Are these outfits suitable for official events?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think overall Lalla Salma looks very pretty. The suit is well tailored and seemed to fit her well, and the color was a nice contrast with her gorgeous hair. I don't care for the material though, it looks a bit shiny. But other than that, I think it was ok for the event.

it was in 2007, i find this look of lalla salma not suitable at all for the event, the material, the dentels, the flashy shoes, the earrings, she looks like she was at a fiesta when it was a conference about cancer,
http://i29.tinypic.com/2jcegko.jpg

i agree with you about this look, for a conference about cancer it was really too pompous with the dentals suit and also the earrings

July 8, 2011 - Letizia attending the graduation ceremony at the Air Force Basic Academy in Leon, Spain.

Too casual for such an event, especially when you have men dressed in uniform. Quite disappointing to see a future queen turn up like that to such an event. Letizia has many pretty suits which she could've worn. Moreover, her flats aren't elegant, way to causal. It seems to me, that Letizia forgot about the event and ran out of the door.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

July 8, 2011 - Letizia attending the graduation ceremony at the Air Force Basic Academy in Leon, Spain.

Too casual for such an event, especially when you have men dressed in uniform. Quite disappointing to see a future queen turn up like that to such an event. Letizia has many pretty suits which she could've worn. Moreover, her flats aren't elegant, way to causal. It seems to me, that Letizia forgot about the event and ran out of the door.

I'd like to see photo's of how the other guests are dressed (the graduates mothers/sisters/wives ect.)

I'm sure they all made the effort to dress up for the occassion.

But Letizia decided to turn up as an extra from Desperate Housewives!

The other female attendees were way better dressed than Leti...dresses, suits etc. The women in the audience are better dressed than the crown princess.

YouTube - ‪Entrega de Reales Despachos de Sargento de la Academia Básica del Aire‬‏

Thanks for the link!

Look at how the other lady on the review stand is dressed & then look at what Letizia wore.The Crown Princess looks more like a 'celebrity guest' than the wife of the heir to the Spanish throne .

Letizia's outfit failed miserably & she can do a lot better!!

Last edited:
For me this outfit was the most inappropriate that Letizia has worn, expecially because Prince Felipe was in uniform and for the event at which she attended.
Of course she can do so much better, during these years Letizia has worn many pretty outfits.

For me this outfit was the most inappropriate that Letizia has worn, expecially because Prince Felipe was in uniform and for the event at which she attended.
Of course she can do so much better, during these years Letizia has worn many pretty outfits.

Maybe she was wearing her sunglasses whilst getting dressed :p

The other female attendees were way better dressed than Leti...dresses, suits etc. The women in the audience are better dressed than the crown princess.

YouTube - ‪Entrega de Reales Despachos de Sargento de la Academia Básica del Aire‬‏

I did not like her outfit but I also did not notice how wrong it was until I saw the video. You are right that the other guests thought it was supposed to be a dressy event but she disagreed or maybe that was her idea representing the dress code.?

You have also made a good point that while an outfit can be good/bad it mostly matters whether or not you blend in with someone else. Hopefully she will do better in the future as she usually looks much dressier at military events. In fact her preferred "uniform" is a knee-length dress with a coat over it. That would have been very nice, by the way.

Letizia´s outfits are suitable as long as the Royal House of Spain or king Juan Carlos orders her to dress otherwise. Because it hasn´t happened during the last seven years, it´s obvious that the Royal House of Spain and king Juan Carlos think that they are appropriate for a princess.

Personally I think she shouldn't be compared to the guests/attendance simply because they are not the future Queen. I expect Letizia to be dressed a level above everyone else, to be dressed the most appropriate way. You cant say Letizia should dress like a university student while visiting a university.

Letizia´s outfits are suitable as long as the Royal House of Spain or king Juan Carlos orders her to dress otherwise. Because it hasn´t happened during the last seven years, it´s obvious that the Royal House of Spain and king Juan Carlos think that they are appropriate for a princess.

I don't share this conclusion - as I said in another thread, casareal telling Letizia how to dress would be the eptiome of all the restricitions she already has to face. I am sure they won't like the fashion focus on Letizia anyway and may not like her personal taste but telling her how to dress on the odd event, no way. Letizia may not look appropriate at times but she doesn't look indecent, casareal feeling the need to step in.

