The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I agree with Humera, I dont think it was done to take attention away, Letizia does have some really odd fashion moments.
Leather pants IMo dont work for a princess but a leather skirt wouldve been just fine.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia looks like a doll to me quite child like in her frail appearance and I am not going to go there except to offer that as IMO so FOR ME she looks really silly in most outfits and the leather pants are too shiny and she is too small to wear them she looks comical in private she can do as she pleases But in public I believe she has to do better.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Easier said than done... Well, at least we can hope!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I agree the leather pants look out of place, particularly with the jacket.
However I'm not the cynical type and don't think that Letizia dresses this way deliberately to stand out, that would be rather presumptive. The media will always focus more on her appearance than the event and that's true of any of the stylish royal ladies out there, it's the nature of the beast.
Completely agree. When Letizia wore all business suits cut in about the same way by Varela for a 50-year-old back in 2005 and 2006, the press didn't lose any interest either even thought they were complaining constantly those suits were too old for her. I think she just wants to 'experiment' different styles for some non major events, she still wears classic style clothes for big events, such as PoA awards, national day, state visits and etc.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Courtier

Letizia does have the strangest outfits in most of her official functions. Some of them are not really appropriate like wearing a small bag around your body. This maybe "OK" when she's visiting a student's act but not when you are in an official function. Her latest outfit, the one when she's wearing a beige dress with brown stockings seem to be appropriate. It's not really tacky but somewhat related to the event (being an art event perhaps). Her shiny stockings should be worn in a less formal events not on official ones. I don't mind her wearing these but choose an informal event to do so. Wear suits like the ones she did way back during her early years as a CPss during an official events. I love Letizia but her style is becoming more and more trendy. Trendy is not bad at all but consider your style of being trendy and appropriate at the same time.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

But then she wore a lot of suits at the beginning of her marriage and some people found it boring!
In that respect I see a similarity here with Queen Rania who also wore a lot of tailored pant/skirt suits during her early years as Queen. The overall look was perfect and coordinated.
Over the last couple of years the trend has been to mix and match colours and textures, the overall look could be hit or miss and not always to everyone's taste.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Nobility

I think that Mathilde's outfit was ok for the even, however I didn't care for the fit of the skirt. Other than that, she looked professional and the colors were very pretty on her. (Loved her shoes!). I think Letizia's outfit she wore while visiting the student's residence was perfect. Casual, yet still professional and appropriate. And the colors were very flattering on her, especially the purple-pink sweater. The grey minidress was horrible, not just b/c it looked too big, but it was also too short. The shoes she wore with the minidress were awful too. Unless she was going to a club, this outfit in my opinion was enitrely inappropriate for a princess. I also agree with many of you that the leather pants were not appropriate for Letizia to wear, especially if it was a state event. If she was going out with her friends or to a club, then that would be ok, if she wore them as a private citizen. I think as a CP, she could get away with wearing perhaps a leather skirt, if it wasn't too short, and it was paired with perhaps more tailored or classy tops/jackets, but I think the pants are just not quite right. I do love the boots though, and if she were to have wore them with a skirt or different pants, maybe it would have looked better. I just think in general, members of royal families have to dress better, even on casual days, b/c they represent their countries, and perhaps don't have the "luxury" of being sloppy or messy when they go out in public, like a lot of non-royal people.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Gentry

it was in 2007, i find this look of lalla salma not suitable at all for the event, the material, the dentels, the flashy shoes, the earrings, she looks like she was at a fiesta when it was a conference about cancer,
http://i29.tinypic.com/2jcegko.jpg
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by samia View Post
it was in 2007, i find this look of lalla salma not suitable at all for the event, the material, the dentels, the flashy shoes, the earrings, she looks like she was at a fiesta when it was a conference about cancer,
I dont agree, I think the suit is perfect and well tailored for a meeting/conference.
I will agree about the shiney part but I think its due to the light and I doubt in reality that it is that shiney.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
i completely agree with you about this look, for me it wasn't at all the right outifit for this kind of event
Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Nobility

I think overall Lalla Salma looks very pretty. The suit is well tailored and seemed to fit her well, and the color was a nice contrast with her gorgeous hair. I don't care for the material though, it looks a bit shiny. But other than that, I think it was ok for the event.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

i agree with you about this look, for a conference about cancer it was really too pompous with the dentals suit and also the earrings
Old 07-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

July 8, 2011 - Letizia attending the graduation ceremony at the Air Force Basic Academy in Leon, Spain.

Too casual for such an event, especially when you have men dressed in uniform. Quite disappointing to see a future queen turn up like that to such an event. Letizia has many pretty suits which she could've worn. Moreover, her flats aren't elegant, way to causal. It seems to me, that Letizia forgot about the event and ran out of the door.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 07-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
July 8, 2011 - Letizia attending the graduation ceremony at the Air Force Basic Academy in Leon, Spain.

Too casual for such an event, especially when you have men dressed in uniform. Quite disappointing to see a future queen turn up like that to such an event. Letizia has many pretty suits which she could've worn. Moreover, her flats aren't elegant, way to causal. It seems to me, that Letizia forgot about the event and ran out of the door.

I'd like to see photo's of how the other guests are dressed (the graduates mothers/sisters/wives ect.)

I'm sure they all made the effort to dress up for the occassion.

But Letizia decided to turn up as an extra from Desperate Housewives!
Old 07-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

The other female attendees were way better dressed than Leti...dresses, suits etc. The women in the audience are better dressed than the crown princess.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
The other female attendees were way better dressed than Leti...dresses, suits etc. The women in the audience are better dressed than the crown princess.

Thanks for the link!

Look at how the other lady on the review stand is dressed & then look at what Letizia wore.The Crown Princess looks more like a 'celebrity guest' than the wife of the heir to the Spanish throne .

Letizia's outfit failed miserably & she can do a lot better!!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

For me this outfit was the most inappropriate that Letizia has worn, expecially because Prince Felipe was in uniform and for the event at which she attended.
Of course she can do so much better, during these years Letizia has worn many pretty outfits.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
For me this outfit was the most inappropriate that Letizia has worn, expecially because Prince Felipe was in uniform and for the event at which she attended.
Of course she can do so much better, during these years Letizia has worn many pretty outfits.
Maybe she was wearing her sunglasses whilst getting dressed
Old 07-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post

I did not like her outfit but I also did not notice how wrong it was until I saw the video. You are right that the other guests thought it was supposed to be a dressy event but she disagreed or maybe that was her idea representing the dress code.?

You have also made a good point that while an outfit can be good/bad it mostly matters whether or not you blend in with someone else. Hopefully she will do better in the future as she usually looks much dressier at military events. In fact her preferred "uniform" is a knee-length dress with a coat over it. That would have been very nice, by the way.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia´s outfits are suitable as long as the Royal House of Spain or king Juan Carlos orders her to dress otherwise. Because it hasn´t happened during the last seven years, it´s obvious that the Royal House of Spain and king Juan Carlos think that they are appropriate for a princess.