A Wedding Dress for Princess Beatrice - Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sted-diamante-huge-message-support-Queen.html

For Princess Beatrice, this was the ultimate ‘something borrowed’.

Fashion is so often used to make a statement and this gown, personally loaned by the Queen, sends a huge message of her support to a much-loved granddaughter on her wedding day.

The Queen Mary tiara – worn by the Queen when she married Prince Philip in 1947 and loaned to her only daughter Princess Anne on hers – also signifies the warmth of feeling.

A very traditional design, it is beautifully crafted from peau de soie taffeta and features a geometric, chequered bodice encrusted with diamanté.

There have been amendments to the original, of course, to allow for Beatrice’s height and the modesty of a Royal bride in church. Angela Kelly, the Queen’s personal dresser, and Stewart Parvin, Her Majesty’s favourite dressmaker, remodelled and refitted the dress to Beatrice’s size and tastes.

A longer sleeve, for example, might have been more fashionable but then Beatrice has never been in thrall to fashion labels and the puffed organza sleeves show her playful style. A sleek trim of ivory Duchess satin at the bottom of the gown allows for added length.

Bea looks absolutely stunning. What a lovely choice of dress. Love the sentiment behind it.

It's a nice color for her and a good style....very sweet that she was able to wear the Queen's dress and QM Tiara!

LaRae

Vintage absolutely suits Beatrice (Eugenie too). I was hoping one of them would go for a vintage vibe, and instead I just got vintage.

I love the dress, and paired with her grandmother's tiara, beautiful choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom