A Wedding Dress for Princess Eugenie of York - Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see her wearing her grandmother's fringe tiara and . . . her train. What a waste to have such a thing of beauty mouldering away on display. I think it should be treated like a heritage veil. :flowers:

However, I believe she will wear her mother's tiara.

As I understand it, from someone who works in conservation, Queen Elizabeth's train is actually very fragile. I believe they were saying they didn't even know if they would be able to display it that much longer which means wearing it is completely out of the question.

Love this one for her shape and height.

I think due to her more curvy figure it wouldn't look as good on her as it did for Elizabeth Taylor.

LaRae

I think Westwood is a good possibility for a designer...will be interesting to see who she picks and what style she ends up with.

LaRae

I think due to her more curvy figure it wouldn't look as good on her as it did for Elizabeth Taylor.

LaRae

Other than Elizabeth Taylor having an incredibly small waist in her younger years, she and Eugenie have similar curvy figures. Eugenie is a few inches taller.

I think Eugenie has a bit more curve than Elizabeth Taylor. If you are that curvy and busty you have to be careful about some styles, they can look at bit vampy sometimes.

LaRae

I agree..I really liked Sarah's dress and tiara.

LaRae

That Lazaro dress is a beautiful silhouette for Eugenie. She has a very defined waist which is an advantage when working out wedding dress shapes because a lot will suit her. And she is beautiful young woman, and will make a splendid bride.

And they totally left off Westwood....and de la Renta...that's not an English brand is it?

LaRae

And they totally left off Westwood....and de la Renta...that's not an English brand is it?

LaRae

No, he was Dominican-American. Its based out of New York (though sold in shops all over the world including Harrods). But then again they also had Alberta Feretti is Italian. They glossed over those two, and only mentioned the French designer as foreign. Erdem is technically Canadian, but his business is London based.

I am surprised that Westwood wasn't on there. Other then Fergie's dress designer, they focussed simply on designers she has worn before. And she certainly has worn Westwood.

And totally agree, the Feretti gown she wore for the photo shoot is the best look I have seen her in. She looked stunning.

Last edited:
Feretti design style really goes well with her body shape and coloring, a shame they aren't able (or likely) to do her wedding dress.

Same for Paule Ka (French) ...lovely look on her, along with the Preen dress she wore to Ascot, if she goes with a slightly retro flare.

She's said she's not going to do a cupcake dress (engagement interview) so I don't think we are gonna see her in a big ballgown style.

I'd settle for classy/elegant though!

LaRae

Eugenie, has a great fashion sense most of the time. Unlike her sister, her misses tend to be more on fit then actual style.

Unlike Zara and Autumn, Eugenie is sure to have a bespoke wedding gown, one designed to fit her. She is the first British princess to marry since Anne. Even if a smaller private wedding, that is going to get attention. I am sure any designer she wants will likely be thrilled to work with her on the gown.

While I am anxious to see Meghan's, and hope for a stunning architectural dress, part of me is more excited by Eugenie's. I think she will feel a bit more freedom to branch away from the traditional 'English country' style, and we will see a bit more flair.

Hope she doesn't prove me wrong, but expecting some wow.

I don't want her to 'wow' us in a bad way....some of her fashion choices have been less than flattering to her figure or even her age group. Some of her outfits have been horrible but I agree less so than Beatrice. Still I'm nervous about what she ends up wearing. I hope she goes with a designer than can dress her body in the right style for her shape and the venue. I worry about some attempt to be 'avant garde' or trendy.

Fingers crossed for something wonderful!

LaRae

It’s a shame it’s not televised...but I’m sure we’ll see snippets on the news.

I don't want her to 'wow' us in a bad way....some of her fashion choices have been less than flattering to her figure or even her age group. Some of her outfits have been horrible but I agree less so than Beatrice. Still I'm nervous about what she ends up wearing. I hope she goes with a designer than can dress her body in the right style for her shape and the venue. I worry about some attempt to be 'avant garde' or trendy.

Fingers crossed for something wonderful!

LaRae

Her evening looks, especially gowns, tend to be a hit. And this is when she is picking off the rack clothes for herself. Not having a custom gown made for her by a top designer, built for her body. That makes a great difference.

There is no reason she cant have a bit of 'trendy' in her look. As long as the gown has the presence for the chapel, it doesn't need to look 'classic'.

This is the one dress Pranter, fingers crossed, that she gets right!

Her evening looks, especially gowns, tend to be a hit. And this is when she is picking off the rack clothes for herself. Not having a custom gown made for her by a top designer, built for her body. That makes a great difference.

There is no reason she cant have a bit of 'trendy' in her look. As long as the gown has the presence for the chapel, it doesn't need to look 'classic'.

There's good trendy and there's bad trendy...I'm referring to bad trendy...the fad stuff that hasn't, for the most part, suited her at all.

Her past disaster dress make me nervous, that's all.

LaRae

This is the one dress Pranter, fingers crossed, that she gets right!

Me too...we've all see the brides in the (OMG did you see what she was wearing) dresses.

LaRae

There's good trendy and there's bad trendy...I'm referring to bad trendy...the fad stuff that hasn't, for the most part, suited her at all.

Her past disaster dress make me nervous, that's all.

LaRae

Yes, there have been times I’ve wondered if someone isn’t there to help and say something is ill-fitting and not quite right.

Eugenie, has a great fashion sense most of the time. Unlike her sister, her misses tend to be more on fit then actual style.

Unlike Zara and Autumn, Eugenie is sure to have a bespoke wedding gown, one designed to fit her. She is the first British princess to marry since Anne. Even if a smaller private wedding, that is going to get attention. I am sure any designer she wants will likely be thrilled to work with her on the gown.

While I am anxious to see Meghan's, and hope for a stunning architectural dress, part of me is more excited by Eugenie's. I think she will feel a bit more freedom to branch away from the traditional 'English country' style, and we will see a bit more flair.

Hope she doesn't prove me wrong, but expecting some wow.

Exactly this. I, too, am a bit anxious to see Meghan's dress and not in a great way. Eugenie on the other hand....I very much agree that most of her misses tend to be in fit or cut rather than in style/color/pattern. With her art background and the style we've seen from her, especially in the past few years and with evening/ball gowns, I hold high hopes for Eugenie's wedding dress. I definitely don't picture her in a poofy, meringue style dress but I absolutely can picture something appropriate, romantic, well cut/styled...I really think with her background it will absolutely be something that works with the style, venue, season. I'm definitely expecting breathtaking in the best of ways and, if I'm right, I wouldn't be surprised to see her show up on the "Best Royal Wedding Dresses" list in the future.

It’s a shame it’s not televised...but I’m sure we’ll see snippets on the news.

I'm not sad. JMO. There is enough lingering acrimony for the Yorks that extended coverage would lend itself to all kinds of critique and picking. It would be a field day for all the haters; the talking heads would fill all the silent bits with rehashing of every old and tired scandal over and over. We will still get it - but for fewer hours.

I've actually thought about how I KNOW the Fail would cover Bea when (not if) she tears up during the ceremony for her very close sister. Of course she will cry those complex tears of love, happiness, loss, fulfillment, joy, pride, etc. But we know the press would gif the heck out of Bea "breaking down in sobs over her own loneliness." Which is a lot of crud, IMO.

I want those moments to be private for them. JMO.

Will all the fabrics, trimmings etc. for Princess Eugenie's wedding dress have to be British?

I would be very surprised if it was not British. The backlash wouldn't be worth it.

LaRae

I really don't think this wedding will be televised. There's not enough public interest in Britain imo.
We also don't know how close Eugenie is to Lord Frederick Windsor and his wife, so Maud might not be chosen. I'm sure Eugenie is cordial with Zara and Mike so Mia may be a pick, might not. Same with the Wessexes. Eugenie has masses of friends and of relatives from the Ferguson side of the family so there are other possibilities.

I'm sure Eugenie will look lovely in her dress........................??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom