect but she looked the part & appeared regal.I used to follow Felipe & Letizia avidly & thought 'wow' when I saw them.

But something has changed .

Her trend since 2009 has been for the best part 'unregal' & most inappropriate for the wife of a future Monarch.She does make the effort every now & again but time after time she falls back into this unregal rut!

Her appearance has become boring & stale & I now prefer to see Felipe doing solo acts as one never knows what his wife might turn up looking like.

We live in a visual era & sadly it is important, & a lot of people are saying the same thing.Letizia works very hard but her clothes/image let her down big time.It takes away from any good work she does & attracts her a lot of negative attention.

She can with a little effort do a lot better,if she doesn't people will loose interest in her,I know I have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-11-2011, 06:42 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 2,936
Letizia is entering her 40s now and is probably just a bit tired. She has not looked well to me for quite some time, but no one reports that anything is wrong.

As long as she continues her work, wears clothing of any type and smiles, she's OK by me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-11-2011, 07:14 PM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,349
The occasion was a military graduation with royals present. She didn't look like she was getting dressed for a military graduation. She looked like she was dressed for a casual get together. I would imagine no one else in the crowd dressed as casually as she did. It looked very strange Prince Philipe all dressed up and Letizia very casual. Another thing that I noticed is she looked to me like she was very sad and wished she was somewhere else.

I can say that if I were going to military graduation, I would dress up and certainly would really dress up if royalty were present. My best clothes would be the only attire I would wear.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: everywhere, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
When Letizia first arrived on the royal scene I loved her style,I know many have complained it was boring,bland ect but she looked the part & appeared regal.I used to follow Felipe & Letizia avidly & thought 'wow' when I saw them.

But something has changed .

Her trend since 2009 has been for the best part 'unregal' & most inappropriate for the wife of a future Monarch.She does make the effort every now & again but time after time she falls back into this unregal rut!

Her appearance has become boring & stale & I now prefer to see Felipe doing solo acts as one never knows what his wife might turn up looking like.

We live in a visual era & sadly it is important, & a lot of people are saying the same thing.Letizia works very hard but her clothes/image let her down big time.It takes away from any good work she does & attracts her a lot of negative attention.

She can with a little effort do a lot better,if she doesn't people will loose interest in her,I know I have.

I agree that it does matter how we dress. It shouldn't be it does. Letizia's earlier style was perfect because it reflected a very business like approach to life which she still has. After all, Felipe and Letizia have a fairly busy schedule. These new clothes seem too casual and I do not know why she has changed so much.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
When Letizia first arrived on the royal scene I loved her style,I know many have complained it was boring,bland ect but she looked the part & appeared regal.I used to follow Felipe & Letizia avidly & thought 'wow' when I saw them.

But something has changed .

Her trend since 2009 has been for the best part 'unregal' & most inappropriate for the wife of a future Monarch.She does make the effort every now & again but time after time she falls back into this unregal rut!

Her appearance has become boring & stale & I now prefer to see Felipe doing solo acts as one never knows what his wife might turn up looking like.

We live in a visual era & sadly it is important, & a lot of people are saying the same thing.Letizia works very hard but her clothes/image let her down big time.It takes away from any good work she does & attracts her a lot of negative attention.

She can with a little effort do a lot better,if she doesn't people will loose interest in her,I know I have.
I very much agree with you. I've read some posts that say people complained about her early wardrobe, but I don't remember there being a huge outcry about it. Certainly not like what is posted about her appearance now. In the early years she looked like a match for her husband. Her appearance then was spot on. No longer except on the rarest of occasions. It does matter how Letizia dresses. The impression made matters.

I have noticed that there are some events she doesn't seem gung-ho to attend. One is military events, such as this graduation ceremony, and the other is anything religious. This is my opinon I am remembering the event with the Pope, and she looked absolutely miserable. Her clothes were fine, surprisingly, but her face told a different story.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-12-2011, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
I saw the live coverage, Pope Benedict completely ignored wives there, even Sofia looked extremely uncomfortable at the next day audience. For people who didn't know him (maybe Letizia included) probably thought he was incredibly rude (some posters here said he was very shy). On the contrary John Paul II was friendly towards everyone and made everyone around him comfortable.
Letizia had attended more than a dozen military graduations over the years, only twice she dressed too casually, both were in Leon, a bit strange, I wonder why.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-12-2011, 04:28 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,668
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/imag...ma/Panama3.jpg

Meeting the President of Panama in an ill-advised outfit. The pants are hidious. Among the other well-dressed participants Letizia looks like an outsider, the secretary who brought along some documents and got caught on camera by accident.

After Sofia's birth, basically when Letizia fulfilled her duty by providing a heiress and a spare, she stopped making an effort regarding her appearance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-12-2011, 05:36 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/imag...ma/Panama3.jpg

Meeting the President of Panama in an ill-advised outfit. The pants are hidious. Among the other well-dressed participants Letizia looks like an outsider, the secretary who brought along some documents and got caught on camera by accident.

After Sofia's birth, basically when Letizia fulfilled her duty by providing a heiress and a spare, she stopped making an effort regarding her appearance.
She does & I also stated that in her Daily fashion disasters thread.

I really wish the King would invite one of the Infantas to act as a royal counterbalance to Letizia & her new found lack of appropriate style.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-12-2011, 05:37 AM
soraya's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: somewhere, France
Posts: 667
The pant is incredibly fashionable ,but infortunatly it's also ridiculous.
A big NO for this outfit.
Not all what is fashionable and trendy is beautiful
Why doesn't she hold a hand bag or a clutch as most women.She seems so uncomfortable with her arms hanging down.She looks like a small girl among adults.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
The pant is incredibly fashionable ,but infortunatly it's also ridiculous.
A big NO for this outfit.
Not all what is fashionable and trendy is beautiful
Why doesn't she hold a hand bag or a clutch as most women.She seems so uncomfortable with her arms hanging down.She looks like a small girl among adults.
It made her look cold,unregal & unfeminine.

It was also very unflattering on such a handsome lady.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-12-2011, 05:59 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,610
Speechless on the look. Im sure Letizia must have realized that it was inappropriate to attend in that outfit.
I do get the point it is fashionable pants but the whole look didn't work. Letizia seems to be trying to hard to be fashionable but gets it wrong at the wrong times. I personally think she should hire a stylist if she wants to be fashionable.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:05 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Speechless on the look. Im sure Letizia must have realized that it was inappropriate to attend in that outfit.
I do get the point it is fashionable pants but the whole look didn't work. Letizia seems to be trying to hard to be fashionable but gets it wrong at the wrong times. I personally think she should hire a stylist if she wants to be fashionable.
What has happened to the stylish Letizia of yonder?

5 years ago she was regarded a breath of fresh air ,these days she's a complete fashion disaster zone
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Nice Nofret's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 398
Ouch ... one could wonder, if these hideous outfits are also a kind of statement ... like: " you cannot not communicate" ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-13-2011, 02:21 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
What has happened to the stylish Letizia of yonder?

5 years ago she was regarded a breath of fresh air ,these days she's a complete fashion disaster zone
Could be that Letizia least interest is fashion therefore she doesn't care much how she dress appropriate or not for an event. When she first went into her new role/life, it was a big change and she made the most effort she can but seems like she couldn't keep up with it.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Could be that Letizia least interest is fashion therefore she doesn't care much how she dress appropriate or not for an event.
If she wasnt interested, she wouldnt wear the latest stuff, would she, but stick to some professional basics that work for any event.
I do think she wants to support Spanish fashion but I find the way she is doing it (being kind of model for the latest (mass-)creations targeting a different age group and social class) is all wrong.
Its only the outfits as they come, no mix and match, no reflection, wear it a hundered times in exactly the same way, give it back after the media has reported and people are running to the store to buy.

Especially the shoes are all too often "look at me" shoes, nobody who is not interested in fashion would wear such pairs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-13-2011, 04:05 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Could be that Letizia least interest is fashion therefore she doesn't care much how she dress appropriate or not for an event. When she first went into her new role/life, it was a big change and she made the most effort she can but seems like she couldn't keep up with it.
It didn't take much effort (at the beginning) to wear suits from one single designer (Her MIL's suggestion) most of the time. Now she wore clothes pretty much put together by Varela or someone from Zara or Mango as soraya said in the other thread, like store displays, wore them exactly the same way over and over again. If she doesn't want to put much effort on clothes herself, hire a stylist, someone like Elena's ex Jaime would work.
She had an audience with college kids before the lunch with the President of Panama. Maybe the meeting was longer than expect and she didn't have time to change.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-13-2011, 04:22 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
She had an audience with college kids before the lunch with the President of Panama. Maybe the meeting was longer than expect and she didn't have time to change.
There is no need to look like a college kid when meeting with college kids, therefore it would have been suitable to attend the meeting with college kids dressed in a suitable way to meet the Panama President as well, knowing there might not be time to change (not that I believe Letizia thought about changing clothes anyway).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-13-2011, 05:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
There is no need to look like a college kid when meeting with college kids, therefore it would have been suitable to attend the meeting with college kids dressed in a suitable way to meet the Panama President as well, knowing there might not be time to change (not that I believe Letizia thought about changing clothes anyway).
That's a trendy look for yuppies, not for college kids, the blouse is actually a bit old fashioned.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most talked about outfits worn by royals by the press PrincessofEurope Royal Style File 28 09-16-2011 07:56 PM
Will Daniel be a suitable Prince Consort? Alexandria Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 87 08-30-2011 09:18 PM
Photoshopping Royals outfits, hats & hairstyles wymanda Royal Style File 208 12-14-2010 11:14 PM
choosing outfits contessa Royal Style File 4 11-17-2008 08:00 AM
Favourite outfits worn by Letizia: January 2006 - March 2007 carlota Archives 19 03-03-2007 06:18 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]