Many people ask why Felipe won't tell his wife that she doesnt look appropriate for the event, I think for the same reason, she already has had to force her character into so many restrictions and won't have it her way in so many issues that taking the freedom of dressing herself off her would lead to another strain on the relationship, very likely Felipe doesn't even dare mentioning it since Letizia is said to be boss in their private life, to compensate being forced to be second fiddle in their public life.

When Letizia first arrived on the royal scene I loved her style,I know many have complained it was boring,bland ect but she looked the part & appeared regal.I used to follow Felipe & Letizia avidly & thought 'wow' when I saw them.

But something has changed .

Her trend since 2009 has been for the best part 'unregal' & most inappropriate for the wife of a future Monarch.She does make the effort every now & again but time after time she falls back into this unregal rut!

Her appearance has become boring & stale & I now prefer to see Felipe doing solo acts as one never knows what his wife might turn up looking like.

We live in a visual era & sadly it is important, & a lot of people are saying the same thing.Letizia works very hard but her clothes/image let her down big time.It takes away from any good work she does & attracts her a lot of negative attention.

She can with a little effort do a lot better,if she doesn't people will loose interest in her,I know I have.

Last edited:
Letizia is entering her 40s now and is probably just a bit tired. She has not looked well to me for quite some time, but no one reports that anything is wrong.

As long as she continues her work, wears clothing of any type and smiles, she's OK by me.

The occasion was a military graduation with royals present. She didn't look like she was getting dressed for a military graduation. She looked like she was dressed for a casual get together. I would imagine no one else in the crowd dressed as casually as she did. It looked very strange Prince Philipe all dressed up and Letizia very casual. Another thing that I noticed is she looked to me like she was very sad and wished she was somewhere else.

I can say that if I were going to military graduation, I would dress up and certainly would really dress up if royalty were present. My best clothes would be the only attire I would wear.

When Letizia first arrived on the royal scene I loved her style,I know many have complained it was boring,bland ect but she looked the part & appeared regal.I used to follow Felipe & Letizia avidly & thought 'wow' when I saw them.

Her trend since 2009 has been for the best part 'unregal' & most inappropriate for the wife of a future Monarch.She does make the effort every now & again but time after time she falls back into this unregal rut!

Her appearance has become boring & stale & I now prefer to see Felipe doing solo acts as one never knows what his wife might turn up looking like.

We live in a visual era & sadly it is important, & a lot of people are saying the same thing.Letizia works very hard but her clothes/image let her down big time.It takes away from any good work she does & attracts her a lot of negative attention.

She can with a little effort do a lot better,if she doesn't people will loose interest in her,I know I have.

I agree that it does matter how we dress. It shouldn't be it does. Letizia's earlier style was perfect because it reflected a very business like approach to life which she still has. After all, Felipe and Letizia have a fairly busy schedule. These new clothes seem too casual and I do not know why she has changed so much.

I very much agree with you. I've read some posts that say people complained about her early wardrobe, but I don't remember there being a huge outcry about it. Certainly not like what is posted about her appearance now. In the early years she looked like a match for her husband. Her appearance then was spot on. No longer except on the rarest of occasions. It does matter how Letizia dresses. The impression made matters.

I have noticed that there are some events she doesn't seem gung-ho to attend. One is military events, such as this graduation ceremony, and the other is anything religious. This is my opinon :flowers: I am remembering the event with the Pope, and she looked absolutely miserable. Her clothes were fine, surprisingly, but her face told a different story.

Last edited:
I saw the live coverage, Pope Benedict completely ignored wives there, even Sofia looked extremely uncomfortable at the next day audience. For people who didn't know him (maybe Letizia included) probably thought he was incredibly rude (some posters here said he was very shy). On the contrary John Paul II was friendly towards everyone and made everyone around him comfortable.
Letizia had attended more than a dozen military graduations over the years, only twice she dressed too casually, both were in Leon, a bit strange, I wonder why.

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20110711_encuentro_almuerzo_presidente_panama/Panama3.jpg

Meeting the President of Panama in an ill-advised outfit. The pants are hidious. Among the other well-dressed participants Letizia looks like an outsider, the secretary who brought along some documents and got caught on camera by accident.

After Sofia's birth, basically when Letizia fulfilled her duty by providing a heiress and a spare, she stopped making an effort regarding her appearance.

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20110711_encuentro_almuerzo_presidente_panama/Panama3.jpg

Meeting the President of Panama in an ill-advised outfit. The pants are hidious. Among the other well-dressed participants Letizia looks like an outsider, the secretary who brought along some documents and got caught on camera by accident.

After Sofia's birth, basically when Letizia fulfilled her duty by providing a heiress and a spare, she stopped making an effort regarding her appearance.

She does & I also stated that in her Daily fashion disasters thread.

I really wish the King would invite one of the Infantas to act as a royal counterbalance to Letizia & her new found lack of appropriate style.

The pant is incredibly fashionable ,but infortunatly it's also ridiculous.
A big NO for this outfit.
Not all what is fashionable and trendy is beautiful:ermm:
Why doesn't she hold a hand bag or a clutch as most women.She seems so uncomfortable with her arms hanging down.She looks like a small girl among adults.

The pant is incredibly fashionable ,but infortunatly it's also ridiculous.
A big NO for this outfit.
Not all what is fashionable and trendy is beautiful:ermm:
Why doesn't she hold a hand bag or a clutch as most women.She seems so uncomfortable with her arms hanging down.She looks like a small girl among adults.

It made her look cold,unregal & unfeminine.

It was also very unflattering on such a handsome lady.

Speechless on the look. Im sure Letizia must have realized that it was inappropriate to attend in that outfit.
I do get the point it is fashionable pants but the whole look didn't work. Letizia seems to be trying to hard to be fashionable but gets it wrong at the wrong times. I personally think she should hire a stylist if she wants to be fashionable.

Speechless on the look. Im sure Letizia must have realized that it was inappropriate to attend in that outfit.
I do get the point it is fashionable pants but the whole look didn't work. Letizia seems to be trying to hard to be fashionable but gets it wrong at the wrong times. I personally think she should hire a stylist if she wants to be fashionable.

What has happened to the stylish Letizia of yonder?

5 years ago she was regarded a breath of fresh air ,these days she's a complete fashion disaster zone :sad:

Ouch ... one could wonder, if these hideous outfits are also a kind of statement ... like: " you cannot not communicate" ...

What has happened to the stylish Letizia of yonder?

5 years ago she was regarded a breath of fresh air ,these days she's a complete fashion disaster zone :sad:

Could be that Letizia least interest is fashion therefore she doesn't care much how she dress appropriate or not for an event. When she first went into her new role/life, it was a big change and she made the most effort she can but seems like she couldn't keep up with it.

Could be that Letizia least interest is fashion therefore she doesn't care much how she dress appropriate or not for an event.

If she wasnt interested, she wouldnt wear the latest stuff, would she, but stick to some professional basics that work for any event.
I do think she wants to support Spanish fashion but I find the way she is doing it (being kind of model for the latest (mass-)creations targeting a different age group and social class) is all wrong.
Its only the outfits as they come, no mix and match, no reflection, wear it a hundered times in exactly the same way, give it back after the media has reported and people are running to the store to buy.

Especially the shoes are all too often "look at me" shoes, nobody who is not interested in fashion would wear such pairs.

Could be that Letizia least interest is fashion therefore she doesn't care much how she dress appropriate or not for an event. When she first went into her new role/life, it was a big change and she made the most effort she can but seems like she couldn't keep up with it.

It didn't take much effort (at the beginning) to wear suits from one single designer (Her MIL's suggestion) most of the time. Now she wore clothes pretty much put together by Varela or someone from Zara or Mango as soraya said in the other thread, like store displays, wore them exactly the same way over and over again. If she doesn't want to put much effort on clothes herself, hire a stylist, someone like Elena's ex Jaime would work.
She had an audience with college kids before the lunch with the President of Panama. Maybe the meeting was longer than expect and she didn't have time to change.

Last edited:
She had an audience with college kids before the lunch with the President of Panama. Maybe the meeting was longer than expect and she didn't have time to change.

There is no need to look like a college kid when meeting with college kids, therefore it would have been suitable to attend the meeting with college kids dressed in a suitable way to meet the Panama President as well, knowing there might not be time to change (not that I believe Letizia thought about changing clothes anyway).

There is no need to look like a college kid when meeting with college kids, therefore it would have been suitable to attend the meeting with college kids dressed in a suitable way to meet the Panama President as well, knowing there might not be time to change (not that I believe Letizia thought about changing clothes anyway).

That's a trendy look for yuppies, not for college kids, the blouse is actually a bit old fashioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom